Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What's going on ..... 14:01 - Mar 3 with 1594 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

I've read this today

It's a good read to be fair unless you really can't see what's happening in front of our very own eyes even the biggest Tory fanboy must be concerned ( probably not though)

http://anotherangryvoice.blogspot.co.uk/2017/03/british-workers-are-suffering-wo

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

What's going on ..... on 14:38 - Mar 3 with 1570 viewsPegojack

Tory fanboys don't give a sh1t, Tommy, and neither does the general population, it seems.

I was watching the news this morning to see teachers leaders explaining how schools are facing further budget cuts which are unsustainable. Does anyone give a monkey's? There was some Tory apologist education minister on there spouting the same platitudes when pressed by the interviewer.

The education system is in crisis due to austerity, as is the NHS, as is the prison service, as is the adult social care service, as is the police service, as is the army, the navy, etc, etc.

DOES ANYONE GIVE A SH1T???? I despair.

The only people I hate more than this bunch of weasely Tories is Corbyn and his coterie from the People's Republic of Islington. The Tories are cruising at the moment thanks to this pathetic apology for a Labour leader and his cloud cookooland supporters, when the party ought to be putting forward sensible alternative policies with vigour and leadership, and they ought to be streets ahead in the polls, with the Tories sh1tting themselves about the next election, not grinning from ear to ear.
What's going on ..... on 15:05 - Mar 3 with 1551 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

What's going on ..... on 14:38 - Mar 3 by Pegojack

Tory fanboys don't give a sh1t, Tommy, and neither does the general population, it seems.

I was watching the news this morning to see teachers leaders explaining how schools are facing further budget cuts which are unsustainable. Does anyone give a monkey's? There was some Tory apologist education minister on there spouting the same platitudes when pressed by the interviewer.

The education system is in crisis due to austerity, as is the NHS, as is the prison service, as is the adult social care service, as is the police service, as is the army, the navy, etc, etc.

DOES ANYONE GIVE A SH1T???? I despair.

The only people I hate more than this bunch of weasely Tories is Corbyn and his coterie from the People's Republic of Islington. The Tories are cruising at the moment thanks to this pathetic apology for a Labour leader and his cloud cookooland supporters, when the party ought to be putting forward sensible alternative policies with vigour and leadership, and they ought to be streets ahead in the polls, with the Tories sh1tting themselves about the next election, not grinning from ear to ear.

We need Austerity they say !!

Some superb points there Hereford fair play it's good to see some really know what's going on .

Although the hatred to Corbyn is a bit unfair, unfortunately the demise of the Labour Party started 11 years ago Anf it's in free fall and won't recover the partys's split.
He's standing up to this but it's falling on deaf years .

Any way let's not make this a another corbyn thread or left v right thread, that's done to death.

Nobody sees this in the national news surely it must make the top headlines ??

[Post edited 3 Mar 2017 15:10]

What's going on ..... on 15:28 - Mar 3 with 1508 viewsHighjack

We need a different voting system. Simple as that.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

What's going on ..... on 15:57 - Mar 3 with 1484 viewsWingstandwood

QUOTE: "One of the most significant causes of the unprecedented decline in UK workers' wages is the replacement of "real" full-time jobs with part-time, zero hours and gig economy contracts. Since 2010 only around a third of new jobs have been full-time paid positions, with the rest being part-time or self-employment."

So profound! So bang on the button and just backed up a previous post of mine about the creeping rot/decline of U.K employment wages, conditions and standards. I've experienced the decline myself and it's extremely worrying for many youngsters whom are being offered (quote Johnny Rottens prophet words) "No future". Its snowballing and getting worse by every passing year!
[Post edited 3 Mar 2017 15:58]

Argus!

What's going on ..... on 15:59 - Mar 3 with 1474 viewsdailew

What's going on ..... on 15:05 - Mar 3 by oh_tommy_tommy

We need Austerity they say !!

Some superb points there Hereford fair play it's good to see some really know what's going on .

Although the hatred to Corbyn is a bit unfair, unfortunately the demise of the Labour Party started 11 years ago Anf it's in free fall and won't recover the partys's split.
He's standing up to this but it's falling on deaf years .

Any way let's not make this a another corbyn thread or left v right thread, that's done to death.

Nobody sees this in the national news surely it must make the top headlines ??

[Post edited 3 Mar 2017 15:10]

Austerity hasn't been tried yet.

I wouldn't call overspending by around £220m a day being austere.

One day (perhaps soon) real austerity will be forced on the UK. People won't know what hit them.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

What's going on ..... on 16:09 - Mar 3 with 1456 viewsjojaca

What's going on ..... on 15:57 - Mar 3 by Wingstandwood

QUOTE: "One of the most significant causes of the unprecedented decline in UK workers' wages is the replacement of "real" full-time jobs with part-time, zero hours and gig economy contracts. Since 2010 only around a third of new jobs have been full-time paid positions, with the rest being part-time or self-employment."

So profound! So bang on the button and just backed up a previous post of mine about the creeping rot/decline of U.K employment wages, conditions and standards. I've experienced the decline myself and it's extremely worrying for many youngsters whom are being offered (quote Johnny Rottens prophet words) "No future". Its snowballing and getting worse by every passing year!
[Post edited 3 Mar 2017 15:58]

Its happening in my work place, only employing new starters on 8 hour flexi contracts. One week they can do 40+ hours the following week 8 hours.

Even when you know, you never know?

What's going on ..... on 17:25 - Mar 3 with 1413 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

It's a sad state of affairs for sure .

Greed has reached its goal and everyone wants a slice of it.

What's going on ..... on 18:36 - Mar 3 with 1368 viewsrock1n

Soon as I see zero hours in there I turn off.

Productivity is a problem we've had for a long time, it has naff all to with the coalition Gov.

The Blair years lived off the City which was immensely productive and brought billions into the economy, since this collapsed we've seen a drop.

This is the problem with you Tommy, you only see this through party lines you can't see this is a problem we've had for decades.

We've had mass eu migration because we've had a booming jobs market, it's not some myth we have. Is every job great? Of course not.

You can't turn around a productivity problem in a few years.

The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter

Login to get fewer ads

What's going on ..... on 23:09 - Mar 3 with 1263 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

What's going on ..... on 18:36 - Mar 3 by rock1n

Soon as I see zero hours in there I turn off.

Productivity is a problem we've had for a long time, it has naff all to with the coalition Gov.

The Blair years lived off the City which was immensely productive and brought billions into the economy, since this collapsed we've seen a drop.

This is the problem with you Tommy, you only see this through party lines you can't see this is a problem we've had for decades.

We've had mass eu migration because we've had a booming jobs market, it's not some myth we have. Is every job great? Of course not.

You can't turn around a productivity problem in a few years.

So everyone's a lazy c@nt

And I have a problem ?

Fancy Zero hour contract then Rockey ,you'd fancy a bit of that yeah ?

What's going on ..... on 23:15 - Mar 3 with 1251 viewsDr_Winston

If employers want to offer zero hours contracts then they should be allowed to. If employees want to tell employers to shove their zero hours contracts where the sun doesn't shine then they should be allowed to.

If employers start struggling to fill their available positions then they'll change their approach soon enough. Basic supply and demand.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

What's going on ..... on 23:28 - Mar 3 with 1228 viewsrock1n

What's going on ..... on 23:09 - Mar 3 by oh_tommy_tommy

And I have a problem ?

Where are these zero hrs jobs? All the jobs I see advertised are full time jobs.

The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter

What's going on ..... on 23:29 - Mar 3 with 1226 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

What's going on ..... on 23:28 - Mar 3 by rock1n

Where are these zero hrs jobs? All the jobs I see advertised are full time jobs.

Ok Rock .....I'm out

What's going on ..... on 23:30 - Mar 3 with 1221 viewsrock1n

What's going on ..... on 23:15 - Mar 3 by Dr_Winston

If employers want to offer zero hours contracts then they should be allowed to. If employees want to tell employers to shove their zero hours contracts where the sun doesn't shine then they should be allowed to.

If employers start struggling to fill their available positions then they'll change their approach soon enough. Basic supply and demand.

Also zero hrs jobs have been proven to be very popular with most who take them, as they provide flexibility.

I did one once it suited my circumstances at the time:

I would be called and they would ask are you available for work during X time, I could say no if I wanted it was great for me at that stage in my life.

If you ban them you reduce opportunities for people. It's not black and white.

What's going on ..... on 23:31 - Mar 3 with 1221 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

I agree with that DR and also a lot of retired people have them .

What's going on ..... on 23:31 - Mar 3 with 1220 viewsLeonWasGod

What's going on ..... on 15:28 - Mar 3 by Highjack

We need a different voting system. Simple as that.

What's going on ..... on 23:34 - Mar 3 with 1214 viewsrock1n

What's going on ..... on 23:29 - Mar 3 by oh_tommy_tommy

Ok Rock .....I'm out

Seriously? Where are they - there's plenty of full time work advertised.

What's going on ..... on 23:45 - Mar 3 with 1203 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

What's going on ..... on 23:34 - Mar 3 by rock1n

Seriously? Where are they - there's plenty of full time work advertised.

Fracking hell mun

Here you go read this in today's Rag

I'm off to bed

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/business/2017/mar/03/zero-hou

What's going on ..... on 01:15 - Mar 4 with 1176 viewsrock1n

What's going on ..... on 23:45 - Mar 3 by oh_tommy_tommy

Fracking hell mun

Here you go read this in today's Rag

I'm off to bed

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/business/2017/mar/03/zero-hou

Around 32 million in work with record employment rate, show me where these jobs are - go on the jobs boards not guardian HQ.

900,000 zero hrs, so what's that around 3% of the workforce

Of that more than 50% are happy to be on zero hrs work.

So that leave 1.25% of the 32m unhappy with their arrangement.

Not a good situation Tommy, but let's get a bit of perspective on this.

If that the zero sum game of Corbynista economics, maybe he is actually appealing to the 1% after all?
[Post edited 4 Mar 2017 1:16]

What's going on ..... on 01:20 - Mar 4 with 1173 viewsrock1n

What's going on ..... on 23:09 - Mar 3 by oh_tommy_tommy

And I have a problem ?

By the way I think the British worker is pretty lazy.

You go abroad e.g. Germany they work less hrs but when they work, they work no gossiping about b.s. no checking out social media etc etc.

That's not to say that's the issue but if you're honest British workers always look at ways to get out of doing work and as a result we end up working longer hrs.

Far better to be productive for 5 hrs, than half soaked for 9

What's going on ..... on 03:46 - Mar 4 with 1137 viewsLoyal

Or become a non employer .....

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

What's going on ..... on 08:45 - Mar 4 with 1067 viewsdailew

All well and good if the power was evenly distributed but it's not.

The employers mostly have the power or these contracts wouldn't exists in the first place. They undoubtedly suit a few employees but are awful for most people. People want stability and to be able to plan.

A citizen's 'income would help many and give them more power to refuse cräppy jobs.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024