Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Eidur Gudjohnsens brother signs with Swans 14:32 - Mar 14 with 2798 viewsswanskid95

Swansea City have signed Arnor Borg Gudjohnsen, the 16-year-old half-brother of former Chelsea and Barcelona striker Eidur Gudjohnsen

One for the future it looks like
Eidur Gudjohnsens brother signs with Swans on 17:05 - Mar 14 with 2259 viewsLoyal

Far too old, he should have been on the books at the age of 3 months and in the first team by the time he was four.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Eidur Gudjohnsens brother signs with Swans on 19:40 - Mar 14 with 2161 viewsKilkennyjack

Eidur Gudjohnsens brother signs with Swans on 17:05 - Mar 14 by Loyal

Far too old, he should have been on the books at the age of 3 months and in the first team by the time he was four.

I bet our local under 16 products are delighted.... Whats the point in our u9's to u15's ?

Beware of the Risen People

Eidur Gudjohnsens brother signs with Swans on 19:59 - Mar 14 with 2125 viewsperchrockjack

Or the academy

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Eidur Gudjohnsens brother signs with Swans on 20:03 - Mar 14 with 2114 viewsmorningstar

Eidur Gudjohnsens brother signs with Swans on 19:40 - Mar 14 by Kilkennyjack

I bet our local under 16 products are delighted.... Whats the point in our u9's to u15's ?

I'm not getting it. Is it a joke i've missed or something?

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Eidur Gudjohnsens brother signs with Swans on 20:05 - Mar 14 with 2103 viewsmorningstar

Eidur Gudjohnsens brother signs with Swans on 19:59 - Mar 14 by perchrockjack

Or the academy

Meaning what Rich? I'm missing the joke here aren't i?

Eidur Gudjohnsens brother signs with Swans on 20:13 - Mar 14 with 2081 viewsLoyal

I would say the philosophy behind the u15 and below is to develop local talent, with the emphasis on local .... whilst offering their parents / guardians an insight in to their child's practical ability and also an avenue in to education obtaining qualifications etc ... which the club does do well.

Post 16 education in sports development is only possible the way the club does it as the law clearly indicates what you can and can't do with kids below 16. Keeping recruitment post 16 is sensible and opens up a whole new worldwide opportunity for the club. Which is why this latest addition will be with us.

If the local area can't oroduce the right quality, it's the only option.
How kids who aren't good enough or their parents feel about it is neither here nor there.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

Eidur Gudjohnsens brother signs with Swans on 20:19 - Mar 14 with 2069 viewsmorningstar

Eidur Gudjohnsens brother signs with Swans on 20:13 - Mar 14 by Loyal

I would say the philosophy behind the u15 and below is to develop local talent, with the emphasis on local .... whilst offering their parents / guardians an insight in to their child's practical ability and also an avenue in to education obtaining qualifications etc ... which the club does do well.

Post 16 education in sports development is only possible the way the club does it as the law clearly indicates what you can and can't do with kids below 16. Keeping recruitment post 16 is sensible and opens up a whole new worldwide opportunity for the club. Which is why this latest addition will be with us.

How kids who aren't good enough or their parents feel about it is neither here nor there.

Phew, thank fvck for that.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2017 20:19]

Eidur Gudjohnsens brother signs with Swans on 20:25 - Mar 14 with 2038 viewsKilkennyjack

Eidur Gudjohnsens brother signs with Swans on 20:13 - Mar 14 by Loyal

Yes well written, but the part ..

If the local area can't produce .....
Is that the same as ....the age group coaches at Swansea City can't produce ...?

Login to get fewer ads

Eidur Gudjohnsens brother signs with Swans on 20:45 - Mar 14 with 1975 viewsmorningstar

Eidur Gudjohnsens brother signs with Swans on 20:25 - Mar 14 by Kilkennyjack

Is that the same as ....the age group coaches at Swansea City can't produce ...?

On that reckoning Barcelona signing Messi was a slur on their 'academy' coaches as they couldn't find a local lad with similar attributes!

Eidur Gudjohnsens brother signs with Swans on 20:53 - Mar 14 with 1958 viewsLoyal

Eidur Gudjohnsens brother signs with Swans on 20:19 - Mar 14 by morningstar

Phew, thank fvck for that.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2017 20:19]

Well, what can I say.
It is what it is.

Eidur Gudjohnsens brother signs with Swans on 20:55 - Mar 14 with 1946 viewsLoyal

Eidur Gudjohnsens brother signs with Swans on 20:25 - Mar 14 by Kilkennyjack

Well, there is a saying you can't polish a turd .....

Eidur Gudjohnsens brother signs with Swans on 21:38 - Mar 14 with 1861 viewsKilkennyjack

Eidur Gudjohnsens brother signs with Swans on 20:55 - Mar 14 by Loyal

Well, there is a saying you can't polish a turd .....

But fairly recently we used to produce local international players like Ben, Joey, Jazz and Macca. What the feck has happened ?

Eidur Gudjohnsens brother signs with Swans on 21:42 - Mar 14 with 1843 viewsKilkennyjack

Eidur Gudjohnsens brother signs with Swans on 20:45 - Mar 14 by morningstar

On that reckoning Barcelona signing Messi was a slur on their 'academy' coaches as they couldn't find a local lad with similar attributes!

There are more Curtis Obeng or Grimes type signings at Swansea City. Can you name any player signed from elsewhere at 16 who has becone an established and meaningful first team player ? Nor me.

Eidur Gudjohnsens brother signs with Swans on 21:43 - Mar 14 with 1838 viewsjasper_T

Eidur Gudjohnsens brother signs with Swans on 21:38 - Mar 14 by Kilkennyjack

But fairly recently we used to produce local international players like Ben, Joey, Jazz and Macca. What the feck has happened ?

Gudjohnsen isn't replacing the entire u16s team. There are still local products progressing through the ranks, one of whom might even see some game time this weekend.
Eidur Gudjohnsens brother signs with Swans on 21:49 - Mar 14 with 1817 viewsChief

Eidur Gudjohnsens brother signs with Swans on 21:42 - Mar 14 by Kilkennyjack

There are more Curtis Obeng or Grimes type signings at Swansea City. Can you name any player signed from elsewhere at 16 who has becone an established and meaningful first team player ? Nor me.

Worth a go though surely? If just one becomes half decent it's worth it.

I can't see the issue with us signing promising youngsters.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Eidur Gudjohnsens brother signs with Swans on 21:54 - Mar 14 with 1799 viewsMartyrman57

We need a quality coaching set up like Manure, Manshitty and Chelski. They are producing teams full of local talent every week.
Eidur Gudjohnsens brother signs with Swans on 22:00 - Mar 14 with 1774 viewsmorningstar

We have to take chances ffs. We are not a top club who attract the cream of the crop. If the local talent isn't there to produce then that's the way it goes. Are there local lads who are going elsewhere recently then?

Eidur Gudjohnsens brother signs with Swans on 22:08 - Mar 14 with 1748 viewsChief

Eidur Gudjohnsens brother signs with Swans on 22:00 - Mar 14 by morningstar

We have to take chances ffs. We are not a top club who attract the cream of the crop. If the local talent isn't there to produce then that's the way it goes. Are there local lads who are going elsewhere recently then?

Correct, I made this point on another thread recently.

The likes of Bale at Southampton, Bellamy at Norwich, Davies at Peterborough or Hartson at Luton simply isn't happening anymore and it isn't really happening with us either. Says to me the talent isn't there

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Eidur Gudjohnsens brother signs with Swans on 22:11 - Mar 14 with 1742 viewsLoyal

Eidur Gudjohnsens brother signs with Swans on 21:38 - Mar 14 by Kilkennyjack

Ben and Joey could have been an ice cream maker 👍
Seriously that's what we have produced. Ben and Joey.
The others are no different McBurnie etc .... the exception is McBurnie may just make it, Jazz, with all due respects failed.

Eidur Gudjohnsens brother signs with Swans on 22:31 - Mar 14 with 1698 viewsmorningstar

Eidur Gudjohnsens brother signs with Swans on 21:54 - Mar 14 by Martyrman57

We need a quality coaching set up like Manure, Manshitty and Chelski. They are producing teams full of local talent every week.

I like you cos you're really funny!

Eidur Gudjohnsens brother signs with Swans on 22:44 - Mar 14 with 1666 viewsKerouac

Siggy is classed as a HG player because he signed for Reading at 16 and spent 3+ years there before his 21st birthday, later moving on to Hoffenheim.

Who is to say this boy couldn't do something similar and we profit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Eidur Gudjohnsens brother signs with Swans on 23:13 - Mar 14 with 1619 viewsKilkennyjack

Eidur Gudjohnsens brother signs with Swans on 21:54 - Mar 14 by Martyrman57

Well we are spending multi millions to play these top sides academies so i guess somebody thinks its a good idea.

Fair point on Rashford, lingard, welbeck, etc, we do need to do much better.

Eidur Gudjohnsens brother signs with Swans on 23:13 - Mar 14 with 1617 viewsTheFranchise

You voted leave right?
Eidur Gudjohnsens brother signs with Swans on 01:10 - Mar 15 with 1492 viewsWanderer

Well if he is half as good as his half brother........good pedigree there.
Plus point is Siggy will feel a better with some more Icelandic being spoken around the place...maybe?
Eidur Gudjohnsens brother signs with Swans on 05:39 - Mar 15 with 1440 viewsKilkennyjack

Eidur Gudjohnsens brother signs with Swans on 23:13 - Mar 14 by TheFranchise

You voted leave right?

Wrong

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024