Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We're going to be relegated. 18:32 - Jan 14 with 17349 viewsMyFinalHeaven

I know the window is not yet over, but as it stands, it looks as though the only players we will bring in are Luciano Narsingh, Martin Olsson, and Tom Carroll. This is utterly and unreservedly not good enough, and frankly, I'm surprised as to how more of our supporters aren't outraged. How Mr. Jenkins thinks that this trio of players will be the solution to our problems is utterly mindboggling. But forget about the possibility that they may help us stay up. I'll say it right now: except for maybe Narsingh, none of these acquisitions will even improve our squad. Olsson and Carroll will hardly, if at all be an upgrade over what we currently have.

It's funny. You'd think with a club like us--with what we've gone through so far, with us in mortal danger of being relegated, and with us having made the beyond costly mistake of having invested nothing in the summer while other teams strengthened relentlessly--would finally wake the fvck up and realize that this January window was the last chance to correct all our wrongs. Instead, there is still the same exact idiocy, incompetence, and complete lack of urgency there was in the summer, and we continue to think that sticking to the usual plan of spending bit part money on bit part players will be the answer.

Incredible. Absolutely incredible. It's mind boggling really.

You've all heard how I feel about Olsson in another thread--as I said before, he's a guy who has yet to prove he is anywhere near good enough at this level and incredibly, he's been relegated 3 times in the 4 seasons he's been a starting left back in the Prem. No player in history has a worse record than that.

But the real puzzling one is Carroll.

Our squad has been SCREAMING for a defensive midfielder since Joe Allen left, but quite remarkably, he has still yet to be replaced. Since Joe left we have been without a midfield enforcer--the engine in the squad that does all the dirty work, acts as the link between the defence and the attack, and otherwise dictates play like a fine court composer. Whether it's Chelsea with Kante, Everton with Gana, West Ham with Kouyate, Spurs with Wanyama, Southampton with Romeu, Bournemouth with Arter, or Watford with Capoue, every decent squad has one whether they're in the top 4, sitting comfortably at midtable, or even lower midtable. The time for a physical, tough tackling, ball intercepting DM has never been more apparent than right now, and yet we've turned to Tom Carroll of all people. The most lightweight, easily shoved off the ball, and paper thin player of them all, one who has never ran a midfield and never will.

Okay, so he's not a DM, and he has alarmingly low tackle, interception, block, aerial duels won, and clearance numbers per appearance. But neither can you call him a creative centre midfielder or playmaker as so many of his defenders somehow have, as in this lad's entire career in League One, the Championship, and the Prem he has had just 5 league assists and 1 league goal to his name, while averaging just 0.6 chances created per game. Then what is he, what does he provide to the team, and what does he offer over Fulton, Ki, Cork and Britton?

Sadly, the answer is nothing. The rest of the football world can see that Tom Carroll is not good enough. I don't know why we can't.

But enough about Carroll. Let's get to the matter at hand. Our Premier League dream is over chaps. But you know what? I'm not even that bothered that Swansea City will no longer be in the top flight and that I will no longer be able to watch them play in the Premier League. What I'm really worried about is the people of this city. In 2013 a study determined that our Premier League status was worth £55.3m to our economy and helped to create or protect 340 jobs, with pretty much every industry and business having reported increased activity since our promotion ( http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-south-west-wales-20895147). No doubt these figures have risen 4 years on, but as our time in the Premier League comes to a close, the people of Swansea will lose much more than seeing their team in the PL. If there was any shred of decency left in that big nosed cvnt Jenkins, and if he cared an iota about these people, then he should resign immediately. By failing unequivocally to adequately perform his duties as chairman and do what was best for this club in his insatiable pursuit of personal wealth, he has ultimately failed all and everyone of this town as well. And that is what is most devastating.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2017 19:27]

Come on you Swans.

We're going to be relegated. on 18:42 - Jan 14 with 8552 viewsraynor94

We have been nailed on for relegation since November, this window was never going to save us, the three potential signings will serve us well in the Championship next season, the sooner all accept it the less painful it is

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

We're going to be relegated. on 18:48 - Jan 14 with 8530 viewsthereisnospoon

We're going to be relegated. on 18:42 - Jan 14 by raynor94

We have been nailed on for relegation since November, this window was never going to save us, the three potential signings will serve us well in the Championship next season, the sooner all accept it the less painful it is

bullshit́. going into november we had just played 10 odd games. there was plenty of time left to get things right but those in charge screwed it all up
We're going to be relegated. on 18:52 - Jan 14 with 8503 viewsraynor94

We're going to be relegated. on 18:48 - Jan 14 by thereisnospoon

bullshit́. going into november we had just played 10 odd games. there was plenty of time left to get things right but those in charge screwed it all up

How were we going to get it right with Bradley in charge

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

We're going to be relegated. on 18:53 - Jan 14 with 8502 viewsbryanwadesquiff

We're going to be relegated. on 18:48 - Jan 14 by thereisnospoon

The squad was shit mate?
We're going to be relegated. on 23:10 - Jan 14 with 8313 viewsKilkennyjack

We're going to be relegated. on 18:52 - Jan 14 by raynor94

Bob was not the problem.

The squad is simply not good enough.
Huw has lots of money though, so thats ok.

Beware of the Risen People

We're going to be relegated. on 23:14 - Jan 14 with 8286 viewslonglostjack

We're going to be relegated. on 23:10 - Jan 14 by Kilkennyjack

Bob was not the problem.

As if Bob helped

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

We're going to be relegated. on 23:18 - Jan 14 with 8265 viewsNeathJack

We're going to be relegated. on 23:10 - Jan 14 by Kilkennyjack

Bob was not the problem.

Bradley compounded the problem massively.

The squad was poor but Clueless Bob cost us points even this squad would otherwise have gained.
We're going to be relegated. on 23:22 - Jan 14 with 8245 viewsmonmouth

We're going to be relegated. on 18:52 - Jan 14 by raynor94

It's crap now though Raynes. Palace, Sundo and Hull are also nailed on just as much. We need 2 more points than them over a lot of games. A couple of serious improvements can do that, and yes I understand the difficulties of getting them, but we need more than Carroll and Ollssen. You surely can't have really given up?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Login to get fewer ads

We're going to be relegated. on 23:25 - Jan 14 with 8224 viewsexiledclaseboy

Well that's a revelation.

Poll: Tory leader

We're going to be relegated. on 23:29 - Jan 14 with 8189 viewsskacrazy

And who's fault is it that the sqaud is shit?
Who's fault is it that Guidolin was sacked?
Who's fault is it that BB was employed?
Who's fault is it that there has been no investment in the teamin January?
Most importantly who has all the money in their pockets?
We're going to be relegated. on 23:36 - Jan 14 with 8154 viewslifelong

We're one point from safety with 17 games left.
We're going to be relegated. on 00:15 - Jan 15 with 8089 viewsAngelRangelQS

We're going to be relegated. on 23:29 - Jan 14 by skacrazy

And who's fault is it that the sqaud is shit?
Who's fault is it that Guidolin was sacked?
Who's fault is it that BB was employed?
Who's fault is it that there has been no investment in the teamin January?
Most importantly who has all the money in their pockets?

Whilst I do agree with your overall sentiments...No investment in January? We've just about signed 3 players for a total of £15m and we are halfway through.

If we add a CB to that, we've done okay this window.
We're going to be relegated. on 00:37 - Jan 15 with 8038 viewsjack2jack

It's hard to disagree with anything the OP has said,but look we are not cut adrift just yet,and it's hard to see what the new signings will bring to the party, especially as our midfield and defence is looking ropy,and unless we bring in a few more quality players,not withstanding any we lose,it does seem hard to envisage us staying up,but let's keep the faith,if we can,I've said it before,it's a shame we spunked away 11 games under the stewardship of BB,it's also a shame that FG was booted out,I still maintain that we were starting to stabilise under him,and I'm convinced we would be above the relegation zone with him still in charge,could we be any worse.I must say it is early in Clements reign, but with Hubert still pulling the strings,it don't look good,Clement must have contacts and ideas on players he would like to bring in,for god sake let him have a say.
We're going to be relegated. on 05:58 - Jan 15 with 7932 viewsphact0rri

Honestly, we need to be 17th not in in a europe spot. With the current squad, it is -Doable- to keep our heads above water. We don't need to win every match, and it doesn't need to be pretty. But yeah, were pretty rubish this year, but so are a lot of other clubs that didn't rightfully prepare for the massive step up the big clubs put forward this season.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

We're going to be relegated. on 06:17 - Jan 15 with 7921 viewsJohnw102

As it stands at the moment, to survive for the rest of the season we need to get one more point than Sunderland do and two more than Hull and Palace. On the evidence of the first 45 mins yeaterday I don't think that is beyond our club. Sorry for the positive post!

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

We're going to be relegated. on 06:55 - Jan 15 with 7895 viewsJango

It's only mid January. All 3 signing will improve us and hopefully there be another 1 or 2 big signings that bring the experience and leadership we need. We needed about 5/6 players going into January, if people honestly thought we were gonna spend £10/£15million on every player coming in then they need help
We're going to be relegated. on 06:59 - Jan 15 with 7890 viewsAnotherJohn

So far I'm getting a sense of deja vu from earlier windows, complete with the usual suspects saying that the signings we've made are shrewd buys.
We're going to be relegated. on 07:00 - Jan 15 with 7890 viewsjack247

We're going to be relegated. on 06:55 - Jan 15 by Jango

It's only mid January. All 3 signing will improve us and hopefully there be another 1 or 2 big signings that bring the experience and leadership we need. We needed about 5/6 players going into January, if people honestly thought we were gonna spend £10/£15million on every player coming in then they need help

We needed to sign players that will make an impact as quickly as possible. Carroll and Olsson would be upgrades on what we have, but they aren't likely to make a massive difference. Don't know much about Narsingh. Hopefully he adds something.

These are the sort of players you bring in for £4m on the last day of the window. This window is a massive opportunity to give ourselves a chance of staying up. So far it has been the usual letdown.
We're going to be relegated. on 07:46 - Jan 15 with 7850 viewsJango

We're going to be relegated. on 07:00 - Jan 15 by jack247

We needed to sign players that will make an impact as quickly as possible. Carroll and Olsson would be upgrades on what we have, but they aren't likely to make a massive difference. Don't know much about Narsingh. Hopefully he adds something.

These are the sort of players you bring in for £4m on the last day of the window. This window is a massive opportunity to give ourselves a chance of staying up. So far it has been the usual letdown.

I agree it's massive and if by the end of January we have only signed these 3 then we are Screwed but we can't bolster every position with big signings, not only is it impossible in January but it would be suicidal if we were still to go down. Little improvements here and there can make a huge difference but we have to sign a couple of leaders also. Still a long way to go in the window and all we can do is hope that they see it at the club, they surely must
We're going to be relegated. on 07:51 - Jan 15 with 7849 viewsjack247

We're going to be relegated. on 07:46 - Jan 15 by Jango

I agree it's massive and if by the end of January we have only signed these 3 then we are Screwed but we can't bolster every position with big signings, not only is it impossible in January but it would be suicidal if we were still to go down. Little improvements here and there can make a huge difference but we have to sign a couple of leaders also. Still a long way to go in the window and all we can do is hope that they see it at the club, they surely must

If we signed a commanding, organising centre back and a leader in midfield, then complimented them with Narsingh, Carroll and Olsson, I'd be more than happy.

I've got a feeling that's not going to happen though.
We're going to be relegated. on 08:28 - Jan 15 with 7808 views34dfgdf54

We're going to be relegated. on 00:15 - Jan 15 by AngelRangelQS

Whilst I do agree with your overall sentiments...No investment in January? We've just about signed 3 players for a total of £15m and we are halfway through.

If we add a CB to that, we've done okay this window.

The thing is, we haven't done well in the window.

The three players, will not improve the starting Xi, unless Narsingh comes good, but according to anyone who has seen him play, he's a shocker.

We're done until Jenkins goes, whatever league we're in.
We're going to be relegated. on 09:02 - Jan 15 with 7751 viewsbermudajack

Every word... every single word.... I completely agree with 👍👍👍

As long as HJ is pulling the purse strings, in charge of recruitment, dominating our managers, this downward spiral will continue.

I admire those who think we'll survive, I honestly do... if it were just down to the new management team and players that They wanted I would be more optimistic, but these signings and the interference/ influence of HJ is going to undermine any chance we had.

How can the team/players respect a Chairman who sold out the club for personal gain, keeping the fans in the dark?

Time for the clueless control freak to step down, so we can truely start afresh next season in the Championship.

Poll: Priority for new manager?

We're going to be relegated. on 09:22 - Jan 15 with 7688 viewsSgorioFruit

We're going to be relegated. on 18:42 - Jan 14 by raynor94

100% correct
We are going to get relegated. The board have accepted this, which can be seen with the new signings they have made.
I think last summer the new owners and board just got bored and fed up of the premier league. They have relegated us, and the sooner we accept that and start building for the championship then the more stronger force we will be next season in the second tier.
We may only be one point below palace but yesterday showed me that the players know they are relegated. So except from sacking the whole 11 players and buying a new set of 11 players im afraid we are down.
Naughton just walked over to Sanchez when he was on the floor and literally let him stand up and then walked backwards in order to let Sanchez lob the ball in for a cross for the first goal.
We are literally asking teams to score against us.

Relegated I'm afraid chaps.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

We're going to be relegated. on 09:38 - Jan 15 with 7634 viewsjack247

We're going to be relegated. on 09:22 - Jan 15 by SgorioFruit

100% correct
We are going to get relegated. The board have accepted this, which can be seen with the new signings they have made.
I think last summer the new owners and board just got bored and fed up of the premier league. They have relegated us, and the sooner we accept that and start building for the championship then the more stronger force we will be next season in the second tier.
We may only be one point below palace but yesterday showed me that the players know they are relegated. So except from sacking the whole 11 players and buying a new set of 11 players im afraid we are down.
Naughton just walked over to Sanchez when he was on the floor and literally let him stand up and then walked backwards in order to let Sanchez lob the ball in for a cross for the first goal.
We are literally asking teams to score against us.

Relegated I'm afraid chaps.

They wouldn't have made any new signings (I know it's only one so far) or sacked Bob if they had accepted relegation.

I do think that's the direction we are headed and they obviously need to be mindful of it when signing players. They need to either accept relegation like Villa did, or have a real good go at it this window. Falling between two stools is likely to end up with us signing players and getting relegated anyway.

As bad as we have been and as much as the squad needs a drastic reshuffle, we are one point plus goal difference away from 17th. They surely can't accept relegation from that position.
We're going to be relegated. on 09:50 - Jan 15 with 7595 viewsBorojack

We're going to be relegated. on 06:59 - Jan 15 by AnotherJohn

So far I'm getting a sense of deja vu from earlier windows, complete with the usual suspects saying that the signings we've made are shrewd buys.

Not one of the 3 have kicked a ball for us yet 2 of the 3 haven't even signed yet they are getting slated
We have brought in a new manager a high profile assistant and 2 well thought of coaches from Spurs.
Can't we just give them a fukcing chance.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024