Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Montero out for 3 months 18:44 - Feb 9 with 6342 viewsNeathJack

Torn hamstring apparently.

He's become a complete and utter waste of a wage.

Sell.
Montero out for 3 months on 18:47 - Feb 9 with 3754 viewsTummer_from_Texas

I figured that or a torn ligament when PC say today that JM's injury was "long term."

If that's 3 months from the time it happened, maybe we will see him in April.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Montero out for 3 months on 18:48 - Feb 9 with 3748 viewspencoedjack

i agree
Montero out for 3 months on 18:49 - Feb 9 with 3739 viewsE20Jack

someone will give us the customary Β£5m I'm sure. He's held in relative high regard in other parts of the country strangely.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Montero out for 3 months on 18:49 - Feb 9 with 3733 viewsSwansea93

Needs to move on in the summer despite glimpes of brilliance we see now and again.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Montero out for 3 months on 18:51 - Feb 9 with 3731 viewsNeathJack

Here he is yesterday in recovery.....

Montero out for 3 months on 18:56 - Feb 9 with 3692 viewsNirvana

Montero out for 3 months on 18:51 - Feb 9 by NeathJack

Here he is yesterday in recovery.....

WOW, are my eyes really seeing this???

This is AFTER the injury?

Get this guy out of the club immediately.
[Post edited 9 Feb 2017 20:40]
Montero out for 3 months on 19:00 - Feb 9 with 3658 viewsjack247

Won't really matter, unless Narsingh gets injured, we have enough pace off the bench. Can see Clement sticking with the same formation with either Routledge or Ayew protecting Naughton on the right.

Jeffs only chance would be as an impact sub if we are going to play with narrow wingers anyway.
Montero out for 3 months on 19:08 - Feb 9 with 3602 viewsGriffting

Wasn't this the diagnosis of his injury after the West Ham game?
Login to get fewer ads

Montero out for 3 months on 19:12 - Feb 9 with 3572 viewsswanjackal

Interesting fact #76:

In local Ecuadorian Spanish, the term "Jefferson Montero" roughly translates to "Darren Anderton" in the English language.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Montero out for 3 months on 19:27 - Feb 9 with 3497 viewsmax936

Apart from a few brief spells of excellence, he's generally been a waste of fecking space, but as still managed to earn a living that most of us can only dream about unbelievable, time to say good bye

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Montero out for 3 months on 19:48 - Feb 9 with 3379 viewsnyc_swans

who cares? anyone depending on him for anything other than supreme frustration is nuts.
Montero out for 3 months on 19:53 - Feb 9 with 3359 viewsjack2jack

Montero out for 3 months on 19:27 - Feb 9 by max936

Apart from a few brief spells of excellence, he's generally been a waste of fecking space, but as still managed to earn a living that most of us can only dream about unbelievable, time to say good bye

Unfortunately or fortunately I think your right, done very little for us during his time here.Torn hamstring my arse,he looks ok in the video.
Montero out for 3 months on 20:07 - Feb 9 with 3289 viewsSgorioFruit

absolutely class when he runs with the ball glued to his feet, tearing two defenders apart
however he is useless when it comes to distributing the ball in any sense.
excellent fast pace down the wing but then runs to the corner flag and literally walks the ball out for a goal kick,

can anyone shed any light on why he liked to do that??

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Montero out for 3 months on 20:10 - Feb 9 with 3259 viewsItchySphincter

Montero out for 3 months on 18:56 - Feb 9 by Nirvana

WTF?! Are you for real? INjured footballers not allowed to play with their kids now or what?

Either a whoosh moment for me or you are a complete dullard.

Γ’β‚¬ΛœΓ’β‚¬Β¦Γ’β‚¬Β¦. like a moth to ItchyÒ€ℒs flame Ò€¦Ò€¦Ò€ℒ
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Montero out for 3 months on 20:10 - Feb 9 with 3256 viewsBirchgrovejack

I just said this on the Leicester match thread.... Since he's been here he's rarely been available between oct-March. I think he doesn't like the cold. You watch come March through to sept he'll be fit as a fiddle
Montero out for 3 months on 20:20 - Feb 9 with 3201 viewsE20Jack

Montero out for 3 months on 18:56 - Feb 9 by Nirvana

Woukd you say the same if he posted a video of him on an exercise bike?

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Montero out for 3 months on 21:13 - Feb 9 with 2983 viewsNirvana

Montero out for 3 months on 20:10 - Feb 9 by ItchySphincter

WTF?! Are you for real? INjured footballers not allowed to play with their kids now or what?

I'm a "dullard"?

Let's break it down:

- Montero is more often injured than healthy, and hasn't exactly been the type to fight through pain for the overall benefit of the team

- He has displayed a selfish, laissez-faire, and immature attitude even when playing and has flattered to deceive quite often enough to come to a conclusion about him (SELL)

- He has been out injured or sulking or whatever for most of this season, our most difficult in the PL, and again, has shown only flits of ACTUAL output

- He tears his hamstring in the midst of a relegation battle (not his fault, but still he will be out for the most crucial part of the season, given how many weak teams we'll be facing)

- He then proceeds to post a video on social media right around the time his TORN HAMSTRING injury is announced, riding on a "facking" tiny kid's bike, which is a big slap in the face to anyone who thought he'd be taking his therapy seriously

He can do whatever he wants with his free time, and he clearly will regardless. Don't post risky "clown" antics like this for all to see during our most "facking" difficult moment in the Premier. That innocuous-seeming video could've turned out far worse had there been an unseen dog or children's toy. Athletes have been injured via far more routine accidents than this before, and more frequently than you'd assume.

Exhibit that amount of cluelessness and disrespect to supporters who have stuck by him through all his travails?

And you want to, what, keep giving this guy shot after shot to "fackup" in crucial moments, all because a 27-year old has some potential to dribble by people and do it quickly?

A lot of players have that ability, and they're younger and better, and waiting for a PL club to give them a chance. I'd say we look towards them. Montero has had his and it's time to move on.

If you can't see that, you are quite the "dullard" yourself.
Montero out for 3 months on 21:25 - Feb 9 with 2924 viewsDyfnant

Montero out for 3 months on 20:07 - Feb 9 by SgorioFruit

absolutely class when he runs with the ball glued to his feet, tearing two defenders apart
however he is useless when it comes to distributing the ball in any sense.
excellent fast pace down the wing but then runs to the corner flag and literally walks the ball out for a goal kick,

can anyone shed any light on why he liked to do that??

Possibly blundering Bob's tactics

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Montero out for 3 months on 21:30 - Feb 9 with 2909 viewsmax936

Montero out for 3 months on 20:10 - Feb 9 by ItchySphincter

In fairness Itchy, if he's torn his hamstring he wouldn't be able to get on a kiddies bike with his leg tucked up sitting on it let alone pedal it, I tore mine years ago back of my leg was black and blue I'd have never been able to have got on any bike, I was off work for 3 weeks and that was without pay, obviously I wasn't playing professional football, but the fact he's out for 3 months it must be a substantial injury and he must be suffering pain with it so being cramped up on a kiddies bike ain't gone help.
[Post edited 9 Feb 2017 21:32]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Montero out for 3 months on 21:30 - Feb 9 with 2909 viewsMoscowJack

I'm just awaiting the inevitable announcement of a new 5 year contract ;)

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

Montero out for 3 months on 21:33 - Feb 9 with 2890 viewsLoyal

Montero out for 3 months on 21:13 - Feb 9 by Nirvana

I'm a "dullard"?

Let's break it down:

- Montero is more often injured than healthy, and hasn't exactly been the type to fight through pain for the overall benefit of the team

- He has displayed a selfish, laissez-faire, and immature attitude even when playing and has flattered to deceive quite often enough to come to a conclusion about him (SELL)

- He has been out injured or sulking or whatever for most of this season, our most difficult in the PL, and again, has shown only flits of ACTUAL output

- He tears his hamstring in the midst of a relegation battle (not his fault, but still he will be out for the most crucial part of the season, given how many weak teams we'll be facing)

- He then proceeds to post a video on social media right around the time his TORN HAMSTRING injury is announced, riding on a "facking" tiny kid's bike, which is a big slap in the face to anyone who thought he'd be taking his therapy seriously

He can do whatever he wants with his free time, and he clearly will regardless. Don't post risky "clown" antics like this for all to see during our most "facking" difficult moment in the Premier. That innocuous-seeming video could've turned out far worse had there been an unseen dog or children's toy. Athletes have been injured via far more routine accidents than this before, and more frequently than you'd assume.

Exhibit that amount of cluelessness and disrespect to supporters who have stuck by him through all his travails?

And you want to, what, keep giving this guy shot after shot to "fackup" in crucial moments, all because a 27-year old has some potential to dribble by people and do it quickly?

A lot of players have that ability, and they're younger and better, and waiting for a PL club to give them a chance. I'd say we look towards them. Montero has had his and it's time to move on.

If you can't see that, you are quite the "dullard" yourself.

If the video has turned out badly we wouldn't have seen it .....
But that kitchen is a good 18k. Top of the range.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Montero out for 3 months on 21:42 - Feb 9 with 2851 viewsNirvana

Montero out for 3 months on 20:20 - Feb 9 by E20Jack

Woukd you say the same if he posted a video of him on an exercise bike?

I would say the same in regards to selling him, yes, that boat sailed a long time ago.

If it was an exercise bike and that is part of his rehabilitation then no, obviously, I wouldn't say the same thing. That's about as false of an equivalency as there could be, though.

It was incredibly stupid and disrespectful to expose this to the world, and if you want an explanantion see my previous post.
Montero out for 3 months on 21:45 - Feb 9 with 2823 viewsDyfnant

Montero out for 3 months on 21:30 - Feb 9 by MoscowJack

I'm just awaiting the inevitable announcement of a new 5 year contract ;)

Didn't he have a 3.5 year new one in the summer?

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Montero out for 3 months on 21:52 - Feb 9 with 2777 viewsjackrabbit

Montero out for 3 months on 21:25 - Feb 9 by Dyfnant

Possibly blundering Bob's tactics

Blaming Bob for Montero's ineptness? May as well blame him for Brexit, Trump's election, and this bloody awful cold weather we've been having. Montero is a largely ineffective show pony. He's like a very expensive spin-bowler - eventually gets a wicket but at the cost of a shedload of runs. Poor Neil Taylor took the rap for Montero's total lack of positional play. I doubt he's ever run on to a pass in his life. I've witnessed Taylor screaming at him to make a run, not just stand rigid on the wing wanting the ball passed to his feet. It could be fixed with proper coaching but Monk, Guidolin, Bradley and now Clement have all had the opportunity and nothing seems to have changed. I get the impression that he and Barrow are not even on Clement's radar. Very understandable. No time for luxuries in our current perilous circumstances. Defer for another day.
Montero out for 3 months on 22:02 - Feb 9 with 2727 viewsjack247

Montero out for 3 months on 21:52 - Feb 9 by jackrabbit

Blaming Bob for Montero's ineptness? May as well blame him for Brexit, Trump's election, and this bloody awful cold weather we've been having. Montero is a largely ineffective show pony. He's like a very expensive spin-bowler - eventually gets a wicket but at the cost of a shedload of runs. Poor Neil Taylor took the rap for Montero's total lack of positional play. I doubt he's ever run on to a pass in his life. I've witnessed Taylor screaming at him to make a run, not just stand rigid on the wing wanting the ball passed to his feet. It could be fixed with proper coaching but Monk, Guidolin, Bradley and now Clement have all had the opportunity and nothing seems to have changed. I get the impression that he and Barrow are not even on Clement's radar. Very understandable. No time for luxuries in our current perilous circumstances. Defer for another day.

Spot on. You can blame Bradley for a lot of things. Montero isn't one of them
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024