Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We turned down £30M+! 08:20 - Feb 2 with 1926 viewsDafyddHuw

Excellent. We turned down £30M+ for Gylfi from the Chinese league.

Will be a drop in the ocean if he keeps us up.
And if he doesn't, he won't want to play in the Prem so we'll get a shedload in the summer.

Didn't think we had the sense to turn down a big offer. Huw Jenkins will be in a mood for months.

Paul Clement would probably have walked if we'd got rid.

We really do need to plan for his possible move tho - he;s worth his weight in gold. Kept us up last season, doing fantastically this season.

Don't tell the Resurrection. He'll probably think we should have taken the money.
We turned down £30M+! on 08:24 - Feb 2 with 1898 viewsMrSwerve

Sauce?

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

We turned down £30M+! on 08:26 - Feb 2 with 1880 viewsNOTRAC

What this does show is how cheaply the club was sold for.
Almost half the money paid by the Americans could be recovered with the sale of one player.

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

We turned down £30M+! on 08:28 - Feb 2 with 1874 viewsDafyddHuw

We turned down £30M+! on 08:24 - Feb 2 by MrSwerve

Sauce?

BBC & Daddies
We turned down £30M+! on 08:47 - Feb 2 with 1776 viewsSwansNZ

I don't get it... Gylfi's weight in gold is only worth about £2.4 million

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

We turned down £30M+! on 09:00 - Feb 2 with 1722 viewsNaughty71

We turned down £30M+! on 08:47 - Feb 2 by SwansNZ

I don't get it... Gylfi's weight in gold is only worth about £2.4 million

I like that you have worked it out!

Gylfi is 77kg, which at current gold price of £30.84 per gramme works out at £2,374,680.

Which means that the Chinese were willing to pay 12.6 times Gylfi's weight in Gold.

They can f*ck off though, he's ours.

"Who scored that Naughty?", "I don't know, I've forgotten my bl**dy glasses again!".

We turned down £30M+! on 09:11 - Feb 2 with 1693 viewsexiledinenglandjack

The thing with Gylfi is that he's made the move elsewhere before, it didn't work out and he's realised that's he's found a club where he feels wanted and loved. He seems very settled, even with the season we've had this year and for me its a delight to see.
We turned down £30M+! on 09:26 - Feb 2 with 1625 viewsmagicdaps10

So we tried to sign attacking midfielder Ryad Boudebouz but the player turned us down and we had a bid from China for attacking midfielder Siggy.

Quite possible that they considered the deal, pending they could have got someone else in.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

We turned down £30M+! on 09:28 - Feb 2 with 1604 viewsBournedore

Remember the player would need to want to go to China - even with crazy wages that's not a given. For all we know the yanks were getting excited about it and Gylfi said 'no thanks'.
Login to get fewer ads

We turned down £30M+! on 09:46 - Feb 2 with 1528 viewsSwansea93

Already a thread on this http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/189070/30m-rejected-for-

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

We turned down £30M+! on 09:50 - Feb 2 with 1501 viewsSmellyplumz

We turned down £30M+! on 08:24 - Feb 2 by MrSwerve

Sauce?

Hoi Sin

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

We turned down £30M+! on 09:57 - Feb 2 with 1459 viewsDafyddHuw

We turned down £30M+! on 09:46 - Feb 2 by Swansea93

Already a thread on this http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/189070/30m-rejected-for-

Sorry butt. My bad.
We turned down £30M+! on 13:39 - Feb 2 with 986 viewsyescomeon

I don't see Gylfi as the kind of person to go to China for the cash (although the kind of cash they are offering, most people would do almost anything for so who really knows). The whole China thing is weird, they could have rivalled the big European leagues if it wasn't for the foreign player rule, which they just made more strict.

I for one wouldn't shed a tear if there was a cull of the copious mercenaries in the premier league. Might seem for Welsh talent in the first team.

Upthecity!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024