Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
City Deal. Swansea Bay Region. 18:53 - Mar 7 with 4022 viewsPrivate_Partz

BBC Cardiff preparing us for some bad news it seems. Despite initial optimism it appears it might be placed on the back burner again.
It would have been easy to miss. It was way down the pecking order. They were far more interested in dissing Plaid for an alleged bullying AM.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

City Deal. Swansea Bay Region. on 18:56 - Mar 7 with 2589 viewsrock1n

Hahahaha what a surprise, election over back to square one.

When's the next?

Last one centred around steel crisis, which had nothing to do with WAG, will we be back to remember Thatcher on the next one?

We deserve everything we get.

The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter

City Deal. Swansea Bay Region. on 19:10 - Mar 7 with 2556 viewsWingstandwood

City Deal. Swansea Bay Region. on 18:56 - Mar 7 by rock1n

Hahahaha what a surprise, election over back to square one.

When's the next?

Last one centred around steel crisis, which had nothing to do with WAG, will we be back to remember Thatcher on the next one?

We deserve everything we get.

I've been on here on numerous times saying that a future Swansea has been for the last two decades nothing but a relentless stream of architect's drawings and artist impressions that find themselves into the SWEP.

Looks like OUR imaginary City Deal is about to be placed in the folder labelled 'complete and utter bulls#it' along with other political motivated stunts i.e. all seater concert arena, new shopping centre complex to replace quadrant etc.

My guess is they'll resurrect the 'possibility of' with miraculous pre-election run-in timing for it to then go back in the folder and be completely forgotten about once the next election (or two) has gone.

Argus!

City Deal. Swansea Bay Region. on 19:14 - Mar 7 with 2535 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

City Deal. Swansea Bay Region. on 19:10 - Mar 7 by Wingstandwood

I've been on here on numerous times saying that a future Swansea has been for the last two decades nothing but a relentless stream of architect's drawings and artist impressions that find themselves into the SWEP.

Looks like OUR imaginary City Deal is about to be placed in the folder labelled 'complete and utter bulls#it' along with other political motivated stunts i.e. all seater concert arena, new shopping centre complex to replace quadrant etc.

My guess is they'll resurrect the 'possibility of' with miraculous pre-election run-in timing for it to then go back in the folder and be completely forgotten about once the next election (or two) has gone.

post of the day wing, 👍

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

City Deal. Swansea Bay Region. on 19:19 - Mar 7 with 2512 viewsBanosswan

Independence referendum for Swansea.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

City Deal. Swansea Bay Region. on 19:22 - Mar 7 with 2499 viewsWingstandwood

City Deal. Swansea Bay Region. on 19:14 - Mar 7 by oh_tommy_tommy

post of the day wing, 👍

Thanks, I think the SWEP should also start printing pictures of architects drawings and artist's impressions of fairytale castles floating on clouds cos they'd be just as likely to happen.

Argus!

City Deal. Swansea Bay Region. on 19:25 - Mar 7 with 2478 viewsrock1n

As I said, we deserve everything we get politicians only care about places that will vote differently.

I'm bored of saying it, but it's true.

The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter

City Deal. Swansea Bay Region. on 19:26 - Mar 7 with 2474 views3swan

City Deal. Swansea Bay Region. on 19:22 - Mar 7 by Wingstandwood

Thanks, I think the SWEP should also start printing pictures of architects drawings and artist's impressions of fairytale castles floating on clouds cos they'd be just as likely to happen.

Been the same for a while but now official

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/south-wales-evening-post-website-to-merg
City Deal. Swansea Bay Region. on 19:26 - Mar 7 with 2473 viewsPrivate_Partz

City Deal. Swansea Bay Region. on 19:19 - Mar 7 by Banosswan

Independence referendum for Swansea.

Haha. I can't help feeling we are the 'Millwall of Wales'. Hated by WAG and statrved of investment. Hated by the rest of Wales as they wrongly think we also benefit from the Cardiff gravy train at the expense of the rest of them.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Login to get fewer ads

City Deal. Swansea Bay Region. on 19:32 - Mar 7 with 2439 viewsLord_Bony

Seeing those artists drawings and sexy fly by videos of the bay was laughable.

you just knew it was not going to happen.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

City Deal. Swansea Bay Region. on 19:34 - Mar 7 with 2435 viewsPrivate_Partz

City Deal. Swansea Bay Region. on 19:32 - Mar 7 by Lord_Bony

Seeing those artists drawings and sexy fly by videos of the bay was laughable.

you just knew it was not going to happen.

The Lagoon one was lovely......

City Deal. Swansea Bay Region. on 19:42 - Mar 7 with 2407 viewsLord_Bony

Well no final decision has been taken yet on the £1.3 billion project but we are close...I'm still hoping.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"

City Deal. Swansea Bay Region. on 19:43 - Mar 7 with 2402 viewsrock1n

City Deal. Swansea Bay Region. on 19:42 - Mar 7 by Lord_Bony

Well no final decision has been taken yet on the £1.3 billion project but we are close...I'm still hoping.

That's deserves a lol, we'll get crumbs

City Deal. Swansea Bay Region. on 19:51 - Mar 7 with 2368 viewsLord_Bony

It's not over until the fat lady sings.

one must live in hope.

City Deal. Swansea Bay Region. on 20:06 - Mar 7 with 2329 viewsowainglyndwr

And if things don't not happen I think it's about time we stand up for the Swansea Bay and the rest of Wales the place outside Cardiff
City Deal. Swansea Bay Region. on 20:42 - Mar 7 with 2266 viewsperchrockjack

And no I don't enjoy this

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

City Deal. Swansea Bay Region. on 21:05 - Mar 7 with 2200 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

City Deal. Swansea Bay Region. on 19:34 - Mar 7 by Private_Partz

The Lagoon one was lovely......

Do you mean the half arsed lagoon that will serve as an experiment as it is not guaranteed it will be a success?

Of course if it is a success, we'll be stuck with version one of this type of project, which will be far smaller and have far more flaws than the successive lagoons that are planned to be built in other cities (such as Cardiff) who are apparently not worth risking such a project on.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

City Deal. Swansea Bay Region. on 21:12 - Mar 7 with 2181 viewsPrivate_Partz

Yeah that's the one. The first one is always the tourist attraction. Like the first ever passenger railway. I wonder who had that? Or even the first ever prestressed concrete building?

City Deal. Swansea Bay Region. on 21:14 - Mar 7 with 2171 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

City Deal. Swansea Bay Region. on 21:12 - Mar 7 by Private_Partz

Yeah that's the one. The first one is always the tourist attraction. Like the first ever passenger railway. I wonder who had that? Or even the first ever prestressed concrete building?

Ha. Shortly before my latest ban, somebody genuinely suggested it would be a tourist attraction and people would travel from far and wide to visit it.

Some are so furious that Swansea usually gets nothing that they are willing to accept absolutely anything.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

City Deal. Swansea Bay Region. on 21:23 - Mar 7 with 2147 viewsPrivate_Partz

Yep I think it would be a tourist attraction. If it is a success it will be a forerunner for more. The model T Ford of lagoons. If it is isn't it will be unique. Win win either way. Also load of jobs and something for the uni to use in their maritime pursuits. Also leisure facilities. Would love to see that red dragon appearing as the tide goes out :-)
Fear not. I will have none of it and you will have your way. An unused stretch of beach in front of a sewage works will remain undisturbed for the odd student to swig a can of special Vat....

City Deal. Swansea Bay Region. on 21:32 - Mar 7 with 2120 viewsLord_Bony

The Chinese company given the main contract of building it have already built several of the same designs in other cities worldwide.

they are successful in what they do.

As for job creation there will be a fair few jobs created...unfortunately, most of these will be given to Chinese workers to come over here.

City Deal. Swansea Bay Region. on 21:36 - Mar 7 with 2099 viewsPrivate_Partz

Ah so (see what I did there? ;-)) it is proven technology. Another win.

City Deal. Swansea Bay Region. on 21:40 - Mar 7 with 2083 viewsLord_Bony

Indeed.

Over a billion is not going to be gambled on some crazy experiment that may not work.

City Deal. Swansea Bay Region. on 21:45 - Mar 7 with 2065 viewsWingstandwood

City Deal. Swansea Bay Region. on 21:23 - Mar 7 by Private_Partz

Yep I think it would be a tourist attraction. If it is a success it will be a forerunner for more. The model T Ford of lagoons. If it is isn't it will be unique. Win win either way. Also load of jobs and something for the uni to use in their maritime pursuits. Also leisure facilities. Would love to see that red dragon appearing as the tide goes out :-)
Fear not. I will have none of it and you will have your way. An unused stretch of beach in front of a sewage works will remain undisturbed for the odd student to swig a can of special Vat....

And don't forget if they should ever need to recreate any of those typical apocalyptic ravaged city sets for a 1970's zombie period drama? Why not location-film in area's in and around Swansea City centre?.....Unchanged since the mid sixties to early seventies , save an absolute fortune in set design and CGI costs!

Argus!

City Deal. Swansea Bay Region. on 21:49 - Mar 7 with 2044 viewsPrivate_Partz

City Deal. Swansea Bay Region. on 21:40 - Mar 7 by Lord_Bony

Indeed.

Over a billion is not going to be gambled on some crazy experiment that may not work.

Now you have completely confused me. Not difficult normally and I am particilarly tired tonight.;-)

City Deal. Swansea Bay Region. on 21:52 - Mar 7 with 2034 viewsPrivate_Partz

City Deal. Swansea Bay Region. on 21:45 - Mar 7 by Wingstandwood

And don't forget if they should ever need to recreate any of those typical apocalyptic ravaged city sets for a 1970's zombie period drama? Why not location-film in area's in and around Swansea City centre?.....Unchanged since the mid sixties to early seventies , save an absolute fortune in set design and CGI costs!

Good man, thinking outside the box. Would be really funny if it was not so effing tragic

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024