Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Now that the transfer window is over... 11:26 - Feb 2 with 4997 viewsMyFinalHeaven

How do you think we did?

Personally I'm not entirely convinced we did enough to stay up. At all. This squad is still in desperate need of a defensive midfielder, a new right back, and a centre back.

If we couldn't afford to buy another player, then surely we could have at least gotten some guy(s) in on loan? With those around us fighting to stay up all strengthening their squads relentlessly and bringing in a multitude of upgrades, it's all very disappointing. We learned the hard way what happens when you sit idly by in the summer and do nothing as the rest of the league improves their teams. This January window was the last chance we had at correcting all the inactivity and incompetence that occurred in the summer. But as it stands there's every chance that we made the same mistake yet again.
[Post edited 5 Feb 2017 7:53]

Come on you Swans.

Now that the transfer window is over... on 11:27 - Feb 2 with 4156 viewsAustinIsOurHero

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/189051/rate-our-transfer

Poll: How many points will be get from the next two games?

Now that the transfer window is over... on 11:34 - Feb 2 with 4138 viewsthereisnospoon

really not sure why we didn't get a dm and rb. it was a matter of common sense.
Now that the transfer window is over... on 12:09 - Feb 2 with 4060 viewsTrundle10

I never bought into the stories that our squad is that poor, not saying we could not have strengthened but do not think we are that bad. Needed a few in and that is what we got Always thought the previous coaching set up either played the wrong tactics to suit us or they did not play for the manager. I think we will stay up for what it is worth with a bit to spare.
Now that the transfer window is over... on 13:00 - Feb 2 with 3972 viewsLoyal

Now that the transfer window is over... on 12:09 - Feb 2 by Trundle10

I never bought into the stories that our squad is that poor, not saying we could not have strengthened but do not think we are that bad. Needed a few in and that is what we got Always thought the previous coaching set up either played the wrong tactics to suit us or they did not play for the manager. I think we will stay up for what it is worth with a bit to spare.

Exactly.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Now that the transfer window is over... on 13:18 - Feb 2 with 3940 viewsLandore_Jack

What is everyone's prediction regarding the three relegated teams?

#backtojack

Now that the transfer window is over... on 13:23 - Feb 2 with 3915 viewsthereisnospoon

Now that the transfer window is over... on 13:18 - Feb 2 by Landore_Jack

Hull, Sunderland, and one other that is hopefully not us.
Now that the transfer window is over... on 13:30 - Feb 2 with 3889 viewsWandererJack

We made three good signings that will improve the squad - I'm assuming Narsingh is better than Routs here. We will see what Ayew offers in due course.

I'm surprised we didn't sign a centre half but glad to see FF's form has returned and I think we all agree Mawson starts.

Our best signing this winter is Clement though.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2017 13:31]
Now that the transfer window is over... on 13:44 - Feb 2 with 3848 viewsswan65split

I am hoping the players we brought in will prove to be better than those that have gone, on loan or sold, only time will tell.
Disappointed that we didnt get a couple more, even on loan, to me it shows the %anks do not have the money to invest, if we stay up it could be more of the same next season, HJs next level (tosser).
[Post edited 2 Feb 2017 13:49]
Login to get fewer ads

Now that the transfer window is over... on 14:00 - Feb 2 with 3805 viewsE20Jack

Happy. We have added pace in attack in Narsingh, an excellent attacking option in Ayew, a huge upgrade at left back and Tom Carroll who looks an absolute steal. We got rid of Taylor and most importantly kept Siggy and Llorente. We have won 3 of our last 4 games under our new manager and finally look like a team again. Center back was everyones main target but for me Mawson and Fernandez look very good together.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Now that the transfer window is over... on 14:16 - Feb 2 with 3782 viewsJacket

Question is, are the players better than what we had?

Olson - step up without doubt
Carroll - far better than expected and than he was last time
Narsingh - too early to tell - early signs suggest he's better than Monterro and Barrow
Ayew - from what we've seen of him elsewhere he's without doubt better than said wingers.

It is a shame we haven't a RB and CB. Still reckon Rangell is the best RB on the books whitch isn't ideal. But with defending, half the task is being organized. Obviously we've missed the organizational skills of Ash, but Clement has certainly made us more organized so his appointment has made up to a cetrain degree for the lack of a new CB.

Compare us with our direct competitors Middlesbrough, and I'd say we haven't done to badly. I'd say it's between us, Palace and Borough for that last spot although Hull ain't down and out just yet. But for me I'd go for Sunderland, Hull and Boro, although I'd love to see Fat Sam go down.
Now that the transfer window is over... on 14:19 - Feb 2 with 3775 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

boro and 2 others

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Now that the transfer window is over... on 14:21 - Feb 2 with 3761 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Sunderland, Hull and us.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Now that the transfer window is over... on 14:30 - Feb 2 with 3733 viewsNOTRAC

Our top spend is Ayew, who of course we haven't seen yet.
Taylor must have had a value of £5m , so Ayew in reality cost us £10 m , twice the price of anyone else.
I think he could be a very important player for us.
The best part of this transfer window was that we spent without selling (apart obviously from Taylor)

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

Now that the transfer window is over... on 14:43 - Feb 2 with 3718 viewsSTID2017

Now that the transfer window is over... on 14:21 - Feb 2 by Joe_bradshaw

Sunderland, Hull and us.

It's between Palace, Leicester and Middlesbrough for the third berth IMHO.
We needed a boost in confidence and PC has given the team that boost. With the extra added players, and with good coaching of first team and fringe players, we'll have enough to get us over the line.
Fat Sam is a one trick pony whose been found out at Palace IMO.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Now that the transfer window is over... on 15:18 - Feb 2 with 3673 viewsDr_Winston

It's in our own hands. We've got enough games yet to come against the teams around us to make survival a formality if we win them.

Don't expect Palace to be down there but then I didn't before they started spending anyway. Hull look remarkably resilient for a team selling basically everyone but you have to wonder how long that can go on. Sunderland be f*cked.

My money is on Sunderland, Hull and Boro.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Now that the transfer window is over... on 15:20 - Feb 2 with 3662 viewsmorristonboy

Now that the transfer window is over... on 14:21 - Feb 2 by Joe_bradshaw

Sunderland, Hull and us.

Blunderland , Hull and us or Boro. I hope the oganisation of Clement plus his staff will keep us up. If we go down it is of course the decision to put Bradley in charge of our easist run of fixtures is where the damage was done. That appointment could have a legacy for decades. Hope a settled sane manager can pull us out of the sh$t.
Now that the transfer window is over... on 16:39 - Feb 2 with 3557 viewsthereisnospoon

Now that the transfer window is over... on 14:16 - Feb 2 by Jacket

Narsingh - too early to tell - early signs suggest he's better than Monterro and Barrow
Ayew - from what we've seen of him elsewhere he's without doubt better than said wingers.

It is a shame we haven't a RB and CB. Still reckon Rangell is the best RB on the books whitch isn't ideal. But with defending, half the task is being organized. Obviously we've missed the organizational skills of Ash, but Clement has certainly made us more organized so his appointment has made up to a cetrain degree for the lack of a new CB.

Compare us with our direct competitors Middlesbrough, and I'd say we haven't done to badly. I'd say it's between us, Palace and Borough for that last spot although Hull ain't down and out just yet. But for me I'd go for Sunderland, Hull and Boro, although I'd love to see Fat Sam go down.

taylor was complete shit for us but olsson hasn't been very great at all thus far. i'm not getting my hopes up with him. he's looked just like his old self, the one who got relegated 3 times in 4 seasons in the prem

heaven knows why jenkins wanted him
Now that the transfer window is over... on 16:50 - Feb 2 with 3526 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Sunderland, Hull, and Leicester.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Now that the transfer window is over... on 18:06 - Feb 2 with 3474 viewsSospan_Fach

Now that the transfer window is over... on 14:16 - Feb 2 by Jacket

Agree, Rangel is best FB. we needed an upgrade at CB and an upgrade at FB. This will cost us. Naughton is struggling,
Now that the transfer window is over... on 18:25 - Feb 2 with 3439 viewsAl_Bundy

Sunderland and Boro plus one .. Hull have some steel and could escape , we may but defensive issues still might cost us. Palace have an underperforming squad but BFS will guide them to safety. Leicester possibly ! Watford outsiders ...
Now that the transfer window is over... on 19:06 - Feb 2 with 3387 viewsKerouac

Squad

GK - Fabianski & Nordfeldt
RB - Naughton & Rangel
LB - Olssen & Kingsley
CB - Fernandez, Mawson, Van der Hoorn & Amat
DM - Leon, Cork & Fulton
CM - Ki, Carroll
AM - Siggy, Fer
RW - Narsingh, Dyer & Barrow
LW - Routledge, Montero & Gorre
ST - Llorente, Ayew & Baston

I've highlighted what I think are the weaknesses.
- Rangel & Leon can do the job, it's just that they are on their last legs
- Kingsley, Fulton, Van der Hoorn & Barrow are players with the potential to be good enough. I'd keep them around
- Baston & Gorre are players we have barely seen (ironic that 1 is a youngster we stick out on loan every year and the other is our record signing...what is going on there?)
- Routledge is no longer viable as a winger but we have handed him a new contract and I'm hoping he will be converted to a new position
- Dyer has been given an extended contract and is going nowhere (politics at play there)

The players I reckon are not good enough, that we need to be getting transfer fees for and replacing, are;
Naughton,
Fernandez,
Cork,
Ki

Position wise
Ranked by necessity...
1) RB - We need a first choice RB & a young back up (or is one of our own youngsters good enough?)
2) DM - We need quality there, Fulton can deputize
3) CM - We need another Carroll type...this will get us passing at high tempo again
4) CB - We need an experienced quality player, the CB equivalent to Llorente
5) LW - We need a LEFT footed winger for a change. Preferably one that can cross and chip in with the odd goal
6) RW - Depending on how Narsingh works out we possibly need another punt on a young winger to deputize.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2017 19:30]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Now that the transfer window is over... on 19:24 - Feb 2 with 3360 viewsmax936

Now that the transfer window is over... on 19:06 - Feb 2 by Kerouac

Squad

RB - Naughton & Rangel
LB - Olssen & Kingsley
DM - Leon, Cork & Fulton
CM - Ki, Carroll
AM - Siggy, Fer

- Kingsley, Fulton, Van der Hoorn & Barrow are players with the potential to be good enough. I'd keep them around
- Baston & Gorre are players we have barely seen (ironic that 1 is a youngster we stick out on loan every year and the other is our record signing...what is going on there?)
- Routledge is no longer viable as a winger but we have handed him a new contract and I'm hoping he will be converted to a new position
- Dyer has been given an extended contract and is going nowhere (politics at play there)

The players I reckon are not good enough, that we need to be getting transfer fees for and replacing, are;
Naughton,
Fernandez,
Cork,
Ki

Position wise
Ranked by necessity...
1) RB - We need a first choice RB & a young back up (or is one of our own youngsters good enough?)
3) CM - We need another Carroll type...this will get us passing at high tempo again
5) LW - We need a LEFT footed winger for a change. Preferably one that can cross and chip in with the odd goal
6) RW - Depending on how Narsingh works out we possibly need another punt on a young winger to deputize.

If we do manage to escape I wonder how much we'll strengthen in the summer.?

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Now that the transfer window is over... on 19:34 - Feb 2 with 3330 viewsKerouac

Now that the transfer window is over... on 19:24 - Feb 2 by max936

If we do manage to escape I wonder how much we'll strengthen in the summer.?

It will be interesting.

If we stay up we have the manager we need and he has both the knowledge of the European game and the contacts.
I think we will have the funds.
Will the Americans and Jenks be able to get their act together?
If they can next season will be much better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Now that the transfer window is over... on 21:14 - Feb 2 with 3244 viewsjackrabbit

Now that the transfer window is over... on 14:00 - Feb 2 by E20Jack

Happy. We have added pace in attack in Narsingh, an excellent attacking option in Ayew, a huge upgrade at left back and Tom Carroll who looks an absolute steal. We got rid of Taylor and most importantly kept Siggy and Llorente. We have won 3 of our last 4 games under our new manager and finally look like a team again. Center back was everyones main target but for me Mawson and Fernandez look very good together.

That sums it up perfectly. No more to be said.
Now that the transfer window is over... on 11:14 - Feb 3 with 3150 viewsJacket

Now that the transfer window is over... on 19:06 - Feb 2 by Kerouac

Squad

RB - Naughton & Rangel
LB - Olssen & Kingsley
DM - Leon, Cork & Fulton
CM - Ki, Carroll
AM - Siggy, Fer

Naughton,
Fernandez,
Cork,
Ki

Position wise
Ranked by necessity...

Sorry can't agree with writing off a player whose had 494 minutes on the pitch most of which have come in 9 sub appearances often after the game had already been lost. You say Baston is a weakness, well we've got into this mess just fine without him in the most part.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2017 11:15]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024