Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Happy Article 50 day! (n/t) 08:16 - Mar 29 with 7293 viewsblueytheblue

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Happy Article 50 day! (n/t) on 19:49 - Mar 30 with 1127 viewsrock1n

Happy Article 50 day! (n/t) on 19:45 - Mar 30 by exiledclaseboy

Anyone read the "Great Repeal Bill" white paper? I got half way through it in work earlier but got distracted.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/the-great-repeal-bill-white-paper

Nope but apparently after all the horrific legislation the EU has put in place we're not actually going to repeal anything.

Remarkable isn't it, almost as if the legislation was largely spot on.

But hey it's be 'British' not 'foreign' so that makes it much better.

The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter

Happy Article 50 day! (n/t) on 19:51 - Mar 30 with 1119 viewsexiledclaseboy

Happy Article 50 day! (n/t) on 19:49 - Mar 30 by rock1n

Nope but apparently after all the horrific legislation the EU has put in place we're not actually going to repeal anything.

But the UK parliament will now be able to decide which bits to keep and which of the nasty bits to get tid of. Taking back control mun. It'll be very interesting to see how much of the EU-originated law we end up getting rid of. I'll wager it won't be very much.

Poll: Tory leader

Happy Article 50 day! (n/t) on 19:55 - Mar 30 with 1116 viewsblueytheblue

Happy Article 50 day! (n/t) on 19:49 - Mar 30 by rock1n

Except that's not the case.

EU legislation is being brought into UK law to ease the transition out of EU. Secondary legislation brought in then amends those laws.

Which is a pragmatic approach. Enshrine current EU laws so companies know what they are dealing with in two years time. Using that as a base, then amend or scrap relevant laws as applicable for Britain post Brexit.

Can't see how that's not the most sensible approach.

PS, Is T2C still butthurt about something?

Happy Article 50 day! (n/t) on 20:02 - Mar 30 with 1109 viewsexiledclaseboy

Happy Article 50 day! (n/t) on 19:55 - Mar 30 by blueytheblue

Except that's not the case.

EU legislation is being brought into UK law to ease the transition out of EU. Secondary legislation brought in then amends those laws.

Which is a pragmatic approach. Enshrine current EU laws so companies know what they are dealing with in two years time. Using that as a base, then amend or scrap relevant laws as applicable for Britain post Brexit.

Can't see how that's not the most sensible approach.

PS, Is T2C still butthurt about something?

You can't amend primary legislation with secondary legislation.

How much of the EU-soon-to-be-even-though-it-always-has-been-UK-law do you think we'll end up getting rid of or at least amending?

F*ck me I just finished reading it. They do plan to give themselves power to use SIs to amend statute law where they feel the need to. That's a constitutional grab if ever there was one and a huge increase in power for the executive given that secondary legislation receives little or no parliamentary scrutiny.

Still. Taking back control.
[Post edited 30 Mar 2017 20:33]

Happy Article 50 day! (n/t) on 20:31 - Mar 30 with 1085 viewsblueytheblue

Happy Article 50 day! (n/t) on 20:02 - Mar 30 by exiledclaseboy

You can't amend primary legislation with secondary legislation.

How much of the EU-soon-to-be-even-though-it-always-has-been-UK-law do you think we'll end up getting rid of or at least amending?

F*ck me I just finished reading it. They do plan to give themselves power to use SIs to amend statute law where they feel the need to. That's a constitutional grab if ever there was one and a huge increase in power for the executive given that secondary legislation receives little or no parliamentary scrutiny.

Still. Taking back control.
[Post edited 30 Mar 2017 20:33]

The point was that those laws once brought into British law could then be repealed / amended -I thought it could be achieved via secondary legislation but happy to be corrected.

Difficult to put an exact figure or even a ballpark estimate. It's not the case that X laws get scrapped the day after leaving. I'd imagine it'll be fluid, laws amended / scrapped depending on the situations at any time in the future.

Happy Article 50 day! (n/t) on 20:34 - Mar 30 with 1082 viewsexiledclaseboy

Happy Article 50 day! (n/t) on 20:31 - Mar 30 by blueytheblue

The point was that those laws once brought into British law could then be repealed / amended -I thought it could be achieved via secondary legislation but happy to be corrected.

Difficult to put an exact figure or even a ballpark estimate. It's not the case that X laws get scrapped the day after leaving. I'd imagine it'll be fluid, laws amended / scrapped depending on the situations at any time in the future.

See my edit, made at the same time as your post.

Happy Article 50 day! (n/t) on 20:35 - Mar 30 with 1080 viewstrampie

Happy Article 50 day! (n/t) on 23:52 - Mar 29 by Loyal

The United Kingdom of England and Wales.
And just like the cricket what will it really be called ?
Trample mun, your going to be English !

You can call a dog a cat, but its still a dog.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Happy Article 50 day! (n/t) on 20:40 - Mar 30 with 1071 viewsrock1n

This is above my pay grade on legislative stuff, one thing I do understand is that it looks like more and more like power seems to be drifting to the PM. I just don't get the benefits of all of this instability. I must be missing something.

The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter

Login to get fewer ads

Happy Article 50 day! (n/t) on 21:32 - Mar 30 with 1041 viewsKilkennyjack

Happy Article 50 day! (n/t) on 18:32 - Mar 30 by blueytheblue

Played a big part?

Less applications from UK especially Wales.

So precisely how much part has Brexit played in it?

Years ago, when the universities merged, 700 staff applied for voluntary redundancy - clearly they must have see Brexit ahead!

Brexit will now get the blame for everything. A mate claimed it was doom and gloom because Lloyd's of London was moving to Brussels! Apart from the fact it wasn't despite the deliberately pessimistic BBC headlines...

I believe Lloyds of London is moving EU HQ to Belgium ?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2017-03-30/ll

Beware of the Risen People

Happy Article 50 day! (n/t) on 21:34 - Mar 30 with 1037 viewsexiledclaseboy

Happy Article 50 day! (n/t) on 20:40 - Mar 30 by rock1n

This is above my pay grade on legislative stuff, one thing I do understand is that it looks like more and more like power seems to be drifting to the PM. I just don't get the benefits of all of this instability. I must be missing something.

You're not. Using SIs to amend primary legislation is very, very unusual and how they use those powers will be the crux. If Parliament really wants to "take back control" it should scrutinise that part of the bill very closely and insist on strong safeguards against abuses of executive power.

Happy Article 50 day! (n/t) on 21:34 - Mar 30 with 1037 viewsLoyal

French and Germans starting to bang their gums.
Honestly fck em.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Happy Article 50 day! (n/t) on 21:37 - Mar 30 with 1030 viewsblueytheblue

Happy Article 50 day! (n/t) on 21:32 - Mar 30 by Kilkennyjack

I believe Lloyds of London is moving EU HQ to Belgium ?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2017-03-30/ll

Tens of jobs.

Tens.

I tell you, where will Brexit strike next?

It's a bleeding obvious move by a company. Some trade with EU, have a subsidiary hub in Brussels. Nothing different from Lloyds having a subsidiary in China.

Happy Article 50 day! (n/t) on 21:52 - Mar 30 with 1008 viewsKilkennyjack

Happy Article 50 day! (n/t) on 21:37 - Mar 30 by blueytheblue

Tens of jobs.

Tens.

I tell you, where will Brexit strike next?

It's a bleeding obvious move by a company. Some trade with EU, have a subsidiary hub in Brussels. Nothing different from Lloyds having a subsidiary in China.

The British people have spoken and declared 2+2 = 5.

Insular, ignorant, xenophobic, ill educated, gullible simpletons.

Robbed future generations of opportunities at a time of huge global uncertainties.

Well done feckwits.

Beware of the Risen People

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024