Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
More good news, bigots: 17:49 - Feb 28 with 6235 viewsShaky

News out of Germany today suggests BMW have decided to build the new electric Mini on the continent rather than Cowley due to Brexit concerns.

We don't want those stinking foreign electric cars here anyway, give us good old reliable 19th century internal combustion technology any day, right lads?

Engeeerrrrrrland Engeeerrrrrrland Engeeerrrrrrland, etc, etc.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2017/02/27/bmw-weighs-moving-production-new-

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

More good news, bigots: on 18:00 - Feb 28 with 4682 viewsjohnlangy

I am just so surprised at this news. I really don't understand why they would make such a decision.
More good news, bigots: on 18:10 - Feb 28 with 4658 viewsFlashberryjack

BIGOT
a person who is intolerant towards those holding different opinions.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

More good news, bigots: on 18:11 - Feb 28 with 4652 viewsClinton

I believe the internal combustion engine was patented in the 1790's making it 18th century technology.
Otherwise, well said Shakers old bean. Two World Wars and one World Cup eh ?

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

More good news, bigots: on 18:11 - Feb 28 with 4652 viewssiralan

Are they British?

Why would they not build it on the continent ?
More good news, bigots: on 18:16 - Feb 28 with 4638 viewsWitneyjack

They've been making these noises for a little while. Funnily enough it coincides with them trying to bring in new working terms and conditions. Cue the Unions giving in and the Government offering some financial incentives and it will be produced in Cowley.
More good news, bigots: on 18:27 - Feb 28 with 4610 viewsblueytheblue

More good news, bigots: on 18:16 - Feb 28 by Witneyjack

They've been making these noises for a little while. Funnily enough it coincides with them trying to bring in new working terms and conditions. Cue the Unions giving in and the Government offering some financial incentives and it will be produced in Cowley.

Nah, can't be that.

It was bigots. Shaky said so.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

More good news, bigots: on 18:33 - Feb 28 with 4597 viewsGowerjack

Yep

And Treeza claiming it as positive news for the country and evidence of how Brexit is good for the economy.

That's if she's the time of course she may be busy deciding how to spend that £350,000,000 a week on the NHS....

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

More good news, bigots: on 18:47 - Feb 28 with 4559 viewslonglostjack

Nissan putting pressure on the Govt today too. The City will be next. Everything's going to be rosy and a new dawn is breaking according to the Thatcher wannabe though. Anybody who doesn't believe is a pessimistic remoaner like that snowflake John Major.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Login to get fewer ads

More good news, bigots: on 18:51 - Feb 28 with 4543 viewsblueytheblue

More good news, bigots: on 18:47 - Feb 28 by longlostjack

Nissan putting pressure on the Govt today too. The City will be next. Everything's going to be rosy and a new dawn is breaking according to the Thatcher wannabe though. Anybody who doesn't believe is a pessimistic remoaner like that snowflake John Major.

Major is so pro EU though of course he's a pessimistic Remoaner.

Maybe if he'd had a referendum over Maastricht a lot of problems could have been resolved a long time ago.

You'd figure he'd have learnt from Black Wednesday before commenting.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

More good news, bigots: on 19:30 - Feb 28 with 4481 viewssiralan

More good news, bigots: on 18:33 - Feb 28 by Gowerjack

Yep

And Treeza claiming it as positive news for the country and evidence of how Brexit is good for the economy.

That's if she's the time of course she may be busy deciding how to spend that £350,000,000 a week on the NHS....

How can she spend it if we are not out of the EU yet and still contributing that amount to them?

When given the fact that the ftse 100 has soared instead of plummeting and house prices have not crashed since the vote both of which project fear promised remoaners say "but we are not out yet" but it does not stop them going on why the nhs has not had the 350m although they say we are not out yet,hypocrites.
More good news, bigots: on 20:26 - Feb 28 with 4379 viewsGowerjack

More good news, bigots: on 19:30 - Feb 28 by siralan

How can she spend it if we are not out of the EU yet and still contributing that amount to them?

When given the fact that the ftse 100 has soared instead of plummeting and house prices have not crashed since the vote both of which project fear promised remoaners say "but we are not out yet" but it does not stop them going on why the nhs has not had the 350m although they say we are not out yet,hypocrites.

Words fail me..

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

More good news, bigots: on 21:11 - Feb 28 with 4307 viewsKilkennyjack

Yes - well done the idiots.

Beware of the Risen People

More good news, bigots: on 22:49 - Feb 28 with 4183 viewsrock1n

So even with your cynical reply with the token ticks, if we take that as gospel.

That means because of brexit we have to pay more from the Treasury coffers to keep the business in the UK and conditions for workers will suffer.

Tremendous.

The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter

More good news, bigots: on 22:54 - Feb 28 with 4168 viewsskippyjack

I remember when Tata Steel was going continental an all..

“We have not decided where we are going to build the electric Mini, and discussions about it are ongoing with a decision in due course and expected by the end of the year.”

"Many factors"

The apparent Sauce..

"How much more we will know what Brexit means by the end of the year, when the decision will come"

doesn't make one iota of sense.

This article states.. my aunties, uncle's best friends mother-inlaws sister knows a guy who works in the lower echelons of BMW as janitor.. and he said.. 'BREXIT, BREXIT, BREXIT!'

F*cking ell Shaky.. have you seen somebody? or has your ego surpassed the normal range of sanity?

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

More good news, bigots: on 22:57 - Feb 28 with 4158 viewsLohengrin

More good news, bigots: on 22:49 - Feb 28 by rock1n

So even with your cynical reply with the token ticks, if we take that as gospel.

That means because of brexit we have to pay more from the Treasury coffers to keep the business in the UK and conditions for workers will suffer.

Tremendous.

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't it the Conservatives (a misnomer if ever there was one) that were the enthusiastic cheerleaders of selling British industry off to foreign interests?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

More good news, bigots: on 23:02 - Feb 28 with 4150 viewsrock1n

More good news, bigots: on 22:57 - Feb 28 by Lohengrin

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't it the Conservatives (a misnomer if ever there was one) that were the enthusiastic cheerleaders of selling British industry off to foreign interests?

I'm no cheerleader for the tories these days, I've stated several times that I worry that we'll end up becoming more liberal on economics going forward.

I believe in a market economy, with a thriving private sector but I don't want us to become the tax haven of Europe.

The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter

More good news, bigots: on 23:12 - Feb 28 with 4125 viewsLohengrin

More good news, bigots: on 23:02 - Feb 28 by rock1n

I'm no cheerleader for the tories these days, I've stated several times that I worry that we'll end up becoming more liberal on economics going forward.

I believe in a market economy, with a thriving private sector but I don't want us to become the tax haven of Europe.

What would you propose then to arrest decline? I have always been of the belief that there is no situation irretrievable if the political will is resolute, but where are we to look for a lead?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

More good news, bigots: on 23:14 - Feb 28 with 4119 viewsKilkennyjack

More good news, bigots: on 22:57 - Feb 28 by Lohengrin

Oh yes ....

British Coal, British Steel, British Airways, British Gas, British Petroleum, British Ports, British Rail, plus the Water Board, the Post Office, National Buses, the NHS, etc

We have only got the British armed forces left. Ffs.

Beware of the Risen People

More good news, bigots: on 23:29 - Feb 28 with 4088 viewsrock1n

More good news, bigots: on 23:12 - Feb 28 by Lohengrin

What would you propose then to arrest decline? I have always been of the belief that there is no situation irretrievable if the political will is resolute, but where are we to look for a lead?

I believe in the EU, I believe that we should be at the heart of the project.

I've always enjoyed your eloquence and intellect, I'm sure you've said that you believe in European Nationalism. I'm similar to you.

I don't see our future as isolationist, I worry for the future. The key for me is to dramatically reform the banking sector, the UK has been too focussed on short-termism we don't invest in the future. For me integrating European Nation States makes sense and we can all use our National strengths to share knowledge and ideas.

More good news, bigots: on 23:41 - Feb 28 with 4067 viewsSilverSurfer

Why is this such a surprise?
It was announced over a year ago that the new land rover is being built in Slovakia.

We just have to accept that we no longer have a British car industry
More good news, bigots: on 23:46 - Feb 28 with 4059 viewsrock1n

More good news, bigots: on 23:41 - Feb 28 by SilverSurfer

Why is this such a surprise?
It was announced over a year ago that the new land rover is being built in Slovakia.

We just have to accept that we no longer have a British car industry

Eh? We have a thriving car industry

More good news, bigots: on 23:54 - Feb 28 with 4044 viewsrock1n

More good news, bigots: on 23:14 - Feb 28 by Kilkennyjack

Oh yes ....

British Coal, British Steel, British Airways, British Gas, British Petroleum, British Ports, British Rail, plus the Water Board, the Post Office, National Buses, the NHS, etc

We have only got the British armed forces left. Ffs.

BA s a brilliant example of privatisation, a thriving International business.

Does it become a thing of beauty and Nationalism because it's run by the State?
[Post edited 28 Feb 2017 23:54]

More good news, bigots: on 23:54 - Feb 28 with 4042 viewsSilverSurfer

Really? Jaguar land rover owed by Indians, mini owned by Germans and Nissan in Sunderland . What part of all that is British?
More good news, bigots: on 00:03 - Mar 1 with 4024 viewsrock1n

More good news, bigots: on 23:54 - Feb 28 by SilverSurfer

Really? Jaguar land rover owed by Indians, mini owned by Germans and Nissan in Sunderland . What part of all that is British?

That's the reason I said it's thriving because of International investment and management, I couldn't care less who the owners are.

More good news, bigots: on 00:14 - Mar 1 with 4011 viewsSilverSurfer

More good news, bigots: on 00:03 - Mar 1 by rock1n

That's the reason I said it's thriving because of International investment and management, I couldn't care less who the owners are.

Maybe you should care.
Tata have built a new state of the art factory in Slovakia for the production of the new range of land rovers.
Solihull's day's are numbered once the current models come to an end there is nothing planned to replace them.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024