Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Charlie Austin admits driving offence 15:06 - Feb 15 with 5379 viewsDarran

What am I missing here?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4226984/Cyclist-hit-footballer-needed-op

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Charlie Austin admits driving offence on 15:12 - Feb 15 with 3248 viewsSwan91

My take on it is that the cyclist ran a red light and got hit by Austin who had a green light.. I don't understand how it was Austins fault and why he would get a fine... maybe I am missing something here aswell
Charlie Austin admits driving offence on 15:13 - Feb 15 with 3246 viewsandypitt56

How does that even go to court?? the cyclist is clearly a tosser, okay so he has serious injuries but surely that is at his own cost. !. use a helmet. 2. dont ride through a red light! I hate cyclist who do that, if you use the roads then you abide by the road laws. Austin has done nothing wrong IMO. Karma is a bitch
Charlie Austin admits driving offence on 15:19 - Feb 15 with 3222 viewsLandore_Jack

Why did Austin admit to driving without due care and attention? Something doesn't add up here.

#backtojack

Charlie Austin admits driving offence on 15:21 - Feb 15 with 3211 viewsDarran

Charlie Austin admits driving offence on 15:19 - Feb 15 by Landore_Jack

Why did Austin admit to driving without due care and attention? Something doesn't add up here.

Exactly.

Charlie Austin admits driving offence on 15:23 - Feb 15 with 3203 viewsDyfnant

Charlie Austin admits driving offence on 15:19 - Feb 15 by Landore_Jack

Speeding possibly

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Charlie Austin admits driving offence on 15:23 - Feb 15 with 3197 viewsDyfnant

Also I reckon that blokes nearer 57 than 37

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Charlie Austin admits driving offence on 15:34 - Feb 15 with 3170 viewsCooperman

I assume he 'floored it' when pulling away from the lights which has been deemed as driving without due care.

Those Bentley's have got some grunt, haven't they Darran.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Charlie Austin admits driving offence on 15:37 - Feb 15 with 3156 viewsDarran

Charlie Austin admits driving offence on 15:34 - Feb 15 by Cooperman

I assume he 'floored it' when pulling away from the lights which has been deemed as driving without due care.

Indeed they have.

Login to get fewer ads

Charlie Austin admits driving offence on 15:39 - Feb 15 with 3144 viewsBatterseajack

Charlie Austin admits driving offence on 15:13 - Feb 15 by andypitt56

How does that even go to court?? the cyclist is clearly a tosser, okay so he has serious injuries but surely that is at his own cost. !. use a helmet. 2. dont ride through a red light! I hate cyclist who do that, if you use the roads then you abide by the road laws. Austin has done nothing wrong IMO. Karma is a bitch

Not sure how wearing a helmet would save him from spinal injuries.
Charlie Austin admits driving offence on 15:39 - Feb 15 with 3142 viewscontroversial_jack

Charlie Austin admits driving offence on 15:37 - Feb 15 by Darran

Indeed they have.

Is there a law against quick acceleration?
Charlie Austin admits driving offence on 15:42 - Feb 15 with 3132 viewsCooperman

Charlie Austin admits driving offence on 15:39 - Feb 15 by controversial_jack

I think the key words are 'due care'.

If he's utilised circa 600 bhp pulling away from a set of lights and then knocked someone off a bike then he's probably had this thrown at him.

It's an assumption on my part of course as I don't know the facts.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Charlie Austin admits driving offence on 15:43 - Feb 15 with 3123 viewsDarran

WTF are asking me for?

Charlie Austin admits driving offence on 15:46 - Feb 15 with 3111 viewsunion_jack

Charlie Austin admits driving offence on 15:34 - Feb 15 by Cooperman

It has to be this or something similar. Clearly, all the facts are not in the article.

You can't just run someone over even if they did go through ref. You have to be aware of what is coming from the side and take appropriate action. In this case it should have been to wait until he'd cleared the junction.

Hence why both were to blame.

Typically bad journalism though making it sound like it was the cyclists fault solely.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Charlie Austin admits driving offence on 15:49 - Feb 15 with 3104 viewsBanosswan

This is great fair play

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Charlie Austin admits driving offence on 15:54 - Feb 15 with 3082 viewsblueytheblue

Surprised there aren't more accidents of a similar type near me.

Every day cyclists just don't care about silly little things like red lights... they complain about cars yet seem happy to go through red lights when the pedestrian lights are green.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Charlie Austin admits driving offence on 15:59 - Feb 15 with 3059 viewsDarran

Charlie Austin admits driving offence on 15:54 - Feb 15 by blueytheblue

Surprised there aren't more accidents of a similar type near me.

Every day cyclists just don't care about silly little things like red lights... they complain about cars yet seem happy to go through red lights when the pedestrian lights are green.

I agree I see it most days.

Charlie Austin admits driving offence on 16:04 - Feb 15 with 3041 viewsblueytheblue

Charlie Austin admits driving offence on 15:59 - Feb 15 by Darran

I agree I see it most days.

It's just stupidity, isn't it Dazzer?

Cyclist - at best not much protection, at worst fat middle aged person of undetermined sexuality full kit w*nker wearing lycra on what is a flimsy piece of equipment really.

Driver - cars travel at speed, are quite heavy and capable of carnage when running over squishy things.

Drivers absolutely need to drive carefully - cars are dangerous objects - but cyclists have to take some responsibility for their own actions and safety.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Charlie Austin admits driving offence on 16:31 - Feb 15 with 2978 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Perhaps he was advised to admit to that lesser charge which simply carries a £30 fine and a speed awareness course, rather than risk going to court on anything more serious in the future.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Charlie Austin admits driving offence on 16:38 - Feb 15 with 2958 viewsJohnw102

According to Highway Code Green means you may proceed if road is clear and it is safe to do so. This maybe the background we are missing.

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

Charlie Austin admits driving offence on 16:53 - Feb 15 with 2908 viewsDarran

Charlie Austin admits driving offence on 16:04 - Feb 15 by blueytheblue

It's just stupidity, isn't it Dazzer?

Cyclist - at best not much protection, at worst fat middle aged person of undetermined sexuality full kit w*nker wearing lycra on what is a flimsy piece of equipment really.

Driver - cars travel at speed, are quite heavy and capable of carnage when running over squishy things.

Drivers absolutely need to drive carefully - cars are dangerous objects - but cyclists have to take some responsibility for their own actions and safety.

Yes,yes it is.

Charlie Austin admits driving offence on 16:58 - Feb 15 with 2902 viewsHubert

Wayne Routledge obviously thinks so...
Charlie Austin admits driving offence on 17:07 - Feb 15 with 2880 viewssherpajacob

Yes the cyclist was in the wrong, but it doesn't mean Austin wasn't also doing something wrong, maybe on the phone or texting, in which case he deserves the appropriate punishment.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2017 17:29]

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Charlie Austin admits driving offence on 17:55 - Feb 15 with 2780 viewsMrSwerve

Not according to Newton.

Seriously though I don't believe there is a law against it, which is problematic these days as there are road cars that can accelerate 0-60 in 3 seconds.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Charlie Austin admits driving offence on 18:26 - Feb 15 with 2721 viewsGlyn1

Does the report in The Sun give any more information? Can't post the link. Neither charged with a criminal offence. Both were fined.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Charlie Austin admits driving offence on 18:29 - Feb 15 with 2714 viewsDarran

Charlie Austin admits driving offence on 18:26 - Feb 15 by Glyn1

Does the report in The Sun give any more information? Can't post the link. Neither charged with a criminal offence. Both were fined.

No it doesn't.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/2868406/premier-league-star-charlie-aust

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024