Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Had we not beaten Hull... 23:56 - Feb 18 with 1827 viewsTNT

...in THAT game, how do you think the Swansea City story would have unfolded?

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Had we not beaten Hull... on 00:31 - Feb 19 with 1794 viewsTim_Harry

A Conference club with worn out stadium. Don't think we'd have done too well myself.

Flynn said himself that he'd have gone if we'd been relegated. He wouldn't have been that big a loss, but the fact that Reeves would have gone with him would have been.

Our recruitment policy back then was key to building the club to what it is now. Martinez rightly takes credit for implementing a style of play that took us forward, but his style of play revolved around a strong midfield that was afforded to him mostly by the work of Reeves.

We had a Premier League midfield in League One.

Jenkins is the luckiest millionaire in the world. He reluctantly employed Reeves to go with Flynn after the Cusack experiment failed. He was dead against it first time round.

So to answer the question. If we'd gone down we'd be as successful as a Huw Jenkins roofing business.
Had we not beaten Hull... on 13:01 - Feb 19 with 1619 viewsDewi1jack

Had we not beaten Hull... on 00:31 - Feb 19 by Tim_Harry

A Conference club with worn out stadium. Don't think we'd have done too well myself.

Flynn said himself that he'd have gone if we'd been relegated. He wouldn't have been that big a loss, but the fact that Reeves would have gone with him would have been.

Our recruitment policy back then was key to building the club to what it is now. Martinez rightly takes credit for implementing a style of play that took us forward, but his style of play revolved around a strong midfield that was afforded to him mostly by the work of Reeves.

Jenkins is the luckiest millionaire in the world. He reluctantly employed Reeves to go with Flynn after the Cusack experiment failed. He was dead against it first time round.

So to answer the question. If we'd gone down we'd be as successful as a Huw Jenkins roofing business.

This

"So to answer the question. If we'd gone down we'd be as successful as a Huw Jenkins roofing business."

I think we'd have struggled to get back up, maybe coming up for a few seasons then crashing back down.
Probably being watched by just a couple of thousand at most of us- certainly not the 20 odd thousand of today.
Looking forward to the FA Cup draws to try and put the likes of Cardiff, Luton, Leeds, Birmingham etc out
Dreaming of playing any Prem club in the Cup.

Whingeing and wondering where it all went wrong (nothing changes there then)

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Had we not beaten Hull... on 13:09 - Feb 19 with 1596 viewsLoyal

Many of the employees at the liberty who take it all for granted wouldn't have had such a good life that's for sure.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Had we not beaten Hull... on 13:09 - Feb 19 with 1595 viewsperchrockjack

Ancient energy

Best forgotten

We re staying at the top

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Had we not beaten Hull... on 13:18 - Feb 19 with 1582 viewsRancid

Wrexham comes to mind.But we're bigger and better than that lot so I think we'd have got back in the Football League a lot sooner.Football in Swansea is too big for us not to have.
Had we not beaten Hull... on 13:54 - Feb 19 with 1507 viewsJack_Kass

Had we not beaten Hull... on 00:31 - Feb 19 by Tim_Harry

How did we have a Premier League midfield in League One? Out of the midfielders in that side, only Leon has proven himself as capable of playing at that level

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

Had we not beaten Hull... on 15:18 - Feb 19 with 1405 viewsTaliesin

Had we not beaten Hull... on 13:09 - Feb 19 by perchrockjack

Ancient energy

Best forgotten

We re staying at the top

They who do not learn from the mistakes of the past are doomed to repeat them.

We must remember, it is part of who we are, and god knows there were soooo many mistakes to learn from. This doesn't mean that we ignore the future we just need to avoid being total tvvats and think history is irrelevant - it isn't!
Had we not beaten Hull... on 16:10 - Feb 19 with 1352 viewsperchrockjack

Those who LIVE in the past or look backwards fall into a fookn big pit

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Login to get fewer ads

Had we not beaten Hull... on 19:19 - Feb 19 with 1279 viewsTaliesin

You don't need to live in the past to take lessons from it.

You never look behind you? By f**k I hope you don't drive!!
Had we not beaten Hull... on 19:24 - Feb 19 with 1275 viewssherpajacob

I wish we had beaten Hull in January, we'd be looking forward to an FA cup quarter final, possibly.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Had we not beaten Hull... on 19:59 - Feb 19 with 1225 viewsmonmouth

Had we not beaten Hull... on 19:24 - Feb 19 by sherpajacob

I wish we had beaten Hull in January, we'd be looking forward to an FA cup quarter final, possibly.

I wish we'd beaten Hull in August. We'd be sitting pretty now.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Had we not beaten Hull... on 21:35 - Feb 19 with 1147 viewstrampie

If Swans had gone out of league they my have eventually found themselves out of the pyramid and now be playing in the Welsh Prem.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Had we not beaten Hull... on 21:53 - Feb 19 with 1128 viewslonglostjack

Had we not beaten Hull... on 21:35 - Feb 19 by trampie

If Swans had gone out of league they my have eventually found themselves out of the pyramid and now be playing in the Welsh Prem.

I'd like to think we would have matched Newport for pride and would never have allowed that to happen.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Had we not beaten Hull... on 22:48 - Feb 19 with 1077 viewsSwanseajill

Had we not beaten Hull... on 15:18 - Feb 19 by Taliesin

They who do not learn from the mistakes of the past are doomed to repeat them.

We must remember, it is part of who we are, and god knows there were soooo many mistakes to learn from. This doesn't mean that we ignore the future we just need to avoid being total tvvats and think history is irrelevant - it isn't!

This is the correct answer.

In my head I lived the future of conference football, over and over again towards the end of that season.
Funny that....that season in the past, is still allowing us magic moments for the future.
Had we not beaten Hull... on 23:33 - Feb 19 with 1034 viewsJoe_bradshaw

I think we'd have bounced back within two seasons and we'd be a Premier League team now.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Had we not beaten Hull... on 01:00 - Feb 20 with 999 viewsHumpty

Don't be daft.

We had a fantastic midfield in League One. Simple as that. And I loved watching them.

Premier League? Nah.
Had we not beaten Hull... on 07:32 - Feb 20 with 913 viewswaynekerr55

Had we not beaten Hull... on 21:35 - Feb 19 by trampie

Did you spontaneously ejaculate at that scenario Tramp?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024