Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leroy Fer 22:03 - Jan 31 with 11579 viewsGaz_M

A player who's come in for a lot of criticism this season - some deserved, most undeserved.

He had a superb game this evening. Sharp in the tackle (embarrassing Cork showing how it's done), good on the ball, and drove forward at times.

He's already been a good signing. Hopefully he continues to improve under a proper manager.
Leroy Fer on 22:09 - Jan 31 with 6864 viewsjack2jack

Always liked our Leroy, not always on top form,but he's a tryer,and puts himself about,I know he looks about clumbsy on times,but he is commited,just my opinion like.Other opinions are available obviuosly.
Leroy Fer on 22:10 - Jan 31 with 6855 viewsCambJack

Seems to have some confidence back, cracking shot first half too. He's definitely a more useful player in the attacking sense, but mind you the only reason he had to make that excellent slide tackle in the first half is because he dilly dallied on the ball too long and gave it away, as he often can do. Hopefully PC can coach that out of him and we'll have a good all round player
Leroy Fer on 22:11 - Jan 31 with 6841 viewsSwan91

Remember his previous clubs fans saying he didn't have the attitude... something must have changed in him because since coming to Swansea he has always showed to be a team player, runs often and tries.

Past 2 games he has been brilliant.
Leroy Fer on 22:11 - Jan 31 with 6829 viewsmagicdaps10

Not a holding midfielder! Attacking centre midfiielder who only plays when we play gylfi out wide.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Leroy Fer on 03:09 - Feb 1 with 6527 viewsGaz_M

Leroy Fer on 22:11 - Jan 31 by magicdaps10

Not a holding midfielder! Attacking centre midfiielder who only plays when we play gylfi out wide.

played superbly at holding today, like.
Leroy Fer on 03:20 - Feb 1 with 6514 viewsGriffting

I do like Fer as an option.
Gives us a bit of drive from midfield when he gets going.
Scares the absolute shite out of me anytime he turns towards our goal with the ball mind.
Leroy Fer on 06:50 - Feb 1 with 6378 viewsDr_Winston

Fer's been one of our key players all season, despite being a target for some of our less "astute" fans.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Leroy Fer on 07:20 - Feb 1 with 6328 viewsheadcleaner

The weak link in our midfield isn't fer it's Cork. Fer can be an imposing figure in central mid and I'd go with Tom thumb and Ki
Login to get fewer ads

Leroy Fer on 07:45 - Feb 1 with 6287 views34dfgdf54

Leroy Fer on 07:20 - Feb 1 by headcleaner

The weak link in our midfield isn't fer it's Cork. Fer can be an imposing figure in central mid and I'd go with Tom thumb and Ki

Fer was the best by a distance in our midfield yesterday.

Carroll and Cork made the Southampton lad Boufal look like Messi when he came on, looked a class act of a player mind you.

I was, like everyone over the moon with the result, but finding it hard to enjoy as much as I should as I still think we are desperately weak in central midfield, and right back. Impressed with Olsson again yesterday however.
Leroy Fer on 08:00 - Feb 1 with 6258 viewspencoedjack

Leroy Fer on 07:45 - Feb 1 by 34dfgdf54

Fer was the best by a distance in our midfield yesterday.

Carroll and Cork made the Southampton lad Boufal look like Messi when he came on, looked a class act of a player mind you.

I was, like everyone over the moon with the result, but finding it hard to enjoy as much as I should as I still think we are desperately weak in central midfield, and right back. Impressed with Olsson again yesterday however.

I have to agree about Cork, there was a post last night said he done the simple things right ..... The poster obviously watched a different game to me.

Back to subject, as the Dr says has come in for unfair criticism this season but I do wish he would cut out the fancy stuff around the 18 yard box he is defending.
Leroy Fer on 09:15 - Feb 1 with 6141 viewsPegojack

has an odd running style which makes it seem as if he's only going half pace, but it must be an optical illusion because he went round his marker with ease at one point on the by line to get into the area and put in a low cross which was cleared, all the while seeming like he was strolling.
Leroy Fer on 09:19 - Feb 1 with 6121 viewsWarwickHunt

Leroy Fer on 09:15 - Feb 1 by Pegojack

has an odd running style which makes it seem as if he's only going half pace, but it must be an optical illusion because he went round his marker with ease at one point on the by line to get into the area and put in a low cross which was cleared, all the while seeming like he was strolling.

As Tommy Docherty replied to someone who remarked on Leighton James' deceptive pace - "Aye, the lad's deceptive - he's slower than he looks."
Leroy Fer on 09:23 - Feb 1 with 6102 viewsItchySphincter

Leroy Fer on 06:50 - Feb 1 by Dr_Winston

Fer's been one of our key players all season, despite being a target for some of our less "astute" fans.

Very good player who hasn't put a foot wrong and has won us far more points than we're entitled to expect.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Leroy Fer on 09:26 - Feb 1 with 6095 viewsItchySphincter

Leroy Fer on 07:20 - Feb 1 by headcleaner

Ki?!! Once again he came on and turned attack in to defence with one ball. In his defence he did try to get back and defend but tbh he needn't have bothered. Gutted he's still here. Shipping him out and not bringing in a replacement would have immensely improved an already good transfer window for us.

Leroy Fer on 09:28 - Feb 1 with 6087 viewsWarwickHunt

Leroy Fer on 09:26 - Feb 1 by ItchySphincter

Ki?!! Once again he came on and turned attack in to defence with one ball. In his defence he did try to get back and defend but tbh he needn't have bothered. Gutted he's still here. Shipping him out and not bringing in a replacement would have immensely improved an already good transfer window for us.

Not a Ki fan? You should have said, mun.
Leroy Fer on 09:29 - Feb 1 with 6078 viewsItchySphincter

Leroy Fer on 09:28 - Feb 1 by WarwickHunt

Not a Ki fan? You should have said, mun.

He's alright.

Leroy Fer on 09:40 - Feb 1 with 6057 viewsMoscowJack

I think a lot of the criticism of Fer has been justified, even though I really enjoy watching him play. He reminds me so much of Shelvey in that respect. Fer can do things with the ball that nobody else in our team can and is able to move us from defence to attack with one sublime pass.

What I'm impressed with is his recent discipline without the ball. He seems to have really bought into what Clement is saying. Yes, he will make mistakes but if he didn't he wouldn't be a Swansea player!

We haven't got anyone else in the squad like him and I think our ability to stay up will depend quite a bit on Fer's availability and willingness to keep doing his defensive duties well.

I love seeing him shimmy past a opposition player or two and then slide a pass out wide to one of our wingers....or, as he did yesterday, play a sublime first-touch ball (at pace) into one of our front men.

He tired towards the end and had to be replaced but that did then coincide with a real backs-to-the-wall period for us. Maybe it was going to happen anyway, but Fer's strength and calmness on the ball might have helped us to retain SOME of the ball instead of just banging it anywhere.

Overall, it seem that Fer's learning from Clement and that's hugely encouraging for us all. Long may it continue as we're going to need it.

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

Leroy Fer on 09:56 - Feb 1 with 6021 viewsSS2013

Disagree, decent at best, he's way to error prone imo

Poll: Will Ayew be a Swansea player come Feb ?

Leroy Fer on 10:36 - Feb 1 with 5968 viewsLeonWasGod

Leroy Fer on 09:15 - Feb 1 by Pegojack

It deceived me as i thought he was poor last night. Didn't look like he was doing anywhere near enough in the middle. I didn't think any of them did - S'ton came through the middle at will and we only kept them out through a mixture of them not taking their chances and some last ditch defending on the edge of our box.

He was probably just doing the job he was told, but he didn't support Llorente anywhere near as well as he did up at Liverpool.

S'ton moved the ball really well though.
Leroy Fer on 11:20 - Feb 1 with 5913 viewsDafyddHuw

Leroy Fer on 06:50 - Feb 1 by Dr_Winston

I very disagree with this."Key player all season"my arse. I was so disappointed when he came here, and my opinion of him hasn't changed all season. Up until Clement and Makalele arrived.
I'm holding my hand up here. I never thought he was capable of last night's performance or the one at Anfield. If he keeps this level up for the rest of the season I'll admit to being less "astute". But let's see.
Leroy Fer on 12:10 - Feb 1 with 5864 viewsgiantstoneater

In a lot of respect I think Leroy is another Shelvey although a lot less petulant the talent is there for all to see but sometimes he just switches off but had another good game yesterday and his technique for his effort at goal that brought a good save out of their keeper was fantastic. In these days of modern coaching perhaps we could bring in someone who would work on his levels of concentration imagine what a fully focused Fer could do.
Leroy Fer on 12:19 - Feb 1 with 5851 viewsDr_Winston

Leroy Fer on 11:20 - Feb 1 by DafyddHuw

I very disagree with this."Key player all season"my arse. I was so disappointed when he came here, and my opinion of him hasn't changed all season. Up until Clement and Makalele arrived.
I'm holding my hand up here. I never thought he was capable of last night's performance or the one at Anfield. If he keeps this level up for the rest of the season I'll admit to being less "astute". But let's see.

You can disagree all you like. The goals and couple of assists he's already bagged despite not really playing in his best position say otherwise.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Leroy Fer on 19:24 - Feb 1 with 5655 viewsAussieSwan

rapt to see him back in the first XI. Yes he's been hot and cold, but being played out of position, particularly by Bradley, does not help. Offensively he definitely think he gives us another outlet, six goals and a few assists will attest to that

Notice that when our wingers get to wide positions he is always pushing into the box to try and get on the end of the crosses - see Llorente's 2nd goal at Anfield, for example. He's also always one of the first to get around the goalscorers after they hit the back of the net.

Think he loves the players, the fans, and the club as well. I'm a big fan of him.

Poll: If we're going to sign another defender...

Leroy Fer on 12:24 - Feb 2 with 5483 viewsWandererJack

PROS
Goal threat
Good passer
Good tackler
Great vision

CONS
Tires after 70 minutes.
Doesn't track runners reliably.

Fer has been a great value signing. A bargain, in fact.
Leroy Fer on 12:46 - Feb 2 with 5438 viewsLoyal

Leroy Fer on 12:24 - Feb 2 by WandererJack

PROS
Goal threat
Good passer
Good tackler
Great vision

CONS
Tires after 70 minutes.
Doesn't track runners reliably.

Fer has been a great value signing. A bargain, in fact.

another around 4-5 mill.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024