Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Major Trauma Centre 09:18 - Mar 30 with 22698 viewsjohnlangy

A debate has started to make the decision as to whether the Major Trauma Centre for South Wales should be based at Morriston or the Heath.

This will be well worth keeping an eye on because it's a decision that could affect the health of any of us or members of our families. The question about spread of investment by the WAG doesn't just mean new roads and jobs.
Major Trauma Centre on 14:44 - Mar 22 with 2902 viewsPrivate_Partz

Major Trauma Centre on 13:36 - Mar 22 by nicky

The deciding factor it seems was the location of the children's services - already in Cardiff. The very ones stolen from Morriston earlier this decade.

Honestly, if this weren't so serious you'd have to laugh at the way the rest of Wales is being ignored and left behind while WA and WG plough ahead with their vision of Cardiff as some great European or World class city.

We'll be left with a cottage hospital soon and will have to travel east just to take a piss if this lot are in power for any longer.

The decision has still not been made but it is all about preparing us in stages for the news that Cardiff will get the MTC.
All those with living west of Gower will not have the benefit of the Golden Hour should they be unfortunate enough to need the services of such a unit.
Cardiff and the SE will be covered by 2 adult and 2 children's units.
This decision will remove any doubt that Welsh Labour is prepared to put the populations lives at risk in its pursuit of the Cardiff City State.
It will he interesting to see what messrs Hedges and James, plus all the AMS and MPs in the SW, will have to say if they can drag themselves away from their Charity Coffee Mornings....
WOL and BBC Cardiff will be lauding this for weeks to come.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Major Trauma Centre on 17:59 - Mar 22 with 2826 viewspikeypaul

And the idiots will still vote for them.

Fecking clueless.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Major Trauma Centre on 18:59 - Mar 22 with 2797 viewsPrivate_Partz

Major Trauma Centre on 17:59 - Mar 22 by pikeypaul

And the idiots will still vote for them.

Fecking clueless.

Good God I actually agree with you.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Major Trauma Centre on 19:05 - Mar 22 with 2779 viewstrampie

Major Trauma Centre on 14:44 - Mar 22 by Private_Partz

The decision has still not been made but it is all about preparing us in stages for the news that Cardiff will get the MTC.
All those with living west of Gower will not have the benefit of the Golden Hour should they be unfortunate enough to need the services of such a unit.
Cardiff and the SE will be covered by 2 adult and 2 children's units.
This decision will remove any doubt that Welsh Labour is prepared to put the populations lives at risk in its pursuit of the Cardiff City State.
It will he interesting to see what messrs Hedges and James, plus all the AMS and MPs in the SW, will have to say if they can drag themselves away from their Charity Coffee Mornings....
WOL and BBC Cardiff will be lauding this for weeks to come.

Plaid cant believe what the Labour neocons stance is on a lack of training places for doctors in Wales.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Major Trauma Centre on 19:08 - Mar 22 with 2771 viewstrampie

Call for a medical school in North Wales.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Major Trauma Centre on 19:10 - Mar 22 with 2768 viewsexiledclaseboy

Looks to be an NHS decision not a ministerial one. Unless I’ve missed something.
[Post edited 22 Mar 2018 20:02]

Poll: Tory leader

Major Trauma Centre on 20:16 - Mar 22 with 2729 viewsPrivate_Partz

Major Trauma Centre on 19:10 - Mar 22 by exiledclaseboy

Looks to be an NHS decision not a ministerial one. Unless I’ve missed something.
[Post edited 22 Mar 2018 20:02]

I thought WAG had the final say based on 'expert' advice.
My isuue is who the experts really are. Last time I looked one of them was a geezer from Stoke.
The argument being put forward is the Children's Hospital sways it in favour of Cardiff. The one that sways it in favour of Swansea is the Burns and Plastics Unit. Both apparently are needed for an MTC. It doesn't take a genius to work out where the Burns and Plastics will be going next.
All the opinions agree that for an MTC to be successful the Golden Hour in travelling to it is vital.
You could be right. Maybe WAG does not have full influence on this.
It still raises the question where the Hell are our local politicians in fighting our corner??
Tramp has just highlighted a few ripples being cause by Plaid but it is not about the potential MTC siting. All I have heard so far is a comment from Dai Lloyd on BBC Cardiff and even that did not sound a recent one.
Apparently Swansea has the Third best medical school in the U.K. outside of Oxbridge. I can't see that lasting.

Major Trauma Centre on 20:20 - Mar 22 with 2721 viewsexiledclaseboy

Major Trauma Centre on 20:16 - Mar 22 by Private_Partz

I thought WAG had the final say based on 'expert' advice.
My isuue is who the experts really are. Last time I looked one of them was a geezer from Stoke.
The argument being put forward is the Children's Hospital sways it in favour of Cardiff. The one that sways it in favour of Swansea is the Burns and Plastics Unit. Both apparently are needed for an MTC. It doesn't take a genius to work out where the Burns and Plastics will be going next.
All the opinions agree that for an MTC to be successful the Golden Hour in travelling to it is vital.
You could be right. Maybe WAG does not have full influence on this.
It still raises the question where the Hell are our local politicians in fighting our corner??
Tramp has just highlighted a few ripples being cause by Plaid but it is not about the potential MTC siting. All I have heard so far is a comment from Dai Lloyd on BBC Cardiff and even that did not sound a recent one.
Apparently Swansea has the Third best medical school in the U.K. outside of Oxbridge. I can't see that lasting.

Well,firstly there’s no such thing as “WAG”.

The article further up the thread from earlier today says that the final decision will be made by the six health boards in the region.

Poll: Tory leader

Login to get fewer ads

Major Trauma Centre on 20:28 - Mar 22 with 2706 viewsPrivate_Partz

Major Trauma Centre on 20:20 - Mar 22 by exiledclaseboy

Well,firstly there’s no such thing as “WAG”.

The article further up the thread from earlier today says that the final decision will be made by the six health boards in the region.

WAG will do for me. My point still stands about our local politicians.

Major Trauma Centre on 07:31 - Mar 23 with 2631 viewsNeathJack

Major Trauma Centre on 07:57 - Mar 23 with 2617 viewsNeathJack

Swansea East MP in scathing condemnation if the decision...

If only. In fact just a barely interested shrug of the shoulders.

Major Trauma Centre on 08:06 - Mar 23 with 2613 viewsPrivate_Partz

Major Trauma Centre on 07:31 - Mar 23 by NeathJack

Thsnks for this.
I hope he is angry because of yet another Cardiff Centric decision and not because he is being asked if Swansea will get anything
It will be interesting to hear the coherent responsors from him, Julie James and other politicians on SW Wales.
[Post edited 23 Mar 2018 8:26]

Major Trauma Centre on 11:01 - Mar 23 with 2559 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Morriston was the only logical site. A far larger percentage of the population would have access to MTU within the Golden hour. East of Brynglass tunnels can easily each Bristol, Cardiff can reach either Bristol or Morriston. Pembroke, Haverfordwest can reach Swansea.

Now with it sited in the Heath I doubt anyone west of LLanelli can reach the Heath in an hour given the Traffic jams between the M4 and the Heath interchange.

Morriston is only a couple of minutes from the M4.

The WA are not interested in the people of Wales they just like to make it easier for the AM members to reach a MTU.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Major Trauma Centre on 11:17 - Mar 23 with 2556 viewsLeonWasGod

Major Trauma Centre on 11:01 - Mar 23 by felixstowe_jack

Morriston was the only logical site. A far larger percentage of the population would have access to MTU within the Golden hour. East of Brynglass tunnels can easily each Bristol, Cardiff can reach either Bristol or Morriston. Pembroke, Haverfordwest can reach Swansea.

Now with it sited in the Heath I doubt anyone west of LLanelli can reach the Heath in an hour given the Traffic jams between the M4 and the Heath interchange.

The WA are not interested in the people of Wales they just like to make it easier for the AM members to reach a MTU.

Nearer for you though FJ!

Not a good recommendation at all is it. Certainly not made with the public in mind.
Major Trauma Centre on 11:57 - Mar 23 with 2536 viewsunion_jack

As much as I hate the WG (is that ok Cudey😄?) And I'd abolish them today if I could, I don't think your last paragraph is in anyway accurate.

It is however to do with Cardiff must have everything and it would be ignominious for Cardiff residents to have to travel outside of their are to access an MTC. This is not tongue in cheek. The WG want Cardiff to gave one of everything if if it doesn't make any sense whatsoever. Having to travel from Cardiff to Swansea for pity's sake would send them into a frenzy.

WG are creating a city state and the rest of us can go to hell. It's not even disguised that much anymore.

And as to the independent expert advice. Judgement can only be made with the facts presented. So let's say a report for recommendation was commissioned by a Swansea biased government as thing are as they are today. If that's what they want to be recommended that is what will happen. Independent my fat shiny one! It's beyond a joke now and we're being laughed at.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Major Trauma Centre on 17:19 - Mar 23 with 2490 viewsowainglyndwr

Major Trauma Centre on 11:57 - Mar 23 by union_jack

As much as I hate the WG (is that ok Cudey😄?) And I'd abolish them today if I could, I don't think your last paragraph is in anyway accurate.

It is however to do with Cardiff must have everything and it would be ignominious for Cardiff residents to have to travel outside of their are to access an MTC. This is not tongue in cheek. The WG want Cardiff to gave one of everything if if it doesn't make any sense whatsoever. Having to travel from Cardiff to Swansea for pity's sake would send them into a frenzy.

WG are creating a city state and the rest of us can go to hell. It's not even disguised that much anymore.

And as to the independent expert advice. Judgement can only be made with the facts presented. So let's say a report for recommendation was commissioned by a Swansea biased government as thing are as they are today. If that's what they want to be recommended that is what will happen. Independent my fat shiny one! It's beyond a joke now and we're being laughed at.

I really think we need some kind of protest or petition or a vote of no confidence against the assembly.
West Wales and I suppose even the rest outside the Cardiff bubble are now seeing how unless the assembly is.
Major Trauma Centre on 17:25 - Mar 23 with 2486 viewsPrivate_Partz

Well those in WAG and Westminster, who are supposed to be fighting our corner, are very quiet today.
The only peep has come out of Mike Hedges who has been on a successful Charity funding event in Morriston RFC.
Even though his anger may have died down it seems he still is not ready to issue a coherent response.
As an aside I was in Carmarthen today. An elderly lady lost control of her wheelchair on the sloping pedestrian area in the town centre.
The poor woman was lying there wide eyed and frightened for nearly two hours with no sign of an ambulance or a first responder. The heros and heroines who helped her did their best staying with her the whole time.
Talking to someone in a local cafe said a similar thing happened recently when a woman fell and smashed her face into the pavement and broke her collar bone. After an hour there was no sign of an ambulance so her husband risked moving her and took her to A and E in his car.
Seems that the good people of Carmarthen will not have access to a MTC within the Golden Hour and, even if they did, there would be no one to transport them there.
Wales outside of the SE is effed.....
[Post edited 23 Mar 2018 17:26]

Major Trauma Centre on 18:48 - Mar 23 with 2450 viewsWingstandwood

Major Trauma Centre on 17:25 - Mar 23 by Private_Partz

Well those in WAG and Westminster, who are supposed to be fighting our corner, are very quiet today.
The only peep has come out of Mike Hedges who has been on a successful Charity funding event in Morriston RFC.
Even though his anger may have died down it seems he still is not ready to issue a coherent response.
As an aside I was in Carmarthen today. An elderly lady lost control of her wheelchair on the sloping pedestrian area in the town centre.
The poor woman was lying there wide eyed and frightened for nearly two hours with no sign of an ambulance or a first responder. The heros and heroines who helped her did their best staying with her the whole time.
Talking to someone in a local cafe said a similar thing happened recently when a woman fell and smashed her face into the pavement and broke her collar bone. After an hour there was no sign of an ambulance so her husband risked moving her and took her to A and E in his car.
Seems that the good people of Carmarthen will not have access to a MTC within the Golden Hour and, even if they did, there would be no one to transport them there.
Wales outside of the SE is effed.....
[Post edited 23 Mar 2018 17:26]

I never voted for devolution/Welsh Assembly! I had inkling it would be an obscenity incorporating appalling regional partition/bias along with appalling ineptitude and a scandalous wastage of money that would-should have have been better spent elsewhere.

Money wasted on actually paying for it, money wasted paying for its third rate, 'shower-of-sh#t' politicians and money wasted paying for other running costs....Add to that money wasted by its third rate 'shower-of-sh#t' buffoon politician buffoons courtesy of their insane decision making lunacy! And add again money wasted on 'jobs-for-the-boys' quango shoe-in patronage!

Just look at that 'white-elephant' Cardiff vanity project of that Wales Millenium Centre with WAG's £37 million for building it.....further £13.5 million to bail it out..... along with the yearly £3.7 million subsidy that was announced a decade back. And further add to that a backward low-wage economy and (could add much, much more) a transport system with infrastructure that according to ITV Wales current affairs belongs to the 1960's etc, etc, etc.

The ambulance situation is indeed the latest addition to a never ending list of disgusting instalments from the Welsh Assembly Government disgrace that has blighted (outside of Cardiff/Cardiff corridor) Wales!..... I truly despair!

Argus!

Major Trauma Centre on 18:57 - Mar 23 with 2442 viewsCountyJim

You are forgetting that SE Wales Newport kardiff areas has the largest population

You mentioned West of LLanelli has anyone got figures on how many serious traumas these areas get and wouldn't the Air ambulance get these people to the Trauma center in the golden hour
Major Trauma Centre on 19:04 - Mar 23 with 2428 viewsBanosswan

Major Trauma Centre on 18:57 - Mar 23 by CountyJim

You are forgetting that SE Wales Newport kardiff areas has the largest population

You mentioned West of LLanelli has anyone got figures on how many serious traumas these areas get and wouldn't the Air ambulance get these people to the Trauma center in the golden hour

They would be covered by two centres, West Wales won't be covered by any.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Major Trauma Centre on 19:40 - Mar 23 with 2403 viewsPrivate_Partz

Air Anbulance? Are you sure a charitable organisation would be able to service all injuries requiring MTC treatment?
Most of SW Wales have farm track roads. The very roads that cause accidents requiring such services.
Don't forget that, even if the MTC was sited in Swansea it would still cover large swathes of the SE that are already covered by Bristol.
Population has nothing to do with this case. The driver is how many people in S Wales can be covered by a MTC service, within the Golden Hour.
If as likely this decision will go ahead then Cardiff and the SE will be covered by two Adult and two Child MTCs whereas all those West of Swansea, including Gower, will have the square root of eff all. The Swansea scenario would have provided cover right up to the Pembrokeshire coast and include the North Devon Coast. Admittedly the Air rescue services would be involved there but it would be an option nonetheless.

Major Trauma Centre on 21:08 - Mar 23 with 2356 viewsBanosswan

Better hope you don't fall off your surf board in llangennith, the whole of the Gower isn't even covered in the Cardiff magic hour.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Major Trauma Centre on 22:13 - Mar 23 with 2324 viewsunion_jack

Major Trauma Centre on 21:08 - Mar 23 by Banosswan

Better hope you don't fall off your surf board in llangennith, the whole of the Gower isn't even covered in the Cardiff magic hour.

You are of course spectacularly missing the point and you'll kick yourself and burst into laughter when I tell you.

The WG don't want it in Swansea.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Major Trauma Centre on 22:39 - Mar 23 with 2306 viewsjack_lord

I forgot, they don't matter.

If you would have asked a primary school child where to put the MTU, it doesn't take much thinking where they would have put it.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Major Trauma Centre on 08:39 - Mar 24 with 2264 viewsBrynmill_Jack

This could be bad news for you Jim. You might die in the back of an ambulance while the paramedics argue which trauma center is the nearest and easiest to get to. Bristol or Cardiff????

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024