Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
All Quiet with Llorente 06:05 - Jan 13 with 2382 viewsSwaneeRiver

ATM looking good for him to still be with us tomorrow and could be that Chelsea are looking elsewhere.
Unless we get a better striker in, then hope he stays until the end of the season at least
All Quiet with Llorente on 06:17 - Jan 13 with 2371 viewsjack247

I think the summer could be the time to rebuild. Clement seems to have a clear idea of how he wants to play and Llorente just isn't suited to possession football. He is still going to grab you goals though and I think it would be madness to let him go now, unless we can get a crazy loan like Batshuayi in.
All Quiet with Llorente on 09:30 - Jan 13 with 2218 viewsTheResurrection

All Quiet with Llorente on 06:17 - Jan 13 by jack247

I think the summer could be the time to rebuild. Clement seems to have a clear idea of how he wants to play and Llorente just isn't suited to possession football. He is still going to grab you goals though and I think it would be madness to let him go now, unless we can get a crazy loan like Batshuayi in.

PSV fans say Narsingh isn't suited to a possession game. Out and out pace best used with a counter attacking style.

I'll be amazed if Llorente is still here by Feb 1st. I've actually come around to Ulloa, I think he'd put himself about more and would be better at holding the ball up and in the air.

There, I've said it....

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

All Quiet with Llorente on 10:07 - Jan 13 with 2141 viewsmissingmel

All Quiet with Llorente on 09:30 - Jan 13 by TheResurrection

PSV fans say Narsingh isn't suited to a possession game. Out and out pace best used with a counter attacking style.

I'll be amazed if Llorente is still here by Feb 1st. I've actually come around to Ulloa, I think he'd put himself about more and would be better at holding the ball up and in the air.

There, I've said it....

It's all well and good putting yourself about. Quality we are after and Ulloa isn't the answer!
All Quiet with Llorente on 11:05 - Jan 13 with 2082 viewsjack247

All Quiet with Llorente on 09:30 - Jan 13 by TheResurrection

There, I've said it....

Strange, as Clement seems very possession focussed. Hope he has had a big say in this transfer. We need our own way of playing, whether it is the style we had before or not. If we go down the pacy winger and big centre forward route, we will just find ourselves in a competition to spend more money and invest more wisely than the other relegation threatened teams. We will lose.
All Quiet with Llorente on 13:00 - Jan 13 with 1986 viewsJokeren1943

All Quiet with Llorente on 06:17 - Jan 13 by jack247

Llorente will do just fine if Swansea return to play possession football (again).

[Post edited 13 Jan 2017 13:01]
All Quiet with Llorente on 13:07 - Jan 13 with 1955 viewsjack247

All Quiet with Llorente on 13:00 - Jan 13 by Jokeren1943

Llorente will do just fine if Swansea return to play possession football (again).

[Post edited 13 Jan 2017 13:01]

He isn't mobile enough. Our only non mobile striker who got away with it was Bony. He compensated with his superb footwork and upper body strength.

Llorente is ideal for us at the moment though, especially if Narsingh can give him a bit more ammo. Certainly wouldn't want to lose him now.
All Quiet with Llorente on 13:13 - Jan 13 with 1940 viewsjack2jack

That's the worry bit, its too quiet, when everyone is running around with their hands in the air you know its all b***cks. Hope he stays in the short term anyway, think he's doing ok, and like has been said, if he gets people to feed him, he'll do ok for us.
All Quiet with Llorente on 13:28 - Jan 13 with 1911 viewsdickythorpe

Roman Abramovich must be skint if he's seriously all for Chelsea to get Llorente!
Login to get fewer ads

All Quiet with Llorente on 13:33 - Jan 13 with 1896 viewsBanosswan

All Quiet with Llorente on 13:28 - Jan 13 by dickythorpe

Roman Abramovich must be skint if he's seriously all for Chelsea to get Llorente!

Brand new stadium to fund

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

All Quiet with Llorente on 13:36 - Jan 13 with 1884 viewsJokeren1943

All Quiet with Llorente on 13:07 - Jan 13 by jack247

He isn't mobile enough. Our only non mobile striker who got away with it was Bony. He compensated with his superb footwork and upper body strength.

Llorente is ideal for us at the moment though, especially if Narsingh can give him a bit more ammo. Certainly wouldn't want to lose him now.

Llorente has played 25 internationale matchs on Spain nationale team who are renown for their possession style football.

I am not sure if speed as a striker in a possession style football is equal important then a style based on a defensive-counter. I don't think it is.

Do you think he will move on to another club this summer?
All Quiet with Llorente on 13:38 - Jan 13 with 1876 viewsjack247

All Quiet with Llorente on 13:28 - Jan 13 by dickythorpe

Llorente is pretty much the perfect player to come off the bench for 15 minutes and nick you a goal. As someone said the other day, we may well have wanted to use him like that, but so far Borja hasn't worked out
All Quiet with Llorente on 14:13 - Jan 13 with 1808 viewsLegend83

All Quiet with Llorente on 13:07 - Jan 13 by jack247

Tend to disagree - I think Llorente's touch and footwork is excellent and easily on a par with Bony's (who's footwork wasn't brilliant all the time).

Agreed he doesn't have the power or COG Bony had.

But I think we would all agree we have seen glimpses of what a good link-player he could be, which is what we need from our front-man in a possession-based game.
All Quiet with Llorente on 14:34 - Jan 13 with 1772 viewsjack247

All Quiet with Llorente on 14:13 - Jan 13 by Legend83

Tend to disagree - I think Llorente's touch and footwork is excellent and easily on a par with Bony's (who's footwork wasn't brilliant all the time).

Agreed he doesn't have the power or COG Bony had.

But I think we would all agree we have seen glimpses of what a good link-player he could be, which is what we need from our front-man in a possession-based game.

He controls and holds the ball up very well. What he hasn't shown yet is the quick feet and mind required to play those clever little flicks, backheels and pivots Bony had to play others through. He also isn't as good at digging the ball from under his feet and getting a shot away out of nothing.

This isn't a criticism of Llorente. Some aspects of his game are far better and he has had a hell of a career. I just think that was a big part of what enabled Bony to play that role so well without much pace or movement
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024