Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gomis to return? 11:24 - Mar 31 with 2647 viewsepaul

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-outcast-b

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Gomis to return? on 11:28 - Mar 31 with 2332 viewsjack247

I'm pretty sure he won't. Looks like a bit of posturing to get the best deal. If he doesn't go to Marseille I'm sure he will find a home in one of the emerging leagues, as the article implies
Gomis to return? on 11:52 - Mar 31 with 2266 viewsSwan91

I wouldn't see this as a bad thing. if he sorted the offside issue... he would have been an amazin player for us. not a bad goalscoring record and he did look dangerous at times.
Gomis to return? on 12:01 - Mar 31 with 2240 viewspencoedjack

Gomis to return? on 11:52 - Mar 31 by Swan91

I wouldn't see this as a bad thing. if he sorted the offside issue... he would have been an amazin player for us. not a bad goalscoring record and he did look dangerous at times.

Not for me lazy twa t always offside

As previous poster said gather a bit of interest and get the best price possible
Gomis to return? on 12:02 - Mar 31 with 2239 viewsScotia

A better option than our record signing.
Gomis to return? on 12:04 - Mar 31 with 2229 viewsWarwickHunt

Even his panther impression wasn't dangerous.
Gomis to return? on 12:05 - Mar 31 with 2219 viewsFireboy

Gomis to return? on 12:01 - Mar 31 by pencoedjack

Not for me lazy twa t always offside

As previous poster said gather a bit of interest and get the best price possible

Exactly

He was offside so much BECAUSE he was so lazy

As has been mentioned,it's posturing so we can get rid for more money
Gomis to return? on 12:27 - Mar 31 with 2150 viewsnantywatcher

Fingers crossed - I would love to see him back playing under PC's direction.
Gomis to return? on 12:34 - Mar 31 with 2124 viewsLoyal

Gomis to return? on 12:02 - Mar 31 by Scotia

Certainly is.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Login to get fewer ads

Gomis to return? on 12:37 - Mar 31 with 2111 viewsjack247

Gomis to return? on 12:02 - Mar 31 by Scotia

Can't argue with that. I'd be disappointed if we didn't move both on and bring in a better striker with lower wages to compete with/cover Llorente.

Both have done very well elsewhere, but failed here.
Gomis to return? on 12:43 - Mar 31 with 2092 viewsClinton

Surely a decent coach could stop him running offside so often.
Im not sure what PC would make of being such a lazy b'stard, mind.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Gomis to return? on 10:02 - Apr 1 with 1599 views34dfgdf54

Better option than Borja unfortunately. I could see this happening.
Gomis to return? on 10:13 - Apr 1 with 1580 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Gomis to return? on 12:37 - Mar 31 by jack247

Can't argue with that. I'd be disappointed if we didn't move both on and bring in a better striker with lower wages to compete with/cover Llorente.

Both have done very well elsewhere, but failed here.

Not many strikers succeed here though. The system is quite unforgiving unless you're a particular back to goal type forward. We've either been buying the wrong ones because whomever was in charge of recruitment ignored the managers' wishes or didn't want to spend a large chunk of money on the right player.
And it also doesn't help if the midfield players and wingers are not creative/good enough to give enough chances to that forward. Diego Costa would struggle with us FFS.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Gomis to return? on 10:16 - Apr 1 with 1575 viewsDafyddHuw

Most posters on this thread are talking as if our staying up is a given.

Spoilt cùnts.
Gomis to return? on 10:24 - Apr 1 with 1559 viewsjack247

Gomis to return? on 10:13 - Apr 1 by Brynmill_Jack

Not many strikers succeed here though. The system is quite unforgiving unless you're a particular back to goal type forward. We've either been buying the wrong ones because whomever was in charge of recruitment ignored the managers' wishes or didn't want to spend a large chunk of money on the right player.
And it also doesn't help if the midfield players and wingers are not creative/good enough to give enough chances to that forward. Diego Costa would struggle with us FFS.

Well yes, we have certainly been buying strikers that don't suit us. Gomis doesn't suit us, Baston doesn't seem to suit us.

Diego Costa would be fine here, as Michu (who wasn't a back to goal striker), Bony and to an extent Danny Graham and Llorente have been.
Gomis to return? on 10:40 - Apr 1 with 1537 viewsLoyal

Gomis to return? on 10:16 - Apr 1 by DafyddHuw

Most posters on this thread are talking as if our staying up is a given.

Spoilt cùnts.

Who ?

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

Gomis to return? on 11:19 - Apr 1 with 1490 viewsA_Fans_Dad

He has to recover fully from his injury first before anyone can make any decisions about him.
Gomis to return? on 12:02 - Apr 1 with 1445 viewsmarchamjack

No thanks. Judging him as better than Baston is using the lowest of bars. Gomis will still be useless, lazy and living offside. Pinning any hopes on him to become a decent goalscorer for us is just ignoring how sht he was before.

Both need shipping out for better if we stay up this season.

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Gomis to return? on 12:03 - Apr 1 with 1444 viewsjack247

Gomis to return? on 10:40 - Apr 1 by Loyal

Who ?

I'm not sure anybody has to be fair. He may be jumping to conclusions? If we do get relegated, it's even more important to get Gomis off our wage bill.
Gomis to return? on 13:21 - Apr 1 with 1355 viewsMyFinalHeaven

If you seriously think being offsides was the only probably Gomis had then you couldn't possibly be more wrong.

Players like him just aren't cut out for the Premier League. He's old, slow, and is lazy as can be with a work rate that is as bad as can be. He's absolutely good for nothing. I'd rather have a brick up front than him quite honestly.

Come on you Swans.

Gomis to return? on 13:23 - Apr 1 with 1344 viewsLoyal

Gomis to return? on 12:03 - Apr 1 by jack247

I'm not sure anybody has to be fair. He may be jumping to conclusions? If we do get relegated, it's even more important to get Gomis off our wage bill.

I'm sure he won't come back but compared to Baston ......

Gomis to return? on 13:48 - Apr 1 with 1327 viewsFlashberryjack

Gomis to return? on 13:21 - Apr 1 by MyFinalHeaven

If you seriously think being offsides was the only probably Gomis had then you couldn't possibly be more wrong.

Players like him just aren't cut out for the Premier League. He's old, slow, and is lazy as can be with a work rate that is as bad as can be. He's absolutely good for nothing. I'd rather have a brick up front than him quite honestly.

A brick up front is exactly what we've got when Baston plays.

For all Gomis' faults, and he has many, I'd still choose him over Baston any day of the week.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Gomis to return? on 14:32 - Apr 1 with 1279 viewsjack247

Gomis to return? on 13:23 - Apr 1 by Loyal

I'm sure he won't come back but compared to Baston ......

Agree with you there. If I had to pick between the two I'd go for a Gomis, unless we completely change our style of play to accommodate a striker who can't compete physically.

I'm guessing both are among our higher earners. I'd really like to see us bring in better than both. Shouldn't be too challenging.
Gomis to return? on 15:07 - Apr 1 with 1236 viewsperchrockjack

If strikers score goals and our system doesn't work for them ,then an obvious question arises

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Gomis to return? on 15:53 - Apr 1 with 1199 viewsGlyn1

'Alan Curtis in his Loan Player Manager role.' Eh? What's that all about?

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Gomis to return? on 16:47 - Apr 1 with 1147 viewsjack247

Gomis to return? on 15:07 - Apr 1 by perchrockjack

If strikers score goals and our system doesn't work for them ,then an obvious question arises

They don't score goals
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024