Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Scientology 21:38 - Feb 18 with 4387 viewsswanjackal

Just watched a good documentary on it. "Going Clear: Scientology and the Prison of Belief"

Anybody know of any scientologists?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Scientology on 21:44 - Feb 18 with 3666 viewsLord_Bony

Yeah. The best known face of Scientology could bring the whole cult to an abrupt end apparently...

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/leah-remini-tom-cruise-single-ha

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Scientology on 21:53 - Feb 18 with 3649 viewsdickythorpe

This was quite unexpected of a BBC interviewer 10 years ago

Scientology on 21:57 - Feb 18 with 3640 viewsswanjackal

Scientology on 21:53 - Feb 18 by dickythorpe

This was quite unexpected of a BBC interviewer 10 years ago

The man who hounded him cited this was the final straw that saw him leave the cult.

It's both interesting and frightening how an ideology can warp people.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Scientology on 21:58 - Feb 18 with 3636 viewsdickythorpe

The clip above was from BBC's Panorama doc from 2007

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientology_and_Me
Scientology on 21:58 - Feb 18 with 3634 viewsswanjackal

Scientology on 21:44 - Feb 18 by Lord_Bony

Yeah. The best known face of Scientology could bring the whole cult to an abrupt end apparently...

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/leah-remini-tom-cruise-single-ha

Judging on his mental state when questioned on the cult, I can't see it happening. They must have some really bizarre stuff on him.

Edit: A good site if documentaries are your thing, linked to the OP documentary:

https://documentaryaddict.com/films/going-clear-scientology-and-the-prison-of-be
[Post edited 18 Feb 2017 22:02]

Scientology on 22:03 - Feb 18 with 3611 viewsswanjackal

Scientology on 21:58 - Feb 18 by dickythorpe

The clip above was from BBC's Panorama doc from 2007

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientology_and_Me

Watched it at the time, was interesting to watch the harrasment levels people go to, and the paranoia they can induce on someone.

Scientology on 22:03 - Feb 18 with 3610 viewsGowerjack

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Scientology on 22:07 - Feb 18 with 3598 viewsdickythorpe

Tom Cruise, and in fact most actors must have something going on in their heads different to the "normal person"

They are in a world of makebelief, literally acting is adopting a persona that isn't you....and they get paid ludicrously, become so famous they can't engage with society like we know it.

Anyway I won't go on, but it's no surprise Cruise and others like him are into alternative beliefs.

David Icke and Frank Bough are other classic examples of getting into alternative lifestyles that led to ridicule and even disgust!
Login to get fewer ads

Scientology on 22:09 - Feb 18 with 3588 viewsdickythorpe

Scientology on 22:03 - Feb 18 by Gowerjack

And people were upset that this guy died????
Scientology on 22:13 - Feb 18 with 3581 viewsswanjackal

Scientology on 22:07 - Feb 18 by dickythorpe

Tom Cruise, and in fact most actors must have something going on in their heads different to the "normal person"

They are in a world of makebelief, literally acting is adopting a persona that isn't you....and they get paid ludicrously, become so famous they can't engage with society like we know it.

Anyway I won't go on, but it's no surprise Cruise and others like him are into alternative beliefs.

David Icke and Frank Bough are other classic examples of getting into alternative lifestyles that led to ridicule and even disgust!

"Frank Bough's World of Leather" advert in Viz was a classic.

David Icke is on a different plain of tin foil....but hats off to him, he had the BBC and the cover ups spot on.

I agree, you only have to see the parties that Abramovich woman arranges and celebrity "elites" attend. Not exactly your common person BBQ's.

Scientology on 22:40 - Feb 18 with 3552 viewsphact0rri

scientology is just a creepy pyramid scheme...

I know a few people that have gone in to a meeting or two, and how completely ridiculous it is. Though I don't know any dyed in the wool members. As far as I understand it, (especially here in LA that is practically the front lines) most members close off or at least severely short change most social relationships outside of the church.

But it really is set up like a proper cult/secretive society, like the masons (as an example), where the more importance you have the more you learn and have access to works and knowledge. The difference is in Scientology (much like the catholic church) the more you pay in the more you get out of it.

Those auditors (I think they call them) are creepy b**tards though. "When was the first time you cried... can you give me details... a little more... a little more... oh what is that... are you crying now?" cult tactics #1, weaken emotional state because it allows them to be more malable to ideas they might have barriers against normally.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Scientology on 22:43 - Feb 18 with 3544 viewsexiledclaseboy

Run for the sun little one. You're an outlaw once again.

Poll: Tory leader

Scientology on 22:53 - Feb 18 with 3523 viewsGowerjack

Scientology on 22:43 - Feb 18 by exiledclaseboy

Run for the sun little one. You're an outlaw once again.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Scientology on 22:53 - Feb 18 with 3523 viewsswanjackal

Scientology on 22:40 - Feb 18 by phact0rri

scientology is just a creepy pyramid scheme...

I know a few people that have gone in to a meeting or two, and how completely ridiculous it is. Though I don't know any dyed in the wool members. As far as I understand it, (especially here in LA that is practically the front lines) most members close off or at least severely short change most social relationships outside of the church.

But it really is set up like a proper cult/secretive society, like the masons (as an example), where the more importance you have the more you learn and have access to works and knowledge. The difference is in Scientology (much like the catholic church) the more you pay in the more you get out of it.

Those auditors (I think they call them) are creepy b**tards though. "When was the first time you cried... can you give me details... a little more... a little more... oh what is that... are you crying now?" cult tactics #1, weaken emotional state because it allows them to be more malable to ideas they might have barriers against normally.

Please don't take offence to this, but California does seem to be a hot bed of crazy. I know it is a huge state, but seems to have its fair share of madness. Not long finished a book on the Heaven's Gate cult.

I completely agree though, I got friendly with an ex-scientologist via the old jref forum, and some of the stories he relaid had me thinking that he was stretching the truth, until all the documentaries started to flow out.

Scientology on 01:50 - Feb 19 with 3456 viewsnice_to_michu

Scientology on 21:57 - Feb 18 by swanjackal

The man who hounded him cited this was the final straw that saw him leave the cult.

It's both interesting and frightening how an ideology can warp people.

So the BBC is fake news?

I can't keep up.
Scientology on 02:57 - Feb 19 with 3441 viewsphact0rri

Scientology on 22:53 - Feb 18 by swanjackal

Please don't take offence to this, but California does seem to be a hot bed of crazy. I know it is a huge state, but seems to have its fair share of madness. Not long finished a book on the Heaven's Gate cult.

I completely agree though, I got friendly with an ex-scientologist via the old jref forum, and some of the stories he relaid had me thinking that he was stretching the truth, until all the documentaries started to flow out.

Its pretty freaking crazy here, I will agree, there's a reason they call it 'Hollyweird'. And its not just drug addled celebrity hijinks and brain washing cults... number one chat up line "so who is your Psychiatrist?"

Scientology on 03:02 - Feb 19 with 3440 viewsphact0rri

Scientology on 01:50 - Feb 19 by nice_to_michu

So the BBC is fake news?

I can't keep up.

according to the US president, at the press conference row the other day, even if they are reporting true facts, its still fake news.

This constant thought in my head "the president can't be this dim surely?" seems to be on a whole new level this go.

Scientology (n/t) on 05:05 - Feb 19 with 3416 viewsHumpty

Scientology on 03:02 - Feb 19 by phact0rri

according to the US president, at the press conference row the other day, even if they are reporting true facts, its still fake news.

This constant thought in my head "the president can't be this dim surely?" seems to be on a whole new level this go.

[Post edited 19 Feb 2017 5:06]
Scientology on 07:08 - Feb 19 with 3394 viewsswanjackal

Scientology on 01:50 - Feb 19 by nice_to_michu

So the BBC is fake news?

I can't keep up.

Heavily biased, thin skinned reporting at times, yes. Not sure the relevance to my statement though

Scientology on 07:13 - Feb 19 with 3393 viewsDr_Winston

Is Scientology any crazier than a religion that pretends to eat bits of the son of God every Sunday, or one that demands women dress up like postboxes?

They're all utterly f*cking barmy. The double standards amuse me.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Scientology on 07:25 - Feb 19 with 3389 viewsswanjackal

Scientology on 07:13 - Feb 19 by Dr_Winston

Is Scientology any crazier than a religion that pretends to eat bits of the son of God every Sunday, or one that demands women dress up like postboxes?

Completely agree. Just it's difficult to believe the lengths and intimidatory tactics this specific sect goes to in this day and age in the Western world, and get away with it.

Scientology on 08:19 - Feb 19 with 3367 viewsdailew

Scientology on 07:13 - Feb 19 by Dr_Winston

1:40 onwards

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

Scientology on 09:04 - Feb 19 with 3337 viewsnice_to_michu

Scientology on 07:08 - Feb 19 by swanjackal

Heavily biased, thin skinned reporting at times, yes. Not sure the relevance to my statement though

Heavily biased to whom?

The largest study into the BBC's political coverage showed that the Tories get significantly more airtime than Labour, and even more so when it comes to the EU.
Scientology on 09:16 - Feb 19 with 3326 viewsLord_Bony

Scientology on 08:19 - Feb 19 by dailew

1:40 onwards

This post has been edited by an administrator

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Scientology on 09:20 - Feb 19 with 3312 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Scientology on 09:04 - Feb 19 by nice_to_michu

Heavily biased to whom?

The largest study into the BBC's political coverage showed that the Tories get significantly more airtime than Labour, and even more so when it comes to the EU.

That's not surprising really. The leave campaign was run by Tory boys, the remain campaign was run by Tory boys and Labour stayed in bed.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024