Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
UFC past weekend 11:33 - Feb 20 with 1384 viewsswanjackal

Well so much for the hype of Marshman, big hitter, not much outside of it.

Edit: Go to 2:20 ish onwards, hell of a pick off.

[Post edited 20 Feb 2017 11:36]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

UFC past weekend on 15:10 - Feb 20 with 1329 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

He had a chance to finish Santos after he dropped him. If you cannot put your opponent away after that then I am afraid fighting in the UFC against the world's best is not for you.

Hopefully they give him another chance before they cut him.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

UFC past weekend on 15:16 - Feb 20 with 1321 viewsswanjackal

UFC past weekend on 15:10 - Feb 20 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

He had a chance to finish Santos after he dropped him. If you cannot put your opponent away after that then I am afraid fighting in the UFC against the world's best is not for you.

Hopefully they give him another chance before they cut him.

I don't think he did have the chance though, Santos looked like his head cleared right away and was ready for any falling attack.

Marshman needs to up his ground game significantly, as well as his range of standing attack, if he wants to procede. Losing to a decent fighter, if not elite, is no embarrasment, however only looking to land the big bomb, with zero volume set up, you will be destroyed more often than not at that level.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

UFC past weekend on 15:24 - Feb 20 with 1316 viewsWingstandwood

Don't wish to blow my own trumpet here but I would have gone in there and DUN-EM both within 25seconds.

The first guy would have been taken out with my double-spinning -reverse-axe-kick and the second with my flying-scorpion-reverse-hammer-punch/ praying mantis cyclone leg takedown combination.

Argus!

UFC past weekend on 15:34 - Feb 20 with 1308 viewsswanjackal

UFC past weekend on 15:24 - Feb 20 by Wingstandwood

Don't wish to blow my own trumpet here but I would have gone in there and DUN-EM both within 25seconds.

The first guy would have been taken out with my double-spinning -reverse-axe-kick and the second with my flying-scorpion-reverse-hammer-punch/ praying mantis cyclone leg takedown combination.

Okay.....which one are you :P

UFC past weekend on 15:35 - Feb 20 with 1305 viewsWingstandwood

UFC past weekend on 15:34 - Feb 20 by swanjackal

Argus!

UFC past weekend on 17:02 - Feb 20 with 1264 viewsepaul

UFC past weekend on 15:34 - Feb 20 by swanjackal

Ah, that tickled me 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

UFC past weekend on 17:50 - Feb 20 with 1227 viewsperplex

As for all three of the lads in the UFC, getting there and maybe gaining a win or two against the lower level UFC fighters will be about as far as they will go, Marshman and John`s seem to be level headed guy`s who i believe realise this, but John Phillips and his fans are more deluded, he and they think he is going to take the UFC by storm because he has a big punch when the facts are after being given an easy first fight the UFC will step him up and he will be easily beaten he will be lucky to last 3 fights with them before they cut him.
UFC past weekend on 18:02 - Feb 20 with 1219 viewsswanjackal

UFC past weekend on 17:50 - Feb 20 by perplex

As for all three of the lads in the UFC, getting there and maybe gaining a win or two against the lower level UFC fighters will be about as far as they will go, Marshman and John`s seem to be level headed guy`s who i believe realise this, but John Phillips and his fans are more deluded, he and they think he is going to take the UFC by storm because he has a big punch when the facts are after being given an easy first fight the UFC will step him up and he will be easily beaten he will be lucky to last 3 fights with them before they cut him.

Good post. Johns I feel could be the kind of gatekeeper type of fighter for the top 15, kind like Ross Pearson, a "difficult to put away" character. Marshman I'm not sure he can do enoughon his first two showings to trouble. We'll see.

Phillips will need to have to have shown massive improvements to when he went up against a decent fighter (Trigg) before. How much has being in Ireland really improved his non existent ground game? I think you could be right though, expectations on him are way above his actual skill set. Be interesting to see how he stacks up in his first couple of fights.

Login to get fewer ads

UFC past weekend on 09:44 - Feb 21 with 1105 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

I think it is clear all three were signed just to try and promote the organisation in Wales. Attract some new Welsh fans and hope they stick if/when the Welsh guys lose a few and are cut.

They have been signing a lot of Europeans lately when there are far better fighters out there in organisations such as Bellator and the other smaller circuits in North America.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

UFC past weekend on 09:49 - Feb 21 with 1097 viewsJonnyTheJack

It was a big jump in quality of opponent for him to be fair. Thiago Santos is legit.
UFC past weekend on 09:54 - Feb 21 with 1095 viewsswanjackal

UFC past weekend on 09:44 - Feb 21 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I think it is clear all three were signed just to try and promote the organisation in Wales. Attract some new Welsh fans and hope they stick if/when the Welsh guys lose a few and are cut.

They have been signing a lot of Europeans lately when there are far better fighters out there in organisations such as Bellator and the other smaller circuits in North America.

There are better fighters in places, some won't leave due to the contract conditions and sponsorship issues imposed by the UFC.

I partly agree with the promotion aspect, but UFC tend to hoover up talent, although they would be remiss not to pick up the premium European talent. An organisation with so many divisions need fairly deep rosters to run the amount of events they do, so have no problems with the talent given a chance, and with recent boosts in non Northern American champions shows talent is rising as popularity spreads.

They deserve a chance due to their recent form, especially Johns. Whether they survive, who knows?

UFC past weekend on 17:54 - Feb 21 with 1021 viewsperplex

UFC past weekend on 09:44 - Feb 21 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I think one of the main reasons the Welsh lads have been signed up is that the UFC are getting so popular they are now holding more events than ever which means they need more fighters on there books to fill up the cards the down side to this is the quality of the cards are dropping especially in the UK and Europe, the upcoming London event will be the first one in the UK i will have missed as i have no interest in the card what so ever, i prefer now to save up the money to go to the ppv events, the next being New York in November.
UFC past weekend on 18:01 - Feb 21 with 1012 viewsswanjackal

UFC past weekend on 17:54 - Feb 21 by perplex

I think one of the main reasons the Welsh lads have been signed up is that the UFC are getting so popular they are now holding more events than ever which means they need more fighters on there books to fill up the cards the down side to this is the quality of the cards are dropping especially in the UK and Europe, the upcoming London event will be the first one in the UK i will have missed as i have no interest in the card what so ever, i prefer now to save up the money to go to the ppv events, the next being New York in November.

I find the London card to be quite decent, some good match ups there, just not for big name fighters. That being said I do agree that some of the events are not inspiring. The last PPV was awful, and I think it was apparent as soon as the final set of fights were announced, that would be the case.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024