Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
First time in Swansea 21:35 - Jan 23 with 10090 viewsgrfn

Hi guys, next week i will visit Swansea for the first time (it will be my second time in UK).
Of course main goal of my trip is tuesdays game vs Soton, but i would like to see as many interesting places in Swansea as i can. Not only club related (i will be with my girlfriend, she's not really into football), so maybe you could suggest me some interesting places to visit - for both tourist and Swansea supporter side of me? :)
Obviously i did some research, but every opinion of fellow local Jack would be welcomed.
I will be in Swansea for 2 days (monday morning to wednesday morning, then trip back London).
Also, if you have any tips for match related stuff - where to buy Swans related stuff (scarf, shirt etc), where to go for a beer before game etc - i will be than grateful.
If there was already another similar topic, sorry for mess, could you send me link to it?
First time in Swansea on 21:37 - Jan 23 with 7560 viewsLoyal

Highly recommended 👍
http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/prostitutes-young-17-18-old-50s-swansea-

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

First time in Swansea on 21:38 - Jan 23 with 7558 viewsDr_Winston

There's no shortage of natural beauty to be seen but the city itself is lacking.

If you've got transport then head to Gower. Worm's Head. Three Cliffs Bay. Oxwich. All lovely.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

First time in Swansea on 21:41 - Jan 23 with 7514 viewsBanosswan

Try a Rissole in batter

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

First time in Swansea on 21:43 - Jan 23 with 7494 viewssomersetsimon

My 3 top things to do when I get a chance to get back to Swansea are:
1) Visit some of the beaches. I spent my childhood at Langland and Caswell, but Rhosilli is one of the best beaches in the world ( even in the winter!)
2) Eat a Joe's ice cream in Mumbles
3) Get a bag of cockles in Swansea market. Eat with plenty of pepper and vinegar
First time in Swansea on 21:45 - Jan 23 with 7480 viewsCooperman

First time in Swansea on 21:37 - Jan 23 by Loyal

Highly recommended 👍
http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/prostitutes-young-17-18-old-50s-swansea-

There really was no need for that.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

First time in Swansea on 21:49 - Jan 23 with 7450 viewsBournedore

Try Joe's ice cream (the fresh stuff) in Mumbles or on St. helen's road. It is unlike any other ice cream you or your gf will have ever tasted - it's the stuff of legend. A day in Mumbles with a Joes - lovely stuff.
http://www.joes-icecream.com
http://www.mumbles.co.uk
First time in Swansea on 21:50 - Jan 23 with 7444 viewsLeonWasGod

If you haven't got transport, take a bus from the main bus station to Mumbles. Go for a walk along the front, as far as the pier. If you're into your walking then you can keep going round the coast to Langland Bay, have a drink or food in the cafe and then back again. Or stop at the pier, walk back into Mumbles and have a look at Oystermouth Castle.

Again, without transport you can get to see more of gower by taking the number 14 bus to Southgate (Penard Cliffs). But buses only run every hour (about 15 minutes to the hour from bus station).

Worth a stroll round the marina and SA1 by the river - won't take long.

Indoor options would be Waterfront Museum. Or Glynn Vivian Art Gallery, which is near the rail station. Or bring your swimming stuff and go to LC2! Other than that not a lot to do indoors.
First time in Swansea on 21:50 - Jan 23 with 7440 viewssomersetsimon

First time in Swansea on 21:49 - Jan 23 by Bournedore

Try Joe's ice cream (the fresh stuff) in Mumbles or on St. helen's road. It is unlike any other ice cream you or your gf will have ever tasted - it's the stuff of legend. A day in Mumbles with a Joes - lovely stuff.
http://www.joes-icecream.com
http://www.mumbles.co.uk

My kids prefer Verdi's. I'm thinking of having them adopted...
Login to get fewer ads

First time in Swansea on 21:51 - Jan 23 with 7433 viewslatchford

The grape and olive at the top of the tower in the marina has great views but I wouldn't bother with food up there. Our city centre unfortunately is a dump! Mumbles is nice to spend an afternoon and as others have said, if you have transport, head to see the beaches down around gower. The only place to buy swans stuff really is the club shop. On the afternoon of the game a meal at vesuvio near the stadium would be a good shout and then a few pints in the pubs nearby.
First time in Swansea on 22:12 - Jan 23 with 7282 viewsBournedore

First time in Swansea on 21:50 - Jan 23 by somersetsimon

Dear god Simon my sincere commiserations
First time in Swansea on 22:15 - Jan 23 with 7248 viewsLoyal

First time in Swansea on 21:45 - Jan 23 by Cooperman

There really was no need for that.

I know, it was a very poor move.
Based on the shit reporting I felt it in keeping with the thread.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

First time in Swansea on 22:23 - Jan 23 with 7202 viewsgrfn

Unfortunately i wont have any car - we will take bus from London to Swansea.
@LeonWasGod i read that Oystermouth Castle is closed now - is it worth to come there and look at it from outside, if we cannot enter it ( http://www.swansea.gov.uk/oystermouthcastle - info about closing)
We will definitely visit Mumbles though, even if just for Joe's Ice Cream.
First time in Swansea on 22:24 - Jan 23 with 7196 viewsjack2jack

http://www.swansea.gov.uk/outdooractivities
https://scbt.org.uk/about/boat-trips/
Check on the boat trip,think it may start up again in February,if it's a nice day it's worth it IMO
Joe's ice cream is the best IMO
Enjoy your trip
First time in Swansea on 22:32 - Jan 23 with 7145 viewsBournedore

First time in Swansea on 22:23 - Jan 23 by grfn

Unfortunately i wont have any car - we will take bus from London to Swansea.
@LeonWasGod i read that Oystermouth Castle is closed now - is it worth to come there and look at it from outside, if we cannot enter it ( http://www.swansea.gov.uk/oystermouthcastle - info about closing)
We will definitely visit Mumbles though, even if just for Joe's Ice Cream.

Remember to order the freshly made stuff that is in drums on site and only comes in vanilla. Don't be swayed by the flavoured stuff in tubs in the counter - it ain't the same!!
First time in Swansea on 22:39 - Jan 23 with 7089 viewsairedale

Us locals call Oystermouth, Mumbles. The Mumbles are actually rocks in the sea down there. Just mentioning this because buses mat say Oystermouth as their destination.

Where you coming from grfn?
First time in Swansea on 22:47 - Jan 23 with 7054 viewsJethroJack

First time in Swansea on 21:50 - Jan 23 by somersetsimon

Must be something wrong with their taste buds!
Joe's - simply the best in the whole wide world.
First time in Swansea on 22:50 - Jan 23 with 7033 viewsgrfn

First time in Swansea on 22:39 - Jan 23 by airedale

Us locals call Oystermouth, Mumbles. The Mumbles are actually rocks in the sea down there. Just mentioning this because buses mat say Oystermouth as their destination.

Where you coming from grfn?

Poland :)
First time in Swansea on 22:54 - Jan 23 with 7002 viewsexhmrc1

please see the pm I have sent giving greater details of things to do
First time in Swansea on 22:56 - Jan 23 with 6983 viewsAngelRangelQS

Where are you staying?

If it were me I would check the weather forecast and go down Mumbles when the weather is nicest. There is plenty to do down there - loads of places to eat or have a drink, even if it's just chips as you walk along. There are a couple of games arcades there, crazy golf etc - it's a bit naff I know but fun to kill some time.

If you wanted to, you could always walk back into town from mumbles along the sea front - grab yourself a hot chocolate or something as you go. If you do that, you can also go to Singleton park (though not sure there's much to do in winter) and then head to the marina via grape and olive which is good for a drink and some decent views. That's the best part of a day sorted.

As someone else mentioned, LC2 is an indoor water park. Not sure how good it is but would probably fit in quite nicely on the Tuesday. You could then go to Swansea Museum and the Waterfront museum as they are close by.

Shirts and scarves I'd probably get from the club shop.

Drinking before the game, the easiest is to go to Frankie and Bennys or harvester as they're right next to the ground. There are other pubs that are probably better which other posters can direct you to.

The town centre has ten pin bowling and two cinemas as well as an array of bars and restaurants. It's got a fair few shops but nothing too special. Can probably kill an hour or so around them though.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2017 23:08]
First time in Swansea on 23:03 - Jan 23 with 6946 viewsAngelRangelQS

First time in Swansea on 22:47 - Jan 23 by JethroJack

Must be something wrong with their taste buds!
Joe's - simply the best in the whole wide world.

I've never agreed with a post on planet swans more than I agree with this one
First time in Swansea on 23:04 - Jan 23 with 6934 viewsFireboy

First time in Swansea on 22:56 - Jan 23 by AngelRangelQS

Where are you staying?

If it were me I would check the weather forecast and go down Mumbles when the weather is nicest. There is plenty to do down there - loads of places to eat or have a drink, even if it's just chips as you walk along. There are a couple of games arcades there, crazy golf etc - it's a bit naff I know but fun to kill some time.

If you wanted to, you could always walk back into town from mumbles along the sea front - grab yourself a hot chocolate or something as you go. If you do that, you can also go to Singleton park (though not sure there's much to do in winter) and then head to the marina via grape and olive which is good for a drink and some decent views. That's the best part of a day sorted.

As someone else mentioned, LC2 is an indoor water park. Not sure how good it is but would probably fit in quite nicely on the Tuesday. You could then go to Swansea Museum and the Waterfront museum as they are close by.

Shirts and scarves I'd probably get from the club shop.

Drinking before the game, the easiest is to go to Frankie and Bennys or harvester as they're right next to the ground. There are other pubs that are probably better which other posters can direct you to.

The town centre has ten pin bowling and two cinemas as well as an array of bars and restaurants. It's got a fair few shops but nothing too special. Can probably kill an hour or so around them though.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2017 23:08]

Get into the railway before the game for a few beers
First time in Swansea on 23:05 - Jan 23 with 6928 viewsjack2jack

First time in Swansea on 22:50 - Jan 23 by grfn

Poland :)

Seriously, fair play that's a fair trip
First time in Swansea on 23:05 - Jan 23 with 6924 viewsLoyal

First time in Swansea on 23:04 - Jan 23 by Fireboy

Get into the railway before the game for a few beers

First time in Swansea on 23:08 - Jan 23 with 6906 viewsFireboy

First time in Swansea on 23:05 - Jan 23 by jack2jack

Seriously, fair play that's a fair trip

And after
First time in Swansea on 23:20 - Jan 23 with 6870 viewsJethroJack

First time in Swansea on 23:03 - Jan 23 by AngelRangelQS

I've never agreed with a post on planet swans more than I agree with this one

👌😊
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024