Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anthony Taylor 11:47 - Mar 5 with 4375 viewsBenJ94

Should any action be taken against him? We all know that it was probably the worst decision against any team in a long long time, luckily, in the end, it didn't affect the outcome, but if we'd lost or drawn I'd be a lot more pissed than I am now. So, should we take the matter to the FA? Could this be the incident that changes people's mind on Video Referee's etc?
Anthony Taylor on 11:49 - Mar 5 with 3056 viewsunion_jack

Unfortunately these things happen week in, week out. Not saying it wasn't an appalling decision because it was. The future of off-field refereeing won't hinge on this alone but it will undoubtedly add fuel to the fire.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Anthony Taylor on 11:51 - Mar 5 with 3031 viewsDarran

First thing that should be happening imo is that refs should be explaining some of their decisions and Taylor should explain what he saw.
I'm not usually one to go on about decisions going against us like the Chelsea penalty not given last week seeing as we had a staggering decision go for us in the home fixture but yesterday's decision was incredibly bizarre.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Anthony Taylor on 11:53 - Mar 5 with 3026 viewsswancity

Quite simply an error. It wasn't costly. Get over it.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Anthony Taylor on 11:56 - Mar 5 with 3005 viewsexiledclaseboy

Anthony Taylor on 11:53 - Mar 5 by swancity

Partially agree, mistakes happen. But we'd all be feeling very differently had we not gone on to win the game.

Poll: Tory leader

Anthony Taylor on 11:57 - Mar 5 with 2989 viewsDafyddHuw

Thing is though, refs can just shrug this off as a mistake and move on to the next game.

But that decision could well have cost us the game and we could easily have got relegated because of it. For teams down ther like us fighting for survival, ref's mistakes can cost millions of pounds.
We really need to be using video tech asap.
Anthony Taylor on 11:58 - Mar 5 with 2986 viewsunion_jack

Anthony Taylor on 11:51 - Mar 5 by Darran

First thing that should be happening imo is that refs should be explaining some of their decisions and Taylor should explain what he saw.
I'm not usually one to go on about decisions going against us like the Chelsea penalty not given last week seeing as we had a staggering decision go for us in the home fixture but yesterday's decision was incredibly bizarre.

It's easier to deal with because ultimately we won the game.

But, I have sympathy with the refs at times. I have no doubt that Taylor was sure he'd seen a Swansea arm handle the ball. Now with all the denial by Swans players and the lack of appealing by Burnley players it must have made him think. However, he can't change his mind because of that otherwise it would set a dangerous precedent. Video refs should be used for things like this but such referrals will have to be very definitely categorised. On other words, nit for just any old thing.

Anthony Taylor on 11:58 - Mar 5 with 2974 viewsDarran

It's more than an error for me. He clearly didn't see a Swansea player handle the ball so why did he give a penalty?

I'd like to hear his view on it.

Anthony Taylor on 12:00 - Mar 5 with 2959 viewsDarran

Anthony Taylor on 11:58 - Mar 5 by union_jack

But, I have sympathy with the refs at times. I have no doubt that Taylor was sure he'd seen a Swansea arm handle the ball. Now with all the denial by Swans players and the lack of appealing by Burnley players it must have made him think. However, he can't change his mind because of that otherwise it would set a dangerous precedent. Video refs should be used for things like this but such referrals will have to be very definitely categorised. On other words, nit for just any old thing.

He couldn't possibly have been sure.

Login to get fewer ads

Anthony Taylor on 12:01 - Mar 5 with 2960 viewsperchrockjack

Players are basically dishonest and officials need help

However, they also need to be in possession of gonads

Two refs bottled matters yesterday

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Anthony Taylor on 12:03 - Mar 5 with 2953 viewsunion_jack

Anthony Taylor on 12:00 - Mar 5 by Darran

He couldn't possibly have been sure.

Well in hindsight of course. But you can see something that you are 100% certain about at the time and it transpires you are wrong. As they say, hindsight is 20/20 vision.

Agree with the accountability though. Even if it's via an official statement rather than a press grilling. Would be a start.

Anthony Taylor on 12:05 - Mar 5 with 2934 viewstomdickharry

With all the technology available nowadays the game should embrace what is available and use it as an aid especially for match officials when key decision are questionable.With mistakes happening practically every weekend Video technology can't come quickly enough.
Anthony Taylor on 12:05 - Mar 5 with 2930 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Anthony Taylor on 11:58 - Mar 5 by union_jack

If you see the replay immediately after the ball hits Vokes' hand Gylfi appealed for hand ball. He was the only one to appeal. Burnley didn't AFAIK

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Anthony Taylor on 12:07 - Mar 5 with 2914 views34dfgdf54

Anthony Taylor on 11:58 - Mar 5 by Darran

It's more than an error for me. He clearly didn't see a Swansea player handle the ball so why did he give a penalty?

I'd like to hear his view on it.

I'm with Darran on this.

It happens too many times with certain refs with us, someone posted the QPR away game on facebook today with Anthony Taylor. Routs red carded for being fouled and Rob Green handling miles outside his area stopping a certain goal. You could show several games of us being shafted by Mike Dean also, some refs have it in for us big time.
Anthony Taylor on 12:11 - Mar 5 with 2889 viewsmonmouth

Clement had it right again. The only people in the ground that don't have instant access to a replay are the only ones that really need it. I don't like Taylor though, I think he is just a really poor referee.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Anthony Taylor on 12:40 - Mar 5 with 2824 viewsWarwickHunt

Anthony Taylor on 12:07 - Mar 5 by 34dfgdf54

I'm with Darran on this.

It happens too many times with certain refs with us, someone posted the QPR away game on facebook today with Anthony Taylor. Routs red carded for being fouled and Rob Green handling miles outside his area stopping a certain goal. You could show several games of us being shafted by Mike Dean also, some refs have it in for us big time.

They don't - they're just shite.

Madley, Foy and Taylor are simply incompetent. Dean is a drama queen.
Anthony Taylor on 12:45 - Mar 5 with 2799 viewswaveydavey

Taylor has reffed us 4 times in the last 3 seasons.
1.QPR away .Routledge incorrectly sent off and Rob Green not sent off when deliberately handling outside the area.
2. Liverpool away . Only goal of game a Liverpool penalty given when Neil Taylor had his back to the ball.
3. Everton away. Nothing controversial as far as I remember (I may be wrong)
4. Yesterday
It's not a very good record is it?
Anthony Taylor on 12:56 - Mar 5 with 2754 viewsWarwickHunt

Anthony Taylor on 12:45 - Mar 5 by waveydavey

Taylor has reffed us 4 times in the last 3 seasons.
1.QPR away .Routledge incorrectly sent off and Rob Green not sent off when deliberately handling outside the area.
2. Liverpool away . Only goal of game a Liverpool penalty given when Neil Taylor had his back to the ball.
3. Everton away. Nothing controversial as far as I remember (I may be wrong)
4. Yesterday
It's not a very good record is it?

He's not a very good referee...
Anthony Taylor on 13:01 - Mar 5 with 2727 viewsBournedore

Anthony Taylor on 11:49 - Mar 5 by union_jack

Unfortunately these things happen week in, week out. Not saying it wasn't an appalling decision because it was. The future of off-field refereeing won't hinge on this alone but it will undoubtedly add fuel to the fire.

See what you're saying but not sure something as bad as that happens week in week out. That was particularly poor. Contentious decisions yes but errors as blatant as that? No. His gaffers need to read him the riot act. He must have guessed and that's just not good enough. If he wasn't certain it's play on.
Anthony Taylor on 13:12 - Mar 5 with 2685 viewsJinxy

In my view, part of the problem is the expectation/norm to make a snap decision within a second or two. Where else in life are decisions, with such considerable potential consequence, expected within such a short space of time, in such a chaotic environment?

Football nicely flows so quickly compared to rugby and we need to preserve that and find a balance. Referees would perhaps default to video too frequently, as they do in rugby (perhaps an easy sell there because rugby has many stoppages anyhow).

For me, a good start would be encouraging the possibility of confering with the assistant ref (even if they just buy time to think and compute what they just saw, or didn't see) without being hassled and badgered by players.
Anthony Taylor on 13:17 - Mar 5 with 2661 viewsunion_jack

Anthony Taylor on 13:01 - Mar 5 by Bournedore

See what you're saying but not sure something as bad as that happens week in week out. That was particularly poor. Contentious decisions yes but errors as blatant as that? No. His gaffers need to read him the riot act. He must have guessed and that's just not good enough. If he wasn't certain it's play on.

I worded it badly. I agree, yesterday's was a stand out error.

Anthony Taylor on 13:19 - Mar 5 with 2648 viewsWarwickHunt

Anthony Taylor on 13:12 - Mar 5 by Jinxy

In my view, part of the problem is the expectation/norm to make a snap decision within a second or two. Where else in life are decisions, with such considerable potential consequence, expected within such a short space of time, in such a chaotic environment?

Football nicely flows so quickly compared to rugby and we need to preserve that and find a balance. Referees would perhaps default to video too frequently, as they do in rugby (perhaps an easy sell there because rugby has many stoppages anyhow).

For me, a good start would be encouraging the possibility of confering with the assistant ref (even if they just buy time to think and compute what they just saw, or didn't see) without being hassled and badgered by players.

Limit the number of unsuccessful referrals like they do in cricket.

I doubt if anyone gives a flying fûck about the odd delay though.
Anthony Taylor on 13:23 - Mar 5 with 2625 viewsDr_Winston

Anthony Taylor on 13:19 - Mar 5 by WarwickHunt

Limit the number of unsuccessful referrals like they do in cricket.

I doubt if anyone gives a flying fûck about the odd delay though.

A two minute delay is infinitely preferable to all parties rather than a clusterf*ck like that penalty award.

Always liked the idea of a referral system like cricket, but I'd like to see the ref have the ability to check himself without a review request if he feels the need.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Anthony Taylor on 13:27 - Mar 5 with 2603 viewsunion_jack

Anthony Taylor on 13:23 - Mar 5 by Dr_Winston

A two minute delay is infinitely preferable to all parties rather than a clusterf*ck like that penalty award.

Always liked the idea of a referral system like cricket, but I'd like to see the ref have the ability to check himself without a review request if he feels the need.

If something is brought in I'd like to see the clock stopped a la rugby but not sure how that would work for time wasting infringements.

It's difficult in football. Far easier in rugby.

Anthony Taylor on 13:55 - Mar 5 with 2520 viewsswan65split

Probably worse than the refs decision Yesterday that I am still peeved at giving his record with us, is the linesmans !!!!! from his side, he should have been in line and should have had a better idea of what happened......they are both chunts !!
Anthony Taylor on 13:59 - Mar 5 with 2492 viewsskippyjack

If a Dr makes a mistake it costs people their lives.. Anthony Taylor earns more than Dr's..

Yesterday's decision was like telling a blind man he can see.. and he doesn't need a guide dog.

But you're not allowed to question experts and millionaires these days.. in case it hurts their feelings.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024