Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Has football developed an unhealthy obsession with grief? 13:28 - Jan 25 with 5254 viewsmacthejack

https://sports.vice.com/en_uk/article/has-football-developed-an-unhealthy-obsess
Has football developed an unhealthy obsession with grief? on 13:30 - Jan 25 with 5244 viewsDafyddHuw

Yes.

Next.
Has football developed an unhealthy obsession with grief? on 13:32 - Jan 25 with 5232 viewsDarran

It's not just football.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Has football developed an unhealthy obsession with grief? on 13:32 - Jan 25 with 5228 viewsDr_Winston

The nation in general has to be honest, starting with the embarrassment that was the aftermath of Diana pegging it.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Has football developed an unhealthy obsession with grief? on 14:58 - Jan 25 with 5168 viewsblackjackwood

Has football developed an unhealthy obsession with grief? on 13:32 - Jan 25 by Dr_Winston

The nation in general has to be honest, starting with the embarrassment that was the aftermath of Diana pegging it.

Absolutely YES

Followed by Every radio /tv channel reporting for 24 hours on the progress of Fabrice Muamba . . . .
and last week on Hull's Ryan Mason
Has football developed an unhealthy obsession with grief? on 16:04 - Jan 25 with 5100 viewsswan65split

Has football developed an unhealthy obsession with grief? on 13:32 - Jan 25 by Darran

It's not just football.

What he says...........its rampant
Has football developed an unhealthy obsession with grief? on 16:09 - Jan 25 with 5085 viewsLeonWasGod

I've been saying it for a while on here, but you normally get shouted down. Armistice day was the biggy that everyone got their knickers in a twist over. Absolutely it should be remembered, and that's why there's a national 2 minutes silence, but it doesn't need to be replicated at sporting grounds all over the country.
Has football developed an unhealthy obsession with grief? on 16:20 - Jan 25 with 5070 viewsswanjackal

Has football developed an unhealthy obsession with grief? on 13:32 - Jan 25 by Dr_Winston

"Diana pegging it"?

No wonder Dodi looked uncomfortable when sitting.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Has football developed an unhealthy obsession with grief? on 18:30 - Jan 25 with 4952 viewslonglostjack

I blame Facebook babes

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Login to get fewer ads

Has football developed an unhealthy obsession with grief? on 18:41 - Jan 25 with 4928 viewsjack2jack

Well on the other hand what is a minute of people's time to pay respect to someone,
Jesus it's all me me me these days and fck everyone else, does it really hurt anyone,I'm not saying there should be overkill on this but flipping heck, the journo must have been bored to think that one up.Lets move on and let people do what they want to do in paying respects to whomever they want.
Has football developed an unhealthy obsession with grief? on 20:04 - Jan 25 with 4873 viewsGowerjack

#prayforBesian

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Has football developed an unhealthy obsession with grief? on 20:10 - Jan 25 with 4862 viewsdailew

Has football developed an unhealthy obsession with grief? on 18:41 - Jan 25 by jack2jack

Well on the other hand what is a minute of people's time to pay respect to someone,
Jesus it's all me me me these days and fck everyone else, does it really hurt anyone,I'm not saying there should be overkill on this but flipping heck, the journo must have been bored to think that one up.Lets move on and let people do what they want to do in paying respects to whomever they want.

That's the point though.

All this grief by proxy is all about "me me". Look at me grieving and caring for someone with whom I had next to no connection.

Poppy fascism is all about the wearer.
[Post edited 25 Jan 2017 20:21]

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

Has football developed an unhealthy obsession with grief? on 20:16 - Jan 25 with 4848 viewsDarran

Mary Tyler Moore RIP.

Has football developed an unhealthy obsession with grief? on 20:19 - Jan 25 with 4840 viewsphact0rri

I don't know if there's any problem with respecting people's lives and battles with adversity. It also brings the grounds together, and crosses those club rivalry lines in condolence. It makes supporters remember those sitting on opposite ends are human, and just like you. Not villians...

Maybe I'm on the off, but I find it beautiful.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Has football developed an unhealthy obsession with grief? on 20:23 - Jan 25 with 4826 viewsskippyjack

It's just for self appreciation moments.. nobody really gives a genuine f*ck.

Just like Christmas.. nobody gives a f*ck, they just want a piss up.

The whole world is full of faux outrage..

either that or we're a world full of autistics.. another made up concept.

The world has genuinely gone insane.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Has football developed an unhealthy obsession with grief? on 20:27 - Jan 25 with 4816 viewsKingBony

Has football developed an unhealthy obsession with grief? on 18:30 - Jan 25 by longlostjack

I blame Facebook babes

I blame the "send nudes" culture

Daddy Daddy cool, Daddy Daddy cool

Has football developed an unhealthy obsession with grief? on 20:34 - Jan 25 with 4794 viewsjack2jack

Has football developed an unhealthy obsession with grief? on 20:10 - Jan 25 by dailew

That's the point though.

All this grief by proxy is all about "me me". Look at me grieving and caring for someone with whom I had next to no connection.

Poppy fascism is all about the wearer.
[Post edited 25 Jan 2017 20:21]

No it's about respect mate.If people can't genuinely show grief and respect,the world if fcked, trouble is if you show people you care they think your an attention seeker FFS.I respect your opinion,but I have mine,and I won't change that to conform with what considered the norm in this discussion.I loves a mass debate!
Has football developed an unhealthy obsession with grief? on 21:37 - Jan 25 with 4708 viewsLoyal

Has football developed an unhealthy obsession with grief? on 13:32 - Jan 25 by Darran

It's not just football.

People love it, a bit of grief, I have a relative who loves a good funeral, loves buying a new hat for them. It's the eastenders soap opera culture. Lives are so sad they delight in the grief.

My suggestion is that all games start with a minutes applause for every cnt that has died that week.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Has football developed an unhealthy obsession with grief? on 22:03 - Jan 25 with 4674 viewslonglostjack

Has football developed an unhealthy obsession with grief? on 21:37 - Jan 25 by Loyal

People love it, a bit of grief, I have a relative who loves a good funeral, loves buying a new hat for them. It's the eastenders soap opera culture. Lives are so sad they delight in the grief.

My suggestion is that all games start with a minutes applause for every cnt that has died that week.

Those poor people, mowed down by a bus that was on it's way to Barking, definitely deserve a minutes clap.

Has football developed an unhealthy obsession with grief? on 23:29 - Jan 25 with 4592 viewsLoyal

Has football developed an unhealthy obsession with grief? on 22:03 - Jan 25 by longlostjack

Those poor people, mowed down by a bus that was on it's way to Barking, definitely deserve a minutes clap.

Death is an awful thing, but it's very common.
I think about it every day.
I think we all do.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Has football developed an unhealthy obsession with grief? on 23:46 - Jan 25 with 4575 viewsAngelRangelQS

Has football developed an unhealthy obsession with grief? on 20:34 - Jan 25 by jack2jack

No it's about respect mate.If people can't genuinely show grief and respect,the world if fcked, trouble is if you show people you care they think your an attention seeker FFS.I respect your opinion,but I have mine,and I won't change that to conform with what considered the norm in this discussion.I loves a mass debate!

I don't see how it's attention seeking to clap at a specified time along with tens of thousands of other people to show some respect/support to someone who has died or someone going through a tough time.

It may be a little gesture but I imagine it goes a long way if it's your family member who has died.
Has football developed an unhealthy obsession with grief? on 13:10 - Jan 26 with 4447 viewsjack2jack

Has football developed an unhealthy obsession with grief? on 23:46 - Jan 25 by AngelRangelQS

I don't see how it's attention seeking to clap at a specified time along with tens of thousands of other people to show some respect/support to someone who has died or someone going through a tough time.

It may be a little gesture but I imagine it goes a long way if it's your family member who has died.

Agreed
Has football developed an unhealthy obsession with grief? on 14:27 - Jan 26 with 4413 viewsblackjackwood

Has football developed an unhealthy obsession with grief? on 23:46 - Jan 25 by AngelRangelQS

I don't go to a stadium to pay my respects to any of thousands . . . millions of dying/dead causes . . . .I go to a football match . . . to watch a game of football !!!
I pay my respects in my own time and place.
Has football developed an unhealthy obsession with grief? on 20:23 - Jan 27 with 4307 viewsDarran

This kind of shit gets on my fuçking tits too.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4164348/Tottenham-wear-Ryan-Ma

Has football developed an unhealthy obsession with grief? on 20:29 - Jan 27 with 4301 viewsjack2jack

Has football developed an unhealthy obsession with grief? on 20:23 - Jan 27 by Darran

This kind of shit gets on my fuçking tits too.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4164348/Tottenham-wear-Ryan-Ma

Yeah well that is taking it a bit too far. I'm sure he will be fine and is getting the best care money can buy.
Has football developed an unhealthy obsession with grief? on 21:03 - Jan 27 with 4285 viewslonglostjack

Has football developed an unhealthy obsession with grief? on 14:27 - Jan 26 by blackjackwood

I don't go to a stadium to pay my respects to any of thousands . . . millions of dying/dead causes . . . .I go to a football match . . . to watch a game of football !!!
I pay my respects in my own time and place.

Exactly. Gets on my man boobs. When I think what the older generation went through. They'd be permanently bloody clapping.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024