Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gibraltar to be Spanish ? 20:24 - Mar 31 with 28616 viewsKilkennyjack

According to the Guardian ....

Brexit - the fun has already started.....

Beware of the Risen People

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 22:32 - Mar 31 with 1591 viewsexiledclaseboy

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 21:35 - Mar 31 by blueytheblue

Simply rush through devolution in Gibraltar, accept into union.

What's the modern equivalent of "Up yours, Delors"?

So you want to rush through devolution (even though Gibraltar is already self-governing) AND accept Gibraltar into the Union?

How's that work then?

Poll: Tory leader

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 22:35 - Mar 31 with 1586 viewssherpajacob

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 22:19 - Mar 31 by blueytheblue

Is this the mighty EU army by any chance? Not really that convinced we've much to fear on that score.

All be over by Christmas? Like all.our other continental wars.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 22:36 - Mar 31 with 1584 viewsmorningstar

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 22:27 - Mar 31 by sherpajacob

who are we.due to go to war.with?

I thought that was project fear.

We are not due to go to war with anyone sherp. I was simply quoting Phils post that we would go to war before we gave up Gibraltar, which in fact yeah, i think we would if it went that far just like we went too war over The Falklands, but all a bit silly surely. Project fear? On this one, look no further than the thread title!
[Post edited 31 Mar 2017 22:43]

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 22:37 - Mar 31 with 1576 viewssherpajacob

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 22:32 - Mar 31 by exiledclaseboy

So you want to rush through devolution (even though Gibraltar is already self-governing) AND accept Gibraltar into the Union?

How's that work then?

Contradictory policy on the hoof.

Most unlike a Tory.

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 22:37 - Mar 31 with 1576 viewsblueytheblue

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 22:32 - Mar 31 by exiledclaseboy

How's that work then?

Knew I'd hook you on that one. You've a keener intellect than some others...

EU are shooting themselves in the foot with this.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 22:39 - Mar 31 with 1573 viewsKerouac

Utterly ridiculous.
If the EU push this they will get their "hard Brexit"...the same fecking idiots who would rather side with Spain than their own country over Gibraltar will continue to make out that such an outcome will be all Theresa May's fault...when the citizens of the EU realise that their livelihoods are being sacrificed on the altar of a corrupt elite's political project, that is when the real FUN will start.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 22:45 - Mar 31 with 1559 viewsblueytheblue

Too late at night for me to be arsed to do so, but it might be an interesting exercise to look at previous EU articles and treaties pertaining to Gibraltar. Wouldn't surprise me if EU acted contrary to previous articles / treaties - which could be an interesting legal issue.

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 23:01 - Mar 31 with 1539 viewssherpajacob

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 22:36 - Mar 31 by morningstar

We are not due to go to war with anyone sherp. I was simply quoting Phils post that we would go to war before we gave up Gibraltar, which in fact yeah, i think we would if it went that far just like we went too war over The Falklands, but all a bit silly surely. Project fear? On this one, look no further than the thread title!
[Post edited 31 Mar 2017 22:43]

That's my point, if we are not going to war anytime soon, why is Gibraltar important strategically or militarily?

I understand it was important in 1805 and in 1942, but now?

If the Spanish simply close the land border, then it becomes economically insignificant as well.

Login to get fewer ads

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 23:09 - Mar 31 with 1524 viewsmorningstar

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 23:01 - Mar 31 by sherpajacob

That's my point, if we are not going to war anytime soon, why is Gibraltar important strategically or militarily?

I understand it was important in 1805 and in 1942, but now?

If the Spanish simply close the land border, then it becomes economically insignificant as well.

It's down to international waters. There is only 7.7 miles between Gibraltar and Morocco. Small enough for both Spain and Morocco to claim them as their own, effectively cutting off access to the Med for both UK and US navy's.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 23:26 - Mar 31 with 1485 viewsKerouac

hypocrisy is always good fun; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ceuta

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 23:28 - Mar 31 with 1482 viewsHighjack

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 21:06 - Mar 31 by sherpajacob

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/jun/16/the-rock-of-remain-why-gibralta

The good people of Gibraltar knew this would be a problem, that's why the voted over 90% to remain.

The feckwits at vote leave dismissed it as project fear. They are the ones that have sold Gibraltar down the river.

The good people of Gibraltar voted 99% to 1% to conclusively reject Spanish sovereignty although it was probably the old thick poor racists who didn't know what they were voting for.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 23:50 - Mar 31 with 1460 viewsLord_Bony

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 22:45 - Mar 31 by blueytheblue

Too late at night for me to be arsed to do so, but it might be an interesting exercise to look at previous EU articles and treaties pertaining to Gibraltar. Wouldn't surprise me if EU acted contrary to previous articles / treaties - which could be an interesting legal issue.

The EU at Brussels is out to make an example of us leaving...how dare we have a mind of our own and decide to go our own way...

Gibraltar<Northern Ireland and even Cyprus (next up our bases there) will be used as bargaining pawns to make sure they squeeze every last drop of cash out of us and put off any other countries from following suit. Hard bargaining indeed. They want £60 billion off us before we even start trade negotiations.

The bastards.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 00:03 - Apr 1 with 1446 viewslonglostjack

Tit for Tat Rosenkrieg vorbei. May would have done better to take a conciliatory approach instead of using people and security as bargaining chips. Arrogance. Not good.
[Post edited 1 Apr 2017 0:06]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 00:11 - Apr 1 with 1443 viewsBarrySwan

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 22:03 - Mar 31 by Kilkennyjack

No we wont. And as Spain will have full EU backing then its our sorry backside that might getting the kicking.

I feel sorry for the people of Gib who voted 90 per cent to remain.
Completely sold out by the old English types who voted leave. Feckwits.

I had always been disgusted at the way that successive UK governments had let Spain treat Gibraltar.

However as the good old citizens of Gibralter voted massively in favour of the Lib Dems in the last Euro elections and massively in favour of staying in the EU.

They can cop for what they voted for in my opinion, more integration into Spain.

I'm sure that The Spanish will be more than touch cheesed off as we ban their trawlers from our newly reclaimed fishing grounds and hand them back to the British fishing fleet ( not that I trust May or the tories an inch in protecting the UK's rights)
[Post edited 1 Apr 2017 0:12]
Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 00:12 - Apr 1 with 1439 viewsLord_Bony

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 00:03 - Apr 1 by longlostjack

Tit for Tat Rosenkrieg vorbei. May would have done better to take a conciliatory approach instead of using people and security as bargaining chips. Arrogance. Not good.
[Post edited 1 Apr 2017 0:06]

Yeah ...give us a good trade deal or we ll let the fokkers blow you up...class.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"

N/A. on 00:45 - Apr 1 with 1417 viewsHuw57

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 22:03 - Mar 31 by Kilkennyjack

No we wont. And as Spain will have full EU backing then its our sorry backside that might getting the kicking.

I feel sorry for the people of Gib who voted 90 per cent to remain.
Completely sold out by the old English types who voted leave. Feckwits.

N/A.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2018 3:07]

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 01:23 - Apr 1 with 1406 viewsLord_Bony

Very sad. The Gibraltarians and the rest of Brits in general
cannot expect anything good from Spain in this issue. Spain has an absurd and unhealthy obsession with Gibraltar and will use this to make life difficult for the gibraltarians at the first opportunity.
The contempt of Spain to the democratic will of Gibraltarians to remain British is incredible. Well, is incredible for anyone who does not know the little respect of Spain towards the democratic will of the people ...

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 04:02 - Apr 1 with 1369 viewsLoyal

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 21:57 - Mar 31 by BigPhilG

Gib will never be given up. We'd go to war with them before that happens and a war against Spain would last all of 5 minutes

We could easily muster up a firm and do them on the streets of Córdoba.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 09:13 - Apr 1 with 1323 viewssherpajacob

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 01:23 - Apr 1 by Lord_Bony

Very sad. The Gibraltarians and the rest of Brits in general
cannot expect anything good from Spain in this issue. Spain has an absurd and unhealthy obsession with Gibraltar and will use this to make life difficult for the gibraltarians at the first opportunity.
The contempt of Spain to the democratic will of Gibraltarians to remain British is incredible. Well, is incredible for anyone who does not know the little respect of Spain towards the democratic will of the people ...

I certainly wouldn't call Spain's views on Gibraltar absurd. Simple geography shows that it is part of the Iberian peninsula.

If the situation was reversed and a foreign power controlled a key part of Britain, such as dover or Pembroke dock, I'm certain we would look at any opportunity to get it back.

Self determination, as always, should be the deciding factor, it's just outside the EU Spain has the chance to make life very difficult for Gibraltar.

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 09:27 - Apr 1 with 1309 viewsKerouac

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 09:13 - Apr 1 by sherpajacob

I certainly wouldn't call Spain's views on Gibraltar absurd. Simple geography shows that it is part of the Iberian peninsula.

If the situation was reversed and a foreign power controlled a key part of Britain, such as dover or Pembroke dock, I'm certain we would look at any opportunity to get it back.

Self determination, as always, should be the deciding factor, it's just outside the EU Spain has the chance to make life very difficult for Gibraltar.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ceuta

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/728185/Gibraltar-choose-Britain-over-EU-for-

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 10:21 - Apr 1 with 1279 viewsDafyddHuw

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 21:57 - Mar 31 by BigPhilG

Gib will never be given up. We'd go to war with them before that happens and a war against Spain would last all of 5 minutes

Nah, we'd put up more of a fight than that.
I'd say 10 minutes.
Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 10:27 - Apr 1 with 1271 viewsblueytheblue

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 10:21 - Apr 1 by DafyddHuw

Nah, we'd put up more of a fight than that.
I'd say 10 minutes.

Yeah that feared and famed Spanish army. Or maybe the vaunted EU army.

Maybe not.

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 11:24 - Apr 1 with 1244 viewsKerouac

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/786548/Gibraltar-Brexit-British-territory-Spain

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 13:59 - Apr 1 with 1183 viewsunion_jack

Anyone on here thinking that Gibraltar is of no strategic importance to the UK is, at best, short-termist.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 14:22 - Apr 1 with 1171 viewsHighjack

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 13:59 - Apr 1 by union_jack

Anyone on here thinking that Gibraltar is of no strategic importance to the UK is, at best, short-termist.

F uck strategic importance, the only thing that matters or should matter is that the people of Gibraltar almost universally want to stay British and don't want to be handed over to Spain.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024