Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Under 23 League Champions 07:08 - Mar 14 with 3006 viewsTrundle10

Does anybody really care? It is all over twitter etc. Jubilent tweets etc. All faux celebration. Is it only me who does not give two facks about it? Swansea Womens team can do one too - a load of shite.
Under 23 League Champions on 07:18 - Mar 14 with 2390 viewsEdmundo

Ask the 1200 who got off their arse to support our up and coming players👍

The answer for them is a resounding Yes 👍

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

Under 23 League Champions on 07:27 - Mar 14 with 2365 viewsTrundle10

Under 23 League Champions on 07:18 - Mar 14 by Edmundo

Ask the 1200 who got off their arse to support our up and coming players👍

The answer for them is a resounding Yes 👍

Ok then. Would you swap our under 23 getting relegated for us having 3 points on Saturday?
Under 23 League Champions on 07:32 - Mar 14 with 2350 viewsDr_Winston

Under 23 League Champions on 07:27 - Mar 14 by Trundle10

Ok then. Would you swap our under 23 getting relegated for us having 3 points on Saturday?

Can't we strive for survival and also congratulate the kids for a job well done? Do the two things have to be mutually exclusive?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Under 23 League Champions on 07:34 - Mar 14 with 2341 views3swan

Winning promotion means they will play against tougher opposition next season, which as well as going out on loan can only help their development
Under 23 League Champions on 07:39 - Mar 14 with 2327 viewsTrundle10

Under 23 League Champions on 07:32 - Mar 14 by Dr_Winston

Can't we strive for survival and also congratulate the kids for a job well done? Do the two things have to be mutually exclusive?

Would you tho?
Under 23 League Champions on 07:59 - Mar 14 with 2275 viewsSgorioFruit

I think a few people on here need a reality check.
There is absolutely nothing wrong with wishing our youngsters the very best.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Under 23 League Champions on 08:15 - Mar 14 with 2243 viewsTrundle10

Under 23 League Champions on 07:59 - Mar 14 by SgorioFruit

Well done yes. But in the grand scheme of things means nothing to me. How many of the u23's will become 1st tesm regulars? Age group football up to u19 then yes celebrate. Most of these players will end up at Yeovil etc. Which does not help SCFC
Under 23 League Champions on 09:05 - Mar 14 with 2180 viewsJackSomething

Under 23 League Champions on 08:15 - Mar 14 by Trundle10

Well done yes. But in the grand scheme of things means nothing to me. How many of the u23's will become 1st tesm regulars? Age group football up to u19 then yes celebrate. Most of these players will end up at Yeovil etc. Which does not help SCFC

In the grand scheme of things, what did winning the League Cup do to us? Might as well not have bothered celebrating it.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Login to get fewer ads

Under 23 League Champions on 09:09 - Mar 14 with 2171 viewsDarran

Under 23 League Champions on 07:59 - Mar 14 by SgorioFruit

There's absolutely nothing wrong in saying it means fuçk all too.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Under 23 League Champions on 09:22 - Mar 14 with 2154 viewsjohnlangy

One of the oddest threads created in a long time.

Every Swans supporter should care because success for the U 23's means, possibly, some of those players becoming good enough for the first team squad.

Did you create this thread when drunk ?
Under 23 League Champions on 09:31 - Mar 14 with 2137 viewsTrundle10

Under 23 League Champions on 09:05 - Mar 14 by JackSomething

In the grand scheme of things, what did winning the League Cup do to us? Might as well not have bothered celebrating it.

Major trophy won by Swansea City. Europa League football - crap analogy. Would you swap this for 3 points in sat????

Thought so
Under 23 League Champions on 09:38 - Mar 14 with 2119 viewsjasper_T

I want Swansea to win every competition they're in so I care.
Under 23 League Champions on 09:44 - Mar 14 with 2103 viewsNeath_Jack

I always knew Pencoed was a good judge of character.

Hideous.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Under 23 League Champions on 09:48 - Mar 14 with 2086 viewsTrundle10

Under 23 League Champions on 09:44 - Mar 14 by Neath_Jack

I always knew Pencoed was a good judge of character.

Hideous.

Judge of character lol. It is an internet forum
You absolute plum
Under 23 League Champions on 09:49 - Mar 14 with 2079 viewsEasternJack

Under 23 League Champions on 09:22 - Mar 14 by johnlangy

One of the oddest threads created in a long time.

Every Swans supporter should care because success for the U 23's means, possibly, some of those players becoming good enough for the first team squad.

Did you create this thread when drunk ?

This.

The benefits of this win are solely the fact that our reserves will be playing a slightly higher standard of opposition next season. The knock-on effect of this is that it slightly increases the chances of attracting/producing 1st team talent through our system - with an added advantage that the higher level of talent will help self-fund the academy over time.

Marginal stuff? maybe

The OP:

To say you don't care is fair enough.

To come on here and spend a few minutes posting that same opinion (alongside with a few of the usual suspects) has all the hallmarks of an Extremist Nihilist. Bizarre
[Post edited 14 Mar 2017 13:12]

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Under 23 League Champions on 09:50 - Mar 14 with 2076 viewswhiterock

Under 23 League Champions on 08:15 - Mar 14 by Trundle10

It does, I read somewhere that you get an amount for producing a premier league player and slightly lesser if he only makes the grade as a professional further down the pyrimid, so the likes of Jazz, Joe Walsh, Gwion Edwards and Alex Bray will earn, not just the transfer fees.
Also, it'll have a slight bearing on up and coming youngsters choosing us before, say, Stoke/ WBA, if we are producing.

Well done to all concerned.
Under 23 League Champions on 09:55 - Mar 14 with 2044 viewsDarran

Under 23 League Champions on 09:50 - Mar 14 by whiterock

It does, I read somewhere that you get an amount for producing a premier league player and slightly lesser if he only makes the grade as a professional further down the pyrimid, so the likes of Jazz, Joe Walsh, Gwion Edwards and Alex Bray will earn, not just the transfer fees.
Also, it'll have a slight bearing on up and coming youngsters choosing us before, say, Stoke/ WBA, if we are producing.

Well done to all concerned.

Next to nothing for a Premier League team then,look well done to them but it means nothing compared to the shit we are currently in.

Oh and we're are unlikely to see harldly any of them playing in the Premier League. FACT

Under 23 League Champions on 10:05 - Mar 14 with 2023 viewsjasper_T

Under 23 League Champions on 09:55 - Mar 14 by Darran

Next to nothing for a Premier League team then,look well done to them but it means nothing compared to the shit we are currently in.

Oh and we're are unlikely to see harldly any of them playing in the Premier League. FACT

Is the Premier League all that matters to you?
Under 23 League Champions on 10:15 - Mar 14 with 2002 viewsDarran

Under 23 League Champions on 10:05 - Mar 14 by jasper_T

Is the Premier League all that matters to you?

No it's not.

Under 23 League Champions on 10:49 - Mar 14 with 1948 viewsE20Jack

Under 23 League Champions on 09:31 - Mar 14 by Trundle10

Major trophy won by Swansea City. Europa League football - crap analogy. Would you swap this for 3 points in sat????

Thought so

Why do you keep asking people that? I was overjoyed when Wales got to the Quarter Finals of the Euros. Would I swap that for 3 points next week? In this current predicament, yes probably. Does that mean Wales making it to the Quarters was pointless or I was displaying faux joy when it was achieved? Of course not. You don't sound like you are putting a lot of importance on 3 points next week if you deem anything less than the desire for that 'pointless'. Don't you think?

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Under 23 League Champions on 10:54 - Mar 14 with 1935 viewswhiterock

Under 23 League Champions on 10:15 - Mar 14 by Darran

No it's not.

Its progression, don't think of it as today we've produced nobody so stop the project, think long term, if we can bring through a Joe/ Ben every few years that'll be a result, Jazz, Walsh, Edwards or Bray are professionals and will encourage other good youngster to look at Swansea as a good place that develops talent. Then there's Kingsley, Fulton, McBurnie and a few others who are close, granted they spent their formative years elsewhere but if we didn't have the set up, they wouldn't have come.
All bodes well for the future.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2017 10:59]
Under 23 League Champions on 10:58 - Mar 14 with 1926 viewsraynor94

Under 23 League Champions on 09:38 - Mar 14 by jasper_T

I want Swansea to win every competition they're in so I care.

Same here, totally at a loss with Trunds viewpoint

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Under 23 League Champions on 13:07 - Mar 14 with 1809 viewsCooperman

To the OP...

Did you play sport in school? Were you part of a school team? If so did you win anything or even a single game? If so did you cheer and celebrate? I don't know the answer to the first question but I'm sure the answer to the latter would be 'yes'.

It's not about what it means to you; instead it's about what it means to them. As for me I support SCFC where the last C stands for club and not first XI.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Under 23 League Champions on 14:07 - Mar 14 with 1716 viewsTrundle10

Under 23 League Champions on 13:07 - Mar 14 by Cooperman

To the OP...

Did you play sport in school? Were you part of a school team? If so did you win anything or even a single game? If so did you cheer and celebrate? I don't know the answer to the first question but I'm sure the answer to the latter would be 'yes'.

It's not about what it means to you; instead it's about what it means to them. As for me I support SCFC where the last C stands for club and not first XI.

I played sport all my life. Played rugby professionally as it go's. I agree with part of what u are saying ....celebrate away. What i am saying is the outpouring on twitter would suggest we Swansea had won the champions league. I also support Swansea. Where as i would always want Swsnsea to win it is the first team i support. Very few of yhe u23 are local lads or going to play for Swansea City. Not interested really. Dont start me on the womans team
Under 23 League Champions on 14:13 - Mar 14 with 1699 viewswaynekerr55

Under 23 League Champions on 09:55 - Mar 14 by Darran

Winning is nice in these competitions and well done to them. However in the grand scheme of things this means nothing and true victories are measured by progress to the first team. Harsh, but true.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024