Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Car leases (again) 15:49 - Mar 12 with 5206 viewsmonmouth

I know we've done this a few times but I'm pretty much convinced I will go down this route shortly if I'm impressed with a test drive next week given the deal on offer.

Anyone got a firm recommendation for a company? I'm tempted to go with nationwide as I have heard of them and I know Cooperman recommended them, but they are not the cheapest. Anyone used a company called blue chilli? Or have any other good definite personal experiences with others?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Car leases (again) on 16:41 - Mar 12 with 5139 viewsJackfath

Leasing options.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Car leases (again) on 17:02 - Mar 12 with 5117 viewsmonmouth

Car leases (again) on 16:41 - Mar 12 by Jackfath

Leasing options.

Thread Doesnt come up in my search fath if that what you mean, but thanks anyway

Car leases (again) on 17:04 - Mar 12 with 5110 viewsJackfath

Car leases (again) on 17:02 - Mar 12 by monmouth

Thread Doesnt come up in my search fath if that what you mean, but thanks anyway

https://www.leasingoptions.co.uk

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Car leases (again) on 17:13 - Mar 12 with 5100 viewsmonmouth

Car leases (again) on 17:04 - Mar 12 by Jackfath

https://www.leasingoptions.co.uk

Ah, no space. Explained. Ta.

Ah, a website not a thread, explained further

[Post edited 12 Mar 2017 17:15]

Car leases (again) on 19:07 - Mar 12 with 4990 viewsjackmorsel

Speak to Yes Lease (yes-lease.co.uk), had my last two cars from them, always very competitive, been the cheapest for me and I have shopped around them all.

Essentially all brokers but Yes Lease seem to get some good deals as they clearly are sending a lot of business to the various leasing companies.
Car leases (again) on 19:12 - Mar 12 with 4977 viewsCooperman

I'm going with Nationwide once again. Initially they were not my cheapest quote but after a week of back and forth on the phone they have price matched the competition. I'm all set for change in a few months time.

Whoever you're going with Monny, ask to see the wear and tear guide before you commit to order. Make sure you're happy with the standard that you have to maintain.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Car leases (again) on 19:31 - Mar 12 with 4950 viewsCooperman

https://www.contracthireandleasing.com/ is the nearest thing to a price comparison website. Check it out.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2017 19:32]

Car leases (again) on 19:48 - Mar 12 with 4913 viewsCountyJim

http://www.lingscars.com/ And the Craziest site award goes to

FFS My eyes and ears
Login to get fewer ads

Car leases (again) on 20:19 - Mar 12 with 4870 viewsmonmouth

Car leases (again) on 19:48 - Mar 12 by CountyJim

http://www.lingscars.com/ And the Craziest site award goes to

FFS My eyes and ears

Lmao. Mental.

Car leases (again) on 20:21 - Mar 12 with 4865 viewsNeath_Jack

Do you have to pay a deposit every time that you renew your car doing this? Call me old fashioned but i can't get my head around leasing, paying for something that you'll never own.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Car leases (again) on 20:26 - Mar 12 with 4857 viewsSoberBaker

Car leases (again) on 20:21 - Mar 12 by Neath_Jack

Do you have to pay a deposit every time that you renew your car doing this? Call me old fashioned but i can't get my head around leasing, paying for something that you'll never own.

Welcome to the 21st century.

We're f*cked👍

AMOW

Car leases (again) on 20:33 - Mar 12 with 4850 viewsmonmouth

Car leases (again) on 20:21 - Mar 12 by Neath_Jack

Depends. I used to feel the same, but I've had some seriously hefty bills on mine and my wife's cars after they hit 5 year old (bloody timing chain on my wife's BMW shitbox) and, when I had them valued, the drop in price was pretty close to what lease payments would have been over a three year period, so you pay the same but always get a new car and warranty. You can also tailor your aspirations to your financial circumstances on a three year time horizon.

If you keep the same car for 8-10 years it's not for you, but I've always planned to do that and always wanted to change after 3 or 4 years anyway. Also the deals on the car I fancy are actually below depreciation at the moment.

Car leases (again) on 20:39 - Mar 12 with 4839 viewslatchford

Depends what car you want really. I have mine through VIP leasing who are based in Cardiff.
Car leases (again) on 07:58 - Mar 13 with 4692 viewswhiterock

I bit the bullet a few years back and for someone like me who just about knows how to put petrol in its perfect, no MOT is another bonus, just a service once a year at about £150 is the only extra
Car leases (again) on 10:03 - Mar 13 with 4645 viewsSTID2017

Car leases (again) on 20:33 - Mar 12 by monmouth

Depends. I used to feel the same, but I've had some seriously hefty bills on mine and my wife's cars after they hit 5 year old (bloody timing chain on my wife's BMW shitbox) and, when I had them valued, the drop in price was pretty close to what lease payments would have been over a three year period, so you pay the same but always get a new car and warranty. You can also tailor your aspirations to your financial circumstances on a three year time horizon.

If you keep the same car for 8-10 years it's not for you, but I've always planned to do that and always wanted to change after 3 or 4 years anyway. Also the deals on the car I fancy are actually below depreciation at the moment.

We are planning on doing this as it allows us to lease a car which is far more expensive than we could justify buying - plus in a couple of years we can get a new car, with all the mod cons that will be in by then.
For example, nothing I hate more than my FM/AM/MW radio fading out at the slightest bit of bad weather / darkness or if we travel away from locality.
Also things like sat nav, reversing sensors, auto gearbox (so my wife can drive it more easily) come almost as standard with higher spec cars

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Car leases (again) on 11:20 - Mar 13 with 4615 viewsswancity

I leased a Lexus from Nationwide around 7/8 years ago. Very good company to deal with, reputable, been around a long time and good service at delivery and end of contract etc. Recommended.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Car leases (again) on 11:31 - Mar 13 with 4606 viewsPegojack

For someone who knows nothing about the subject but is vaguely interested in the possibility, can someone spell out the basics, please?

Is servicing included normally? and things you might need to replace, like tyres? What happens if the car gets damaged by you or a third party?
Car leases (again) on 12:03 - Mar 13 with 4586 viewsCooperman

Car leases (again) on 11:31 - Mar 13 by Pegojack

For someone who knows nothing about the subject but is vaguely interested in the possibility, can someone spell out the basics, please?

Is servicing included normally? and things you might need to replace, like tyres? What happens if the car gets damaged by you or a third party?

Here goes HJ...

I've had personal contract hire for quite a few years now. It involves picking a vehicle of my choice, determining how long I would like it for (with the options generally being 2, 3 or 4 years), estimating my annual mileage and finding a decent quote from the providers that are out there.

On top of the monthly contract hire price you should expect to pay the equivalent of 2 months up front for a 2 year contract or the equivalent of 3 months up front for 3 or 4 years. So, they tend to describe the deals as 2+24, 3+36 etc. That's the basic concept.

You can then add maintenance packages for tyres and servicing etc, the choice is yours. I've never taken up this option in the past though.

So, you strike a deal and several weeks / months later they contact you to arrange delivery of your car to your door. All you then have to do is maintain it to a desired standard (I can e-mail you an example if you wish) and keep within the mileage threshold that you agreed at contract. Finally at the end of the contract your car will be collected from an agreed address with nothing else to pay (as long as you're within the standard for vehicle condition). For each month in between they will extract the agreed monthly fee via direct debit.

Insurance is not included in the contract price but road tax and MOT is. For road tax you simply get a letter confirming that the vehicle is taxed and MOT arrangements are done over the phone.

If you are unfortunate enough to have a bump then you follow normal insurance protocol.

It really comes down to motoring preferences. If you're after a new vehicle every few years but without the initial outlay then this is an acceptable method. If you're getting hung up on not actually owning the asset then this is not the route to go.

Car leases (again) on 12:27 - Mar 13 with 4571 viewsPegojack

Car leases (again) on 12:03 - Mar 13 by Cooperman

Here goes HJ...

I've had personal contract hire for quite a few years now. It involves picking a vehicle of my choice, determining how long I would like it for (with the options generally being 2, 3 or 4 years), estimating my annual mileage and finding a decent quote from the providers that are out there.

On top of the monthly contract hire price you should expect to pay the equivalent of 2 months up front for a 2 year contract or the equivalent of 3 months up front for 3 or 4 years. So, they tend to describe the deals as 2+24, 3+36 etc. That's the basic concept.

You can then add maintenance packages for tyres and servicing etc, the choice is yours. I've never taken up this option in the past though.

So, you strike a deal and several weeks / months later they contact you to arrange delivery of your car to your door. All you then have to do is maintain it to a desired standard (I can e-mail you an example if you wish) and keep within the mileage threshold that you agreed at contract. Finally at the end of the contract your car will be collected from an agreed address with nothing else to pay (as long as you're within the standard for vehicle condition). For each month in between they will extract the agreed monthly fee via direct debit.

Insurance is not included in the contract price but road tax and MOT is. For road tax you simply get a letter confirming that the vehicle is taxed and MOT arrangements are done over the phone.

If you are unfortunate enough to have a bump then you follow normal insurance protocol.

It really comes down to motoring preferences. If you're after a new vehicle every few years but without the initial outlay then this is an acceptable method. If you're getting hung up on not actually owning the asset then this is not the route to go.

Cheers, Coop, that's a good summary. Can I just press you further on the accident thing?

With my own car, when I've got a scrape or supermarket car park knock in the past which might cost, say, £300 to repair as new, I've just taken it to my trusted local body shop and got it done at my expense so as not to loose no claims bonus. Can you do the same with a lease car, or how does it work?
[Post edited 13 Mar 2017 12:30]
Car leases (again) on 13:02 - Mar 13 with 4542 viewsCooperman

Car leases (again) on 12:27 - Mar 13 by Pegojack

Cheers, Coop, that's a good summary. Can I just press you further on the accident thing?

With my own car, when I've got a scrape or supermarket car park knock in the past which might cost, say, £300 to repair as new, I've just taken it to my trusted local body shop and got it done at my expense so as not to loose no claims bonus. Can you do the same with a lease car, or how does it work?
[Post edited 13 Mar 2017 12:30]

Yes you can but my suggestion for step 1 would be to consult the wear and tear guide as your supermarket induced scratch might be within limited. I've got a nasty scratch on an alloy wheel and have gone as far as getting the quote for £150 which covers repair. However upon checking the W&T guide I reckon it's within the boundaries so I'm going to return the car in it's current condition. PM me an e-mail address and I'll send you a copy over, the same applies to anyone else who wants a read.

If you do go down the self repair route then you're back to the standard, as long as it complies with that you are fine. How you get it back to that standard is up to you - claim on insurance or pay for it yourself.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024