Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Perfect timing 11:39 - Jan 4 with 1513 viewsBenJ94

after a great result last night, I think it's perfect timing to have a break from league football with a trip to Hull in the FA cup on Saturday afternoon, this will give PC time to get to know the squad maybe even add to it and try his own thing at the weekend, a win would be nice but I along with most of you id presume wouldn't be devastated with a loss. So do we go there and put out a similar line up to last night and keep momentum going or do we go and play the u-23s and a couple first team players?

Also regarding transfers, I've not really seen anyone linked with us, probably down to change of manager but strong links of Holger Badstuber coming in, which would be a magnificent signing.
Perfect timing on 11:43 - Jan 4 with 1488 viewssherpajacob

Let's actually try and win the FA cup.

Go to Hull and play them off the park, get the winning habit going.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Perfect timing on 11:47 - Jan 4 with 1459 viewsPegojack

Perfect timing on 11:43 - Jan 4 by sherpajacob

This.
Perfect timing on 11:49 - Jan 4 with 1442 viewsblueytheblue

Not just a case of getting the winning habit going for yourselves but also preventing competition at the bottom from gaining any momentum also.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Perfect timing on 11:57 - Jan 4 with 1389 viewsFireboy

This
Perfect timing on 11:57 - Jan 4 with 1388 viewsGriffting

Perfect timing to get some players in nice and early while we look in a much more attractive position than this time yesterday.

I think the cup game could be a good way of looking at some youngsters to see if they can actually contribute something to the first team. I think they deserve it with an excellent season so far. Obviously with a mix of first teamers in there as well.

Clement could see it as way of boosting confidence and play a full strength squad or see it as a way of looking at the players he's not seen yet.
Perfect timing on 11:57 - Jan 4 with 1383 viewsFireboy

Perfect timing on 11:49 - Jan 4 by blueytheblue

Not just a case of getting the winning habit going for yourselves but also preventing competition at the bottom from gaining any momentum also.

And this
Perfect timing on 12:04 - Jan 4 with 1322 viewsjack247

Perfect opportunity for him to try to work out his best eleven. The heavy fixture list eases a bit now and he needs to know the spine of his team at the very least. Not overly bothered about the FA cup this year, but I doubt he will waste this chance to assess and shape his team.

Would be different if it wasn't a new manager taking charge. Hull will be in the same boat if they replace Phelan in time
Perfect timing on 12:31 - Jan 4 with 1251 viewsjacktar

I'm not sure Hull will play their strongest team, with an EFL Cup semi final next Tuesday against Man U. I can't see them wanting both cups going on whilst fighting for league survival.
Good chance for us to get to round 4, therefore I'd go with a strong team with a full week to recover before the Arsenal game.

We shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush you know!

Login to get fewer ads

Perfect timing on 12:32 - Jan 4 with 1239 viewsherbie

Perfect timing on 12:04 - Jan 4 by jack247

Perfect opportunity for him to try to work out his best eleven. The heavy fixture list eases a bit now and he needs to know the spine of his team at the very least. Not overly bothered about the FA cup this year, but I doubt he will waste this chance to assess and shape his team.

Would be different if it wasn't a new manager taking charge. Hull will be in the same boat if they replace Phelan in time

Give some a rest (e.g. Gylfi) but play a strong line up. Great opportunity to try Daniel James and one of the 2 young centre backs in the under 23s.
Perfect timing on 12:36 - Jan 4 with 1208 viewsnantywatcher

I think the only absolute must is to retain FF and Alfie as a partnership, in this match and in training sessions, they can only get better the longer they work together. Don't disrupt that potential.
Perfect timing on 12:37 - Jan 4 with 1198 viewswestwalesed

I'd be playing my best 11 and try to get a run going. Perfect game for Clement to try and impose his style on the team, it's a freebee really.

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

Perfect timing on 12:43 - Jan 4 with 1159 viewsbuilthjack

Don't forget the U23s have a big game next week.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Perfect timing on 12:46 - Jan 4 with 1137 viewsmax936

Badstuper ain't gonna happen, he's a first teamer at Bayern and the German Team, he's not gonna leave that for us.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Perfect timing on 12:47 - Jan 4 with 1133 viewsjack247

Perfect timing on 12:32 - Jan 4 by herbie

Give some a rest (e.g. Gylfi) but play a strong line up. Great opportunity to try Daniel James and one of the 2 young centre backs in the under 23s.

I wouldn't. Under normal circumstances yes, but given it's his first game and his only chance to assess the squad before Arsenal, I'd be trying to work out which players make the most effective combinations. I would definitely include Gylfi in that. Maybe even see if it is possible to play him and Fer without detracting from each other's game.

I'd certainly try Fernandez and Mawson again too. Aside from the odd slip and the comedy effort from Fed for the Benteke penalty incident, I thought they looked a solid partnership
Perfect timing on 13:03 - Jan 4 with 1081 viewsGlyn1

Perfect timing on 12:32 - Jan 4 by herbie

I completely agree about Gylfi but we need to get a settled duo of centre backs, so let's stick with Fernandez (I can't believe I just said that) and Alfie.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2017 13:06]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Perfect timing on 13:12 - Jan 4 with 996 viewsWhiterockin

Are there 3 points up for grab on Saturday?
Perfect timing on 14:15 - Jan 4 with 873 viewsLord_Bony

No.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Perfect timing on 14:32 - Jan 4 with 839 viewsWhiterockin

Perfect timing on 14:15 - Jan 4 by Lord_Bony

No.

Where did your post disappear to.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2017 14:33]
Perfect timing on 15:13 - Jan 4 with 742 viewsjack247

Perfect timing on 14:32 - Jan 4 by Whiterockin

Where did your post disappear to.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2017 14:33]

Did he delete his own post saying we need to get 3 points at Hull?
Perfect timing on 15:20 - Jan 4 with 709 viewsEasternJack

Chuckling at the idea of us discussing a weakened team selection.

Thought we'd been doing that all season

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Perfect timing on 15:34 - Jan 4 with 636 viewsWhiterockin

Perfect timing on 15:13 - Jan 4 by jack247

Did he delete his own post saying we need to get 3 points at Hull?

You read it as well. Perks of being a mod, cock up an rub it out.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024