Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
3 Decent signings, but very quite on the CB front 16:27 - Jan 17 with 2584 viewsSS2013

Quite happy with the 3 we've brought in, was expecting to have a CB ready for the Liverpool game it all seems very quite ?

Poll: Will Ayew be a Swansea player come Feb ?

3 Decent signings, but very quite on the CB front on 16:32 - Jan 17 with 2424 viewspremierjack

Id rather another winger to be honest.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2017 16:32]
3 Decent signings, but very quite on the CB front on 16:36 - Jan 17 with 2389 viewsTheAlpineShrew

Surely we need another goalkeeper
3 Decent signings, but very quite on the CB front on 16:38 - Jan 17 with 2366 viewsSS2013

3 Decent signings, but very quite on the CB front on 16:32 - Jan 17 by premierjack

Id rather another winger to be honest.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2017 16:32]

Big call that we are desperate for another winger granted but defence is key surely with the beatings weve been taking?

Poll: Will Ayew be a Swansea player come Feb ?

3 Decent signings, but very quite on the CB front on 16:39 - Jan 17 with 2364 viewsmax936

Are we gonna see anyone else coming through the door? I can't see it myself despite us needing a decent DM and a CB who are leaders and strong characters.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

3 Decent signings, but very quite on the CB front on 16:42 - Jan 17 with 2325 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The three signings are a modest improvement on the players we have. Hopefully we shift a few of the players not required ASAP. Remains to be seen if they are enough to get us up to 17th.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

3 Decent signings, but very quite on the CB front on 16:45 - Jan 17 with 2302 viewsAngelRangelQS

3 Decent signings, but very quite on the CB front on 16:39 - Jan 17 by max936

Are we gonna see anyone else coming through the door? I can't see it myself despite us needing a decent DM and a CB who are leaders and strong characters.

Agreed. They're the positions I'd like to see and a couple of real leaders are desperately needed - one at the very least.

I'd hope that Carroll could play in that holding midfielder role. You don't necessarily need to be overly physical to play in there, as long as you can play a bit. Carrick has been one of the best there in recent years and he's hardly known for his physical attributes.
3 Decent signings, but very quite on the CB front on 16:54 - Jan 17 with 2253 viewsmax936

3 Decent signings, but very quite on the CB front on 16:45 - Jan 17 by AngelRangelQS

Agreed. They're the positions I'd like to see and a couple of real leaders are desperately needed - one at the very least.

I'd hope that Carroll could play in that holding midfielder role. You don't necessarily need to be overly physical to play in there, as long as you can play a bit. Carrick has been one of the best there in recent years and he's hardly known for his physical attributes.

Carrick is a hell of a player neat and tidy but strong good in the air can tackle and is a lump physically, we don't need a Cattermole, but someone in the Bodde mould, bit taller maybe, some seem to think that Fer can do it, I'm not sure he can, don't think he's got the discipline and wants to get forward all the time and reluctant to track back, Carrick as always played that position and is very good at it, there must be a similar player out there, here or abroad, I keep mentioning Vilhena and Sanson, but I don't think they're on the clubs radar, although I doubt they'll come with the position we're in.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2017 16:56]

3 Decent signings, but very quite on the CB front on 17:09 - Jan 17 with 2178 viewsAngelRangelQS

3 Decent signings, but very quite on the CB front on 16:54 - Jan 17 by max936

Carrick is a hell of a player neat and tidy but strong good in the air can tackle and is a lump physically, we don't need a Cattermole, but someone in the Bodde mould, bit taller maybe, some seem to think that Fer can do it, I'm not sure he can, don't think he's got the discipline and wants to get forward all the time and reluctant to track back, Carrick as always played that position and is very good at it, there must be a similar player out there, here or abroad, I keep mentioning Vilhena and Sanson, but I don't think they're on the clubs radar, although I doubt they'll come with the position we're in.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2017 16:56]

I don't think Fer is disciplined enough to do it.

As I said, Carroll, I'm hopeful about. If someone had said when Leon was in/out of the team at the age of 23/24 playing on the right wing that he'd be so successfully converted into the position where he was at his best for us, I think most would have struggled to have believed it.
Login to get fewer ads

3 Decent signings, but very quite on the CB front on 17:13 - Jan 17 with 2150 viewscontroversial_jack

3 Decent signings, but very quite on the CB front on 17:09 - Jan 17 by AngelRangelQS

As I said, Carroll, I'm hopeful about. If someone had said when Leon was in/out of the team at the age of 23/24 playing on the right wing that he'd be so successfully converted into the position where he was at his best for us, I think most would have struggled to have believed it.

We are doing it on the cheap again
3 Decent signings, but very quite on the CB front on 17:14 - Jan 17 with 2129 viewsmax936

3 Decent signings, but very quite on the CB front on 17:09 - Jan 17 by AngelRangelQS

He learnt that position in the lower leagues though is that harder or easier than learning in the Prem?

3 Decent signings, but very quite on the CB front on 17:18 - Jan 17 with 2104 viewsraynor94

3 Decent signings, but very quite on the CB front on 17:13 - Jan 17 by controversial_jack

We are doing it on the cheap again

So who are you going to fetch in on big bucks?

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

3 Decent signings, but very quite on the CB front on 17:22 - Jan 17 with 2073 viewsjack247

3 Decent signings, but very quite on the CB front on 16:39 - Jan 17 by max936

That is exactly what we need Max. With that it will have been an excellent transfer window (though won't undo the damage done in the summer). Without it, it will be moderately upgrading 3 positions without dealing with the most pressing issues.
3 Decent signings, but very quite on the CB front on 17:25 - Jan 17 with 2042 viewsClinton

Fede and Alfie are the boys. Who you going to bring in and for how much ?

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

3 Decent signings, but very quite on the CB front on 20:08 - Jan 17 with 1646 viewsandrew

Puzzles me why I hardly ever see that we need a new right back mentioned on here. I don't know if I watch the same team as anyone else, but we get absolutely hammered on the right week in week out and nothing seems to be being mentioned about it.

I've tried picking my best teamtonight with the new boys and i just leave RB blank.

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

3 Decent signings, but very quite on the CB front on 20:38 - Jan 17 with 1557 viewsmidswan

3 Decent signings, but very quite on the CB front on 20:08 - Jan 17 by andrew

Puzzles me why I hardly ever see that we need a new right back mentioned on here. I don't know if I watch the same team as anyone else, but we get absolutely hammered on the right week in week out and nothing seems to be being mentioned about it.

I've tried picking my best teamtonight with the new boys and i just leave RB blank.

A very fair point!
3 Decent signings, but very quite on the CB front on 20:45 - Jan 17 with 1531 viewsJango

3 Decent signings, but very quite on the CB front on 20:38 - Jan 17 by midswan

A very fair point!

I know someone who's friendly with Jack Cork and he reckons clement has talked to Cork about the idea of him playing right back.
3 Decent signings, but very quite on the CB front on 20:46 - Jan 17 with 1516 viewsWarwickHunt

3 Decent signings, but very quite on the CB front on 20:45 - Jan 17 by Jango

I know someone who's friendly with Jack Cork and he reckons clement has talked to Cork about the idea of him playing right back.

Or left back in the dressing room ideally.
3 Decent signings, but very quite on the CB front on 20:47 - Jan 17 with 1507 viewsoldcob

I think that might work.
3 Decent signings, but very quite on the CB front on 20:47 - Jan 17 with 1505 viewsJango

3 Decent signings, but very quite on the CB front on 20:46 - Jan 17 by WarwickHunt

Or left back in the dressing room ideally.

We certainly won't stay up if he's first choice in midfield come February.
3 Decent signings, but very quite on the CB front on 20:50 - Jan 17 with 1491 viewspencoedjack

3 Decent signings, but very quite on the CB front on 16:42 - Jan 17 by felixstowe_jack

The three signings are a modest improvement on the players we have. Hopefully we shift a few of the players not required ASAP. Remains to be seen if they are enough to get us up to 17th.

I'm just hoping Gylfi doesn't go out this window
3 Decent signings, but very quite on the CB front on 21:02 - Jan 17 with 1442 views34dfgdf54

Funnily enough, you do seem to find a lot of right backs are failed central midfield players, that's Jack Cork down to a tee. Could work.
3 Decent signings, but very quite on the CB front on 21:07 - Jan 17 with 1420 viewsQuincy999

I wouldn't put it past us to sign another winger then for us to play the diamond for the rest of the season.
3 Decent signings, but very quite on the CB front on 21:26 - Jan 17 with 1341 viewsTheKirkyLife

After seeing the Mawson/Fernandez combo for two weeks in a row I think we could scrap through with those two. Entirely reliant on Fede retaining his new found form though.

I agree with others that the RB position seriously needs addressing. Naughton has been one of our best players all season but he's dropped badly now. I'd throw Reid in from the U23s against LIverpool just to see what he's made of otherwise surely a cheeky loan offer for Van der Wiel or Trippier should be on the cards?

I'd quite like another winger too.
3 Decent signings, but very quite on the CB front on 21:28 - Jan 17 with 1333 viewsElward

What happened to the 30 million transfer fund that was being quoted? Havn't spent anywhere near that! About 16 mil on the 3 so far?
3 Decent signings, but very quite on the CB front on 21:33 - Jan 17 with 1301 viewsJango

3 Decent signings, but very quite on the CB front on 21:28 - Jan 17 by Elward

What happened to the 30 million transfer fund that was being quoted? Havn't spent anywhere near that! About 16 mil on the 3 so far?

I make it 12.5million from the prices reported. Plus any money we get from sales. Hopefully 1 or 2 loans and 1 or 2 big money signings
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024