Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I want to say 08:42 - Mar 6 with 999 viewsHeadmaster

Well done to the team on Saturday, magnificent performance in the face of 12 opposition players. And to our saviour Clement. Still a way to go, but he's done wonders since coming in and improved everyone on the pitch.

But also, thank god our January signings have paid off. Carroll, Olsson, Narsingh, and even Ayew when he came on were great. We wouldn't be where we are without them, I don't think. They've slotted in seemlessly in such a short period of time.

A pity Jenkins couldn't have done this business in the summer when we needed it the most, but it's only fair that for all the deserved criticism, he gets praise when it's due. Still think he should fck off in the summer though.
I want to say on 08:51 - Mar 6 with 977 viewswaynekerr55

Get's praise when it's due?

If the prick had done his job properly by (a) appointing Clement in the first place and (b) doing business for the club and not himself we'd be in a much better situation.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

I want to say on 08:54 - Mar 6 with 960 viewsHeadmaster

I want to say on 08:51 - Mar 6 by waynekerr55

Get's praise when it's due?

If the prick had done his job properly by (a) appointing Clement in the first place and (b) doing business for the club and not himself we'd be in a much better situation.

I agree but I lambasted him for his January signings, all of which seem to have paid off. Obviously it doesn't absolve him of his other sins.
I want to say on 09:13 - Mar 6 with 932 viewswaynekerr55

I want to say on 08:54 - Mar 6 by Headmaster

I agree but I lambasted him for his January signings, all of which seem to have paid off. Obviously it doesn't absolve him of his other sins.

Good points sir and I admire your benevolence. I wouldn't be as critical if he hadn't awarded himself an inflation busting pay rise in the face of a weakening balance sheet and poor decision making.

I want to say on 09:14 - Mar 6 with 928 viewsperchrockjack

I texted you Saturday .diddnt get reply. uPset

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

I want to say on 09:18 - Mar 6 with 911 viewswaynekerr55

I want to say on 09:14 - Mar 6 by perchrockjack

I texted you Saturday .diddnt get reply. uPset

Sorry Sir been manic

Reply en - route. I'm fOoKin terrible with my phone

I want to say on 09:48 - Mar 6 with 881 viewsdickythorpe

The best piece of business was keeping Siggy and reborn under Clement, Llorente
Does his brother play for Bilbao? Looks tasty
I want to say on 12:25 - Mar 6 with 803 viewsSTID2017

In fairness, Llorente & Mawson aren't looking too bad from the summer signings, and in fairness to Borja he's not had a fair run of games IMO

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

I want to say on 14:24 - Mar 6 with 714 viewsDr_Winston

All these posts back up the view that the most important January signing of all was Clement.

You can have a squad full of decent players, but if the guy in charge of preparing them for games is an idiot then you're going to struggle regardless.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

I want to say on 14:27 - Mar 6 with 697 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

shows what you can achieve with the right man in charge.

Guido
Bradley

ffs

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

I want to say on 14:29 - Mar 6 with 687 viewsJackFish

Exactly. The squad may not have been up to the standard of previous seasons pre-January, but the players were nowhere near as bad as Bradley was making them look. Clement has them organised and committed and playing to a specific game plan, something clueless Bob never looked like being able to do, and the improvement has been incredible. I think we were on 12 points when he took over and now we have 27, amazing really.
I want to say on 15:28 - Mar 6 with 625 viewsHeadmaster

I want to say on 14:24 - Mar 6 by Dr_Winston

All these posts back up the view that the most important January signing of all was Clement.

You can have a squad full of decent players, but if the guy in charge of preparing them for games is an idiot then you're going to struggle regardless.

I mostly agree, but I still think our squad was painfully light prior to Clement. The January window was vital for us, regardless of who was manager, and is proving to have been money well spent. Although Clement must take a lot of the credit, the new signings were exactly what we needed and I doubt we'd be where we are without them. And that also goes for Clement and his coaching staff.

Olsson has already got two goals, Narsingh has made an immediate impact, and Carroll has done wonders for us in midfield. Ayew has looked promising, but we need to see more of him.
[Post edited 6 Mar 2017 15:29]
I want to say on 15:56 - Mar 6 with 583 viewsDr_Winston

I want to say on 15:28 - Mar 6 by Headmaster

I mostly agree, but I still think our squad was painfully light prior to Clement. The January window was vital for us, regardless of who was manager, and is proving to have been money well spent. Although Clement must take a lot of the credit, the new signings were exactly what we needed and I doubt we'd be where we are without them. And that also goes for Clement and his coaching staff.

Olsson has already got two goals, Narsingh has made an immediate impact, and Carroll has done wonders for us in midfield. Ayew has looked promising, but we need to see more of him.
[Post edited 6 Mar 2017 15:29]

Certainly we needed a lift in January and the new players have done just that. Clement would have found it much harder to turn around a team in freefall without adding some who hadn't suffered through Bradley. Fresh legs, fresh impetus.

If we'd started the season with PC and the same squad, or even replaced FG with Clement instead of Bradley we'd never have gotten into the mess we did IMO. I'm not saying we were great, or anywhere near as good as we used to be, but we were better than we performed.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024