Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Major Trauma Centre 09:18 - Mar 30 with 22758 viewsjohnlangy

A debate has started to make the decision as to whether the Major Trauma Centre for South Wales should be based at Morriston or the Heath.

This will be well worth keeping an eye on because it's a decision that could affect the health of any of us or members of our families. The question about spread of investment by the WAG doesn't just mean new roads and jobs.
Major Trauma Centre on 10:52 - Apr 23 with 1836 viewsPrivate_Partz

Major Trauma Centre on 09:55 - Apr 23 by trampie

My issue with you partz is you seem biased, all Swansea Swansea, Swansea.
Swansea get their share compared to the rest of Wales, how can anyone vote for Harris over Morgan ?
I heard that Harris supported Owen Smith and Morgan supported Corbyn, Harris was largely supported by the parliamentary Labour party who are in the main Red Tories, Morgan was supported by the rank and file ordinary members.
I don't follow Labour as I'm a Plaid supporter and treat my politics like following a sports team but I have only heard negative things about Harris and positive things about Morgan.

You seem to me to have voted for more of the same.

I wish you would stop trying to pin badges on me that I don't wear.
I have said countless times I am for the Rest Of Wales. Not just Swansea. I responded to Byron as he was running my city down.
This thread is about an MTC which affects WEST Wales in the main.
As regards voting for CH well I only had a choice of two.
Stop letting your love of Leanne cloud your judgment.
Your problem is you can't see the real Wood for the trees ;-)

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Major Trauma Centre on 14:22 - Apr 23 with 1787 viewstrampie

Major Trauma Centre on 10:52 - Apr 23 by Private_Partz

I have said countless times I am for the Rest Of Wales. Not just Swansea. I responded to Byron as he was running my city down.

You don't get mixed messages with me, you do with you, you are wasting your time with Labour, vote for the home team.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Major Trauma Centre on 19:01 - Apr 23 with 1757 viewsPrivate_Partz

Major Trauma Centre on 14:22 - Apr 23 by trampie

You don't get mixed messages with me, you do with you, you are wasting your time with Labour, vote for the home team.

My messages are entirely consistent, albeit more complex than yours. I can't accuse you of inconsistency but blind faith is not a good thing.
You can have the last word as usual. I don't want to derail this thread again.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Major Trauma Centre on 19:40 - Apr 23 with 1742 viewstrampie

Major Trauma Centre on 19:01 - Apr 23 by Private_Partz

My messages are entirely consistent, albeit more complex than yours. I can't accuse you of inconsistency but blind faith is not a good thing.

You support Corbyn but vote for somebody for a leadership position that supports Owen Smith that is not consistent.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Major Trauma Centre on 19:52 - Apr 23 with 1734 viewsCopperJack

Major Trauma Centre on 19:01 - Apr 23 by Private_Partz

All sounds very positive, PP. Don't waste your time on Trampie.

Look forward to hearing how things went with Mike. I'm more concerned that the new FM looks like he'll be a Cardiff AM...which should make things even worse.

Poll: The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why?

Major Trauma Centre on 19:58 - Apr 23 with 1724 viewstrampie

Hedges isn't he the Swansea guy that supports Cardiff county cricket club ? , isn't he against Wales having an international cricket team ?

Same old Labour, English poodles.

Major Trauma Centre on 18:47 - Apr 25 with 1640 viewsjohnlangy

I sent a mail to Rebecca Evans, AM for Gower a couple of weeks ago about the MTC and this is the response from one of her support workers.

As you had been in touch regarding t'he issue above, Rebecca thought you might be interested in the attached statement from the Welsh Government.

I read the paper and this is my answer.

Thank you for the response Nick. Please pass this response on to Rebecca. I’ve read the statement. It is, essentially, stuff i’d already seen before.

There’s no point in telling me what I already know. My original mail to Rebecca asked what she and all the other West Wales AM’s were going to actually do about it. West Wales was betrayed some years ago when neurosurgery was centralised in Cardiff and it’s being betrayed again now and the people who are supposed to be representing us in the Sennedd, Rebecca included, are sitting back and doing nothing. And if some of you are trying to do something you’re achieving nothing. So what is the point of you being there.

And now we’ve been betrayed yet again by the Welsh Labour group signing away devolved powers back to Westminster, powers that have taken an age to acquire. What you are doing is collaborating with Westminster against the people of Wales. And please don’t test my patience and come back with ‘they’ll have to consult the Assembly if they want to make changes in the areas in question’ because David Liddington has already shown total contempt for the Assembly and the people of Wales by saying they’ll push those changes through regardless of what the Assembly says.

My question stands. What are you actually going to do about it ? As I suggested before, you should all show some backbone and resign from the Labour Group.

John Young
Major Trauma Centre on 19:40 - Apr 25 with 1626 viewsPrivate_Partz

Major Trauma Centre on 18:47 - Apr 25 by johnlangy

I sent a mail to Rebecca Evans, AM for Gower a couple of weeks ago about the MTC and this is the response from one of her support workers.

As you had been in touch regarding t'he issue above, Rebecca thought you might be interested in the attached statement from the Welsh Government.

I read the paper and this is my answer.

Thank you for the response Nick. Please pass this response on to Rebecca. I’ve read the statement. It is, essentially, stuff i’d already seen before.

There’s no point in telling me what I already know. My original mail to Rebecca asked what she and all the other West Wales AM’s were going to actually do about it. West Wales was betrayed some years ago when neurosurgery was centralised in Cardiff and it’s being betrayed again now and the people who are supposed to be representing us in the Sennedd, Rebecca included, are sitting back and doing nothing. And if some of you are trying to do something you’re achieving nothing. So what is the point of you being there.

And now we’ve been betrayed yet again by the Welsh Labour group signing away devolved powers back to Westminster, powers that have taken an age to acquire. What you are doing is collaborating with Westminster against the people of Wales. And please don’t test my patience and come back with ‘they’ll have to consult the Assembly if they want to make changes in the areas in question’ because David Liddington has already shown total contempt for the Assembly and the people of Wales by saying they’ll push those changes through regardless of what the Assembly says.

My question stands. What are you actually going to do about it ? As I suggested before, you should all show some backbone and resign from the Labour Group.

John Young

So it seems we now have a set of 'case workers' vetting any emails to bog standard AMs. This is another communication barrier being set up.
In fairness to Mike Hedges he does at the very least respond either on emails or twitter.
Did you have to fill in the new Data Protection form to get any response?
I have been a bit slow the last couple of weeks on this but I will try and jump through these hoops and report back with any response.
Looking on Twitter, and monthly reports of some of our AMs, it seems they still spend their time on Third Sector bun fights rather than issues that affect their constituents. Surely the bun fights should be left to local councillors whilst they pursue the areas affecting their constitutents.

Login to get fewer ads

Major Trauma Centre on 21:02 - Apr 25 with 1596 viewsbyron

Major Trauma Centre on 10:52 - Apr 23 by Private_Partz

Where in this thread was I running Swansea down ffs? The only thing I said was praise for the staff at Morriston where I took my boy with a burn a few years ago. I live by the Heath, it’s chaos a lot, too much there already. I dont think there is a free car space for a good mile from the place.

Benny

Major Trauma Centre on 22:41 - Apr 25 with 1571 viewsPrivate_Partz

Major Trauma Centre on 21:02 - Apr 25 by byron

Where in this thread was I running Swansea down ffs? The only thing I said was praise for the staff at Morriston where I took my boy with a burn a few years ago. I live by the Heath, it’s chaos a lot, too much there already. I dont think there is a free car space for a good mile from the place.

1950s dump ring any bells? Anyways it was all a bit of a tongue in cheek laugh for me.
Sorry to bring you into this. It does not concern you as you will have two Adult and two Chidren's MTCs ensuring you are within the Golden Hour.
I was only trying to put Trampie right on my defence of Swansea and that the rest of Wales is a major concern for me as well.
It's all in vain. His blind love for Leanne overshadows any arguments coming his way. ;-)

Major Trauma Centre on 19:45 - Apr 30 with 1486 viewsPrivate_Partz

Major Trauma Centre on 16:38 - Apr 9 by Private_Partz

...and now Julie James...

This is a strange one. I have been asked by her Community Liaison and Casework Officer to complete a further form with my personal details. This so Julie can fight my case for me. If she decides I have one I assume!

Here is the email and my response

Dear

Your email to Julie James AM has been passed to me as the Caseworker to progress. Please see attached form which requires signature and return. Once the signed form has been received, I shall contact you again with a response.

If you require the form sent through the post, please advise me of your address and I shall post it to you along with a stamped addressed envelope for your use.

Regards

Hello

Could you please advise me why I have to jump through an extra hoop in relation to this?

I am not asking Julie to fight a case for me although I appreciate that this subject affects all her constituents.

After witnessing her support for a Moriston based MTC in a video I am just concerned to know what her views are on the outcome. Also whether she will be campaigning further to stop this shocking decision taking place.
Regards,

I will post any replies......

Apologies for going a bit quiet on this one. I found the need to fill in Data Protection forms, and going via a Caseworker, just to get a politicians opinion a tad depressing.
In fact I have not filled out any forms yet.
it seems however that Julie James's offices have had second thoughts and I have received a reply from her Caseworker as follows.

Please find attached response from the Cabinet Secretary for Health, Vaughan Gething AM.

Regards

The response was a letter in PDF form from Vaughan Gethin and we have a problem here Houston as I cant copy and paste.it.
Basically imho it acknowledges that Julie has received concerns from her constituents.
VG says as a result of the public consultation and the Health Board's recommendations he will be issuing a written statement to Assembly Members shortly.
He hopes this will address the points raised by her constituents and suggests that Julie might like to share the response with us.

This was my response to the caseworker.
Hello,

Thank you for getting back to me. I was going to fill out the Data Protection form you sent me but it is good news that my concerns have been passed on regardless.
I look forward to seeing the details of Vaughan Gethin’s report and what Julie’s views are on this.

Regards,
Not much there eh? I will however keep you posted if anything comes through. Also I need to get my form filled in for the a response from Rebecca Evans although I suspect it will be the same as above.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024