Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wonder where Cardiff city centre is getting its latest regeneration money? 08:54 - Mar 16 with 1621 viewsCopperJack

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-east-wales-39217073

Poll: The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why?

Wonder where Cardiff city centre is getting its latest regeneration money? on 09:02 - Mar 16 with 1609 viewsBigPhilG

From everyone else in Wales
Wonder where Cardiff city centre is getting its latest regeneration money? on 09:06 - Mar 16 with 1602 viewsblueytheblue

Wonder where Cardiff city centre is getting its latest regeneration money? on 09:02 - Mar 16 by BigPhilG

Everyone else in Wales are part of L&G? Interesting...

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Wonder where Cardiff city centre is getting its latest regeneration money? on 11:07 - Mar 16 with 1526 viewsPrivate_Partz

Wonder where Cardiff city centre is getting its latest regeneration money? on 09:02 - Mar 16 by BigPhilG

We just don't know. As usual there is little information on what taxpayers money goes into this. Lots of it will be private.
What has gone in to it is massive support from WAG working with Beale to get this going.
We are sadly lacking of similar initiatives of a similar scale in Swansea.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Wonder where Cardiff city centre is getting its latest regeneration money? on 11:09 - Mar 16 with 1523 viewsblueytheblue

Wonder where Cardiff city centre is getting its latest regeneration money? on 11:07 - Mar 16 by Private_Partz

We just don't know. As usual there is little information on what taxpayers money goes into this. Lots of it will be private.
What has gone in to it is massive support from WAG working with Beale to get this going.
We are sadly lacking of similar initiatives of a similar scale in Swansea.

Exactly. Private sector bearing the burden.

I'd agree WAG have worked with Beal... however, could it be the case you council leaders haven't been pro-active, haven't worked to get plans in place possibly?

Wonder where Cardiff city centre is getting its latest regeneration money? on 12:17 - Mar 16 with 1498 viewsLord_Bony

Swansea needs a major new housing development like this.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-east-wales-39281571

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Wonder where Cardiff city centre is getting its latest regeneration money? on 12:34 - Mar 16 with 1475 viewsblueytheblue

Wonder where Cardiff city centre is getting its latest regeneration money? on 12:17 - Mar 16 by Lord_Bony

Then it's up to your council to get off their f*cking arses and get developments organised by engaging the private sector.

Sounds to me like a number of your council seem to want to be spoonfed everything.

Wonder where Cardiff city centre is getting its latest regeneration money? on 13:24 - Mar 16 with 1452 viewsPrivate_Partz

Wonder where Cardiff city centre is getting its latest regeneration money? on 12:34 - Mar 16 by blueytheblue

Then it's up to your council to get off their f*cking arses and get developments organised by engaging the private sector.

Sounds to me like a number of your council seem to want to be spoonfed everything.

Language Timothy! Not like you ;-)
I don't think our council can be accused of not having plans. We are the City of artists impressions after all.
I have said many times that 40 miles of motorway does not make better politicians. They areally all Welsh Labour. At least the decision makers are.
Problem is ours will not rock the Cardiff Centric boat. The spoon feeding us all done in the SE.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Wonder where Cardiff city centre is getting its latest regeneration money? on 13:30 - Mar 16 with 1446 viewsPrivate_Partz

Wonder where Cardiff city centre is getting its latest regeneration money? on 12:17 - Mar 16 by Lord_Bony

I think talk of developments like could actually work in swansea''s favour. I see the objectors are already out there.
I suspect that there is a school of thought developing in Cardiff that they have had enough of investment and all the infastructure issues it brings. WAG may be forced to switch their attentions elsewhere.

Login to get fewer ads

Wonder where Cardiff city centre is getting its latest regeneration money? on 14:15 - Mar 16 with 1412 viewsblueytheblue

Wonder where Cardiff city centre is getting its latest regeneration money? on 13:24 - Mar 16 by Private_Partz

Language Timothy! Not like you ;-)
I don't think our council can be accused of not having plans. We are the City of artists impressions after all.
I have said many times that 40 miles of motorway does not make better politicians. They areally all Welsh Labour. At least the decision makers are.
Problem is ours will not rock the Cardiff Centric boat. The spoon feeding us all done in the SE.

The development being complained about is being done by the private sector, Rightacres and L&G. Cultivating partnerships what work effectively is a skill.

It's all very well having plans - easy to commission impressions after all.

I don't see that your council is doing a particularly good job of converting those plans into reality. Maybe some have the dogma that "private sector = bad". Who knows?

Wonder where Cardiff city centre is getting its latest regeneration money? on 14:42 - Mar 16 with 1385 viewsjohnlangy

Wonder where Cardiff city centre is getting its latest regeneration money? on 14:15 - Mar 16 by blueytheblue

The development being complained about is being done by the private sector, Rightacres and L&G. Cultivating partnerships what work effectively is a skill.

It's all very well having plans - easy to commission impressions after all.

I don't see that your council is doing a particularly good job of converting those plans into reality. Maybe some have the dogma that "private sector = bad". Who knows?

There are many things our council could do better and they rightly get slagged off by many of us. But some things are out of their control.

Take for example the WAG decision to site the Welsh HMRC in Cardiff. I read in Walesonline that they want it to be developed in the City Centre. So, the WAG simply making that decision ensures that some private developer WILL invest £100 million or whatever in a DVLA size development because they know they'll get huge returns on their investment for decades to come. It's been known for a long time that a Welsh HMRC was going to happen and it may have been part of the bargaining between the WAG and a developer (perhaps L&G) to persuade them to go ahead with their investment.

So, you're quite right. It IS private sector investment. But the WAG has an enormous part to play in deciding where those investors put their money. And we all know where most of it ends up.
Wonder where Cardiff city centre is getting its latest regeneration money? on 14:55 - Mar 17 with 1236 viewsbyron

Not a chance it won't happen....they want to add 150,000 to the population of cardiff taking it to around 500,000. House prices in some areas are up 15/20% in a year and the waiting list for houses is huge. They have to get the infrastructure right though as traffic is already a mare from this area into the centre....

Benny

Wonder where Cardiff city centre is getting its latest regeneration money? on 14:58 - Mar 17 with 1232 viewsbyron

New business/financial district being born in that area along with BBC and insurance....5000 jobs in already.....you look at what's happening there and compare it to the look outside Swansea station, it's another world mun

Benny

Wonder where Cardiff city centre is getting its latest regeneration money? on 22:14 - Mar 17 with 1144 viewsCopperJack

Wonder where Cardiff city centre is getting its latest regeneration money? on 12:34 - Mar 16 by blueytheblue

In fairness, we have a very different government to you. You have a government that literally gives you everything, like the child of a millionaire. We have a government that gives us nothing, or builds us an occasional road, and tells us to be grateful.

Your council doesn't need to make an effort. They get things like the Millenium Centre built for them, and the Welsh Government spent more on that one building that they have on the entire SA1 development - let alone the billions they spent on Cardiff Bay and St Davids.

All of our regeneration plans are entirely privately backed - unless you're a ridiculously affluent town, you are going to struggle to regenerate, which is usually where public money comes into play. Sadly, we don't qualify for public money, and neither does anywhere else in Wales. The WAG are an absolute travesty.

Poll: The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why?

Wonder where Cardiff city centre is getting its latest regeneration money? on 08:44 - Mar 18 with 1079 viewsRevJames

No it doesn't.

Cardiff is great at building lots of houses in area where traffic congestion is already a nightmare and public transport can't cope with the demand in the rush hour.

What Swansea needs is a decent retail centre, marquee stores like John Lewis to attract the punters and other nice shops and a massive upgrade to High Street near the station.
Wonder where Cardiff city centre is getting its latest regeneration money? on 12:21 - Mar 18 with 1036 viewsjohnlangy

Wonder where Cardiff city centre is getting its latest regeneration money? on 08:44 - Mar 18 by RevJames

No it doesn't.

Cardiff is great at building lots of houses in area where traffic congestion is already a nightmare and public transport can't cope with the demand in the rush hour.

What Swansea needs is a decent retail centre, marquee stores like John Lewis to attract the punters and other nice shops and a massive upgrade to High Street near the station.

Re traffic congestion in Cardiff, what will happen is that they'll build it, then say we need to upgrade the infrastructure to cope with the traffic congestion.

Re Swansea. We do need a decent retail centre. But stores like John Lewis go where the money is (understandably) and, until Swansea gets decent, well paid jobs so that people have good money to spend these sorts of stores just won't come. I'll mention the HMRC development again. If that was built in Swansea City Centre it would give the place an enormous financial boost and drag in investment.

But, of course, we all know that with Labour running the WAG that's not going to happen.
Wonder where Cardiff city centre is getting its latest regeneration money? on 19:17 - Mar 18 with 993 viewsbyron

I went into Cardiff city centre last night funnily enough first time for years. I was staggered how much it had changed in just a few years....very busy early on (6pm) and reminded me abut of London. Lots of wealthy looking folks, no idiots around but well expensive (dirty martini). Very good food in bar 44 if you're ever in west gate street..

Benny

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024