Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The two own goals and the penalty 08:54 - Jan 15 with 4100 viewsSwaneeRiver

Having seen then in the flesh i thought "lucky Arsenal again" and the penalty looked a stonewaller.
Having watched MOTD a few times, TBH Cork should have booted the ball and Iwobi over the goalline, whilst Naughton should have booted the ball into the back of the North Stand, rather than passing it into his own net.
Whilst Ki took a touch, he should have stayed on his feet and buried it in the net.
The two own goals and the penalty on 08:56 - Jan 15 with 3585 viewsCambJack

Let's be honest that was the main difference when Williams was here, he didn't feck about when it came to last ditch clearances. Our current lot are far too indecisive
The two own goals and the penalty on 09:10 - Jan 15 with 3537 viewsWarwickHunt

Stonewall penalty?
The two own goals and the penalty on 09:18 - Jan 15 with 3504 viewsjack247

I haven't seen the replays. The two own goals looked very unlucky, but let's be honest, Arsenal went up a gear and were tearing our defence apart in the lead up to the second one. It looked like a goal was coming, regardless of how it went in.

Re. The penalty - it looked a trip from where I was sat, Ki needs his head read if he dived fromthat position.
The two own goals and the penalty on 09:20 - Jan 15 with 3490 viewsbuilthjack

The two own goals and the penalty on 09:10 - Jan 15 by WarwickHunt

Stonewall penalty?

Watched it now from many angles. 100% a penalty. Changed the game.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The two own goals and the penalty on 09:25 - Jan 15 with 3466 viewsWarwickHunt

The two own goals and the penalty on 09:20 - Jan 15 by builthjack

Try watching it without your Swans goggles. If that had been given against us we'd all be rightly outraged.
The two own goals and the penalty on 09:29 - Jan 15 with 3438 viewsexiledclaseboy

The two own goals and the penalty on 09:25 - Jan 15 by WarwickHunt

Try watching it without your Swans goggles. If that had been given against us we'd all be rightly outraged.

You're right, but the chances are that if the same incident had happened at the other end a penalty would've been given.

Poll: Tory leader

The two own goals and the penalty on 09:31 - Jan 15 with 3424 viewsWhiterockin

It was one of those "sometimes they are given sometimes they are not", when down the bottom you don't get the breaks.
The two own goals and the penalty on 09:34 - Jan 15 with 3403 viewsWarwickHunt

The two own goals and the penalty on 09:29 - Jan 15 by exiledclaseboy

You're right, but the chances are that if the same incident had happened at the other end a penalty would've been given.

At the Emirates, almost certainly.
Login to get fewer ads

The two own goals and the penalty on 09:35 - Jan 15 with 3392 viewsbuilthjack

He definitely caught Ki on both ankle and knee. Stonewall given 9 times out of 10

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The two own goals and the penalty on 09:36 - Jan 15 with 3391 viewsexiledclaseboy

The two own goals and the penalty on 09:34 - Jan 15 by WarwickHunt

At the Emirates, almost certainly.

Even at the Liberty to be honest. It's just the way things are.

Poll: Tory leader

The two own goals and the penalty on 09:36 - Jan 15 with 3381 viewsWarwickHunt

The two own goals and the penalty on 09:35 - Jan 15 by builthjack

He definitely caught Ki on both ankle and knee. Stonewall given 9 times out of 10

You mad, bro.
The two own goals and the penalty on 09:38 - Jan 15 with 3367 viewsjasper_T

No one would care about the penalty/dive if Routledge had scored the easy chance Ki setup for him.
The two own goals and the penalty on 12:46 - Jan 15 with 3137 viewsTheResurrection

Definite pen for me. Yes Ki didn't do himself any favours with that trailing leg but just before that Koscielny sticks out his leg and catches Ki on his left ankle.

That in itself is enough. Definite foul, definite pen.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

The two own goals and the penalty on 12:55 - Jan 15 with 3110 viewsJackBaston

It definitely wasnt a booking
The two own goals and the penalty on 13:25 - Jan 15 with 3042 viewskarnataka

The two own goals and the penalty on 12:55 - Jan 15 by JackBaston

It definitely wasnt a booking

Well, surely if it wasn't a booking, it may have been a pen.
The two own goals and the penalty on 13:25 - Jan 15 with 3041 viewsjackal

The two own goals and the penalty on 09:20 - Jan 15 by builthjack

Similar situation to the Dele Alli dive although not as blatant.

Ki stuck his foot sideways to deliberately fall over Kosielny's foot.Not a pen for me.
The two own goals and the penalty on 13:30 - Jan 15 with 3017 viewsswan65split

But they have, lots of times ....ALLi,,,,,,,and there was intent initially............penalty for Manu, Man Cty, Pool, Chelski and Spurs......dive for the Jacks and all others
The two own goals and the penalty on 13:30 - Jan 15 with 3016 viewsPawelAbbott

The first goal is unbelievable.
Sanchez slips over but still has plenty of time to get up and flick a cross in without pressure from Naughton.
The ball comes to Ozil in acres of space behind Ki. He heads it against the inside of Mawsons leg and drops to a totally unmarked Giroud about 5 yards out. Fernandez, Ki and Cork are all around Giroud but not one of them are pressurising him. They are just standing there ball watching
The two own goals and the penalty on 13:36 - Jan 15 with 2987 viewsAngelRangelQS

The two own goals and the penalty on 13:30 - Jan 15 by PawelAbbott

Sanchez slips over but still has plenty of time to get up and flick a cross in without pressure from Naughton.
The ball comes to Ozil in acres of space behind Ki. He heads it against the inside of Mawsons leg and drops to a totally unmarked Giroud about 5 yards out. Fernandez, Ki and Cork are all around Giroud but not one of them are pressurising him. They are just standing there ball watching

None of our of so called "senior" players taking any sort of responsibility? Surely not
The two own goals and the penalty on 13:53 - Jan 15 with 2927 viewsKingBony

The two own goals and the penalty on 13:30 - Jan 15 by PawelAbbott

Absolutely correct, not one of the useless feckers got (a) near Sanchez to stop the cross (b) near Ozil to stop that crap header and (c) nowhere near enough pressure on Giroud. It was pathetic defending, the sort we have become accustomed to.

The rest of the goals much the same really spineless defending Cork can "Captain" another team for all the use that clown is.

Must be the 4 th time I can't even be bothered to stay past 70 minutes. Criticise all you want to but I just can't watch what we've become and sit there pretending it will turn around.

We must have the most spineless players in the league. God help them in the championship, they won't fancy a battle, which is the bare minimum down there.

We used to give these teams a game even with inferior less paid players, wtf has happened to our basic team ethics! Looks like the apathy and the "get what we can" attitude has filtered down from the top.

I'm still so angry about yesterday, I need to calm down.

We are fecked royally.

Daddy Daddy cool, Daddy Daddy cool

The two own goals and the penalty on 13:57 - Jan 15 with 2911 viewsGriffting

The own goals are unlucky. Perhaps you could say decision making with Cork and positioning with Naughton but 9/10 Cork does enough and It doesn't flick off Naughton straight into the bottom corner.

What wasn't good enough was the sheer lack of ability to keep hold of the ball when won back under pressure. That period of pressure before Arsenals second saw us win the ball back a few times just to gift it back to Arsenal in dangerous areas.

Lack of leadership and ability to play smart is something we have struggled with all season. In that period we needed to slow the play down and frustrate Arsenal who you could see were smelling blood.
The two own goals and the penalty on 14:11 - Jan 15 with 2865 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The two own goals and the penalty on 13:30 - Jan 15 by swan65split

But they have, lots of times ....ALLi,,,,,,,and there was intent initially............penalty for Manu, Man Cty, Pool, Chelski and Spurs......dive for the Jacks and all others

Did you see all the "dives" in the other games yesterday, not one of them got a Yellow Card, even though in most cases there was absolutely no contact what so ever.
Ki has contact and makes the most of it as the "pundits" recommend and gets a yellow.
The two own goals and the penalty on 15:29 - Jan 15 with 2761 viewsgrabsplatter

Not a penalty for me at all, no it wasn't as blatant a dive as Ali but still never a pen
The two own goals and the penalty on 15:31 - Jan 15 with 2754 viewsPawelAbbott

Cork tries but just isn't good enough. Ki and Fer just don't want to be back there. We have a midfield of players who want to play as attacking midfielders and none to actually do the graft.
The shame is that we are about to buy another one
The two own goals and the penalty on 15:33 - Jan 15 with 2748 viewsjasper_T

The two own goals and the penalty on 15:31 - Jan 15 by PawelAbbott

Cork tries but just isn't good enough. Ki and Fer just don't want to be back there. We have a midfield of players who want to play as attacking midfielders and none to actually do the graft.
The shame is that we are about to buy another one

Wouldn't be as big a problem if we didn't insist on a two man centre of midfield with wingers who can't defend.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024