Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Foggy or what? 11:57 - Jan 24 with 671 viewsPegojack

Hey, boys, how's the fog through S. Wales?

I'm driving to the game straight after work tonight and at the moment you can't see your hand in front of your face here.
Foggy or what? on 12:19 - Jan 24 with 653 viewslifelong

Cloudy but clear in the Swansea area.
Foggy or what? on 13:31 - Jan 24 with 603 viewsdickythorpe

Raining but dry in Crymych
Foggy or what? on 14:08 - Jan 24 with 586 viewsPegojack

Foggy or what? on 13:31 - Jan 24 by dickythorpe

Raining but dry in Crymych

You stupid boy.
Foggy or what? on 10:24 - Jan 25 with 509 viewsPegojack

Loyal will love this, I'm going to have another moan.

Coming home after the match last night, decided to go M4, then up the A449, trying to avoid possible fog on Heads of the Valleys. This was reinforced by motorway signs fairly soon saying 'A465 closed at Hirwaun'. I've done the right thing, I think to myself.

After Port Talbot, start seeing regular signs saying ' M4 Ar Gau J26 - J25a', accompanied by picture of man with shovel. WTF is that, I think, is it just roadworks or closed, but never mind, they will alternate with an English version for us non Welsh speakers.

Do they Feck. It's Ar Gau, Ar Gau, Ar Gau all the way every couple of miles, with the odd interspersed 'A465 closed at Cefn Coed' in English. It's like they're taunting you - "you don't know what Ar Gau means, do you, but you can't risk diverting because you don't know where Cefn Coed is either, do you, mutherfekker, ha ha..."

Do the stupid feckers who put these signs up realize they don't help, they just confuse non Welsh speakers, in fact EVERYONE! I suspected Ar Gau meant closed, but wasn't sure, and since I've no idea where Cefn Coed is, I didn't want to go North at Cardiff and pick up the Heads of the Valleys at Merthyr in case that route was closed somewhere - like Cefn Coed, wherever TF that is.

I ended up having to divert through Newport and pick up the A449 at J24, cursing the useless fecks who operate the motorway signs all the way home. The fog was like pea soup after Raglan anyway.

Anyone know who I can e-mail with a complaint? I'm still P*ssed off now.
[Post edited 25 Jan 2017 12:47]
Foggy or what? on 12:16 - Jan 25 with 483 viewsCooperman

Foggy or what? on 10:24 - Jan 25 by Pegojack

Loyal will love this, I'm going to have another moan.

Coming home after the match last night, decided to go M4, then up the A449, trying to avoid possible fog on Heads of the Valleys. This was reinforced by motorway signs fairly soon saying 'A465 closed at Hirwaun'. I've done the right thing, I think to myself.

After Port Talbot, start seeing regular signs saying ' M4 Ar Gau J26 - J25a', accompanied by picture of man with shovel. WTF is that, I think, is it just roadworks or closed, but never mind, they will alternate with an English version for us non Welsh speakers.

Do they Feck. It's Ar Gau, Ar Gau, Ar Gau all the way every couple of miles, with the odd interspersed 'A465 closed at Cefn Coed' in English. It's like they're taunting you - "you don't know what Ar Gau means, do you, but you can't risk diverting because you don't know where Cefn Coed is either, do you, mutherfekker, ha ha..."

Do the stupid feckers who put these signs up realize they don't help, they just confuse non Welsh speakers, in fact EVERYONE! I suspected Ar Gau meant closed, but wasn't sure, and since I've no idea where Cefn Coed is, I didn't want to go North at Cardiff and pick up the Heads of the Valleys at Merthyr in case that route was closed somewhere - like Cefn Coed, wherever TF that is.

I ended up having to divert through Newport and pick up the A449 at J24, cursing the useless fecks who operate the motorway signs all the way home. The fog was like pea soup after Raglan anyway.

Anyone know who I can e-mail with a complaint? I'm still P*ssed off now.
[Post edited 25 Jan 2017 12:47]

I share your pain as I've been caught out a number of times. In the end I complained to the Highways Agency but didn't hear anything back (although I had it on good authority that the Highways Agency was the correct organisation to lobby).

My latest example... driving back from London last week on the M4 in the Reading area. Signs are blank for mile after mile and then a random one appears with 'M4 closed J13 to J14'; now if the M4 is shut this is probably the worst place it could be as the diversion would be horrendous. The next sign was blank was blank as was the following. So, my quandary is i) carry on and tough it out or ii) find an alternative route. The latter involved starting to fuk about with sat nav which starts to border on illegal so in the end (and because I was already pi55ed off) I decided to follow the M4 and see where it took me to. As it happens there wasn't a hint of trouble anywhere near J13 / J14.

In terms of the investment in this infrastructure, what a waste of money based on my experience of their effectiveness. As for the organisations that manage them, akin to Coach Bob.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024