Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
HMRC being pushed to get tough with super-rich...including footballers 01:51 - Jan 27 with 1045 viewsDJack

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-38764923

The report highlighted particular concern about tax evasion in the football industry and the "misuse" of image rights to reduce tax liabilities.
The committee revealed that 43 players, 12 clubs and eight agents were currently the subject of "open inquiries" by HMRC. However, it said that in some cases clubs were failing to co-operate fully with the tax inspectors.
"We were appalled to hear that not all football clubs are providing HMRC with data under a voluntary agreement struck with the English Premier League," said the report.

...p.s. Where's the "popcorn" smiley?

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

HMRC being pushed to get tough with super-rich...including footballers on 09:06 - Jan 27 with 974 viewsSmellyplumz

About time, now just for Google, Ebay, Vodaphone, Starbucks ect to pay their fair share. remember kids we are all in it together!!!

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

HMRC being pushed to get tough with super-rich...including footballers on 09:32 - Jan 27 with 955 viewsJango

It's not just the super rich. There's self employed contractors in work with me earning over £3500 a week and paying less tax than 3rd year apprentices on £400 a week, it's farcical
HMRC being pushed to get tough with super-rich...including footballers on 09:35 - Jan 27 with 951 viewsLeonWasGod

HMRC being pushed to get tough with super-rich...including footballers on 09:06 - Jan 27 by Smellyplumz

About time, now just for Google, Ebay, Vodaphone, Starbucks ect to pay their fair share. remember kids we are all in it together!!!

Innit. They're right to clamp down on clubs, but the extra £158m they've identified from clubs is a drop in the ocean compared to what they let the City and big business get away with.
HMRC being pushed to get tough with super-rich...including footballers on 09:43 - Jan 27 with 941 viewsSmellyplumz

HMRC being pushed to get tough with super-rich...including footballers on 09:35 - Jan 27 by LeonWasGod

Innit. They're right to clamp down on clubs, but the extra £158m they've identified from clubs is a drop in the ocean compared to what they let the City and big business get away with.

And when you factor in that these big companies dont hide the fact they are dodging tax but simply threaten to leave the country its all the more annoying but then when you think that half the mps have a job on the board of these companies its not hard to see why they get away with it.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."

HMRC being pushed to get tough with super-rich...including footballers on 09:44 - Jan 27 with 940 viewsSmellyplumz

HMRC being pushed to get tough with super-rich...including footballers on 09:32 - Jan 27 by Jango

It's not just the super rich. There's self employed contractors in work with me earning over £3500 a week and paying less tax than 3rd year apprentices on £400 a week, it's farcical

3.5k a week!!! phuck me doing what??

HMRC being pushed to get tough with super-rich...including footballers on 09:44 - Jan 27 with 938 viewsblueytheblue

HMRC being pushed to get tough with super-rich...including footballers on 09:32 - Jan 27 by Jango

Which industry, out of interest?

Poll: Alternate POTY final

HMRC being pushed to get tough with super-rich...including footballers on 12:13 - Jan 27 with 871 viewsskippyjack

They can attempt to dodge the 'law' all they want.. they'll get punished.. It's usually mentally..

People will target them for dodging tax.. this doesn't go unpunished..

They can stand all proud and 'confident' as they want.. but mentally they're getting tortured.

This is Her Majesty's tax... have you picked up a book on British History?.. the punishments for tax avoidance.. they actively killed people.

But people are unwilling to behave themselves.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

HMRC being pushed to get tough with super-rich...including footballers on 12:19 - Jan 27 with 862 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

HMRC being pushed to get tough with super-rich...including footballers on 09:44 - Jan 27 by blueytheblue

Which industry, out of interest?

all business bluey.

Hows your tax returns going, dont forget the back of the sofa now

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Login to get fewer ads

HMRC being pushed to get tough with super-rich...including footballers on 12:21 - Jan 27 with 854 viewsblueytheblue

HMRC being pushed to get tough with super-rich...including footballers on 12:19 - Jan 27 by oh_tommy_tommy

all business bluey.

Hows your tax returns going, dont forget the back of the sofa now

Mine are perfectly fine, Tommy. All done and paid, thanks for asking.

My question was pertaining to the fact some professions are far more prone to tax evasion by being cash in hand for the most part. Cash in hand is most of the reason Greece was.is in the brown stuff.

HMRC being pushed to get tough with super-rich...including footballers on 12:49 - Jan 27 with 813 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

HMRC being pushed to get tough with super-rich...including footballers on 12:21 - Jan 27 by blueytheblue

Mine are perfectly fine, Tommy. All done and paid, thanks for asking.

My question was pertaining to the fact some professions are far more prone to tax evasion by being cash in hand for the most part. Cash in hand is most of the reason Greece was.is in the brown stuff.

I know plenty of business men , all hard working ,they are all at it.

HMRC being pushed to get tough with super-rich...including footballers on 12:55 - Jan 27 with 795 viewsblueytheblue

HMRC being pushed to get tough with super-rich...including footballers on 12:49 - Jan 27 by oh_tommy_tommy

I know plenty of business men , all hard working ,they are all at it.

"All" is a very strong term to use tommy. Very perjorative.

Those who evade tax I've no problem with being chased down and made to pay.

Avoidance however is a different kettle of fish. You can make X profit resulting in a CT liability of Y. If you lower profits by instead investing in additional staff training, meaning a lower CT bill is that in itself evil?

Let's not also forget Labour made a £5m or so profit last financial year and paid zero Corporation Tax.

The underlying problem is that the tax system is ridiculously overly complex. It needs to be simplified a hell of a lot imo. People complain about businesses getting tax breaks - I don't agree on that score. It's a global economy these days. It's all well and good being dogmatic "everyone must pay 20%" or whatever - but if another country has a lower rate, where will that business go resulting on loss of jobs?

That doesn't absolve companies that take the piss. It a truism that lower tax rates attract investment from businesses which leads to additional jobs. If it's a sweetener to get people into work, eh so be it. What's the alternative? State create jobs themselves so we all become public sector workers?

HMRC being pushed to get tough with super-rich...including footballers on 13:01 - Jan 27 with 787 viewstylagarwjack

HMRC being pushed to get tough with super-rich...including footballers on 12:55 - Jan 27 by blueytheblue

Avoidance however is a different kettle of fish. You can make X profit resulting in a CT liability of Y. If you lower profits by instead investing in additional staff training, meaning a lower CT bill is that in itself evil?

Let's not also forget Labour made a £5m or so profit last financial year and paid zero Corporation Tax.

The underlying problem is that the tax system is ridiculously overly complex. It needs to be simplified a hell of a lot imo. People complain about businesses getting tax breaks - I don't agree on that score. It's a global economy these days. It's all well and good being dogmatic "everyone must pay 20%" or whatever - but if another country has a lower rate, where will that business go resulting on loss of jobs?

That doesn't absolve companies that take the piss. It a truism that lower tax rates attract investment from businesses which leads to additional jobs. If it's a sweetener to get people into work, eh so be it. What's the alternative? State create jobs themselves so we all become public sector workers?

What gets me is where MPs complain about tax avoidance when they are in a position to do something about it i.e. change the law to close loopholes.
HMRC being pushed to get tough with super-rich...including footballers on 13:10 - Jan 27 with 779 viewsblueytheblue

HMRC being pushed to get tough with super-rich...including footballers on 13:01 - Jan 27 by tylagarwjack

What gets me is where MPs complain about tax avoidance when they are in a position to do something about it i.e. change the law to close loopholes.

You talk about loopholes - define loopholes. The tax system is so overly bloated it can never cover every eventuality, and fails because it tries to.

You also need to bear in mind there's no absolute unless tested in a court of law. HMRC have their particular view and interpretation of tax regulations and guidance. Accountants may well have a differing view. Again neither view is an absolute until tested in a court where a precedent is set.

HMRC aren't always correct in their view. I've known situations where genuine contractors have conceded IR35 status despite *not* being inside IR35 because they've decided paying money they shouldn't have was easier than fighting the battle.

HMRC being pushed to get tough with super-rich...including footballers on 13:20 - Jan 27 with 765 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

HMRC being pushed to get tough with super-rich...including footballers on 12:55 - Jan 27 by blueytheblue

yep "All" of them .

You do it as well Bluey .

HMRC being pushed to get tough with super-rich...including footballers on 13:23 - Jan 27 with 760 viewsblueytheblue

HMRC being pushed to get tough with super-rich...including footballers on 13:20 - Jan 27 by oh_tommy_tommy

yep "All" of them .

You do it as well Bluey .

Do what, Tommy be precise.

Avoidance or evasion?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024