Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bundesliga striker Selke? 12:59 - Jan 3 with 1721 viewsHeadmaster

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/swansea-city-linked-mo

Says West Ham and Everton are looking at him too.
Bundesliga striker Selke? on 13:33 - Jan 3 with 1529 viewsTheKirkyLife

Why do we need another striker??

The only logical responses would be 'building for championship' or 'Borja leaving for loan spell'.
Bundesliga striker Selke? on 14:35 - Jan 3 with 1316 viewsTheResurrection

Bundesliga striker Selke? on 13:33 - Jan 3 by TheKirkyLife

Why do we need another striker??

The only logical responses would be 'building for championship' or 'Borja leaving for loan spell'.

How many more times ....

Because ours just aren't up to it, not one bit.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Bundesliga striker Selke? on 14:41 - Jan 3 with 1282 viewsTheKirkyLife

Bundesliga striker Selke? on 14:35 - Jan 3 by TheResurrection

How many more times ....

Because ours just aren't up to it, not one bit.

Any time Llorente has been given some semblance of service he's looked worth his money. The one time Borja got decent service he scored a goal.

Strikers have not been our problem this season, getting the ball to strikers in a good position has been. You cannot honestly tell me that the forward men should be expected to drop into midfield to pick up the ball? To be fair even when they do drop back the other inevitably lose it.

Besides, how Selke would be an improvement on either Borja or Fernando or even Oli McBurnie is a question I couldn't answer.
Bundesliga striker Selke? on 14:54 - Jan 3 with 1193 viewsBytholWyn

If you add up all his appearances to date Borja has only played just over 5 full games for us. Hardly a basis for making an informed decision on his ability to do a job for us. For what it's worth, in my opinion if we get him playing in a number 9 role, and deliver quality service, he'll shine for us. Our problems lie elsewhere - in fact just about everywhere else.
Bundesliga striker Selke? on 14:56 - Jan 3 with 1179 viewsmissingmel

Yet again a player who can't into a first team. Why do we always go for first team rejects.

Cork
Fer
VDH

All the same.

All obviously not good enough to start yet we think will make a difference for us.

We need to offload VDH and Amat now and get a decent CB sharpish.

Got to score 4 goals each game to get anything at the moment!
Bundesliga striker Selke? on 15:01 - Jan 3 with 1153 viewsLegend83

A whole new defence and a winger / midfielder who can put it on Llorente's noggin might see us safe.
Bundesliga striker Selke? on 15:20 - Jan 3 with 1064 viewsTheResurrection

I'm pretty confident the football people at Swansea, Clement now included will know they're both not up to it.

Big pussy's the both of them.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Bundesliga striker Selke? on 15:27 - Jan 3 with 1012 viewsGlyn1

Bundesliga striker Selke? on 14:56 - Jan 3 by missingmel

Yet again a player who can't into a first team. Why do we always go for first team rejects.

Cork
Fer
VDH

All the same.

All obviously not good enough to start yet we think will make a difference for us.

Siggurdsson was a 'first team reject' and he's been our star performer. Allen would also have come into that category at Liverpool.

Players who are regular team members are going to be reluctant to join a team being outplayed by other relegation sides as is happening to us, but I agree with you that a 21-year old inexperienced strike isn't going to be any kind of answer for us. Clement will know all about him, anyways.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2017 15:34]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Login to get fewer ads

Bundesliga striker Selke? on 15:35 - Jan 3 with 953 viewsFlashberryjack

Bundesliga striker Selke? on 14:41 - Jan 3 by TheKirkyLife

Any time Llorente has been given some semblance of service he's looked worth his money. The one time Borja got decent service he scored a goal.

Strikers have not been our problem this season, getting the ball to strikers in a good position has been. You cannot honestly tell me that the forward men should be expected to drop into midfield to pick up the ball? To be fair even when they do drop back the other inevitably lose it.

Besides, how Selke would be an improvement on either Borja or Fernando or even Oli McBurnie is a question I couldn't answer.

"Strikers have not been our problem this season, getting the ball to strikers in a good position has been"

Granted our strikers haven't had good service, but good strikers have a habit of getting themselves into good positions.

I vaguely recall one managed to get himself into so many good positions, unfortunately the linesman always spotted him.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Bundesliga striker Selke? on 15:38 - Jan 3 with 937 viewsmissingmel

Bundesliga striker Selke? on 15:27 - Jan 3 by Glyn1

Siggurdsson was a 'first team reject' and he's been our star performer. Allen would also have come into that category at Liverpool.

Players who are regular team members are going to be reluctant to join a team being outplayed by other relegation sides as is happening to us, but I agree with you that a 21-year old inexperienced strike isn't going to be any kind of answer for us. Clement will know all about him, anyways.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2017 15:34]

Am I missing something here ? Did we sign Allen in August???

If the money is right players will join its as simple as that, regardless of league position. Other clubs who have ambition do it every transfer window.

And yes many players who are in the first team leave to other clubs that's football!

Sigurdsson couldn't get into a top 4 club that's different. Look at all the quality players that are apart of the top 4 squad!!. Wake up honestly.
Bundesliga striker Selke? on 16:18 - Jan 3 with 796 viewsDyfnant

Bundesliga striker Selke? on 14:56 - Jan 3 by missingmel

Cork
Fer
VDH

All the same.

His team are top of the league aren't they?

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Bundesliga striker Selke? on 16:31 - Jan 3 with 749 viewsforkbeard

Bundesliga striker Selke? on 16:18 - Jan 3 by Dyfnant

His team are top of the league aren't they?

Second now.
Selke took the money step and went down a division from Werder Bremen to join Red Bull Leipzig who themselves are not popular due to the way they've gone up the leagues when he was considered a young prodigy at WB. Didn't go down well when he moved and ended up being known as $3LK£ to a lot of people to mimic him being a mercenary.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2017 16:34]
Bundesliga striker Selke? on 16:35 - Jan 3 with 715 viewsDafyddHuw

Bundesliga striker Selke? on 14:41 - Jan 3 by TheKirkyLife

Exactly
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024