Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Walesonline 09:55 - Mar 3 with 4409 viewsjohnlangy

Wales is unequal and people outside Cardiff feel neglected, says Leanne Wood in pledge to 'rebalance' country'

This is the first headline in Walesonline today. I haven't even read it yet (just about to) but thought i'd prompt anyone interested to check it out.
Walesonline on 10:09 - Mar 3 with 2960 viewsperchrockjack

Maybe Leanne should speak to those in Queensferry, Shotton or Connah s Quay but it d have to be in English.

How about balancing Welsh and non speaking Welsh people

How about Leanne buys some decent underwear. I'm sure Trampie would act as her corsetierre

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Walesonline on 10:16 - Mar 3 with 2942 viewstrampie

Outlets are reporting its going to be a major speech by Leanne, Plaid want investment for the whole of Wales and not just Cardiff.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Walesonline on 10:44 - Mar 3 with 2909 viewssiralan

PC politicians would do exactly the same as Labour have done and go along with the neglect of the rest of Wales to the benefit of Cardiff once in the WAG just to promote their careers.

But the Welsh are dull enough to accept it and carry on voting Labour,we get what we deserve.
Walesonline on 10:45 - Mar 3 with 2906 viewsPrivate_Partz

Just seen it. I wonder how that one slipped through the editorial net.
I wonder if BBC or ITV Cardiff will touch it tonight. The poll thay are running there already says 73%feel the rest of Wales is neglected. I expect this to be dropped like a stone within a couple of days.
Well done Leanne but such a shame she holds her conference in the SE and is still championing only deprived areas in the Cardiff Valleys. Deserving areas though they are the house prices are raising there as a commuter belt to an overheating Cardiff. They have excellent transport links which are about to be dramatically improved with the metro. Other areas need her support as well. Particularly North Wales.
It is promising but there is a massive amount of work to be done. She could start by highlighting the HMRC, DWP and the billion pound bypass fiascos.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2017 10:47]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Walesonline on 10:53 - Mar 3 with 2886 viewstrampie

Walesonline on 10:44 - Mar 3 by siralan

PC politicians would do exactly the same as Labour have done and go along with the neglect of the rest of Wales to the benefit of Cardiff once in the WAG just to promote their careers.

But the Welsh are dull enough to accept it and carry on voting Labour,we get what we deserve.

Plaid Cymru heartlands are far away from Cardiff, if you was being cynical then its not in Plaid Cymru politicians interest to abandon their voters and become Cardiff centric when in office.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Walesonline on 10:57 - Mar 3 with 2885 viewsblueytheblue

Walesonline on 10:53 - Mar 3 by trampie

Plaid Cymru heartlands are far away from Cardiff, if you was being cynical then its not in Plaid Cymru politicians interest to abandon their voters and become Cardiff centric when in office.

It is in their interests if they want to build a power base, Trampie.

When will people grasp that politicians in Wales are still politicians - just less competent than the average politician.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Walesonline on 10:59 - Mar 3 with 2876 viewssiralan

Walesonline on 10:53 - Mar 3 by trampie

You could say exactly the same about Labour politicians but they do.

And there is no reason to believe PC would be any different.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2017 11:01]
Walesonline on 11:01 - Mar 3 with 2869 viewsmonmouth

Walesonline on 10:57 - Mar 3 by blueytheblue

It is in their interests if they want to build a power base, Trampie.

When will people grasp that politicians in Wales are still politicians - just less competent than the average politician.

I can't help but like Leanne Wood for some reason, but that sounds like a good motto:

Plaid Cymru: "Like the rest, but shitter"

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Login to get fewer ads

Walesonline on 11:03 - Mar 3 with 2858 viewsperchrockjack

They won't bluesy, they won't

Now them ,what s that about Leanne and shitter

Walesonline on 11:04 - Mar 3 with 2853 viewstrampie

Walesonline on 10:45 - Mar 3 by Private_Partz

Just seen it. I wonder how that one slipped through the editorial net.
I wonder if BBC or ITV Cardiff will touch it tonight. The poll thay are running there already says 73%feel the rest of Wales is neglected. I expect this to be dropped like a stone within a couple of days.
Well done Leanne but such a shame she holds her conference in the SE and is still championing only deprived areas in the Cardiff Valleys. Deserving areas though they are the house prices are raising there as a commuter belt to an overheating Cardiff. They have excellent transport links which are about to be dramatically improved with the metro. Other areas need her support as well. Particularly North Wales.
It is promising but there is a massive amount of work to be done. She could start by highlighting the HMRC, DWP and the billion pound bypass fiascos.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2017 10:47]

The valley's deserve investment before Swansea, Swansea needs to get in line.

As regards Plaids conferences they tend to go all over Wales, the previous Spring Conference was in Llanelli, the last Autumn Conference was in Llangollen.

Walesonline on 11:10 - Mar 3 with 2832 viewstrampie

Walesonline on 10:59 - Mar 3 by siralan

You could say exactly the same about Labour politicians but they do.

And there is no reason to believe PC would be any different.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2017 11:01]

No you couldn't say the same because Labour won every single Cardiff seat at the last Assembly elections, Cardiff Central, Cardiff North, Cardiff South & Penarth and Cardiff West.

Plaid represent people far away from Cardiff.

Walesonline on 11:25 - Mar 3 with 2818 viewsblueytheblue

Walesonline on 11:04 - Mar 3 by trampie

As regards Plaids conferences they tend to go all over Wales, the previous Spring Conference was in Llanelli, the last Autumn Conference was in Llangollen.

So they only go to places starting with "Llan" then?

Bigots...

Walesonline on 11:32 - Mar 3 with 2799 viewstrampie

Walesonline on 11:25 - Mar 3 by blueytheblue

So they only go to places starting with "Llan" then?

Bigots...

Casnewydd or Newport if you like does not start with ''Llan''. lol

Walesonline on 11:35 - Mar 3 with 2794 viewssiralan

Walesonline on 11:10 - Mar 3 by trampie

No you couldn't say the same because Labour won every single Cardiff seat at the last Assembly elections, Cardiff Central, Cardiff North, Cardiff South & Penarth and Cardiff West.

Plaid represent people far away from Cardiff.

So PC do not represent Cardiff and places that are not "far away" ?

There are plenty of Labour MPs representing areas "far away from Cardiff" that
still go along with the massive funding Cardiff receives.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2017 11:37]
Walesonline on 11:44 - Mar 3 with 2774 viewstrampie

Walesonline on 11:35 - Mar 3 by siralan

So PC do not represent Cardiff and places that are not "far away" ?

There are plenty of Labour MPs representing areas "far away from Cardiff" that
still go along with the massive funding Cardiff receives.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2017 11:37]

Labours powerbase in Wales is South Wales including Cardiff .

Plaid are a party that represents all of Wales, to suggest that if Plaid got in they would look after Cardiff at the expense of the rest of Wales is nonsense, Glyndwr and the boys burnt Cardiff to the ground, oops that sounds like Alun Cairns thinking, lol.

See Leanne Wood's comments in todays press, Leanne and Plaid are on a mission to rebalance Wales.

Walesonline on 11:52 - Mar 3 with 2773 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

good luck to Leanne and plaid cymru i say, much change is needed in wales

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Walesonline on 12:03 - Mar 3 with 2752 viewsLeonWasGod

Walesonline on 11:52 - Mar 3 by oh_tommy_tommy

good luck to Leanne and plaid cymru i say, much change is needed in wales

What Wales really needs is a Superhero. Let's club together to get this for Trampie

Walesonline on 12:32 - Mar 3 with 2722 viewsSilverSurfer

Walesonline on 10:09 - Mar 3 by perchrockjack

Maybe Leanne should speak to those in Queensferry, Shotton or Connah s Quay but it d have to be in English.

How about Leanne buys some decent underwear. I'm sure Trampie would act as her corsetierre

Leanne Woods cant speak welsh she said she tried learning but gave up because its was too time consuming and difficult
Walesonline on 12:52 - Mar 3 with 2682 viewsperchrockjack

So the leader of the party of Wales cannot speak Welsh

Ok

I'd have thought it would have been worth the effort in for no other reason than to look the good people of Gwyedd in the eye

Walesonline on 12:53 - Mar 3 with 2675 viewsrock1n

If they dropped Lianne and had someone like Adam Price or Rhun ap Iorwerth I might consider voting for them in WAG elections.

She is just labour with a manufactured accent.

The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter

Walesonline on 13:17 - Mar 3 with 2636 viewsPrivate_Partz

Walesonline on 11:04 - Mar 3 by trampie

Most on here have said Swansea possibly has had a decent share of investment compared to some areas of Wales. It can't be denied though that it is a regional centre and has nowhere near the infrastructure to reflect that. The problem investment has been massively skewed towards Cardiff with the full encouragement of WAG to the detriment of the WHOLE of Wales.
I have always said the A55 as a main artery to Ireland should be a motorway. Plus a North South Wales motorway to benefit all areas and help open up another corridor to Northern France and Spain thereby encouraging investment along all the routes.
It is very important this is not made out to be a Swansea v Cardiff thing or the 'Chips on the shoulder' brigade will be out in force.
Like I said a lot of work to be done. Is Leanne up to the job? I am amazed she has not trumpeted this line before. She gets my vote if she sticks to her guns. The media are sure as Hell ain't going to like it and she will need to call them to task if she feels she is not getting a fair hearing.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Walesonline on 13:19 - Mar 3 with 2634 viewstrampie

Walesonline on 12:53 - Mar 3 by rock1n

If they dropped Lianne and had someone like Adam Price or Rhun ap Iorwerth I might consider voting for them in WAG elections.

She is just labour with a manufactured accent.

Those two are currently the next favourites for the top job, but Leanne is sitting pretty at the top of the tree at the moment, things can change quickly in politics, its a results business just like football, Leanne stopped the slide now can she take Plaid back up the league there are local elections coming up but the next General Election and Assembly Elections [main one for Plaid these days] are a long way away unless there is a snap General Election.

Walesonline on 14:10 - Mar 3 with 2606 viewsjacabertawe

Walesonline on 10:09 - Mar 3 by perchrockjack

There you go again.
Leanne is not a Welsh speaker.
Your final comment is infantile sexism.

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

Walesonline on 16:00 - Mar 3 with 2553 viewstrampie

Top speech by Leanne, just watched it, good stuff I would say, opening up with a local element, outlining recent Plaid successes and talking about the future.

When she came off stage not just handshakes but lots of hugging, I did notice walking up the steps through the crowd to go out, there seemed to be a bit of a wobble, not a Hilary moment but a little shaky, could have been her high heels.

Bethan next on stage, remarked straight away what a tough gig she had to follow after Leanne's speech, lol.

Walesonline on 16:08 - Mar 3 with 2535 viewsblueytheblue

Walesonline on 14:10 - Mar 3 by jacabertawe

There you go again.
Leanne is not a Welsh speaker.
Your final comment is infantile sexism.

Snigger, he wrote "sex"...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024