Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Taylor + £5m for Ayew agreed 11:46 - Jan 30 with 22933 viewsAngelRangelQS

Personal terms being discussed.

Source: Walesonline
Taylor + £5m for Ayew agreed on 11:49 - Jan 30 with 10739 viewspencoedjack

That seems steep to me as crap as I believe Taylor to be
Taylor + £5m for Ayew agreed on 11:53 - Jan 30 with 10673 viewsBirchgrovejack

It's that magic £5m again, sounds about right
Taylor + £5m for Ayew agreed on 11:56 - Jan 30 with 10613 viewspencoedjack

What is Taylor valued at ?

As shite as we believe he is at the end of the day a 27 year old PL international defender has a fair bit of value

Palace just paid 14 million for a shite one
Taylor + £5m for Ayew agreed on 11:58 - Jan 30 with 10570 viewsGriffting

Taylor + £5m for Ayew agreed on 11:56 - Jan 30 by pencoedjack

As shite as we believe he is at the end of the day a 27 year old PL international defender has a fair bit of value

Was quoted to be valued at 3-4 million by the club earlier in the window.
Taylor + £5m for Ayew agreed on 11:58 - Jan 30 with 10568 viewswaynekerr55

As shown by the Casey's fiasco, Huw our self appointed DoF is about as numerically literate as Keith Floyd after 10 bottles of Malbec.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Taylor + £5m for Ayew agreed on 11:58 - Jan 30 with 10563 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Taylor + £5m for Ayew agreed on 11:49 - Jan 30 by pencoedjack

That seems steep to me as crap as I believe Taylor to be

Swansea is giving up possibly our 3rd choice left back now, and getting a 1st choice wing who can also be a backup striker.

Villa is getting rid of their first choice attacking player, and getting a likely 2nd choice left back.

£5m seems pretty reasonable when it's framed in that context.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Taylor + £5m for Ayew agreed on 12:00 - Jan 30 with 10514 viewsUppa_Swans

I wish it was Kodjia coming here. Not fussed at all on Ayew.
Taylor + £5m for Ayew agreed on 12:01 - Jan 30 with 10502 viewsLandore_Jack

"However, this season he has managed just three goals in 22 appearances and Bruce seems happy to let the Frenchman depart in return for securing Taylor's services."

#backtojack

Login to get fewer ads

Taylor + £5m for Ayew agreed on 12:01 - Jan 30 with 10501 viewstomdickharry

If true probably Mr Clement considers that Ayew will be more of an asset to us in our drive to stay in the PL than Taylor.
Taylor + £5m for Ayew agreed on 12:01 - Jan 30 with 10499 viewspencoedjack

Taylor + £5m for Ayew agreed on 11:58 - Jan 30 by Tummer_from_Texas

Swansea is giving up possibly our 3rd choice left back now, and getting a 1st choice wing who can also be a backup striker.

Villa is getting rid of their first choice attacking player, and getting a likely 2nd choice left back.

£5m seems pretty reasonable when it's framed in that context.

That's not really true though, until Taylor injured his jaw he was 1st choice and has been for many seasons
Taylor + £5m for Ayew agreed on 12:03 - Jan 30 with 10447 viewsJoe_bradshaw

I don't think we can have our cake and eat it. We can't say Taylor is utter dogshite and expect good money for him.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Taylor + £5m for Ayew agreed on 12:03 - Jan 30 with 10441 viewsAngelRangelQS

Then at the same time, Olsson cost £4.5m and Jenkinson was rumoured to be available for a few million too.

What do you think Ayew's value is? One reasonable season in the Prem, followed by what looks like a very average season in the Championship... £10m? 25 years of age so maybe just entering his prime.

Happy enough with the signing if it happens. Nice to have options along the front 3 - He probably gives us the same thing as Enner Valencia would have done in terms of where he can play.
Taylor + £5m for Ayew agreed on 12:05 - Jan 30 with 10399 viewsMorfa_Same

I think a centre back, right back and defensive midfielder are all more of a priority than a winger. We haven't even seen Narsingh play for us yet.

Last season Newcastle signed a load of attacking players and ignored their defence. They carried on shipping goals and went down.
Taylor + £5m for Ayew agreed on 12:05 - Jan 30 with 10374 viewsgosfordjack

Please let this be true.
Taylor + £5m for Ayew agreed on 12:06 - Jan 30 with 10367 viewsE20Jack

Taylor + £5m for Ayew agreed on 12:01 - Jan 30 by Landore_Jack

"However, this season he has managed just three goals in 22 appearances and Bruce seems happy to let the Frenchman depart in return for securing Taylor's services."

He's playing really well for France in the ACON.

On a serious note, I don't believe this to be steep at all. I would happily accept £3m for Taylor. Ayew was bought for £9m and was their best player in their Premier League team and impressed me a lot. Their fans think he lost interest when relegated which sometimes happens when big players drop down a league (thats not to excuse him).

Im all for this and would be a huge upgrade on Routledge, Barrow and Montero.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Taylor + £5m for Ayew agreed on 12:13 - Jan 30 with 10257 viewsDr_Winston

Huw is f*cking shit at swap deals.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Taylor + £5m for Ayew agreed on 12:16 - Jan 30 with 10210 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Isn't the big problem that Ayew is playing away in the African Cup, so how does he have a Medical and sign the contract?
Taylor + £5m for Ayew agreed on 12:16 - Jan 30 with 10198 viewsjacksnotgoingdown

I know he's not good enough and isn't worth keeping for the sake of his nationality, but does anyone else find it depressing that if Taylor goes we won't have any Welsh first teamers anymore? Should have got Allen and considered Chester instead of van der Hoorn
Taylor + £5m for Ayew agreed on 12:17 - Jan 30 with 10168 viewsDr_Winston

Taylor + £5m for Ayew agreed on 12:16 - Jan 30 by jacksnotgoingdown

I know he's not good enough and isn't worth keeping for the sake of his nationality, but does anyone else find it depressing that if Taylor goes we won't have any Welsh first teamers anymore? Should have got Allen and considered Chester instead of van der Hoorn

Couldn't care less.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Taylor + £5m for Ayew agreed on 12:19 - Jan 30 with 10139 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Taylor + £5m for Ayew agreed on 12:01 - Jan 30 by pencoedjack

That's not really true though, until Taylor injured his jaw he was 1st choice and has been for many seasons

In any case, he's surplus to our needs now, while we could clearly use help on the wings.

A good, aggressive move by the club. Definitely a good window for the club if this comes off, and it becomes a great one if we still add some one more quality CB.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Taylor + £5m for Ayew agreed on 12:20 - Jan 30 with 10139 viewsAngelRangelQS

Taylor + £5m for Ayew agreed on 12:16 - Jan 30 by A_Fans_Dad

Isn't the big problem that Ayew is playing away in the African Cup, so how does he have a Medical and sign the contract?

There are rumours on one of the Aston Villa forums taken from some bloke on twitter (yeah I know but the Villa fans seem to respect him, whoever he is, as being a reliable source) that Ayew undertook an extensive medical with a club before travelling to the ACON.
Taylor + £5m for Ayew agreed on 12:31 - Jan 30 with 9935 viewspencoedjack

Taylor + £5m for Ayew agreed on 12:19 - Jan 30 by Tummer_from_Texas

In any case, he's surplus to our needs now, while we could clearly use help on the wings.

A good, aggressive move by the club. Definitely a good window for the club if this comes off, and it becomes a great one if we still add some one more quality CB.

I disagree that's it 'aggressive by the club 'in fact it's very weak

Van Arnolt has just been sold for 14 million Sunderland fans rate him like we rate Taylor

I want Taylor out & Ayew in but this shows the clubs shite transfer dealings
Taylor + £5m for Ayew agreed on 12:33 - Jan 30 with 9892 viewsairedale

Taylor + £5m for Ayew agreed on 12:19 - Jan 30 by Tummer_from_Texas

Right, and I think that Jordon will suit us as a player too.
Taylor + £5m for Ayew agreed on 12:37 - Jan 30 with 9834 viewsLoyal

Taylor + £5m for Ayew agreed on 12:16 - Jan 30 by A_Fans_Dad

you don't need to be near any club you are signing to to complete all the fitness checks and paperwork. It rarely happens these days.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Taylor + £5m for Ayew agreed on 12:38 - Jan 30 with 9794 viewspencoedjack

If I was a car salesman I'd love to do a part ex deal with most of you lot
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024