Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Whats become of proper Youth Football? 21:18 - Jan 12 with 1825 viewsbryanwadesquiff

Rumors about the Tom Carroll transfer and comments on this site (no fight for a relegation battle etc.) have made me wonder if academy football is the right platform for future players.
When i was a youngster playing for the Swans Cygnets sides at under 14 and 15 level we used to play in the Swansea league against teams who were a year above us. Trips to paradise park to play against West End were very daunting there would be a welcoming committee waiting for us players mates in tracky bottoms who would offer our manager out at every decision that went against them. As were our home games at the Ganges against everyone who wanted to kick the f##k out of us. (i blame our manager for making us warm up in the centre circle before every game dressed in highly polished boots and wearing Hummel kits and DP training jackets.)
My point is with all the Tiki-taka football academies around the country playing every week against other clubs of the same set-up are we taking away the Bottle and Heart of players which should be used if need be for a relegation fight?
Whats become of proper Youth Football? on 21:21 - Jan 12 with 1805 viewsAussieSwan

I think things like "fight", determination and grittiness are things that cannot be taught or coached into players. It's up to the players themselves to demonstrate those qualities

Poll: If we're going to sign another defender...

Whats become of proper Youth Football? on 21:44 - Jan 12 with 1741 viewsbryanwadesquiff

Takes me back...Me and a future Swans defender nicking a Hummel Jersey No.5 from the kit bag on the way back from a game in Tylorstown. And seeing his mate wearing it on the North Bank the next weekend. Never did go halves with me....
Whats become of proper Youth Football? on 22:09 - Jan 12 with 1689 viewsKilkennyjack

Thats not proper. Thats amateur bollox.

Beware of the Risen People

Whats become of proper Youth Football? on 22:17 - Jan 12 with 1665 viewsJackSkellington

Did you have jumpers for goalposts?
Whats become of proper Youth Football? on 22:20 - Jan 12 with 1657 viewsBanosswan

It's not the games, it's the whole arselicking culture and pandering to soft egos that's the issue.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Whats become of proper Youth Football? on 22:47 - Jan 13 with 1412 viewsbryanwadesquiff

Whats become of proper Youth Football? on 22:09 - Jan 12 by Kilkennyjack

Thats not proper. Thats amateur bollox.

Never played the game at a decent level then? Aww poor thing...
Whats become of proper Youth Football? on 09:23 - Jan 14 with 1352 viewsKilkennyjack

Whats become of proper Youth Football? on 22:47 - Jan 13 by bryanwadesquiff

Never played the game at a decent level then? Aww poor thing...

Ow feck look out, its Gareth fecking Bale.

You posted, i answered. You don't like it. Feck off.

Congratulations on playing for swansea schoolboys against north pembrokeshire or whatever. You must have been a hell of a player back in the day. Perhaps you even got off the bench for the last 10 mins. Cock.

Arrogant and ignorant. Are u short ?

Beware of the Risen People

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024