Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Per Mertesacker 12:31 - Jan 11 with 2941 viewsAussieSwan

Apparently Wenger is looking to loan him out. It's a huge yes from me.

Admittedly he is slow but brings great aerial presence, leadership, and a solid unit at the back. Very very good quality player in his day and has achieved a lot during his career.

I'm all in for this one.

Poll: If we're going to sign another defender...

Per Mertesacker on 15:41 - Jan 11 with 2789 viewskarnataka

Never rated him all that much overall tbh but would be a massive upgrade on what we've got which says it all really.
Per Mertesacker on 16:10 - Jan 11 with 2719 viewsyescomeon

Would prefer a loan for him than a loan for Sakho. Could teach our younger centre backs a lot, whilst also improving our defence.

Upthecity!

Per Mertesacker on 17:36 - Jan 11 with 2565 viewsAussieSwan

Per Mertesacker on 15:41 - Jan 11 by karnataka

Never rated him all that much overall tbh but would be a massive upgrade on what we've got which says it all really.

get him and Caceres in without spending anything on transfer fees and suddenly we've got a pretty solid CB pair

Would be great for Mawson to learn off

Per Mertesacker on 17:40 - Jan 11 with 2549 viewsraynor94

Per Mertesacker on 17:36 - Jan 11 by AussieSwan

get him and Caceres in without spending anything on transfer fees and suddenly we've got a pretty solid CB pair

Would be great for Mawson to learn off

How much do you honestly expect these two would command in wages? and how many games have the pair managed this season?

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Per Mertesacker on 17:44 - Jan 11 with 2512 viewsJackfath

Per Mertesacker on 17:40 - Jan 11 by raynor94

How much do you honestly expect these two would command in wages? and how many games have the pair managed this season?

I reckon wages would be well over £100k a week but am unsure about how many games they've played this season I am sorry to say.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Per Mertesacker on 17:47 - Jan 11 with 2493 viewsAussieSwan

Per Mertesacker on 17:40 - Jan 11 by raynor94

Yes they'd be rusty but if you eased them in like Eddie Howe has eased in Jack Wilshere at Bournemouth I think it could work well.

Caceres wouldn't be in a position of power to demand too much otherwise he would have been snatched up by now.

As for Mertesacker - well we could strike a deal with Arsenal to maybe help them pay part of his wages.

Might have to get rid of a centre back first though. Fernandez might go if the links to Spain are true

Per Mertesacker on 17:51 - Jan 11 with 2461 viewsAngelRangelQS

Per Mertesacker on 17:47 - Jan 11 by AussieSwan

Yes they'd be rusty but if you eased them in like Eddie Howe has eased in Jack Wilshere at Bournemouth I think it could work well.

Caceres wouldn't be in a position of power to demand too much otherwise he would have been snatched up by now.

As for Mertesacker - well we could strike a deal with Arsenal to maybe help them pay part of his wages.

Might have to get rid of a centre back first though. Fernandez might go if the links to Spain are true

Do we have time to "ease" players in?
Per Mertesacker on 17:57 - Jan 11 with 2425 viewsAussieSwan

Per Mertesacker on 17:51 - Jan 11 by AngelRangelQS

Do we have time to "ease" players in?

You're right, time is not on our side. I think Mertesacker would be good to go though.

Login to get fewer ads

Per Mertesacker on 18:00 - Jan 11 with 2388 viewsDracan66

Aussieswan is talking too much sense and a pairing like that could possibly save our season.....we can all dream, in saying that HJ has his head in the clouds most of the time !!!
Per Mertesacker on 18:09 - Jan 11 with 2352 viewsraynor94

Per Mertesacker on 17:47 - Jan 11 by AussieSwan

Ease them in? we are at the bottom of the league, and neither have kicked a ball in anger this season

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Per Mertesacker on 18:36 - Jan 11 with 2257 viewsBournedore

Big wages for 6 months doesn't matter. Not like we have these players on a 4 year deal. In fact we should be looking to pay the big wages plus a bonus for staying up.
Per Mertesacker on 18:45 - Jan 11 with 2199 viewsHubert

dont get excited, there's no legs in this - Arsenal have said they have no plans to send him out on loan
Per Mertesacker on 18:48 - Jan 11 with 2192 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Get Claude to ave a word with his mate John Terry before he f@cks off to Bournemouth

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Per Mertesacker on 18:57 - Jan 11 with 2155 viewsJango

Im sure if Caceras was in any fit state to be playing football he'd have signed for a bigger club than us by now.
Per Mertesacker on 19:25 - Jan 11 with 2044 viewsAussieSwan

Per Mertesacker on 18:57 - Jan 11 by Jango

Im sure if Caceras was in any fit state to be playing football he'd have signed for a bigger club than us by now.

apparently been fit since August. I'm as clueless as anyone else on here as to why he hasn't signed anywhere yet but I still believe he could do a job for us and that we should ask the question

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024