Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rudi Gestede bought by Boro for @£6M 22:41 - Jan 4 with 4184 viewsmysonsarejacks

Discuss

Poll: John Terry transfer ?

Rudi Gestede bought by Boro for @£6M on 22:43 - Jan 4 with 3596 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Does not add much to Boro apart from back up.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Rudi Gestede bought by Boro for @£6M on 22:44 - Jan 4 with 3587 viewsmonmouth

Shit player.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Rudi Gestede bought by Boro for @£6M on 22:46 - Jan 4 with 3569 viewscostalotta

Phew! Thank god for that, it means now we won't buy him!
Rudi Gestede bought by Boro for @£6M on 22:47 - Jan 4 with 3556 viewsraynor94

What's there to discuss

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Rudi Gestede bought by Boro for @£6M on 22:50 - Jan 4 with 3535 viewsbuilthjack

Borough are spending

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Rudi Gestede bought by Boro for @£6M on 22:52 - Jan 4 with 3514 viewsmysonsarejacks

Rudi Gestede bought by Boro for @£6M on 22:47 - Jan 4 by raynor94

What's there to discuss

Well for me the question is "Why!!!??????".

If you had £6M would YOU spend it on Rudi Guestede?

Poll: John Terry transfer ?

Rudi Gestede bought by Boro for @£6M on 22:52 - Jan 4 with 3513 viewsItchySphincter

Rudi Gestede bought by Boro for @£6M on 22:47 - Jan 4 by raynor94

What's there to discuss

The great news that a Boro have just confirmed that they are a regulation rival by signing a sh!t striker?

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Rudi Gestede bought by Boro for @£6M on 23:00 - Jan 4 with 3457 viewsraynor94

Rudi Gestede bought by Boro for @£6M on 22:52 - Jan 4 by mysonsarejacks

Well for me the question is "Why!!!??????".

If you had £6M would YOU spend it on Rudi Guestede?

Exactly why, it's confused me

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Login to get fewer ads

Rudi Gestede bought by Boro for @£6M on 23:26 - Jan 4 with 3346 viewsblueytheblue

I always liked Rudy. Mackay bombing him out like that was utterly stupid.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Rudi Gestede bought by Boro for @£6M on 23:37 - Jan 4 with 3297 viewsAngelRangelQS

28 years old, two good seasons in his entire career.

He's probably a decent enough back up but I'd be quite disappointed if we'd signed him.
Rudi Gestede bought by Boro for @£6M on 23:39 - Jan 4 with 3290 viewsFireboy

As uncle Peter would say

Donkey

Woof bah

Engowow
Rudi Gestede bought by Boro for @£6M on 06:36 - Jan 5 with 3067 viewsCooperman

Rudi Gestede bought by Boro for @£6M on 22:46 - Jan 4 by costalotta

Phew! Thank god for that, it means now we won't buy him!

I thought the same. One less for us to worry about.

Crazy signing IMO. The gaffer up there doesn't like the look of Jordan Rhodes it seems.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Rudi Gestede bought by Boro for @£6M on 06:44 - Jan 5 with 3055 viewsDr_Winston

Makes Taylor worth about £20m at current prices.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Rudi Gestede bought by Boro for @£6M on 07:03 - Jan 5 with 3017 viewsSwansNZ

Rudi Gestede bought by Boro for @£6M on 06:44 - Jan 5 by Dr_Winston

Makes Taylor worth about £20m at current prices.

Think you slipped in an 'm' by mistake there

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Rudi Gestede bought by Boro for @£6M on 07:36 - Jan 5 with 2938 viewsdickythorpe

Typical January panic buy
Rudi Gestede bought by Boro for @£6M on 07:43 - Jan 5 with 2923 viewsmonmouth

Rudi Gestede bought by Boro for @£6M on 06:36 - Jan 5 by Cooperman

I thought the same. One less for us to worry about.

Crazy signing IMO. The gaffer up there doesn't like the look of Jordan Rhodes it seems.

Let's hope we don't go buying the cart horse Rhodes.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Rudi Gestede bought by Boro for @£6M on 08:31 - Jan 5 with 2849 viewsCooperman

Rudi Gestede bought by Boro for @£6M on 07:43 - Jan 5 by monmouth

Let's hope we don't go buying the cart horse Rhodes.

Aye, I was by no means advocating that we go after him.

It's clear that Premier League managers don't like the look of him as he never made the move in his earlier years.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Rudi Gestede bought by Boro for @£6M on 15:29 - Jan 5 with 2565 viewssP7qupUf

I think that we, and HJ in particular, has to be mindful of is the increase in the cost of players in general since the massive TV deal. This is the world we are now in. Mid table PL sides are bidding 15-20 million on a regular basis in an attempt to improve their squad. If old Rudy is a £6, 000, 00 player in today's market we cannot say that he is not worth it. That's the market value as a consequence of inflation brought on by the TV deal. In short, it's the real world of the Premier League. If we are serious in wanting to remain in the Premier League we have to improve the playing squad dramatically and pay realistic prices which reflect the reality of today's market. HJ cannot get by on £2, 000, 000 centre backs as you get Amat and Mikey boy for that figure.

Before we have the chorus of getting into financial difficulty think of what remaining in the Premier League will bring end each year and how much we will lose by not being there. Speculate to accumulate is the way to go in my opinion.
Rudi Gestede bought by Boro for @£6M on 15:38 - Jan 5 with 2524 viewspencoedjack

Sold by Basseys for 200k about his worth
Rudi Gestede bought by Boro for @£6M on 15:41 - Jan 5 with 2517 viewsblueytheblue

Rudi Gestede bought by Boro for @£6M on 15:38 - Jan 5 by pencoedjack

Sold by Basseys for 200k about his worth

Nah, not having that one bit.

When we got him, he was pretty raw - took a lot of time to get used to the pace of British football, bit like Zohore at the moment for us.

Mackay started by giving him sub appearances then froze him out completely. Loaned him out to Blackburn with permanent fee agreed - another of his transfer mistakes imo.

He's shown that with the right service he can be a handful and score goals. £6m for that in the Prem is almost a bargain. Has far more workrate than Rhodes anyway...

Rudi Gestede bought by Boro for @£6M on 15:45 - Jan 5 with 2493 viewsNeath_Jack

£6m is nothing for a striker who scores goals in this league.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Rudi Gestede bought by Boro for @£6M on 15:48 - Jan 5 with 2475 viewspencoedjack

Rudi Gestede bought by Boro for @£6M on 15:41 - Jan 5 by blueytheblue

Nah, not having that one bit.

When we got him, he was pretty raw - took a lot of time to get used to the pace of British football, bit like Zohore at the moment for us.

Mackay started by giving him sub appearances then froze him out completely. Loaned him out to Blackburn with permanent fee agreed - another of his transfer mistakes imo.

He's shown that with the right service he can be a handful and score goals. £6m for that in the Prem is almost a bargain. Has far more workrate than Rhodes anyway...

I don't really care what you think

But on this occasion

Makes it even better that you sold him for 200k and he's worth 6 million
Rudi Gestede bought by Boro for @£6M on 15:54 - Jan 5 with 2450 viewsblueytheblue

Rudi Gestede bought by Boro for @£6M on 15:48 - Jan 5 by pencoedjack

I don't really care what you think

But on this occasion

Makes it even better that you sold him for 200k and he's worth 6 million

Well, I didn't but ho hum.

Rudi Gestede bought by Boro for @£6M on 17:30 - Jan 5 with 2348 viewsDr_Winston

Rudi Gestede bought by Boro for @£6M on 15:29 - Jan 5 by sP7qupUf

I think that we, and HJ in particular, has to be mindful of is the increase in the cost of players in general since the massive TV deal. This is the world we are now in. Mid table PL sides are bidding 15-20 million on a regular basis in an attempt to improve their squad. If old Rudy is a £6, 000, 00 player in today's market we cannot say that he is not worth it. That's the market value as a consequence of inflation brought on by the TV deal. In short, it's the real world of the Premier League. If we are serious in wanting to remain in the Premier League we have to improve the playing squad dramatically and pay realistic prices which reflect the reality of today's market. HJ cannot get by on £2, 000, 000 centre backs as you get Amat and Mikey boy for that figure.

Before we have the chorus of getting into financial difficulty think of what remaining in the Premier League will bring end each year and how much we will lose by not being there. Speculate to accumulate is the way to go in my opinion.

Last season Leicester nailed the "you have to spend to compete" belief. Until we foolishly started doing things differently we did it every season too.

To survive and thrive in the Premier League you don't need to spend the same idiotic millions on players as every other club does. You need a capable, experienced manager working to an established style alongside competent coaches. You also need a well run and resourced scouting system out there looking for players who fit it. There's plenty of value out there without feeling the need to spend £12m on Championship fullbacks.

Where we've gone wrong is in abandoning that established system, hiring unsuitable managers and coaches to run it and putting all our recruitment in the hands of a couple of assclowns.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Rudi Gestede bought by Boro for @£6M on 17:34 - Jan 5 with 2331 viewsblueytheblue

Rudi Gestede bought by Boro for @£6M on 17:30 - Jan 5 by Dr_Winston

Last season Leicester nailed the "you have to spend to compete" belief. Until we foolishly started doing things differently we did it every season too.

To survive and thrive in the Premier League you don't need to spend the same idiotic millions on players as every other club does. You need a capable, experienced manager working to an established style alongside competent coaches. You also need a well run and resourced scouting system out there looking for players who fit it. There's plenty of value out there without feeling the need to spend £12m on Championship fullbacks.

Where we've gone wrong is in abandoning that established system, hiring unsuitable managers and coaches to run it and putting all our recruitment in the hands of a couple of assclowns.

Well, being fair Leicester's tactic of "keeping Vardy after his racism having canned yoof players for theirs, have Vardy dive for soft penalties, have luck from refereeing decisions all year round and capitalise on the bigger teams all having poorish seasons along with having interesting finances to get round FFP" hasn't really been replicated this season, tbf.

To survive and thrive, I'd agree with you though you'd need to define thrive - if you meant regular mid table finishes, I'd agree. Leicester's title win is just a statistical outlier. Where they are now is a better reflection of their ability.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024