Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? 13:16 - Jan 22 with 9867 viewsStarsky

The BT commentator touched on this yesterday.

I know we've beaten the very best in the last 6 years but yesterday... Liverpool would have gone second if they'd won against a Swansea side bottom of the table with a squad deemed not good enough and a defence that was stated, the worst defence in Europe.

We go 2-0 up and I was just waiting for the comeback, just like in 1981 at Anfield.

Well, it happened and at 2-2 it was almost inevitable that if any team got the winner it would be Liverpool. That winner for us, still going forward to get a goal on the break was richly deserved.

History has been made and it's our first ever League win at Anfield, who hadn't lost at home for over a year.

For me... this is our finest win in 6 a Premier years, given the current circumstances.
[Post edited 22 Jan 2017 13:19]

It's just the internet, init.

Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 13:18 - Jan 22 with 5976 viewsA_Fans_Dad

It has to be up there with a few other "firsts", but considering our recent reputation it has to be the biggest shock and turn around.
Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 13:20 - Jan 22 with 5946 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

I do not think so. I'd put the 5-0 win at QPR above it. I'm sure there are others which rival it or surpass it too.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 13:24 - Jan 22 with 5937 viewsStarsky

Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 13:20 - Jan 22 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I do not think so. I'd put the 5-0 win at QPR above it. I'm sure there are others which rival it or surpass it too.

Missing the point spectacularly there Dys

The win against relegated QPR? Rightio

Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 13:26 - Jan 22 with 5907 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 13:24 - Jan 22 by Starsky

Missing the point spectacularly there Dys

The win against relegated QPR? Rightio

I read most impressive. If we're talking about most important then I'd consider it.

Lots of teams will beat one of the big four away this season. Very few teams in the history of the Premier League will have recorded a 5-0 victory away from home.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 13:26 - Jan 22 with 5912 viewslifelong

Right up there with the 0-2 win at Arsenal.
Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 13:28 - Jan 22 with 5900 viewsStarsky

Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 13:26 - Jan 22 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I read most impressive. If we're talking about most important then I'd consider it.

Lots of teams will beat one of the big four away this season. Very few teams in the history of the Premier League will have recorded a 5-0 victory away from home.

If you'd read my post you'd have figured it out the first time.

And considering how much you've rubbished our threadbare squad all season it's got to be the finest win to date. Wouldn't you agree

Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 13:29 - Jan 22 with 5889 viewsStarsky

Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 13:26 - Jan 22 by lifelong

Indeed

Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 13:29 - Jan 22 with 5880 viewsFireboy

Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 13:26 - Jan 22 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Impressive and important?

Ticks both boxes imo
Login to get fewer ads

Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 13:32 - Jan 22 with 5863 viewsexiledclaseboy

Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 13:26 - Jan 22 by lifelong

Probably more impressive given the situation, the fact that we've been useless all season and our desperate need for points. Probably our best result since promotion for me, more so cos we had to regroup after losing a two goal lead. A fortnight ago we'd have folded and lost that game 4-2 or 5-2.

Poll: Tory leader

Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 13:33 - Jan 22 with 5853 viewsStarsky

Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 13:32 - Jan 22 by exiledclaseboy

Probably more impressive given the situation, the fact that we've been useless all season and our desperate need for points. Probably our best result since promotion for me, more so cos we had to regroup after losing a two goal lead. A fortnight ago we'd have folded and lost that game 4-2 or 5-2.

Amen

Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 13:33 - Jan 22 with 5853 viewspikeypaul

Who are the big 4 and who have beaten them at home this season.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 13:34 - Jan 22 with 5847 viewsWhiterockin

Last season West Ham away is up there. Fantastic performance and we were up against a form side pushing for a Champions League place. We ended that dream for the Hammers same as we ended Liverpool's title hopes yesterday.
Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 13:36 - Jan 22 with 5832 viewsexiledclaseboy

Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 13:34 - Jan 22 by Whiterockin

Last season West Ham away is up there. Fantastic performance and we were up against a form side pushing for a Champions League place. We ended that dream for the Hammers same as we ended Liverpool's title hopes yesterday.

There was nothing on that game for us though. We were safe and comfortably mid table.

Poll: Tory leader

Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 13:37 - Jan 22 with 5826 viewsStarsky

Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 13:34 - Jan 22 by Whiterockin

That was a Swansea side before they sold off the silverware.
West Ham were on the beach.

Great win though

Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 13:41 - Jan 22 with 5807 viewsbermudajack

Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 13:36 - Jan 22 by exiledclaseboy

There was nothing on that game for us though. We were safe and comfortably mid table.

If we can put a run together on the confidence of that win which saves us this season...

Then it won't be just the most impressive PL win....

Then it will be right up there with Hull, Forest & Reading as a matter of important matches in our history.

Poll: Priority for new manager?

Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 13:43 - Jan 22 with 5798 viewsPhil_S

Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 13:33 - Jan 22 by pikeypaul

Who are the big 4 and who have beaten them at home this season.

The current top four have lost just three between them at home this season

Both Chelsea and Arsenal lost at home to Liverpool

If you add in the two Manchester clubs then Man City lost at home to Chelsea and Man Utd at home to Man City

So yesterday's win was the first away win for a non top 6 side at a top 6 club this season
Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 13:45 - Jan 22 with 5780 viewsJackBaston

I think given how we've been all season its definitely the most important and surprising

But most impressive, we've done the double over United, won at Arsenal a few times, won away to both Liverpool and Chelsea in the Cap One Cup, all I would say were more complete performances than yesterday
Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 14:03 - Jan 22 with 5717 viewsKrisP

Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 13:43 - Jan 22 by Phil_S

The current top four have lost just three between them at home this season

Both Chelsea and Arsenal lost at home to Liverpool

If you add in the two Manchester clubs then Man City lost at home to Chelsea and Man Utd at home to Man City

So yesterday's win was the first away win for a non top 6 side at a top 6 club this season

Makes it look even better. Right now I couldn't disagree with the OP's premise.
Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 14:32 - Jan 22 with 5633 viewsItchySphincter

Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 13:32 - Jan 22 by exiledclaseboy

Klopp said they weere the only side that tried to play football and we just built a wall with no intention of playing. F*cking brilliant, you know you've hurt them when they come out with that kind of claptrap. Brilliant win, up there with our best in the Premier League.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 14:46 - Jan 22 with 5592 viewsSTID2017

Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 13:20 - Jan 22 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

You are a price idiot.
You did nothing but slag the team off, then when they proof you and many others wrong with an outstanding performance and result (especially given how bad the team was and how low in confidence) you still don't have the good grace to acknowledge what a stand out result yesterday was

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 15:10 - Jan 22 with 5521 viewsStarsky

Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 13:45 - Jan 22 by JackBaston

I think given how we've been all season its definitely the most important and surprising

But most impressive, we've done the double over United, won at Arsenal a few times, won away to both Liverpool and Chelsea in the Cap One Cup, all I would say were more complete performances than yesterday

Certainly more complete but this ream isn't a patch on our previous teams that won those games you mentioned.

Even the players still at the club from those wins are getting too old now.

We were also missing Britton, Montero, Barrow, Taylor, the new winger & Ki through injury

Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 15:20 - Jan 22 with 5477 viewsLord_Bony

Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 14:32 - Jan 22 by ItchySphincter

Klopp said they weere the only side that tried to play football and we just built a wall with no intention of playing. F*cking brilliant, you know you've hurt them when they come out with that kind of claptrap. Brilliant win, up there with our best in the Premier League.

We beat them 3.2 and we did not want to play?

Yeah right Klopp.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 15:21 - Jan 22 with 5470 viewsBoot

If we develop confidence and gain enough momentum to stay up, I would consider it to be the most important premier win ever. Breaking their unbeaten home record and considering where we are at the moment, it's certainly impressive.......some would say most shocking😂
Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 15:25 - Jan 22 with 5442 viewsmajorraglan

Yesterday was a fantastic result - period. The 5 - 0 against QPR was another great result, new manager, new players at the start of a new season against a relatively high spending London outfit but they weren't second in the League.
Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 15:30 - Jan 22 with 5419 viewsveng9

Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 13:37 - Jan 22 by Starsky

That was a Swansea side before they sold off the silverware.
West Ham were on the beach.

Great win though

I don't think it was our most impressive win either but West Ham definitely weren't on the beach. I remember their fans being very annoyed with the result because it realistically ended their chances of getting top 4. They were only 5 points off Manchester City in 4th after the game but a win could've taken that to 2 points off with 2 games left to play.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024