Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gumtree advice please 19:02 - Mar 13 with 1960 viewsNogginthenog

Posted an ad today and within an hour had the following reply,

Great! please consider it sold and cancel every other appointment regarding it,i am buying it as gift for my son that just graduated from the college and i am ready to pay your full asking price, i have gone through your advertisement and i am satisfied with the condition i will be glad if you can get back to me with some pics if available,sadly i won't be able to come for the inspection and pick up due to my present condition now,but i want you to be rest assured as i will arranging for the pick up agent who will be inspecting it and get all thing taken care at your preferred location.

At the moment and my only quickest payment option is PayPal, its safe fast and secure and i will be responsible for the PayPal transaction charges so you can get your expected amount.I hope we can make the purchase as fast as possible?I have also contacted my courier who will come for the pick up and deliver it to my place after the whole fund has been cleared into your account and he will handle everything for me. I look forward to hear from you with the information below.
Your PayPal e-Mail Address
Full name:
Firm Price:
Postal Code for pickup:

P.S You can alternatively get back to me with your bank details if you don't have paypal so that i can transfer the money to you from my paypal to your bank account

Await your reply

It seems too good to be true somehow, anyone have similar experience or advice? Something just doesnt seem right to me.
Gumtree advice please on 19:07 - Mar 13 with 1944 viewsjack2jack

File under WPB and start again,looks fishy to me mate,but I'm not the trusting kind,money in hand then they can have it.
Gumtree advice please on 19:11 - Mar 13 with 1923 viewsNogginthenog

Whats Wpb ? Excuse my ignorance!
Gumtree advice please on 19:15 - Mar 13 with 1911 viewsjack2jack

Gumtree advice please on 19:11 - Mar 13 by Nogginthenog

Whats Wpb ? Excuse my ignorance!

Waste paper basket
No seriously there's people out there who do this for a living,might be genuine,but think first.Few people I know use gumtree all the time no problem.Seller beware.
[Post edited 13 Mar 2017 19:18]
Gumtree advice please on 19:17 - Mar 13 with 1904 viewsjunior_jack

Don't touch it mate, I googled the first paragraph and there are numerous sites complaining of cons.

https://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&p=303666
Gumtree advice please on 19:19 - Mar 13 with 1887 viewsjack2jack

Gumtree advice please on 19:17 - Mar 13 by junior_jack

Don't touch it mate, I googled the first paragraph and there are numerous sites complaining of cons.

Absolutely JJ👍
Gumtree advice please on 19:20 - Mar 13 with 1883 viewsCooperman

Sounds potentially dodgy.

How much is the item you are selling? If it's not '000's then I would insist on cash payment.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Gumtree advice please on 19:25 - Mar 13 with 1862 viewsdameedna

The last line is typically Nigerian.
Gumtree advice please on 19:25 - Mar 13 with 1855 viewsDarran

You're selling a car and it's a scam.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Login to get fewer ads

Gumtree advice please on 19:32 - Mar 13 with 1830 viewsraynor94

Bank details? if that doesn't set the alarm bells ringing nothing will, stay well away

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Gumtree advice please on 19:33 - Mar 13 with 1830 viewsNogginthenog

Thanks for the advice all.I will file under WPB.

By the way its a Kitchen table and chairs, anyone want them £200, bargain!
Gumtree advice please on 19:37 - Mar 13 with 1813 viewsNogginthenog

Gumtree advice please on 19:17 - Mar 13 by junior_jack

Jeezus , word for word, Google is indeed a wonderful thing.
Gumtree advice please on 21:33 - Mar 13 with 1672 viewsicecoldjack

I'll give you £205 quid for them mate, no problem it's just what i'm looking for.

Just send me your bank details so i can send you the money, my Great grandmother will be around first thing to chuck it in the van.

Cheers.

Gumtree advice please on 21:36 - Mar 13 with 1668 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

If you need to seek on advice on whether to reply to that then you should not be selling or buying on those sort of websites. Similar to the gentleman who was conned regarding the season tickets on here.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Gumtree advice please on 21:49 - Mar 13 with 1639 viewsNogginthenog

Gumtree advice please on 21:36 - Mar 13 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

If you need to seek on advice on whether to reply to that then you should not be selling or buying on those sort of websites. Similar to the gentleman who was conned regarding the season tickets on here.

Thanks for your helpful input to the debate, my mind was already alerted to a potential scam but its nice to seek reassurance from others with more experience and it may also prevent others being scammed on that site.
Gumtree advice please on 21:53 - Mar 13 with 1631 viewsjack2jack

Gumtree advice please on 21:49 - Mar 13 by Nogginthenog

Thanks for your helpful input to the debate, my mind was already alerted to a potential scam but its nice to seek reassurance from others with more experience and it may also prevent others being scammed on that site.

You can always count on the more helpful posters on here,the rest you can ignore,glad to help Noggin!
Gumtree advice please on 22:16 - Mar 13 with 1593 viewss1ackjack

Gumtree advice please on 21:36 - Mar 13 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

You really are a waste of space aren't you? Ever thought of posting something of use on here?
It would be a nice change!

The real slackjack .... beware of imposters! They say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery ......... Enough said!

Gumtree advice please on 22:26 - Mar 13 with 1575 viewsWarwickHunt

String the cünts along...

http://www.419eater.com/html/letters.htm
Gumtree advice please on 22:42 - Mar 13 with 1553 viewsmonmouth

Gumtree advice please on 22:26 - Mar 13 by WarwickHunt

The one titled another f*cking scambait is brilliant. The bloke pretends to have Tourettes.

"Dear Mr. Bosah,
Thank you for your interesting f*cking email. I have to say that I am very interested shit in your proposition however before I am prepared to proceed any f*ggot further I would like you to answer me some questions if you can.
1. Please can you tit-w*nk tell me how long this procedure will take to complete?
2. Will I be required to travel to complete this financial deal?
3. Is it completely arse legal?
Let me know the answer to the shagmenow questions above so that I can be in a better position to judge if I can help you.

Sincerely,
Colin Carver"

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Gumtree advice please on 22:52 - Mar 13 with 1537 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Gumtree advice please on 22:16 - Mar 13 by s1ackjack

You really are a waste of space aren't you? Ever thought of posting something of use on here?
It would be a nice change!

What I said was of use. If you do not feel confident or capable of spotting scams online then you should not be using websites like Gumtree which are full of scams and tricks.

I believe this sort of thing should be introduced to the ICT curriculum in all schools.

Gumtree advice please on 23:17 - Mar 13 with 1503 viewsjack2jack

Gumtree advice please on 22:52 - Mar 13 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

What I said was of use. If you do not feel confident or capable of spotting scams online then you should not be using websites like Gumtree which are full of scams and tricks.

I believe this sort of thing should be introduced to the ICT curriculum in all schools.

No,you are being deliberately obtuse,the Op asked for some genuine advice and guidance that is all, and he received some excellent replies,for which he was grateful,it's called being helpful,perhaps give it a go once in a while,it's quite therapeutic.
Gumtree advice please on 23:22 - Mar 13 with 1499 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Gumtree advice please on 23:17 - Mar 13 by jack2jack

No,you are being deliberately obtuse,the Op asked for some genuine advice and guidance that is all, and he received some excellent replies,for which he was grateful,it's called being helpful,perhaps give it a go once in a while,it's quite therapeutic.

You're right, he asked for advice and guidance. My advice and guidance is not to use Gumtree or a similar type of website if you need assistance to be sure whether the response he received is worth considering. I believe it is very good advice.

Gumtree advice please on 23:34 - Mar 13 with 1485 viewsjack2jack

Gumtree advice please on 23:22 - Mar 13 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

You're right, he asked for advice and guidance. My advice and guidance is not to use Gumtree or a similar type of website if you need assistance to be sure whether the response he received is worth considering. I believe it is very good advice.

I'd love to spend all night,ripping that reply to pieces,but to be honest i can't be bothered,also I've been on this site long enough to know what you are all about Mr York,I bid you farewell,and wish you a pleasant evening.
Gumtree advice please on 09:11 - Mar 14 with 1377 viewsjohnlangy

I had a similar response when selling a guitar. Deal with enquiries through the gumtree site. Don't pass on any of your details.
Gumtree advice please on 09:42 - Mar 14 with 1359 viewsperchrockjack

I d like to see two guitars but don't really trust any of those sites.

I d only sell to friends and I don't really have any

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Gumtree advice please on 10:04 - Mar 14 with 1345 viewsLeonWasGod

Gumtree advice please on 22:26 - Mar 13 by WarwickHunt

https://www.ted.com/talks/james_veitch_this_is_what_happens_when_you_reply_to_sp
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024