Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Crystal Palace Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread 12:58 - Jan 1 with 56950 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 3 Jan 2017 19:04]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Crystal Palace Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 09:23 - Jan 3 with 2327 viewsJethroJack

Ledley to score a hat-trick, 2 scorpion kicks & a lucky deflection off his beard. Clement to resign straight after the game, admitting he'd made a dreadful mistake accepting the job. Gonzo contacts Brad pleading for his return. Its been that sort of season.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2017 9:25]
The Official Crystal Palace Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 10:20 - Jan 3 with 2252 viewsowainglyndwr

We have been so bad of late, I dont know why but I have a feeling that AC will get the players battling tonight and come away with a point or dare I say a win.
The Official Crystal Palace Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 11:07 - Jan 3 with 2208 viewsplanetswansadmin

The Swans head to Crystal Palace this evening knowing that defeat will leave them a massive seven points from the safety zone in the Premier League and facing an uphill task that I am not sure we could come out of

Full story at http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/44668
The Official Crystal Palace Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 11:47 - Jan 3 with 2163 viewsmacthejack

I love a trip to palace, proper old school ground with a decent atmosphere, especially under the floodlights.

Where we headed for the pre-match suppage?
The Official Crystal Palace Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 12:17 - Jan 3 with 2125 viewstomdickharry

Very tough game which we must not lose,surely surely there is a performance in our team and tonight's the night to show it not only to our new Manager and the fans but to the players themselves and their professional pride.
The Official Crystal Palace Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 12:54 - Jan 3 with 2056 viewsFlashberryjack

The Official Crystal Palace Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 12:17 - Jan 3 by tomdickharry

Very tough game which we must not lose,surely surely there is a performance in our team and tonight's the night to show it not only to our new Manager and the fans but to the players themselves and their professional pride.

There's not much professional pride in our team I'm afraid........one of the reasons why we are where we are.

Palace only need to score one goal and we're fooked, fat Sam is well aware of that.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2017 13:30]

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The Official Crystal Palace Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 13:10 - Jan 3 with 2033 viewsTummer_from_Texas

My completely uninformed feelings about tonight:

1) Borja will make an appearance.
2) It will be the last time we ever see him in a Swans shirt.

Hope I'm wrong about the latter. I still believe his best days are ahead of him.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

The Official Crystal Palace Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 13:51 - Jan 3 with 1960 viewsGlyn1

Routledge to score against his former club - absolute certainty.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Crystal Palace Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 13:52 - Jan 3 with 1954 viewsFlashberryjack

The Official Crystal Palace Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 13:10 - Jan 3 by Tummer_from_Texas

My completely uninformed feelings about tonight:

1) Borja will make an appearance.
2) It will be the last time we ever see him in a Swans shirt.

Hope I'm wrong about the latter. I still believe his best days are ahead of him.

" I still believe his best days are ahead of him"

Well he can't get any worst, can he ?

BTW I don't think we'll ever see him in a Swans shirt again, and I won't shed a tear over that.

I'd like to know who the clever tw*t that valued him at £15 million, more importantly, I'd like to know the deluded tw*t that paid it.

Hello

The Official Crystal Palace Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 13:54 - Jan 3 with 1947 viewsjasper_T

The Official Crystal Palace Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 13:52 - Jan 3 by Flashberryjack

BTW I don't think we'll ever see him in a Swans shirt again, and I won't shed a tear over that.

I'd like to know who the clever tw*t that valued him at £15 million, more importantly, I'd like to know the deluded tw*t that paid it.

I dunno, he might not score 18 La Liga goals again. Not a lot of players do.

His best days may genuinely be behind him.
The Official Crystal Palace Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 14:20 - Jan 3 with 1899 viewsTummer_from_Texas

The Official Crystal Palace Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 13:52 - Jan 3 by Flashberryjack

I'm including last season, when he scored 15 times in LA Liga, in those best days.

He's still only 24 and has already missed a lot of time due to injury. He may never be a great player, or he may have only scratched the surface of his potential, but the future is still wide open for him.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

The Official Crystal Palace Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 14:28 - Jan 3 with 1885 viewsLoyal

The Official Crystal Palace Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 13:51 - Jan 3 by Glyn1

Routledge to score against his former club - absolute certainty.

3-1 palace then.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

The Official Crystal Palace Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 15:02 - Jan 3 with 1835 viewsFlashberryjack

The Official Crystal Palace Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 14:20 - Jan 3 by Tummer_from_Texas

I'm including last season, when he scored 15 times in LA Liga, in those best days.

He's still only 24 and has already missed a lot of time due to injury. He may never be a great player, or he may have only scratched the surface of his potential, but the future is still wide open for him.

Murcia.(loan) Huesa (loan) Deportiva. Zaragoza. Eibar (loan) hardly the top teams in LA Liga.

What he's done in the past or what he may do in the future, doesn't really concern me.

It's what he does here and now what matters to me, and he's done next to f*ck all.

And if we were dull enough to spunk £15 million for his services, then that only rubs salt into the wounds, wounds that will prove fatal in our survival battle.

Hello

The Official Crystal Palace Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 15:18 - Jan 3 with 1813 viewsepaul

The Official Crystal Palace Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 11:47 - Jan 3 by macthejack

I love a trip to palace, proper old school ground with a decent atmosphere, especially under the floodlights.

Where we headed for the pre-match suppage?

We're going to the wetherspoons opposite Thornton Heath Station, 10 min walk to ground

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

The Official Crystal Palace Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 15:34 - Jan 3 with 1774 viewslegoman

The Official Crystal Palace Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 10:20 - Jan 3 by owainglyndwr

We have been so bad of late, I dont know why but I have a feeling that AC will get the players battling tonight and come away with a point or dare I say a win.

As I'll be making the 3 mile trip, I bloody hope you are right.

"M'sieur, you said your dog did not bite!" "That's not my dog"

The Official Crystal Palace Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 15:35 - Jan 3 with 1770 viewsswanseajack4eva

Watch out for the Southern Rail reduced train service due to drivers strike action. Looks like trains run from Clapham out to Thornton Heath according to the map but at reduced frequency.

http://www.southernrailway.com/strike-action/tuesday-3-january/
The Official Crystal Palace Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 15:36 - Jan 3 with 1769 viewsGlyn1

The Official Crystal Palace Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 15:18 - Jan 3 by epaul

We're going to the wetherspoons opposite Thornton Heath Station, 10 min walk to ground

Great! I'll there with my autograph book.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

The Official Crystal Palace Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 16:14 - Jan 3 with 1684 viewsunion_jack

Most people on here saying we are going to get stuffed and to be fair there's little argument against such a prediction.

However, if the roles were reversed and we were in Crystal Palace's position and vice verse I'd be very worried tonight. My view would be that I bet their fortune will change against us. They've got a new manager looking on etc. etc.

Ok, they will be worrying over nothing but worrying they probably are at the moment. Can we take advantage of that?

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The Official Crystal Palace Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 16:33 - Jan 3 with 1636 viewsAl_Bundy

The Official Crystal Palace Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 16:14 - Jan 3 by union_jack

Most people on here saying we are going to get stuffed and to be fair there's little argument against such a prediction.

However, if the roles were reversed and we were in Crystal Palace's position and vice verse I'd be very worried tonight. My view would be that I bet their fortune will change against us. They've got a new manager looking on etc. etc.

Ok, they will be worrying over nothing but worrying they probably are at the moment. Can we take advantage of that?

I admire your optimism... I really do !

Trouble is...

We have very little of anything to worry Palace.

90 minutes of route one football tonight will bury us out of sight !
The Official Crystal Palace Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 16:38 - Jan 3 with 1622 viewsunion_jack

The Official Crystal Palace Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 16:33 - Jan 3 by Al_Bundy

I admire your optimism... I really do !

Trouble is...

We have very little of anything to worry Palace.

90 minutes of route one football tonight will bury us out of sight !

Yes, we know that but in their shoes I'd be thinking that this may be the wrong time to play us.

And believe me, where the Swans are concerned, optimistic is something I'm not regularly associated with

The Official Crystal Palace Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 17:06 - Jan 3 with 1560 viewstrampie

Massive game tonight, if Swans lose I would personally peg them as about 1/5 odds on for relegation, if Swans draw I would go about 1/2 odds on for relegation but if Swans win i would see our chances of staying up more 50/50 ish, and with a 'potentially' good manager to come in and hopefully good transfer signings to come in in January we would have a good chance of staying up, its a big game tonight.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

The Official Crystal Palace Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 17:19 - Jan 3 with 1529 viewsunion_jack

The Official Crystal Palace Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 17:06 - Jan 3 by trampie

Massive game tonight, if Swans lose I would personally peg them as about 1/5 odds on for relegation, if Swans draw I would go about 1/2 odds on for relegation but if Swans win i would see our chances of staying up more 50/50 ish, and with a 'potentially' good manager to come in and hopefully good transfer signings to come in in January we would have a good chance of staying up, its a big game tonight.

I'd agree with that if it wasn't for the very tough games coming up after tonight (which itself will be very tough of course).

Even with a win tonight, we're unlikely to get many points for the rest of the month which will keep us down there. It'll all be about confidence from there on in which may be totally shot by the end of the month.

The Official Crystal Palace Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 17:35 - Jan 3 with 1482 viewsLord_Bony

If Clement is there tonight it should have a calming,positive effect on the team hopefully.

Palace looked very weak against Arsenal this week.

What really worries me is our recent form,losing 3-0 to Bournemouth at home...and they hardly ever win any away games.

Quitley optimistic but we know what will happen. Either the team will turn up tonight or they won't.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

The Official Crystal Palace Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 17:41 - Jan 3 with 1460 viewsFlashberryjack

The Official Crystal Palace Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 17:19 - Jan 3 by union_jack

I'd agree with that if it wasn't for the very tough games coming up after tonight (which itself will be very tough of course).

Even with a win tonight, we're unlikely to get many points for the rest of the month which will keep us down there. It'll all be about confidence from there on in which may be totally shot by the end of the month.

A Crystal Palace fan of mine just emailed me, they're just as worried about this game as we are.

And with the about same amount of optimism........this isn't going to be a game for the faint heart, hope we can keep 11 on the field.

Hello

The Official Crystal Palace Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 18:12 - Jan 3 with 1392 viewsAl_Bundy

The Official Crystal Palace Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 16:38 - Jan 3 by union_jack

Yes, we know that but in their shoes I'd be thinking that this may be the wrong time to play us.

And believe me, where the Swans are concerned, optimistic is something I'm not regularly associated with

If we can dig in and give that extra 10% of work rate and desire and get something from this that would be quality.

If we do then where has it been the last 10 matches !?

I can see individuals trying to impress the Manager tonight with the transfer window looming as they will want to be part of Clements plans.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024