Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The NHS 21:10 - Jan 21 with 14404 viewsexiledclaseboy

I've debated long and hard about posting this but I decided it was worth it as we've seen many threads and posts decrying the NHS and I wanted to redress the balance.

On 12 December my wife went for a routine examination which revealed "something nasty" in her bowel. No symptoms at all, simply a follow up from an unrelated problem from about a month before. Biopsies were taken and we were called back a few days before Christmas to have it confirmed that she has bowel cancer. She had a scan a few days after Christmas to check the cancer hadn't spread (thankfully it hadn't) and that was confirmed last Monday. Yesterday she had the operation to remove the tumour. She's now recovering in Morriston Hospital.

So from initial suspicion of something sinister on 12 December to probably life saving operation five weeks later on 20 January. We haven't had to worry about money and the care at every stage so far has been superb.

I realise that we can all only speak from our personal experiences and that not everyone's will mirror our own. But there is ours. Thank you, NHS.

Poll: Tory leader

The NHS on 13:54 - Dec 1 with 1787 viewsmonmouth

The NHS on 22:31 - Nov 20 by max936

Brilliant News, best news I've heard in a while

I agree. Fantastic. So pleased for Mrs C.

And a timely boost Clasie, ta. A close friend is unfortunately having a mastectomy at this very moment. 32 years old with two young children. This disease is a total bastard.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The NHS on 14:52 - Dec 1 with 1752 viewstrampie

You have a very brave wife ECB, all the best to you both, you Mrs deserves all the luck going in the future.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

The NHS on 15:22 - Dec 1 with 1727 views3swan

Just seen this thread

I don't need to add words that haven't been already said mate

Just

The NHS on 17:50 - Mar 17 with 1557 viewsexiledclaseboy

Feels a bit egomaniacal bumping this but I’ve had a few and I’m happy and emotional so want to share. Don’t judge me. The wife had a follow up colonoscopy today. All clear, not even so much as a polyp, which is really unusual for someone with her history. Back in January 2019 for another CT scan and another colonoscopy after that. In July last year we didn’t expect her to see 2018. We’ve been bricking it all week so I can’t even begin to express how relieved we are. I thought this morning was never going to end waiting for her to come out of the treatment room. We’ll never be complacent that she’s “beaten” it. Cancer just doesn’t work like that. We’ll always always worry. But with every clear test the almost constant knot in my stomach that hasn’t gone away since December 2016 eases slightly. Only slightly.

For those of you still fighting this thing, keep at it. If you know or love someone with it, just support them. It’s all you can do and it’s f*cking horrendous watching someone you love suffer.

Apologies again for the self indulgence. Love to all.

The NHS on 17:51 - Mar 17 with 1552 viewsmonmouth

Excellent news. Made up for you both.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The NHS on 17:53 - Mar 17 with 1544 viewslondonlisa2001

The NHS on 17:50 - Mar 17 by exiledclaseboy

Feels a bit egomaniacal bumping this but I’ve had a few and I’m happy and emotional so want to share. Don’t judge me. The wife had a follow up colonoscopy today. All clear, not even so much as a polyp, which is really unusual for someone with her history. Back in January 2019 for another CT scan and another colonoscopy after that. In July last year we didn’t expect her to see 2018. We’ve been bricking it all week so I can’t even begin to express how relieved we are. I thought this morning was never going to end waiting for her to come out of the treatment room. We’ll never be complacent that she’s “beaten” it. Cancer just doesn’t work like that. We’ll always always worry. But with every clear test the almost constant knot in my stomach that hasn’t gone away since December 2016 eases slightly. Only slightly.

For those of you still fighting this thing, keep at it. If you know or love someone with it, just support them. It’s all you can do and it’s f*cking horrendous watching someone you love suffer.

Brilliant news Clasie!

The NHS on 17:56 - Mar 17 with 1540 viewsGowerjack

Great news.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

The NHS on 18:12 - Mar 17 with 1519 viewsNeath_Jack

What a battler Mrs Cude is, fantastic news for you all.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Login to get fewer ads

The NHS on 18:16 - Mar 17 with 1516 viewsexiledclaseboy

The NHS on 18:12 - Mar 17 by Neath_Jack

What a battler Mrs Cude is, fantastic news for you all.

You know when we talk about heroes, and we’ve all done it, being footballers, celebrities and the like. Well she’s mine. We’ve had our difficulties over the years, show me a couple that hasn’t. But she is utterly remarkable and has faced the sh*t thrown at her with far more bravery than I’ve been able to muster half the time.

F*ck I’m soppy tonight. I should log off soon.

The NHS on 18:38 - Mar 17 with 1493 viewsHumpty

Excellent news.

The very best to you both.
The NHS on 18:41 - Mar 17 with 1487 viewsNeath_Jack

The NHS on 18:16 - Mar 17 by exiledclaseboy

You know when we talk about heroes, and we’ve all done it, being footballers, celebrities and the like. Well she’s mine. We’ve had our difficulties over the years, show me a couple that hasn’t. But she is utterly remarkable and has faced the sh*t thrown at her with far more bravery than I’ve been able to muster half the time.

F*ck I’m soppy tonight. I should log off soon.

You'll have me in tears now, so yeah, go log off please

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

The NHS on 18:52 - Mar 17 with 1472 viewsNogginthenog

Delighted for you both, I am 27 years down the road from colorectal cancer, I hope Mrs ECB can do the same.
The NHS on 18:54 - Mar 17 with 1467 viewsexiledclaseboy

The NHS on 18:52 - Mar 17 by Nogginthenog

Delighted for you both, I am 27 years down the road from colorectal cancer, I hope Mrs ECB can do the same.

27 years. An inspiration. Good on you mate.

The NHS on 19:45 - Mar 17 with 1445 viewsDJack

All the best to you both.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

The NHS on 20:15 - Mar 17 with 1436 views3swan

And for Mrs C

The NHS on 21:51 - Mar 17 with 1405 viewsJack_Meoff

Behave yourself mate (the egomania and indulgence bits) there won't be anyone reading this that isn't anything but chuffed for you. Brilliant stuff.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

The NHS on 21:59 - Mar 17 with 1396 viewsswan65split

The NHS on 21:51 - Mar 17 by Jack_Meoff

Behave yourself mate (the egomania and indulgence bits) there won't be anyone reading this that isn't anything but chuffed for you. Brilliant stuff.

This
well done both , keep it up, keep the faith, keep the LOVE.
The NHS on 22:03 - Mar 17 with 1390 viewsLohengrin

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

The NHS on 22:11 - Mar 17 with 1380 viewsEbo

Iim delighted for you both Andrew *raises glass*

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

The NHS on 13:24 - Mar 18 with 1290 viewsLord_Bony

Very good news for you and S. I'm so pleased for her.

It's given me great encouragement reading this,statistically I should not even be here now with my advanced cancer but the NHS has kept me alive.

Have had some brilliant results myself this week with a real cure now possible after operations now in site.

God bless anyone going through this curse at the moment and well done to you survivors.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

The NHS on 13:33 - Mar 18 with 1275 viewsexiledclaseboy

The NHS on 13:24 - Mar 18 by Lord_Bony

It's given me great encouragement reading this,statistically I should not even be here now with my advanced cancer but the NHS has kept me alive.

Have had some brilliant results myself this week with a real cure now possible after operations now in site.

God bless anyone going through this curse at the moment and well done to you survivors.

Glad you’ve had good news mate.

The NHS on 14:05 - Mar 18 with 1245 viewsEbo

The NHS on 13:24 - Mar 18 by Lord_Bony

Great news mate!

I’ve been worried all week due to Mrs Ebo seeing the neurosurgeon at Heath hospital. She’s having an op in April/May to shift a blood vessel that is pressing on a nerve in her head. It does come with a very small risk in that if the nerve that is located next to the nerve being operated on is disturbed, then she could damage her hearing. It’s a 3/4 hour op and she will have a small scar behind her ear - a small price to pay to regain quality of life as neuralgia pain is awful.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

The NHS on 14:28 - Mar 18 with 1234 viewsLord_Bony

The NHS on 14:05 - Mar 18 by Ebo

Great news mate!

I’ve been worried all week due to Mrs Ebo seeing the neurosurgeon at Heath hospital. She’s having an op in April/May to shift a blood vessel that is pressing on a nerve in her head. It does come with a very small risk in that if the nerve that is located next to the nerve being operated on is disturbed, then she could damage her hearing. It’s a 3/4 hour op and she will have a small scar behind her ear - a small price to pay to regain quality of life as neuralgia pain is awful.

The surgeons and facilities at the Heath hospital are exemplary they literally saved my life last November after the tumour in my colon burst open I'm sure she's in the very best of hands at the University Hospital of Wales

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

The NHS on 15:55 - Mar 18 with 1197 viewsmax936

Congratulations to Mrs C and to you also, wishing you both continual good health

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

The NHS on 15:57 - Mar 18 with 1192 viewsmax936

The NHS on 14:28 - Mar 18 by Lord_Bony

The surgeons and facilities at the Heath hospital are exemplary they literally saved my life last November after the tumour in my colon burst open I'm sure she's in the very best of hands at the University Hospital of Wales

Keep going Paul great to read that you've had good news

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024