Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
WAG takes MORE jobs to Cardiff 11:09 - Mar 22 with 2568 viewsCopperJack

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/business/appointments/law-firm-creating-71-new-1277

Luckily, nowhere else in Wales needs these jobs.

Poll: The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why?

WAG takes MORE jobs to Cardiff on 11:35 - Mar 22 with 2075 viewsmajorraglan

This is a Cardiff based Company who are looking to expand. While I would really like to see more investment in the rest of the Country, I would rather see WAG support the creation of 70 odd jobs than not have the extra jobs at all.

What we need to see is major improvements in the infrastructure in South West Wales, new roads improving access to the SA1 area, which can be developed, some of the land on Baglan Moors, around Port Talbot near the steel works, Llanelli East area, and improved transport links. Swansea City Ctr is a mess, some of it needs flattening and redeveloping, for a small city the Ctr is spread out and needs to be more compact. Improving the roads will help people living in the valleys and Carmarthenshire commute and provide more opportunities.
WAG takes MORE jobs to Cardiff on 11:52 - Mar 22 with 2066 viewsCopperJack

WAG takes MORE jobs to Cardiff on 11:35 - Mar 22 by majorraglan

This is a Cardiff based Company who are looking to expand. While I would really like to see more investment in the rest of the Country, I would rather see WAG support the creation of 70 odd jobs than not have the extra jobs at all.

What we need to see is major improvements in the infrastructure in South West Wales, new roads improving access to the SA1 area, which can be developed, some of the land on Baglan Moors, around Port Talbot near the steel works, Llanelli East area, and improved transport links. Swansea City Ctr is a mess, some of it needs flattening and redeveloping, for a small city the Ctr is spread out and needs to be more compact. Improving the roads will help people living in the valleys and Carmarthenshire commute and provide more opportunities.

They've been given almost half a million to expand. Why not expand it into other cities/areas? Why not use that money to open an office in SA1? Doesn't fit with their agenda to drive Wales into poverty and Cardiff into a city state

WAG takes MORE jobs to Cardiff on 12:39 - Mar 22 with 2034 viewsblueytheblue

WAG takes MORE jobs to Cardiff on 11:52 - Mar 22 by CopperJack

They've been given almost half a million to expand. Why not expand it into other cities/areas? Why not use that money to open an office in SA1? Doesn't fit with their agenda to drive Wales into poverty and Cardiff into a city state

So you'd mandate where private companies should locate?

Maybe creating offices in say Swansea would be more viable if transport links were better?

Poll: Alternate POTY final

WAG takes MORE jobs to Cardiff on 12:58 - Mar 22 with 2016 viewslondonlisa2001

WAG takes MORE jobs to Cardiff on 12:39 - Mar 22 by blueytheblue

Maybe creating offices in say Swansea would be more viable if transport links were better?

If public money is involved in creating jobs of course you mandate where they are based.

However, in this case, the story is just designed to irritate. I imagine some at Wales Online are miffed about the Swansea city deal this week. It's a crappy little Cardiff law firm - they don't have a 'global' headquarters for anything. I imagine we'll see lots of this nonsense from the Wales online - it's the same mentality as them publishing 'who's the bigger club' articles every time the Swans do something or endless stories about Cardiff signing a new forward for a packet of crisps and a Mars Bar if the Swans beat Liverpool or Man Utd. If the tidal lagoon gets the go ahead, they'll publish more nonsense about some penny-ante firm expanding in Cardiff. Guarantee it.
WAG takes MORE jobs to Cardiff on 13:05 - Mar 22 with 2013 viewsblueytheblue

WAG takes MORE jobs to Cardiff on 12:58 - Mar 22 by londonlisa2001

If public money is involved in creating jobs of course you mandate where they are based.

However, in this case, the story is just designed to irritate. I imagine some at Wales Online are miffed about the Swansea city deal this week. It's a crappy little Cardiff law firm - they don't have a 'global' headquarters for anything. I imagine we'll see lots of this nonsense from the Wales online - it's the same mentality as them publishing 'who's the bigger club' articles every time the Swans do something or endless stories about Cardiff signing a new forward for a packet of crisps and a Mars Bar if the Swans beat Liverpool or Man Utd. If the tidal lagoon gets the go ahead, they'll publish more nonsense about some penny-ante firm expanding in Cardiff. Guarantee it.

And they then turn round and say "no, transport links are woeful". No jobs created at all.

Agree it's a non story really. Not sure it's been run for the reason you give, more that WalesOnline, like all Trinity Mirror papers are piss poor when it comes to real journalism.

Decided to run this story just to show "see, we do local news". No doubt ahead of the next round of Trinity Mirror cuts.

WAG takes MORE jobs to Cardiff on 13:10 - Mar 22 with 2008 viewslondonlisa2001

WAG takes MORE jobs to Cardiff on 13:05 - Mar 22 by blueytheblue

And they then turn round and say "no, transport links are woeful". No jobs created at all.

Agree it's a non story really. Not sure it's been run for the reason you give, more that WalesOnline, like all Trinity Mirror papers are piss poor when it comes to real journalism.

Decided to run this story just to show "see, we do local news". No doubt ahead of the next round of Trinity Mirror cuts.

The small minded petty nonsense from the 'National Newspaper of Wales' snigger, is astonishing.

I've no doubt at all that they didn't like the pictures of Theresa May at the Liberty this week, holding her Swans umbrella, or being interviewed at the Liberty on the news.

They've fallen over themselves trying to make a case that the Cardiff deal is better (it's not).

They'll absolutely hate it if Swansea becomes a vibrant city - in much the same way as they hate the Swans doing better than Cardiff.

Pathetic.
WAG takes MORE jobs to Cardiff on 13:13 - Mar 22 with 2001 viewsblueytheblue

WAG takes MORE jobs to Cardiff on 13:10 - Mar 22 by londonlisa2001

The small minded petty nonsense from the 'National Newspaper of Wales' snigger, is astonishing.

I've no doubt at all that they didn't like the pictures of Theresa May at the Liberty this week, holding her Swans umbrella, or being interviewed at the Liberty on the news.

They've fallen over themselves trying to make a case that the Cardiff deal is better (it's not).

They'll absolutely hate it if Swansea becomes a vibrant city - in much the same way as they hate the Swans doing better than Cardiff.

Pathetic.

Well, May was in Cardiff the day before so I doubt anyone was that bothered.

Expected the hatred of WalesOnline from others, not so much you tbh.

Reality is, it's a sh*t media organisation. Always has been,. always will be. Paper sales have dropped in Cardiff after all...

You've got a bunch of "journalists" running minor stories as major stories because a) they want to loom busy b) they want to look relevant c) they don't want to be fired in the next round of cuts.

I've had sharts with more journalistic credibility...

WAG takes MORE jobs to Cardiff on 13:37 - Mar 22 with 1976 viewsPrivate_Partz

WAG takes MORE jobs to Cardiff on 13:10 - Mar 22 by londonlisa2001

Pathetic.

Absolutely spot on. Only those in Cardiff think chucking yet another half a million at a Private Company to develop in the Cardiff bubble is a non story. It is pathetic tit for tat by the media regardless.
Unfortunately this is going on continually to promote the Cardiff City State.
Just as worryingly for me it is aided and abetted by our 'National Media '. WOL will now be the outlet for all non printed media in relation to SWEP as well. Very unhealthy.
I must say I share the surprise of our resident defender of all things Cardiff and Tory. I did not realise you shared similar views to quite a few of us on here. Welcome aboard ,-)

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Login to get fewer ads

WAG takes MORE jobs to Cardiff on 13:39 - Mar 22 with 1971 viewsmajorraglan

The Coms/PR Dept from WAG and the company have gone out and tried to secure some publicity for this deal and Wales On Line is obliging. It's a small scale deal which will create 70 odd new jobs, I personally have no issue with it. Now if it were a multinational relocating to Wales brining thousands of jobs with it and it went to Cardiff, for me that would be totally different. It's not just the Swansea area that needs a boost, all of West and Mid Wales ( I cant comment on a North Wales as I don't have the knowledge) needs support.

Edit - typo
[Post edited 22 Mar 2017 14:16]
WAG takes MORE jobs to Cardiff on 13:40 - Mar 22 with 1968 viewsblueytheblue

WAG takes MORE jobs to Cardiff on 13:37 - Mar 22 by Private_Partz

Absolutely spot on. Only those in Cardiff think chucking yet another half a million at a Private Company to develop in the Cardiff bubble is a non story. It is pathetic tit for tat by the media regardless.
Unfortunately this is going on continually to promote the Cardiff City State.
Just as worryingly for me it is aided and abetted by our 'National Media '. WOL will now be the outlet for all non printed media in relation to SWEP as well. Very unhealthy.
I must say I share the surprise of our resident defender of all things Cardiff and Tory. I did not realise you shared similar views to quite a few of us on here. Welcome aboard ,-)

Why surprised?

I've always railed against the media. It's not some big conspiracy against Swansea... it's the fact local media is f*cking incompetent...

WAG takes MORE jobs to Cardiff on 13:51 - Mar 22 with 1963 viewsPrivate_Partz

WAG takes MORE jobs to Cardiff on 13:39 - Mar 22 by majorraglan

The Coms/PR Dept from WAG and the company have gone out and tried to secure some publicity for this deal and Wales On Line is obliging. It's a small scale deal which will create 70 odd new jobs, I personally have no issue with it. Now if it were a multinational relocating to Wales brining thousands of jobs with it and it went to Cardiff, for me that would be totally different. It's not just the Swansea area that needs a boost, all of West and Mid Wales ( I cant comment on a North Wales as I don't have the knowledge) needs support.

Edit - typo
[Post edited 22 Mar 2017 14:16]

WAG do their brst to centralise the vast majority of jobs on Cardiff. Be it Private, Public ot even the Third Sector. When a multinational or Government Dept comes aknocking you can guarantee Cardiff will be at the forefront in relation to WAG''s stance. I fully support your view in relation to the rest of Wales. You don't need expert knowledge of North Wales either. It is obviously the land that WAG forgot. Like another country almost.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

WAG takes MORE jobs to Cardiff on 13:56 - Mar 22 with 1961 viewslondonlisa2001

WAG takes MORE jobs to Cardiff on 13:13 - Mar 22 by blueytheblue

Well, May was in Cardiff the day before so I doubt anyone was that bothered.

Expected the hatred of WalesOnline from others, not so much you tbh.

Reality is, it's a sh*t media organisation. Always has been,. always will be. Paper sales have dropped in Cardiff after all...

You've got a bunch of "journalists" running minor stories as major stories because a) they want to loom busy b) they want to look relevant c) they don't want to be fired in the next round of cuts.

I've had sharts with more journalistic credibility...

Ah, but she wasn't on the national news with a Cardiff umbrella was she :-)

I don't 'hate' WOL, I just find their irritation blindingly obvious and it amuses me. In some ways it's easier to see their bias from afar. I find them pathetic.
WAG takes MORE jobs to Cardiff on 14:17 - Mar 22 with 1945 viewsPrivate_Partz

WAG takes MORE jobs to Cardiff on 13:56 - Mar 22 by londonlisa2001

I don't 'hate' WOL, I just find their irritation blindingly obvious and it amuses me. In some ways it's easier to see their bias from afar. I find them pathetic.

I find it pathetic but very unhealthy as well. BBC Wales and to a lesser extent HTV are just as culpable.
Trouble is living in Wales we have to put up with this cr@p and many beieve it. Paricilarly those in the SE. It breeds a sense of entitlement that we see from Bluey. NTM is a different case. He just loves Welsh Labour and I would suspect he has little issue with a media that fully supports that Party. ;-)

WAG takes MORE jobs to Cardiff on 14:17 - Mar 22 with 1945 viewsblueytheblue

WAG takes MORE jobs to Cardiff on 13:56 - Mar 22 by londonlisa2001

Mostly because she wasn't at CCS.

Again, I don't see it as bias. I see it as idiots trying to keep jobs by pushing out any stories as being major.

WAG takes MORE jobs to Cardiff on 09:20 - Mar 24 with 1759 viewsCopperJack

WAG takes MORE jobs to Cardiff on 12:39 - Mar 22 by blueytheblue

That's the way this works. Some of my friends have joined PWC in Cardiff and they WAG decided where they'd open up. It's the whole point of giving tax breaks, or, like in this case, a big fat wedge to open in a specific location.

We can't get better transport links. Our government doesn't throw money at us. In fact, they actively try to avoid helping us. As if our motorway links weren't bad enough, they then make them worse by putting it down to 2 lanes and a variable speed limit...because they always work so well. Again, they've spent more in Cardiff on one building, than in Swansea on an entire area (SA1). What chance do we have for transport links (which is the responsibility of the WAG)?

I expect nothing less from entitled-Cardiff people though. The 'We get so much because we're the capital and we're just a naturally precocious bunch', nothing to do with the fact that billions has been showered on the city while the rest of Wales has gone backwards in every conceivable league table since devolution.

WAG takes MORE jobs to Cardiff on 17:22 - Mar 25 with 1646 viewsbyron

You sound really bitter Lisa....let it go ffs....my misses works at the welsh office in Cardiff, Theresa may isbsck and fire there all the time, not even publicised half the time.

Benny

WAG takes MORE jobs to Cardiff on 18:34 - Mar 25 with 1618 viewsPrivate_Partz

WAG takes MORE jobs to Cardiff on 17:22 - Mar 25 by byron

You sound really bitter Lisa....let it go ffs....my misses works at the welsh office in Cardiff, Theresa may isbsck and fire there all the time, not even publicised half the time.

Blimey she has not been PM for long. How often does she visit??
The Welsh Office....now that would be an excellent Public Sector organisation that could easily be relocated to another part if Wales therby providing some decent paid jobs outside of the Cardiff bubble.
I am not bitter either btw, just concerned about the rest of Wales with a Cardiff centric Welsh Labour in charge and Brexit looming large on the horizon.

WAG takes MORE jobs to Cardiff on 19:16 - Mar 25 with 1595 viewsBigPhilG

WAG takes MORE jobs to Cardiff on 12:58 - Mar 22 by londonlisa2001

Thankyou for the best post I've read in a very long time
WAG takes MORE jobs to Cardiff on 19:27 - Mar 25 with 1591 viewsnice_to_michu

WAG takes MORE jobs to Cardiff on 18:34 - Mar 25 by Private_Partz

Blimey she has not been PM for long. How often does she visit??
The Welsh Office....now that would be an excellent Public Sector organisation that could easily be relocated to another part if Wales therby providing some decent paid jobs outside of the Cardiff bubble.
I am not bitter either btw, just concerned about the rest of Wales with a Cardiff centric Welsh Labour in charge and Brexit looming large on the horizon.

I'm really hoping that you're not suggesting that Welsh Labour tell the Tory British Government where to put their offices?

Anyways, I asked you before about how Carwyn went cap in hand regarding the location of the HMRC offices, but you didn't reply :( :( :(

As I said before, many posters on here have mentioned it and I'm not exactly sure what the WAG is in the wrong about this particular one to be honest. Genuinely intrigued.
WAG takes MORE jobs to Cardiff on 16:40 - Mar 26 with 1518 viewsPrivate_Partz

WAG takes MORE jobs to Cardiff on 19:27 - Mar 25 by nice_to_michu

I'm really hoping that you're not suggesting that Welsh Labour tell the Tory British Government where to put their offices?

Anyways, I asked you before about how Carwyn went cap in hand regarding the location of the HMRC offices, but you didn't reply :( :( :(

As I said before, many posters on here have mentioned it and I'm not exactly sure what the WAG is in the wrong about this particular one to be honest. Genuinely intrigued.

No they don't tell them. They advise or beg.
Now you expect me to dig out the press report where the two greatest supporters of Cardiff went cap in hand!
Here' is the deal. I will have a go at digging it out if you can find the per capita WAG spend difference between N and S Wales as reported by the Daily Post. We will both have one hell of a job.
I will have a dig round to see what I can find though. It would not surprise me if the story was pulled. Watch this space.... maybe :-)

WAG takes MORE jobs to Cardiff on 16:45 - Mar 26 with 1512 viewsexiledclaseboy

It's called the Wales Office. Not the Welsh Office. Actually it's "The Office of the Secretary of State for Wales" if you want to be really pedantic. It's tiny these days, since devolution it's not really responsible for anything.

And it's the Welsh Government. Not the WAG.

Just saying.
[Post edited 26 Mar 2017 16:50]

Poll: Tory leader

WAG takes MORE jobs to Cardiff on 17:08 - Mar 26 with 1480 viewsblueytheblue

WAG takes MORE jobs to Cardiff on 16:45 - Mar 26 by exiledclaseboy

It's called the Wales Office. Not the Welsh Office. Actually it's "The Office of the Secretary of State for Wales" if you want to be really pedantic. It's tiny these days, since devolution it's not really responsible for anything.

And it's the Welsh Government. Not the WAG.

Just saying.
[Post edited 26 Mar 2017 16:50]

Wales/Welsh thing is confusing.

BBC and other broadcasters also confuse things. It's now "Wales international" not "Welsh international". Wouldn't surprise me if that change was made for the Murican market - "where on earth is 'Welsh'"?

WAG takes MORE jobs to Cardiff on 17:14 - Mar 26 with 1474 viewsexiledclaseboy

WAG takes MORE jobs to Cardiff on 17:08 - Mar 26 by blueytheblue

Wales/Welsh thing is confusing.

BBC and other broadcasters also confuse things. It's now "Wales international" not "Welsh international". Wouldn't surprise me if that change was made for the Murican market - "where on earth is 'Welsh'"?

It's also the Scotland Office now, as opposed to the Scottish Office.

I'd imagine the change was made to recognise the fact that a government department can't really have a national identity. It's probably Pee Cee GONE MAD!! or something.

WAG takes MORE jobs to Cardiff on 17:16 - Mar 26 with 1469 viewsblueytheblue

WAG takes MORE jobs to Cardiff on 17:14 - Mar 26 by exiledclaseboy

It's also the Scotland Office now, as opposed to the Scottish Office.

I'd imagine the change was made to recognise the fact that a government department can't really have a national identity. It's probably Pee Cee GONE MAD!! or something.

Think it's more likely due to confusing Muricans.

Wasn't the golf event "Welsh Open" renamed "Wales Open" for that reason?

WAG takes MORE jobs to Cardiff on 17:19 - Mar 26 with 1467 viewsexiledclaseboy

WAG takes MORE jobs to Cardiff on 17:16 - Mar 26 by blueytheblue

Think it's more likely due to confusing Muricans.

Wasn't the golf event "Welsh Open" renamed "Wales Open" for that reason?

I've no idea but I doubt minor government departments were re-named to appease American understanding. The vast majority of British types are unaware of the existence of the Wales and Scotland offices so I doubt any Americans are.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024