Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Team for cup game at Hull 08:45 - Jan 4 with 5550 viewssomersetsimon

Do we put the reserves in or is this a chance for Clement to pick his first team and get them playing together?

Team for cup game at Hull on 08:48 - Jan 4 with 4188 viewsereksten

I'd say this is the perfect time for a bunch of U23s to get some game time, seeing how excellent they've been in PL2. Sigurdsson at the very least should get a rest.

I doubt Hull will field a very strong team.

Jack Army Norway (http://swanseacity.no/)

Team for cup game at Hull on 08:49 - Jan 4 with 4186 viewsblackswan

Strongest side gives Paul the chance to see what's needed and a result would be good for confidence
Team for cup game at Hull on 08:50 - Jan 4 with 4176 viewsPegojack

Personally, as long as they are 100% fit, I'd treat it just like another Premier League fixture and play my best team. Give them a chance to jelly. But what do I know? He'll probably play five or six stiffs.
Team for cup game at Hull on 09:08 - Jan 4 with 4119 viewsbuilthjack

Strongest team. Treat it as a training game. Let the players enjoy it, keep possession all game. Get Lorente a bit fitter with another 90 minutes. Leave Taylor on the sidelines.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Team for cup game at Hull on 09:30 - Jan 4 with 4072 viewshammy

Team for cup game at Hull on 09:08 - Jan 4 by builthjack

Strongest team. Treat it as a training game. Let the players enjoy it, keep possession all game. Get Lorente a bit fitter with another 90 minutes. Leave Taylor on the sidelines.

Yes, it's kind of a pre-season fixture for PC (and the only one he's going to get !). Arsenal, Liverpool and Soton next up; we must get points from these 3 games, so a confident, consistent team going into these fixtures is essential.

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

Team for cup game at Hull on 10:21 - Jan 4 with 4005 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Strongest available team. Time to stop chopping and changing. The only way to restore confidence and teamwork is to play our best team. We have a week to the next fixture so work on our defence this week, play our best team on Saturday, get another win, then prepare for Arsenal. The U23s have their own match on Tuesday against Wolves so our new manager can see what they play like plus he can play a couple of the first team squad if the rules allow it.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Team for cup game at Hull on 12:44 - Jan 4 with 3883 viewsnierika

Really dont care about the result but I hope Paul tells them to look around because the next time we visit, we are leaving with 3 points END OF.
Team for cup game at Hull on 13:47 - Jan 4 with 3820 viewsKerouac

I'd go with (in a formation Clement is more likely to pick than 3-52);

-------------------------- Fabianski ----------------------------
--------------- Fernandez ------ Mawson ------------------
Naughton ------------------------------------------ Kingsley
--------------------- Fulton ----- Leon -----------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------
----- Dyer ---------------- Routs --------------- Barrow ---
----------------------------- Borja ------------------------------

Subs; Van der Hoorn, Rangel, Ki, Fer, D. James/Gorre, McBurnie, Llorente.

I'd bring Ki and Fer on if we go ahead and ideally 1 youngster

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Login to get fewer ads

Team for cup game at Hull on 14:00 - Jan 4 with 3799 viewskarnataka

Normally I'd say put a load of 23s in but this game coming now is a bit of a bonus for PC as it's the only opportunity he's going to get for him to experiment to a degree. He can pick and prepare HIS strongest team as if it was a league game and see how it performs without the added pressure of it being a must win game. If we win, great, if we don't, no big deal, but he will surely learn a lot irrespective of the result.
Team for cup game at Hull on 14:00 - Jan 4 with 3795 viewsSwan91

here is my team:

----------------Nordvelt-----------
Rangel------FF-------Mawson------Kingsley
---------Britton---------Fulton
Barrow-----------Ki---------------Routledge
----------------Baston----------

Subs: Fab, VDH, Naughton, Fer, Dyer(or Kenji Gorre if available), Gylfi, Llorente

I wouldn't change the team too much. We should keep the defence pair the same to work on their partnership. Would give Gylfi a bit of a break and see if Ki can put in another good shift as AM. Maybe Clement could bring out some confidence in Barrow, I think he has great potential and skill when he is playing well.

Would also like to see Baston have a proper run out, if the team has confidence then they should be able to give him service, also if we are looking good, bring on fer to help make some of those cool passes (like rangel goal).
Team for cup game at Hull on 14:13 - Jan 4 with 3764 viewspencoedjack

Team for cup game at Hull on 14:00 - Jan 4 by Swan91

here is my team:

----------------Nordvelt-----------
Rangel------FF-------Mawson------Kingsley
---------Britton---------Fulton
Barrow-----------Ki---------------Routledge
----------------Baston----------

Subs: Fab, VDH, Naughton, Fer, Dyer(or Kenji Gorre if available), Gylfi, Llorente

I wouldn't change the team too much. We should keep the defence pair the same to work on their partnership. Would give Gylfi a bit of a break and see if Ki can put in another good shift as AM. Maybe Clement could bring out some confidence in Barrow, I think he has great potential and skill when he is playing well.

Would also like to see Baston have a proper run out, if the team has confidence then they should be able to give him service, also if we are looking good, bring on fer to help make some of those cool passes (like rangel goal).

Id give Gylfi some time off this week and tell not to travel to Hull.

Awaits he's a pro footballer and should be able to play 90 mins a few times a week.
Team for cup game at Hull on 14:18 - Jan 4 with 3756 viewsjasper_T

Gylfi would benefit from a rest.

Llorente shouldn't start as his legs haven't got an hour in them even in ideal circumstances.
Team for cup game at Hull on 14:22 - Jan 4 with 3747 views34dfgdf54

Gylfi definitely needs a break, rest him up.

I'd also play Borja, give him 90 up front and see what happens. Never know what could happen with his confidence if he gets a few goals.

Would also like to see James given a run on the wing, Routs to his credit worked his socks off yesterday and deserves a break.
Team for cup game at Hull on 16:12 - Jan 4 with 3665 viewsbritferry

Team for cup game at Hull on 08:49 - Jan 4 by blackswan

Strongest side gives Paul the chance to see what's needed and a result would be good for confidence

My thoughts exactly

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Team for cup game at Hull on 16:16 - Jan 4 with 3653 viewsTheKirkyLife

This isn't a midweek game, we have a week after this to prepare for Arsenal. That said I would want to give some fringe players a chance.

Nordfelt

Naughton, Fernandez, Mawson, Kingsley

Fulton, Ki, Cork

Dyer, Borja, Gorre

SUBS: Birighitti, Rangel, VDH, Britton, Gylfi, Barrow, McBurnie
Team for cup game at Hull on 16:22 - Jan 4 with 3641 viewsharryhpalmer

Team for cup game at Hull on 14:22 - Jan 4 by 34dfgdf54

Gylfi definitely needs a break, rest him up.

I'd also play Borja, give him 90 up front and see what happens. Never know what could happen with his confidence if he gets a few goals.

Would also like to see James given a run on the wing, Routs to his credit worked his socks off yesterday and deserves a break.

yep there are a few that need a rest.

I'd consider Naughton getting a breather as he has played a lot of games in a short period - but his form the last 2 games have been excellent.

Siggy definitely needs a rest and let's see Fer in that role.

Leon can also come back in, alongside Ki, depending how knackered he is, as he is only just back from injury.

Routs also needs a break. Lots of games, plus illness. Nathan gets the nod.

Taylor like Naughton and Routs.

Llorente needs a rest, so Borja in.

Love to see Dan James in the squad.

Keep CBs the same.

Poll: Who do you want as next Manager?

Team for cup game at Hull on 17:41 - Jan 4 with 3563 viewsSwaneeRiver

Definetly strongest team.
First opportunity for Clement to pick his own side, tell them how he wants them to play and build some confidence in a competitive match where he can experiment slightly and the performance and confidence building is far more important than the result, although both should go hand in hand
Team for cup game at Hull on 17:46 - Jan 4 with 3547 viewsharryhpalmer

Team for cup game at Hull on 17:41 - Jan 4 by SwaneeRiver

Definetly strongest team.
First opportunity for Clement to pick his own side, tell them how he wants them to play and build some confidence in a competitive match where he can experiment slightly and the performance and confidence building is far more important than the result, although both should go hand in hand

some players need a rest.

Llorente and Siggy being the two obvious ones that played all 3 games and ran their socks off.

Time for Baston and Fer to play in their proper positions.

Poll: Who do you want as next Manager?

Team for cup game at Hull on 17:50 - Jan 4 with 3535 viewsSwaneeRiver

Team for cup game at Hull on 17:46 - Jan 4 by harryhpalmer

some players need a rest.

Llorente and Siggy being the two obvious ones that played all 3 games and ran their socks off.

Time for Baston and Fer to play in their proper positions.

Agree with that, as I don't feel the team would be weakened.
I would also say Fabianski could do with a rest, but I think if he can keep a clean sheet on Saturday it would boost his confidence
Team for cup game at Hull on 17:52 - Jan 4 with 3529 viewsmonmouth

Yesterday's team, except:

Nordfelt for Fabianski
Kingsley for the lump of shit we had at left back
Fer for Ki
Dyer for Sigurdsson
Baston for Llorente, if he's staying.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Team for cup game at Hull on 20:54 - Jan 4 with 3393 viewsDracan66

For Hull I'd go with:-

......................Fab.................

Naughton...FF....Mawson.......Kingsley

Routledge....Ki.....Leon B....... Barrow

.....................Borja....................

....................Lorente..................
Team for cup game at Hull on 21:03 - Jan 4 with 3357 viewsOldjack

i expect Hull will have an eye on their LC semi next Tuesday ,so a well weakened team that we should brush aside with the right mindset and players

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Team for cup game at Hull on 21:27 - Jan 4 with 3316 viewsKGriz16

Borja definitely needs to be playing in this. I would expect a mixture of names on the first eleven.
Team for cup game at Hull on 21:32 - Jan 4 with 3311 viewsmax936

Team for cup game at Hull on 14:00 - Jan 4 by karnataka

Normally I'd say put a load of 23s in but this game coming now is a bit of a bonus for PC as it's the only opportunity he's going to get for him to experiment to a degree. He can pick and prepare HIS strongest team as if it was a league game and see how it performs without the added pressure of it being a must win game. If we win, great, if we don't, no big deal, but he will surely learn a lot irrespective of the result.

Correct its an ideal time for him to put his mark on the team over the next day or so and then put his first team [fitness permitting] out on the field, its a free game [no pts at stake]for him really so why not.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Team for cup game at Hull on 05:44 - Jan 5 with 3196 viewsphact0rri

Yeah I say pick a starting XI that will find themselves regular. If Hull put out a weak side, all the better. As we should be viewing matches like this, as a way to build confidence in such a trying period of form.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024