Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lack of urgency from above 22:02 - Jan 9 with 2491 viewsCroftyjack

I have to say that the lack of urgency from above has not changed one bit and it is the usual well run club that ponders over everything to the extent that it has damaged the whole fabric of the club...Oh and I should have said the once or even we were told we were well run!!!!!!!!!!!
Throwing away 11 games under the abortion of management that was BB and now about to approach our 3rd game in January without strengthening the pitiful squad we have at our disposal...The usual its difficult in January or players cost more has worn thin with me now.
Unfortunately if we do spark some sort of revival I feel it will all be a bit too late due to the factors above...Criminal and painful to see.
Lack of urgency from above on 22:05 - Jan 9 with 2160 viewsBanosswan

There hasn't really been a rush of signings anywhere so far.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Lack of urgency from above on 22:11 - Jan 9 with 2101 viewspencoedjack

Lack of urgency from above on 22:05 - Jan 9 by Banosswan

There hasn't really been a rush of signings anywhere so far.

There is only 1 PL team whose need is greater than ours & they beat us Saturday

Excellent post by OP
Lack of urgency from above on 22:16 - Jan 9 with 2065 viewsBanosswan

Lack of urgency from above on 22:11 - Jan 9 by pencoedjack

There is only 1 PL team whose need is greater than ours & they beat us Saturday

Excellent post by OP

Who've they signed then?

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.

Lack of urgency from above on 22:16 - Jan 9 with 2064 viewsAussieSwan

you've hit the nail on the head, Crofty.

A slow start was expected as it took a few days to announce Clement, but that was nearly a week ago so I was expecting more by now.

Poll: If we're going to sign another defender...

Lack of urgency from above on 22:19 - Jan 9 with 2021 viewsSwans_16

I'd rather us take a little more time and get the signings in that we need ! Rushing is no good against anyone. Clem needs a good amount of time to assess the current crop (we all know the score) and then invest where he sees fit.

Invest wrongly and we're going down.
Invest correctly with a little more thought and maybe, just maybe we can stay up.
Lack of urgency from above on 22:24 - Jan 9 with 1990 viewsswan65split

Lack of urgency from above on 22:19 - Jan 9 by Swans_16

I'd rather us take a little more time and get the signings in that we need ! Rushing is no good against anyone. Clem needs a good amount of time to assess the current crop (we all know the score) and then invest where he sees fit.

Invest wrongly and we're going down.
Invest correctly with a little more thought and maybe, just maybe we can stay up.

I think you will find we are running out of time, and winnable, or productive games.
Lack of urgency from above on 22:25 - Jan 9 with 1979 viewsSwans_16

Well time within reason of course. I'd expect signings after the Arsenal game and before the next.
Lack of urgency from above on 22:46 - Jan 9 with 1912 viewsmax936

Lack of urgency from above on 22:25 - Jan 9 by Swans_16

Well time within reason of course. I'd expect signings after the Arsenal game and before the next.

We need two in this week, probably not for the Arse game, but to get them acclimatised and "jellying" with the players already at the club the longer they've got before the winnable games the better ideally tomorrow then maybe at one could make an appearance Saturday, IMO.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2017 22:48]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Login to get fewer ads

Lack of urgency from above on 22:47 - Jan 9 with 1902 viewsCroftyjack

Reading other posts you can feel even us fans are giving up!!!

* Rather get the right players....we should have a database of players for every single position and a number of targets at that...inc long term, short term and loan players!!
I mean we are premier league for gods sake.

* Other clubs aren't signing, totally irrelevant as we URGENTLY require patching up.

* Who will want to come here?? We are still in premier league with high wages and the chance to be in the shop window of the league can make you rich even if you are dog average!
Lack of urgency from above on 22:51 - Jan 9 with 1874 viewsGowerjack

Looking to sell a player or two 1st so that we can reinvest part of the proceeds.

Same as it ever was.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Lack of urgency from above on 22:58 - Jan 9 with 1830 viewsmax936

Lack of urgency from above on 22:51 - Jan 9 by Gowerjack

Looking to sell a player or two 1st so that we can reinvest part of the proceeds.

Same as it ever was.

That is probably the right answer, then we'll get someone in from Port Vale for an undisclosed fee giving the greedy tw@ts a chance to ferret more money away to Marbella.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Lack of urgency from above on 23:00 - Jan 9 with 1822 viewspembsjack

I fear a typical Huw Jenkins transfer window ahead. Lots of names linked, none of who we are able to get over the line. Finished with a desperate uninspiring late signing. This is a massive transfer window for us, was hoping the Americans took it out of jenkins hands and leave it upto someone who knows the game and how to negoitate.
Lack of urgency from above on 23:15 - Jan 9 with 1747 viewsBorojack

Lack of urgency from above on 23:00 - Jan 9 by pembsjack

I fear a typical Huw Jenkins transfer window ahead. Lots of names linked, none of who we are able to get over the line. Finished with a desperate uninspiring late signing. This is a massive transfer window for us, was hoping the Americans took it out of jenkins hands and leave it upto someone who knows the game and how to negoitate.

Nothing much happens early in the window players and agents all holding back for the best deal.
A dithering Jenkins doesn't help though I am amazed the Yanks still trust him.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Lack of urgency from above on 23:16 - Jan 9 with 1746 viewsBanosswan

Lack of urgency from above on 22:47 - Jan 9 by Croftyjack

* Rather get the right players....we should have a database of players for every single position and a number of targets at that...inc long term, short term and loan players!!

* Other clubs aren't signing, totally irrelevant as we URGENTLY require patching up.

* Who will want to come here?? We are still in premier league with high wages and the chance to be in the shop window of the league can make you rich even if you are dog average!

Other clubs not buying isn't irrelevant as it shows it's a seller's market. People are making the mistake in thinking it's only the teams at the bottom who will be strengthening, the top teams will be looking to spend hundreds of millions ffs.

Clubs at the bottom have to pick the dregs that the top clubs leave us, fact.

Having said that, if we haven't made positive moves In the next two weeks then it's an absolute pss take.

Lack of urgency from above on 00:12 - Jan 10 with 1613 viewsswancity

Good post. The Club is drifting without proper guidance. It's an accident waiting to happen. It's a ship without a rudder. Appalling. And what's being done about it? Almost nothing that's what. Almost plucking nothing.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Lack of urgency from above on 07:24 - Jan 10 with 1474 viewsDr_Winston

Lack of urgency from above on 22:47 - Jan 9 by Croftyjack

Always been the same. Transfer window opens, Jenkins either drags his heels or goes on f*cking holiday.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Lack of urgency from above on 07:34 - Jan 10 with 1439 viewsMurph75

We'll sell Gylfi and allow Llorente to go and will replace them with 2 hot prospects from Oldham and Rochdale.

Season saved. Well done Huwbert.
Lack of urgency from above on 07:41 - Jan 10 with 1418 viewsHeadmaster

We need at least four players. It's not going to happen though. We've allowed ourselves to settle for mediocrity and this is the result - lumbering about in the worst of the two transfer windows. Take a bow, Mr. Jenkins.
Lack of urgency from above on 07:44 - Jan 10 with 1401 viewsMurph75

Lack of urgency from above on 07:41 - Jan 10 by Headmaster

We need at least four players. It's not going to happen though. We've allowed ourselves to settle for mediocrity and this is the result - lumbering about in the worst of the two transfer windows. Take a bow, Mr. Jenkins.

You've done Huwbert a dis service there. This is the great work of the past 3 years. If only he could turn the game off and start again.
Lack of urgency from above on 07:49 - Jan 10 with 1387 viewsHeadmaster

Lack of urgency from above on 07:44 - Jan 10 by Murph75

You've done Huwbert a dis service there. This is the great work of the past 3 years. If only he could turn the game off and start again.

Amazing isn't it?

"There might have been one or two decisions we could have taken in the summer that may have changed the feel around the club. We may have gone down one or two different routes, may have recruited a few players differently. But we are where we are."

"We are still a Premier League club and it's up to us to bring in one or two players in January."

- Sir Huwbert, December 2016

Never let it go. Always hold power accountable.
Lack of urgency from above on 09:04 - Jan 10 with 1264 viewsLeonWasGod

Only 7 clubs have bought anyone in yet, and one of those (Hull) was for a player who was already with them on loan. So 6 clubs have made new signings. Given where we were at the start of the window sacking Boob and the new gaffer coming in I'm not surprised we haven't moved yet.

Yes, Boob's time with us was a massive f*ck-up by the Americans that may well cost us our PL place.
Lack of urgency from above on 09:25 - Jan 10 with 1211 viewsjohnlangy

Lack of urgency from above on 09:04 - Jan 10 by LeonWasGod

Only 7 clubs have bought anyone in yet, and one of those (Hull) was for a player who was already with them on loan. So 6 clubs have made new signings. Given where we were at the start of the window sacking Boob and the new gaffer coming in I'm not surprised we haven't moved yet.

Yes, Boob's time with us was a massive f*ck-up by the Americans that may well cost us our PL place.

You're right. PC has had 3 days now since he got to see the rest of the players he needed to assess (assess in a proper competitive game not in training). If he IS going to spend a decent amount of money in fees and contracts time is needed to do it right.

Three days isn't enough. If nothing's changed in 7/10 days time then we'll have a problem.
Lack of urgency from above on 09:28 - Jan 10 with 1196 viewsNOTRAC

I thought Paul Clement had loan player connections.If he has the sooner they are brought in the better.
At the moment it is another Huw Jenkins show.

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

Lack of urgency from above on 09:28 - Jan 10 with 1192 viewsLoyal

Lack of urgency from above on 09:25 - Jan 10 by johnlangy

You're right. PC has had 3 days now since he got to see the rest of the players he needed to assess (assess in a proper competitive game not in training). If he IS going to spend a decent amount of money in fees and contracts time is needed to do it right.

Three days isn't enough. If nothing's changed in 7/10 days time then we'll have a problem.

He doesn't need to assess players he already knows who are not at the club.
This is a nonsense excuse, the club needs new players in and we have done nothing.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2017 9:30]

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Lack of urgency from above on 09:31 - Jan 10 with 1171 viewspembsjack

Don't think it really matters what PC thinks we need. If we are going by the last few transfer windows and managers, it's up to huw. Unless things have changed with PC
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024