Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ground expansion??? 08:30 - Jan 21 with 1947 viewsbyron

I take it this has been put firmly on hold or maybe not at all now? Jenkins must know the costs involved which prob added to his eagerness to cash in. Guess it's a relief it never happened now.

Benny

Ground expansion??? on 08:44 - Jan 21 with 1915 viewsdameedna

Charlton 66,000
Ground expansion??? on 08:48 - Jan 21 with 1902 viewsDrGonzo

Cue the first bore that says we don't need expansion because there are empty seats on a match day.

Never mind the fact it's nigh on impossible for whole families to sit together.

Another sign of the failed administration of our club.
Ground expansion??? on 08:52 - Jan 21 with 1888 viewsKilkennyjack

Ground expansion??? on 08:48 - Jan 21 by DrGonzo

Cue the first bore that says we don't need expansion because there are empty seats on a match day.

True - huwbert would not spend on an asset he did not own.

Huwbert did spend on the Academy though. Owning assets helps when you want to sell the club.

It was about choices.
Bollox to the fans is the bottom line.

Beware of the Risen People

Ground expansion??? on 09:15 - Jan 21 with 1830 viewsLeonWasGod

We'll be back to 12-14,000 next year, so I don't see the point now. 4 years ago was the time to do it.
Ground expansion??? on 09:27 - Jan 21 with 1786 views3swan

It will happen now, because it was all down to transport issues.

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/how-a-new-road-could-make-driving-throug

Ground expansion??? on 09:38 - Jan 21 with 1736 viewsswan65split

Ground expansion??? on 09:41 - Jan 21 with 1727 viewsLeonWasGod

Ground expansion??? on 09:27 - Jan 21 by 3swan

It will happen now, because it was all down to transport issues.

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/how-a-new-road-could-make-driving-throug

From what I've seen of the works down there, it looks like they'll still be coming into that roundabout at the Liberty end of the Hafod. Still going to be plenty of queuing, unless they're planning to do a flyover or underpass, or similar (which I very much doubt they'd have the space for). Be much better for residents on the Hafod though.
Ground expansion??? on 10:28 - Jan 21 with 1647 viewsPrivate_Partz

Ground expansion??? on 09:41 - Jan 21 by LeonWasGod

From what I've seen of the works down there, it looks like they'll still be coming into that roundabout at the Liberty end of the Hafod. Still going to be plenty of queuing, unless they're planning to do a flyover or underpass, or similar (which I very much doubt they'd have the space for). Be much better for residents on the Hafod though.

I was all for expansion but, unless we get back to being a top half of the table team, it should not be touched with a barge pole. All our efforts should now be concentrated on team matters to try and save our status.
I think transport is king and all investment comes from good links. Football is a different matter for me however.
We play a few matches when there is no public transport. Boxing Day being an example. We had to close two matchday Park and Rides as they were not used.
Look at the Emerites. A suburb stadium built amongst closely knit traditional housing with absolute sh!te transport links.
Transport with regards to football is nice to have and should be developed bit it isn't essential to expansion.......When we are in a position to invest.
There is no doubt we have missed an opportunity in the past. Another Jenkins' cock up.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Login to get fewer ads

Ground expansion??? on 10:50 - Jan 21 with 1607 viewsJacque

How was the money being raised to fund the expansion?

As that's well and truly on the back burner I suppose the money can be used for strengthening the side. Although that's where Carroll, olssen and narsingh fees probably came from!!
Ground expansion??? on 11:06 - Jan 21 with 1578 viewsDafyddHuw

Ground expansion??? on 08:48 - Jan 21 by DrGonzo

There's empty seats on match day, so an expansion is far from a priority.
Ground expansion??? on 12:57 - Jan 21 with 1483 viewswestside

Ground expansion??? on 11:06 - Jan 21 by DafyddHuw

Empty seats because season tickets holders can't be bothered to turn not because we don't sell out the games.
Ground expansion??? on 13:03 - Jan 21 with 1469 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Roumours that the owners are looking into the possibility of building a hotel at the stadium.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Ground expansion??? on 13:10 - Jan 21 with 1448 viewsLoyal

Everybody knows the expansion will start next January.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Ground expansion??? on 13:35 - Jan 21 with 1402 viewssP7qupUf

Wonder who will get the contract for the expansion if it happens? The same person that got the academy?!!!!
Ground expansion??? on 15:13 - Jan 21 with 1372 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Ground expansion??? on 10:28 - Jan 21 by Private_Partz

I was all for expansion but, unless we get back to being a top half of the table team, it should not be touched with a barge pole. All our efforts should now be concentrated on team matters to try and save our status.
I think transport is king and all investment comes from good links. Football is a different matter for me however.
We play a few matches when there is no public transport. Boxing Day being an example. We had to close two matchday Park and Rides as they were not used.
Look at the Emerites. A suburb stadium built amongst closely knit traditional housing with absolute sh!te transport links.
Transport with regards to football is nice to have and should be developed bit it isn't essential to expansion.......When we are in a position to invest.
There is no doubt we have missed an opportunity in the past. Another Jenkins' cock up.

There are three tube stations within 10 minutes walking distance one of which is 5 minutes away. Underground trains that hold a 1,000 people running every 5 minutes it has never taken me than 20 minutes to get back to Kings Cross on the 5 visits to Arsenal.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Ground expansion??? on 15:51 - Jan 21 with 1339 viewsPrivate_Partz

Ground expansion??? on 15:13 - Jan 21 by felixstowe_jack

There are three tube stations within 10 minutes walking distance one of which is 5 minutes away. Underground trains that hold a 1,000 people running every 5 minutes it has never taken me than 20 minutes to get back to Kings Cross on the 5 visits to Arsenal.

Well one of the tubes shuts as it is too dangerous to use the spiral stairway after the match. The other tube I tried had a queue stretching for miles and that was the one taking us into the centre where we then had to try and get out to the outskirts later. There is no room for food outlets around the stadium with traveling vendors everywhere. Even people selling grub out of their front windows. If that is better than the Liberty with no transport links on a Boxing Day then I will now bow to your greater experience ;-)
The point is transport is good but it is not essential to expansion. A mid table team or above is.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2017 17:50]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Ground expansion??? on 15:52 - Jan 21 with 1335 viewsMurph75

Ground expansion??? on 15:13 - Jan 21 by felixstowe_jack

You've been lucky then.
Ground expansion??? on 17:47 - Jan 21 with 1256 viewsKilkennyjack

Ground expansion??? on 13:10 - Jan 21 by Loyal

Everybody knows the expansion will start next January.

😂😂😂😂

Beware of the Risen People

Ground expansion??? on 17:56 - Jan 21 with 1236 viewsDrGonzo

Ground expansion??? on 11:06 - Jan 21 by DafyddHuw

How observant of you.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024