Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So then Swansea 16:34 - Mar 20 with 3707 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

What do you think ?

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

So then Swansea on 16:50 - Mar 20 with 3263 viewsLoyal

I actually know the fourth white person at the start.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

So then Swansea on 16:58 - Mar 20 with 3235 viewsjack247

Two questions, have they deleted Dyfatty and what's a digital aquarium?
So then Swansea on 17:02 - Mar 20 with 3228 viewsBanosswan

So then Swansea on 16:58 - Mar 20 by jack247

One without any fish?

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

So then Swansea on 17:26 - Mar 20 with 3186 viewsLeonWasGod

So then Swansea on 17:02 - Mar 20 by Banosswan

One without any fish?

Cutbacks innit. On the plus side, residents will be able to download it for home consumption of an innovative, interactive digital experience.
So then Swansea on 18:57 - Mar 20 with 3132 viewsLoyal

So then Swansea on 16:58 - Mar 20 by jack247

Anything digital can bring pleasure.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

So then Swansea on 19:07 - Mar 20 with 3108 viewsGowerjack

Looks a bit like Liverpool.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

So then Swansea on 19:34 - Mar 20 with 3083 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Can't see all that coming off to be honest

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

So then Swansea on 19:47 - Mar 20 with 3055 viewstrampie

Swansea planners have blighted Swansea as much as the Luftwaffe did and those Nazi b*ggers flattened the place.
Swansea could be a lovely city because of its great location, a city to rival any other in the World.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Login to get fewer ads

So then Swansea on 19:51 - Mar 20 with 3041 viewsjack247

So then Swansea on 19:47 - Mar 20 by trampie

Swansea planners have blighted Swansea as much as the Luftwaffe did and those Nazi b*ggers flattened the place.
Swansea could be a lovely city because of its great location, a city to rival any other in the World.

I know your talking in terms of being on the coast, but geographically, Swanseas location is more of a weakness than a strength
So then Swansea on 19:58 - Mar 20 with 3028 viewsNeath_Jack

Plenty of new shops for charity shops to set up in.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

So then Swansea on 20:21 - Mar 20 with 2973 viewstrampie

So then Swansea on 19:51 - Mar 20 by jack247

I know your talking in terms of being on the coast, but geographically, Swanseas location is more of a weakness than a strength

Why ?
Been on the coast is an advantage for trading with the World, also lots of raw materials close to Swansea as well like coal and water, hence why it was an industrial town, its better to have an airport close to the sea as opposed to inland as well.
Swansea is surrounded by beautiful landscapes with lots of castles not far away, lots of history, Swansea has no divine right to be a great little city on a World scale but it should be.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

So then Swansea on 20:36 - Mar 20 with 2939 viewsKilkennyjack

So then Swansea on 19:58 - Mar 20 by Neath_Jack

Plenty of new shops for charity shops to set up in.

😂👏

Beware of the Risen People

So then Swansea on 20:50 - Mar 20 with 2905 viewsjack247

So then Swansea on 20:21 - Mar 20 by trampie

Why ?
Been on the coast is an advantage for trading with the World, also lots of raw materials close to Swansea as well like coal and water, hence why it was an industrial town, its better to have an airport close to the sea as opposed to inland as well.
Swansea is surrounded by beautiful landscapes with lots of castles not far away, lots of history, Swansea has no divine right to be a great little city on a World scale but it should be.

It's not the early 1900s anymore. We are simply geographically isolated. It's very difficult to attract visitors if they have to pass Bristol and Cardiff to get here. A great place to live, certainly. A city to rival any other on a world scale, that's a bit far fetched for me.
So then Swansea on 20:58 - Mar 20 with 2885 viewsKilkennyjack

So then Swansea on 20:50 - Mar 20 by jack247

It's not the early 1900s anymore. We are simply geographically isolated. It's very difficult to attract visitors if they have to pass Bristol and Cardiff to get here. A great place to live, certainly. A city to rival any other on a world scale, that's a bit far fetched for me.

I understand that a relatively new invention called 'the Internet' will be of value in terms of addressing any (old) concerns about Swansea's geographical location. No need to worry.

Beware of the Risen People

So then Swansea on 20:59 - Mar 20 with 2876 viewsjack247

So then Swansea on 20:58 - Mar 20 by Kilkennyjack

I understand that a relatively new invention called 'the Internet' will be of value in terms of addressing any (old) concerns about Swansea's geographical location. No need to worry.

You can't get here on the internet.
So then Swansea on 21:05 - Mar 20 with 2852 viewsDr_Winston

Depends what you want in a city really. If we want people to bypass Cardiff and Bristol we have to offer stuff that neither city does, and we do have that in spades.

Swansea has never made the best of its geographical location in terms of sport and leisure. It's pretty shambolic that only fairly recently has a facility like The 360 Cafe been opened for example. The bay and Gower should be chock full of people down here spending money all year round, with enough decent hotels and transport links to get them there.

As for the rest, a clean, well organised city centre with decent office space, some tidy shops and enough attractions to keep people busy when the weather turns to shit should be plenty. The council are being untypically smart about trying to partner with other organisations in most things with these new developments. Finding an operator for the proposed arena instead of trying to run it themselves being a prime example.

I have deep reservations over the envy some people have towards the shopping developments in Cardiff and Bristol. Just saving up trouble for the future for me.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

So then Swansea on 21:06 - Mar 20 with 2846 viewstrampie

M4, Paddington mainline, Swansea docks, Swansea is not in the least bit isolated.

So then Swansea on 21:15 - Mar 20 with 2826 viewsjack247

So then Swansea on 21:06 - Mar 20 by trampie

M4, Paddington mainline, Swansea docks, Swansea is not in the least bit isolated.

Not unless you compare it to more or less every similar sized city in the UK.

That's not to downplay the investment and regeneration. Don't think it's going to make us a big attraction on the global scale though
So then Swansea on 21:44 - Mar 20 with 2772 viewsjack247

So then Swansea on 21:05 - Mar 20 by Dr_Winston

Depends what you want in a city really. If we want people to bypass Cardiff and Bristol we have to offer stuff that neither city does, and we do have that in spades.

Swansea has never made the best of its geographical location in terms of sport and leisure. It's pretty shambolic that only fairly recently has a facility like The 360 Cafe been opened for example. The bay and Gower should be chock full of people down here spending money all year round, with enough decent hotels and transport links to get them there.

As for the rest, a clean, well organised city centre with decent office space, some tidy shops and enough attractions to keep people busy when the weather turns to shit should be plenty. The council are being untypically smart about trying to partner with other organisations in most things with these new developments. Finding an operator for the proposed arena instead of trying to run it themselves being a prime example.

I have deep reservations over the envy some people have towards the shopping developments in Cardiff and Bristol. Just saving up trouble for the future for me.

This post has been edited by an administrator

The last sentence resonates with me. Retail is only going to migrate away from city centres in the medium to long term. They could eventually end up being white elephants.

In theory, we have the natural landscape to offer something that very few cities can. In reality, I don't see people flocking to Swansea just to visit Three Cliffs or whatever.

Not sure developing Gower is feasible, or something I'd welcome anyway. It's selling point is that it's unspoilt. Certainly could do a lot along the Mumbles Road though, with reasonable access to it.
So then Swansea on 22:16 - Mar 20 with 2704 viewsDr_Winston

So then Swansea on 21:44 - Mar 20 by jack247

The last sentence resonates with me. Retail is only going to migrate away from city centres in the medium to long term. They could eventually end up being white elephants.

In theory, we have the natural landscape to offer something that very few cities can. In reality, I don't see people flocking to Swansea just to visit Three Cliffs or whatever.

Not sure developing Gower is feasible, or something I'd welcome anyway. It's selling point is that it's unspoilt. Certainly could do a lot along the Mumbles Road though, with reasonable access to it.

The Internet has already done for a number of long standing retailers. Imagine how bad it'll get when 3D printing technology comes down in price? Dozens of developments with tens of thousands of square feet of retail space and no customers. Better off out of that in the long term.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

So then Swansea on 22:27 - Mar 20 with 2683 viewsSPboy

So then Swansea on 21:06 - Mar 20 by trampie

M4 - west of Margam a 2 lane motorway with speed restrictions & regular traffic jams

Paddington mainline - at the moment but when electrification to the capital is complete, will the people west of Cardiff have to change train in the capital ?

Swansea Docks - no longer a working dock or ferry terminal.
So then Swansea on 22:27 - Mar 20 with 2682 viewstrampie

So then Swansea on 21:15 - Mar 20 by jack247

Not unless you compare it to more or less every similar sized city in the UK.

That's not to downplay the investment and regeneration. Don't think it's going to make us a big attraction on the global scale though

Not sure if Swansea scores that badly on external links compared to other cities of a similar size in the UK, Swansea as a city is not even 50 years old, its small for a city.
Swansea has a mainline, a motorway and something that not all cities have and that's a port, it has an underdeveloped airport and at one time had canals that could be reopened and trams that could be reintroduced but as regards external links Swansea does have external links in and out of the city.

What Swansea has got that others have not got is a beautiful location, Gower being the first area in the United Kingdom to be designated an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
That is why Swansea could be a great little city on a World scale because you just cant buy what Swansea has got, location, location, location.

So then Swansea on 17:00 - Mar 21 with 2478 viewsAl_Bundy

So then Swansea on 20:21 - Mar 20 by trampie

Why ?

Road network is shite.. Rail network isn't much better

Too far away from many UK trading hubs

Raw materials are currently cheaper to buy abroad. The port is limited and not competitive to others in the UK.

Could be argued there isn't enough tech and fianicial jobs in the city to sustain real growth. Possibly Swansea is too top heavy in Public Sector jobs.

The key is and maybe at the expense of local people is get the Uni graduates to settle in Swansea similar to Dublin and provide the work for them to underpin and grow the economy.
So then Swansea on 17:13 - Mar 21 with 2458 viewsAl_Bundy

So then Swansea on 22:27 - Mar 20 by trampie

Not sure if Swansea scores that badly on external links compared to other cities of a similar size in the UK, Swansea as a city is not even 50 years old, its small for a city.
Swansea has a mainline, a motorway and something that not all cities have and that's a port, it has an underdeveloped airport and at one time had canals that could be reopened and trams that could be reintroduced but as regards external links Swansea does have external links in and out of the city.

What Swansea has got that others have not got is a beautiful location, Gower being the first area in the United Kingdom to be designated an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
That is why Swansea could be a great little city on a World scale because you just cant buy what Swansea has got, location, location, location.

There are lots of cities in the UK that offer what you stated. Swansea can be equally matched with Plymouth in my view. Both have an airport of sorts although Plymouth has gone backwards massively since Exeter grew. Plymouth has a port and Dartmoor and Cornwall on its doorstep. Southampton is a better model with a massive active port, busy airport and motorway links with the South Downs and New Forest nearby.

Not sure what shape Swansea is in port wise to be honest these days.
So then Swansea on 18:40 - Mar 21 with 2414 viewsWarwickHunt

So then Swansea on 16:50 - Mar 20 by Loyal

I actually know the fourth white person at the start.

Shocking lack of diversity in that video.

#blacklivesmatter
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024