Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our next six games 06:45 - Feb 7 with 3405 viewsDr_Winston

Will go a long way towards deciding where we'll be playing our football next season.

Leicester (H)
Chelsea (A)
Burnley (H)
Hull City (A)
Bournemouth (A)
Middlesbrough (H)

With the exception of Chelsea they're all games against teams we should be reasonably optimistic of getting at least a point and preferably three from.

After the 'Boro game the fixtures ramp up a bit with Spurs & Stoke at home and trips to West Ham, Watford and Old Trafford to come in April. We really could do with a bit of a gap on the rest before then.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Our next six games on 06:50 - Feb 7 with 2979 viewsmorningstar

If we're serious then it's 10 points as a bare minimum from that lot.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Our next six games on 06:54 - Feb 7 with 2967 viewsDr_Winston

Our next six games on 06:50 - Feb 7 by morningstar

Yup. After last weekend's results it looks like we can't assume the likes of Sunderland are already dead and buried. We're going to have to do it for them.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Our next six games on 07:06 - Feb 7 with 2922 viewsSwansNZ

Would gladly take defeats to Chelsea and even Burnley, if we could win the other games.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Our next six games on 07:10 - Feb 7 with 2910 viewsJango

Our next six games on 07:06 - Feb 7 by SwansNZ

Would gladly take defeats to Chelsea and even Burnley, if we could win the other games.

Burnley have got 1 point away from home all season that's a must win. Minimum 9 points means we would be in at least 30 with 8 games to go. I think that's something we'd all have ake
Our next six games on 07:14 - Feb 7 with 2900 viewsSwansNZ

Our next six games on 07:10 - Feb 7 by Jango

Burnley have got 1 point away from home all season that's a must win. Minimum 9 points means we would be in at least 30 with 8 games to go. I think that's something we'd all have ake

I'd certainly hope we'd beat them, but I was "selling" that game to get wins in the others

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Our next six games on 07:16 - Feb 7 with 2892 viewsDr_Winston

Think the club would be disappointed not to win the three home games at least considering the form the respective teams are in. Bournemouth and Hull away harder to call, but a point from each would be spiffing.

Our next six games on 07:58 - Feb 7 with 2824 viewsJethroJack

3+0+3+1+1+3 = 11pts
COYJB's...we can do this!
If (no, when!) it happens, it'll be a pretty impressive turn-around under PC 😁
Our next six games on 08:34 - Feb 7 with 2742 viewsPegojack

I think this season it's going to go down to the wire. A real nerve shredder.

Two months ago, I'd given all hope and was 'looking forward' if that's the right term, to the Championship. Now we've got a real chance of avoiding the drop. Although I guess supporters of Hull and Sunderland will be saying the same. I guess fans of Palace, Boro and Leicester will be most pessimistic at the moment, but a couple of good results and it can all change.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2017 8:37]
Login to get fewer ads

Our next six games on 08:40 - Feb 7 with 2722 viewsItchySphincter

Safe with two or three to go is what we should be aiming for and it's still achievable. If it goes to the wire our goal difference will see us relegated.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Our next six games on 08:52 - Feb 7 with 2698 viewsmacthejack

Well I for one am terrified. Will be watching most games through my fingers.
Our next six games on 09:27 - Feb 7 with 2633 viewsLeonWasGod

Our next six games on 07:10 - Feb 7 by Jango

Yep, worst away record by far. 11 games, 0 wins, 1 draw, 10 losses, scored 5, conceded 24.

You just know they'll turn us over
Our next six games on 09:49 - Feb 7 with 2589 viewsSTID2017

Our next six games on 07:16 - Feb 7 by Dr_Winston

Think the club would be disappointed not to win the three home games at least considering the form the respective teams are in. Bournemouth and Hull away harder to call, but a point from each would be spiffing.

The three home games have to be targeted as wins.
The form Bournemouth are in, PC should be targeting that as win.
Hull he'll be targeting as at least a point and hoping for all three.
Chelsea is a good performance at least - anything more than that would be a bonus.
All IMHO of course

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Our next six games on 10:12 - Feb 7 with 2547 viewsDr_Winston

Our next six games on 09:49 - Feb 7 by STID2017

The three home games have to be targeted as wins.
The form Bournemouth are in, PC should be targeting that as win.
Hull he'll be targeting as at least a point and hoping for all three.
Chelsea is a good performance at least - anything more than that would be a bonus.
All IMHO of course

We're certainly due a decent result against Bournemouth.

Our next six games on 10:27 - Feb 7 with 2512 viewsswancity

Absolutely pointless looking beyond the next game. Take each one as it comes. We have only picked up 6 wins all season from 24. It's 14 cup finals left and in all of them we will be looking to pick up points in. It's a scrap right to the death but pointless looking at the next six in isolation. They will not decide anything. Why not take a look at the last six? Or the middle six or the second third or last but one fifth. 😂

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Our next six games on 11:15 - Feb 7 with 2437 viewspencoedjack

Our next six games on 08:34 - Feb 7 by Pegojack

I think this season it's going to go down to the wire. A real nerve shredder.

Two months ago, I'd given all hope and was 'looking forward' if that's the right term, to the Championship. Now we've got a real chance of avoiding the drop. Although I guess supporters of Hull and Sunderland will be saying the same. I guess fans of Palace, Boro and Leicester will be most pessimistic at the moment, but a couple of good results and it can all change.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2017 8:37]

A win at Sunderland penultimate game of the season to keep us up HJ ....your nerves take it ?

Like you I was looking forward to the championship as I'd resigned myself to the fact relegation was a certainty under BB

If we stay up we have done it forfeiting 11 games under his regime quite an achievement
Our next six games on 11:29 - Feb 7 with 2409 viewsJethroJack

Our next six games on 10:27 - Feb 7 by swancity

Absolutely pointless looking beyond the next game. Take each one as it comes. We have only picked up 6 wins all season from 24. It's 14 cup finals left and in all of them we will be looking to pick up points in. It's a scrap right to the death but pointless looking at the next six in isolation. They will not decide anything. Why not take a look at the last six? Or the middle six or the second third or last but one fifth. 😂

The previous 6 wins in 24 is irrelevant, half those games were under Brad Bobley. Just like Leicester have to try and forget they're "Champions" we have to forget about the fact we've been crap in at least 12 games this season.

Its all about the "top 2 inches" from now on, who's got the bottle?

I think WE have under Clement & Makelele. I'm even looking forward to Chelsea...will they under-estimate us and take their foot off the gas because of their big lead? Dafter things have happened 😁
Our next six games on 11:33 - Feb 7 with 2393 viewsjack247

Our next six games on 10:27 - Feb 7 by swancity

It's 6 from 24, but it's also 3 from 5, or 2 from 4 since Clement took over. We aren't the same team as 2 months ago. I get what you're saying about taking each game at a time, but agree with the general consensus that the next 6 games are a great opportunity to pull a little way clear of the relegation zone.

The reason people are looking at the next 6 is because there are arguably 5 winnable games in there.
Our next six games on 11:39 - Feb 7 with 2380 viewsjack247

Our next six games on 11:15 - Feb 7 by pencoedjack

A win at Sunderland penultimate game of the season to keep us up HJ ....your nerves take it ?

Like you I was looking forward to the championship as I'd resigned myself to the fact relegation was a certainty under BB

If we stay up we have done it forfeiting 11 games under his regime quite an achievement

I said last week, that if we stay up, it will be the equivalent of a boxer winning on points having had one arm tied behind his back for 3 rounds.

We were incredibly lucky that while we were losing 3-0 and 4-0, the likes of Hull and Sunderland were losing 1-0 and 2-1, rather than slowly pulling away from us.
Our next six games on 11:40 - Feb 7 with 2379 viewsLoyal

9 will be fine.
Then three more wins and it's done.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Our next six games on 12:15 - Feb 7 with 2306 viewssherpajacob

One simple mantra at the moment.

BEAT LEICESTER!

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Our next six games on 12:19 - Feb 7 with 2286 viewssherpajacob

Leicester, Burnley Boro all at home - must win.
Hull away -must not lose.

= 10 points.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Our next six games on 12:32 - Feb 7 with 2245 viewsPegojack

Our next six games on 11:15 - Feb 7 by pencoedjack

No, mate, it's an ordeal. Give me mid table mediocrity any time!
Our next six games on 12:55 - Feb 7 with 2188 viewskarnataka

Obviously we will neither be safe nor relegated after the next 6 games but we will certainly have more than a good idea which way the pendulum is swinging. At the moment, we are showing signs of being able to claw our way out of the pit while Leicester seem to be in free fall making Sunday's game massive for both sides. Win that and we're almost in the driving seat.

Looking at others this coming weekend, while we're playing Leicester at home, Hull, Sland, CP & Boro play Arsenal (A), Saints (H), Stoke (A) & Everton (H) respectively so there is the possibility of us being the only winners in the bottom 6 which would be an excellent start.

After that, while we have 4 winnables out of 5, I don't think any of the others in the bottom 6 could say they have more than 3 with Leicester's 5 including games against Liverpool, Arsenal, WHam & Stoke.

The reality is, we're not currently in the bottom 3 and after this coming weekend, we may not even be in the bottom 5 so it's in our own hands and we don't have to rely on other teams' results.
Our next six games on 14:14 - Feb 7 with 2059 viewsGlyn1

You're more optimistic than me - "that lot" includes the current Premier League Champions and the next Premier League Champions. I'm expecting 9 points.

How did we do in these fixtures last season?

By the way, here's a weird statistic from yesterday's Times.

In the last 14 matches, whichever team has been in 18th or 19th spot has had the sort of results that you would expect. 18th = P14 * W2 * D2 * L10. 19th = P14 * W1 * D3 * L10.

However, whichever team has been 20th has the following record: P14 * W10 * D2 *L2, which is absolutely amazing, so I don't think we can predict anything at the moment except that Sunderland will beat Southampton on Saturday.

PS And will people stop banging on about Burnley's "poor away record" - it's a dangerous illusion, mainly because the fixtures gave them a series of away matches against top teams, so that's going to even out for them from now on (unfortunately).
[Post edited 7 Feb 2017 14:29]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Our next six games on 16:56 - Feb 7 with 1893 viewsSTID2017

Our next six games on 14:14 - Feb 7 by Glyn1

You're more optimistic than me - "that lot" includes the current Premier League Champions and the next Premier League Champions. I'm expecting 9 points.

How did we do in these fixtures last season?

By the way, here's a weird statistic from yesterday's Times.

In the last 14 matches, whichever team has been in 18th or 19th spot has had the sort of results that you would expect. 18th = P14 * W2 * D2 * L10. 19th = P14 * W1 * D3 * L10.

However, whichever team has been 20th has the following record: P14 * W10 * D2 *L2, which is absolutely amazing, so I don't think we can predict anything at the moment except that Sunderland will beat Southampton on Saturday.

PS And will people stop banging on about Burnley's "poor away record" - it's a dangerous illusion, mainly because the fixtures gave them a series of away matches against top teams, so that's going to even out for them from now on (unfortunately).
[Post edited 7 Feb 2017 14:29]

We can bang on about hypotheticals until the cows come home.
It makes more difference whatsoever.
All that matters is what PC and co do on the training pitch and how that is played out in each game.
All we can do as fans is get behind each and every player 100%
STID

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024