Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Makalele 10:45 - Feb 1 with 3681 viewsDafyddHuw

Someone itk was telling me this morning that the players are in awe of Makalele.
Our defence looks totally different than from 4 games ago.
How many times did you see Fernandez last night coming out of defence (not defense - I'm not American) with the ball at his feet? He never did that under Coach Bob or Guido. And we're organised, even though we haven't got the best quality in the back four. Makalele's deffo getting the best out of what we've got.

Claude may well turn out to be Clement's best bit of business this season.
Makalele on 10:49 - Feb 1 with 3502 viewsWhiterockin

Totally different setup and organisation under this management team. I particularly like the way when defending corners, we have to players on the edge of the box to clear headed clearances. This led directly to our second goal last night.
Makalele on 10:53 - Feb 1 with 3470 viewsSwan91

didn't look dodgy with defending set pieces last night and actually scored from one.... couldn't believe what I was seeing.

His contract is only till end of the season right? I wonder if he will stay if we will stay in the PL, or if he (like Clement) will try his hand at managing. Hopefully he will stay with us.
Makalele on 10:59 - Feb 1 with 3422 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Organisation and keeping our shape are what Clement and Claude have brought. Both Liverpool and Southampton had loads of the ball but were restricted to relatively few attempts on target. I still think we needed an experienced centre back though.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Makalele on 10:59 - Feb 1 with 3421 viewsswanjackal

One thing I am hoping that can be undone under the last two managers is the inability to actually clear a ball more than five yards. I got so frustrated watching the ball get to a player on the half volley in our area, and they then go on to slice/ head the ball upwards to remain in the mixer. It was amazing how poor we were at getting distance on clearances. These were not tactical slices to players so we can break away, these were intended to clear danger but failed miserably.

If we can sort this out, then a dramatic amount of pressure can be relieved on the defence after a cross/ set play is taken.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Makalele on 11:24 - Feb 1 with 3277 viewsLeonWasGod

Every time I see FF coming out of defence with the ball at his feet I'm expecting the worse. I'm not sure it's something we want to encourage!
Makalele on 12:40 - Feb 1 with 2993 viewsJango

Thought Cork was outstanding last night, best game of the season. Very disciplined, hardly moved from just in front of the back 4 and when he did he was very quick to get back in position and mopped up a lot of the play. Very similar to how makalele used to play. Makalele must be having a position be impact
Makalele on 12:47 - Feb 1 with 2914 viewsswanjackal

Makalele on 12:40 - Feb 1 by Jango

Thought Cork was outstanding last night, best game of the season. Very disciplined, hardly moved from just in front of the back 4 and when he did he was very quick to get back in position and mopped up a lot of the play. Very similar to how makalele used to play. Makalele must be having a position be impact

I thought he was very good first half too. Someone clearly drilled him on his duties and he stuck to it. Boufal caused him a headache when he came on,as he did Naughton, Carroll and Ki, but he done his role well.

The problem under the past two managers for me, especially with the two deep lying midfielders, neither knew what was expected of them, and they left cavernous gaps on times, if this is addressed we will go from conceding 2-3+ goals a game to 0-1 goals.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Makalele on 12:50 - Feb 1 with 2890 viewsAngelRangelQS

Makalele on 12:40 - Feb 1 by Jango

You tell Cork to sit in front of the back 4, give the ball to the more capable players then he's absolutely fine, IMO.
Login to get fewer ads

Makalele on 12:55 - Feb 1 with 2846 views34dfgdf54

Makalele on 12:50 - Feb 1 by AngelRangelQS

You tell Cork to sit in front of the back 4, give the ball to the more capable players then he's absolutely fine, IMO.

Unless he does that, and that only, then there really is no need for him in the team. He has the best tutor in Makelele.
Makalele on 12:59 - Feb 1 with 2804 viewsFlashberryjack

Makalele on 11:24 - Feb 1 by LeonWasGod

Every time I see FF coming out of defence with the ball at his feet I'm expecting the worse. I'm not sure it's something we want to encourage!

Exactly, any pass he made more than 10/15 yds usually went to the opposition.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Makalele on 13:01 - Feb 1 with 2790 viewsswanjackal

Makalele on 12:59 - Feb 1 by Flashberryjack

Exactly, any pass he made more than 10/15 yds usually went to the opposition.

In fairness, that goes for the majority of the squad.

Makalele on 13:07 - Feb 1 with 2743 viewsJFSwan

Seems to me that we are under instruction not to worry about stopping the crosses, but get set up well to clear them when they come in
Makalele on 14:58 - Feb 1 with 2400 viewsFireboy

Just waiting for dyss to come one with a negative post to disrupt this topic
Makalele on 15:17 - Feb 1 with 2308 viewsDr_Winston

Which is what Makalele did for much of his career.

Cork is a decent player, albeit one who hasn't had the best of seasons. He's far from alone in that though, and management with some semblance of a game plan has already shown itself capable of getting a number of them back to where they should be in terms of performances.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Makalele on 15:23 - Feb 1 with 2287 viewsdailew

Makalele on 11:24 - Feb 1 by LeonWasGod

Same here but amazingly he had the best pass completion rate last night (91%) !!

Cork second on 90%.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

Makalele on 15:32 - Feb 1 with 2254 viewsmax936

Ageed, his problems come when he's got to think and when he's got to much time on the ball, he's not perfect but he'll be fine for now.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Makalele on 16:07 - Feb 1 with 2168 viewsEasternJack

Naughton is definitely in awe of makelele - he momentarily fancied himself as a DM for their goal last night.

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Makalele on 16:13 - Feb 1 with 2138 viewsWarwickHunt

Makalele on 16:07 - Feb 1 by EasternJack

Naughton is definitely in awe of makelele - he momentarily fancied himself as a DM for their goal last night.

He was more ukulele than Makalele last night.
Makalele on 16:22 - Feb 1 with 2075 viewsDafyddHuw

Makalele on 16:13 - Feb 1 by WarwickHunt

He was more ukulele than Makalele last night.

Warwick - that ukelele/Makalele was too much of a stretch, butt.
Makalele on 16:58 - Feb 1 with 1980 viewsJBT95

Fernandez used to come out under FG. I can clearly remember him doing so at WHU away last year when we won 4-1.
Makalele on 16:59 - Feb 1 with 1973 viewsJack_Kass

Makelele is doing a tidy job as well.

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

Makalele on 17:02 - Feb 1 with 1949 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Cork appears to be timing his idiotic sprints out of the defensive line a little better. He's not running around like a headless chicken getting nowhere near the ball as much. I hope it is Makelele's or Clement's coaching and he hasn't just hit a bit of form.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Makalele on 17:12 - Feb 1 with 1896 viewsoldcob

Makalele on 17:02 - Feb 1 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Cork appears to be timing his idiotic sprints out of the defensive line a little better. He's not running around like a headless chicken getting nowhere near the ball as much. I hope it is Makelele's or Clement's coaching and he hasn't just hit a bit of form.

Is there anything about our club you like or approve of? Just asking.
Makalele on 17:16 - Feb 1 with 1862 viewsFireboy

Makalele on 17:02 - Feb 1 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

And there it is
Makalele on 17:18 - Feb 1 with 1853 viewsDarran

Got a massive cock too,apparently.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024