Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pablo Insua 06:03 - Jan 31 with 6732 viewsMyFinalHeaven

Marca is saying that we have agreed a deal to loan him in for a loan fee of €1m. He's a 23 year old centre half currently playing for the newly promoted and 17th placed Leganes, on loan from Deportivo:

http://www.marca.com/futbol/leganes/2017/01/30/588f8209e5fdea43588b462a.html

Not unlike many of our targets, this one is quite puzzling. Insua is a lad with hardly any top flight experience (to date he's only had 29 starts in the top flight) and was relegated before with Deportivo in 2013. We need someone decent and proven, not a young prospect who is FAR from ready to being thrown in the deep end. Did we not already make this mistake when we signed Alfie Mawson?

It looks like Jenkins is merely going with the dirt cheap option yet again, this time to appease the hoards of fans screaming for a centre back.
[Post edited 31 Jan 2017 14:09]

Come on you Swans.

Pablo Insua on 07:30 - Jan 31 with 5713 viewspencoedjack

If that happens wouldn't be surprised if Amat went the other way
Pablo Insua on 07:41 - Jan 31 with 5659 views34dfgdf54

Pablo Insua on 07:30 - Jan 31 by pencoedjack

If that happens wouldn't be surprised if Amat went the other way

Was thinking the same.

To be honest, I'm not a massive Amat fan, but I will be surprised if this lad is any better looking at his record.
Pablo Insua on 07:46 - Jan 31 with 5635 viewsThornburyswan

Looks like a cheap lastminute.com option to me to cover injuries/3 at the back options etc bit like we used to do up front e.g, Shecter, Ngog etc

No issues with it other than I wonder how hard we tried for a first team CB to become our 1st name on the team sheet.
Pablo Insua on 07:55 - Jan 31 with 5564 viewspremierjack

Some 'fans' will never be happy.

If this happens, I'm sure it's a PC signing and I trust he knows what he's talking about.
Pablo Insua on 08:05 - Jan 31 with 5509 viewsAngelRangelQS

Pablo Insua on 07:55 - Jan 31 by premierjack

If this happens, I'm sure it's a PC signing and I trust he knows what he's talking about.

No - we should have tried for one of the many experienced and quality centre backs that have been moving clubs in this window.
Pablo Insua on 09:32 - Jan 31 with 5229 viewsJango

He'll of a lot more top flight experience than Williams did at that age. People are moaning about not signing a centre half, then moan when we are linked with one. Who on earth do people think we are gonna bring in?
Pablo Insua on 10:52 - Jan 31 with 4988 viewspremierjack

Pablo Insua on 08:05 - Jan 31 by AngelRangelQS

No - we should have tried for one of the many experienced and quality centre backs that have been moving clubs in this window.

Like who??

How do you know we didn't try and either their club wouldn't let them leave or they refuse to come?
Pablo Insua on 11:00 - Jan 31 with 4942 viewsLegend83

Pablo Insua on 10:52 - Jan 31 by premierjack

Like who??

How do you know we didn't try and either their club wouldn't let them leave or they refuse to come?

Equally, if we needed to free up a space there is always the possibility no-one was interested in taking Amat or VdH.
Login to get fewer ads

Pablo Insua on 11:05 - Jan 31 with 4899 viewsAustinIsOurHero

Put's an end to that then. No CB for us.

Poll: How many points will be get from the next two games?

Pablo Insua on 11:10 - Jan 31 with 4847 viewsAngelRangelQS

Like who??

That's the point I was trying to make mate.

No CBs that fit the bill for what we need have moved this month
Pablo Insua on 11:26 - Jan 31 with 4695 viewsmagicdaps10

Obviously actively looking for a centre half but have given up with over 36 hours of the window left.

We have 25 men in place to fill the squad and with little to no chance of moving the required numbers on, they will not want to pay someone who is not in that 25 man squad.

Falls down to money again.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Pablo Insua on 11:51 - Jan 31 with 4565 viewsthereisnospoon

Pablo Insua on 11:10 - Jan 31 by AngelRangelQS

That's the point I was trying to make mate.

No CBs that fit the bill for what we need have moved this month

this is absolute rubbish. jose fonte moved this month and he would have fit the bill perfectly. then there's ranocchia

and this window isn't even over yet
Pablo Insua on 12:03 - Jan 31 with 4482 viewsmagicdaps10

Pablo Insua on 11:51 - Jan 31 by thereisnospoon

this is absolute rubbish. jose fonte moved this month and he would have fit the bill perfectly. then there's ranocchia

Quite obvious that the Rannochia one was a goer and that the Insua one is a goer.........wityh the latter looked at only in the last few days.

So, to tell the fans that they are happy with the four here is absolute lies.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Pablo Insua on 12:06 - Jan 31 with 4461 viewsMyFinalHeaven

Pablo Insua on 07:55 - Jan 31 by premierjack

Oh please.

What's there to be happy about? If this signing does indeed happen, we'll be signing a kid with hardly no top flight experience who has plied his trade almost exclusively in the lower leagues. We should stick with what we have or promote a guy our U23s than putting this lad on the wage bill. The last thing we need is another useless mannequin of a centre half earning a salary from us.

If we are sitting comfortably in the midtable and in no danger of being relegated I might be for this, but with the position we're in, now is NOT the time to be wasting money and rolling the dice on random youngsters that no one else wants.

And what makes you think this is a Clement signing? There's literally no indication to suggest this. Not only that, but we've signed 4 players so far in this window--Carroll, Olsson, Narsingh, and Ayew--and all of them were targets long before Clement was ever appointed manager. In all likelihood this one falls under the Jenkins/Leadbeater banner like the other 4.

Come on you Swans.

Pablo Insua on 12:26 - Jan 31 with 4357 views34dfgdf54

People keep going on about Jose Fonte, he would have never come to us in a million years, he's on ridiculous money and had an ego too big for Southampton, the last thing he would have done is signed for us.
Pablo Insua on 12:33 - Jan 31 with 4289 viewsAngelRangelQS

So Fonte would have come here would he?

Ranocchia was roundly criticised by many on here. Does he speak English?
Pablo Insua on 12:39 - Jan 31 with 4220 viewsthereisnospoon

Pablo Insua on 12:26 - Jan 31 by 34dfgdf54

People keep going on about Jose Fonte, he would have never come to us in a million years, he's on ridiculous money and had an ego too big for Southampton, the last thing he would have done is signed for us.

fonte doesn't have an ego too big for saints. that's an utterly ridiculous claim, and you're a complete bellend if you believe that. if he did he would have never went down divisions to join them when they were in league one (and under administration no less). or stay there for OVER 7 YEARS as offers came in over the years from bigger and better clubs.

but the issue isn't whether he would have come to us. the bloke i quoted was going on about CBs that "fit the bill for what we need." fonte would have been exactly what we needed--a highly experienced, PL proven player
[Post edited 31 Jan 2017 12:54]
Pablo Insua on 12:42 - Jan 31 with 4194 viewsthereisnospoon

Pablo Insua on 12:33 - Jan 31 by AngelRangelQS

So Fonte would have come here would he?

Ranocchia was roundly criticised by many on here. Does he speak English?

please do not conveniently forget what you said. you were talking about "CBs that fit the bill for what we need," not CBs who are willing or unwilling to come here.
Pablo Insua on 12:45 - Jan 31 with 4149 viewsAngelRangelQS

Pablo Insua on 12:39 - Jan 31 by thereisnospoon

fonte doesn't have an ego too big for saints. that's an utterly ridiculous claim, and you're a complete bellend if you believe that. if he did he would have never went down divisions to join them when they were in league one (and under administration no less). or stay there for OVER 7 YEARS as offers came in over the years from bigger and better clubs.

but the issue isn't whether he would have come to us. the bloke i quoted was going on about CBs that "fit the bill for what we need." fonte would have been exactly what we needed--a highly experienced, PL proven player
[Post edited 31 Jan 2017 12:54]

Well surely it goes without saying that the players that fit the bill would also have wanted to come here?

Fonte would have probably been an option had we been even a couple of wins further up the table but only a lunatic would have turned down West Ham to come here. He'd have been a superb signing though.
Pablo Insua on 12:50 - Jan 31 with 4088 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Like who??

A defender choose a German club on loan instead of us .

That's the rumour from abroad .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Pablo Insua on 12:52 - Jan 31 with 4065 viewsAngelRangelQS

Pablo Insua on 12:50 - Jan 31 by oh_tommy_tommy

I wonder whether that was Badstuber?
Pablo Insua on 12:54 - Jan 31 with 4040 viewsswan_si

Pablo Insua on 12:50 - Jan 31 by oh_tommy_tommy

who is this broad, and how would a broad know anything about football?
Pablo Insua on 13:02 - Jan 31 with 3961 viewscrix

you could add ivanovic to the list
Pablo Insua on 13:09 - Jan 31 with 3895 viewsAngelRangelQS

Pablo Insua on 13:02 - Jan 31 by crix

you could add ivanovic to the list

Absolutely would have been a great signing. Can't compete with Zenit though.
Pablo Insua on 13:39 - Jan 31 with 3739 viewsJackupnorth

Pablo Insua on 12:54 - Jan 31 by swan_si

who is this broad, and how would a broad know anything about football?

My missus would make mincemeat of you for that.

She's had a season ticket at her hometown club from childhood.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024