Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gibraltar to be Spanish ? 20:24 - Mar 31 with 28603 viewsKilkennyjack

According to the Guardian ....

Brexit - the fun has already started.....

Beware of the Risen People

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 19:33 - Apr 3 with 1955 viewstrampie

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 19:27 - Apr 3 by Highjack

But any court in the world would find in favour of Argentina tramp, what have they got to lose?

Lizards

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 19:45 - Apr 3 with 1948 viewsGroo

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 16:00 - Apr 3 by trampie

Notice Brit Nats trying to use the treaty of Utrecht to justify Gibraltar but they seem to dismiss it for the Falklands.

Brit Nats world is crumbling, geographically and economically their world is crashing down all around them......oh dear.

Rightly dismissed as it has NOTHING to do with the Falklands.

Groo does what Groo does best

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 19:49 - Apr 3 with 1948 viewsGroo

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 17:31 - Apr 3 by Kilkennyjack

Any court in the world would consider tbe Falklands Argentinian and Gibraltar Spanish. Its only Britain that takes a different view.

Geography really i guess....?

Historical power now gone.

Erm.... No they wouldn't.

can you give me your reasons?

They have a court if either wishes to use it, its called the ICJ.

Ever wondered why neither has ever been, although one of them has been offered by Britain on numerous occasions, yet they refuse.

Simple reason, THEY WOULD LOSE.

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 19:51 - Apr 3 with 1944 viewsGroo

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 17:59 - Apr 3 by trampie

What take on an imperialist power in the law courts who is a permanent member of the UN security council and a founding member of NATO and the G8.........are you out of your mind ?

You mean like Britain losing to the Chagos Islanders a few years back.

A court, especially the ICJ, is impartial, otherwise no point it being there.

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 20:43 - Apr 3 with 1901 viewstrampie

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 19:51 - Apr 3 by Groo

You mean like Britain losing to the Chagos Islanders a few years back.

A court, especially the ICJ, is impartial, otherwise no point it being there.

Are the Islanders back home ?, are they heck.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/9758451/Chagos-Is

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/nov/16/chagos-islanders-cannot-return-hom

Never ever trust imperial powers or the institutions they back.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 21:23 - Apr 3 with 1867 viewsadamswan

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 20:43 - Apr 3 by trampie

Are the Islanders back home ?, are they heck.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/9758451/Chagos-Is

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/nov/16/chagos-islanders-cannot-return-hom

Never ever trust imperial powers or the institutions they back.

Should we trust the colonial Spaniards then? Should we demand the Spanish hand over their protectorates in Morocco back to the Moroccans before we discuss anymore with them. Should we let the colonial French have any discussion in ongoing negotiations because they once had an empire?
This obsession with Britains History 150+ years ago is pathetic it really is. That was the world then, and there's nothing we can do about it. Let's continually whip ourselves to rid ourselves of our ancestral guilt. I don't know why we haven't just locked up every German born after 1945 just to really make them know how bad their forefathers were. Complete and utter nonsense. What is it with the UK bashing from such a large swathe of our population. The loyalty to any other country other their own, mind boggling.
Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 21:42 - Apr 3 with 1842 viewstrampie

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 21:23 - Apr 3 by adamswan

Should we trust the colonial Spaniards then? Should we demand the Spanish hand over their protectorates in Morocco back to the Moroccans before we discuss anymore with them. Should we let the colonial French have any discussion in ongoing negotiations because they once had an empire?
This obsession with Britains History 150+ years ago is pathetic it really is. That was the world then, and there's nothing we can do about it. Let's continually whip ourselves to rid ourselves of our ancestral guilt. I don't know why we haven't just locked up every German born after 1945 just to really make them know how bad their forefathers were. Complete and utter nonsense. What is it with the UK bashing from such a large swathe of our population. The loyalty to any other country other their own, mind boggling.

I've already said no imperialist powers can be trusted including Spain.

Brit Nats continue to do their stuff not just 150 years ago, those Chagos islanders are still not allowed to return and live on their island even today.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2017 21:51]

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 21:58 - Apr 3 with 1815 viewsKilkennyjack

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 17:47 - Apr 3 by Highjack

You would have thought that in that case Argentina would have taken us to court by now....

Also by your logic, Ireland should be British, because it's geographically near Britain.

Did you think that post through?
[Post edited 3 Apr 2017 17:55]

Listen clever tw@t, by your logic perhaps Britain should be part of a free Ireland. I doubt Ireland would want it though.

Only gullible fools believe the monotonous BBC view about the Falklands and Gib. The Argentinians had a dreadful military leader when they invaded the Falklands and they were clearly quite wrong to do so. So sad. Maybe why there has no legal challenge ? No idea.

Of course the UK should share sovereignty with both Argentina and Spain. They are our good friends now and surely we can work together. We have quite enough enemies around the world.

Did you think that post through... ?

Login to get fewer ads

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 22:05 - Apr 3 with 1798 viewsmorningstar

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 21:58 - Apr 3 by Kilkennyjack

Listen clever tw@t, by your logic perhaps Britain should be part of a free Ireland. I doubt Ireland would want it though.

Only gullible fools believe the monotonous BBC view about the Falklands and Gib. The Argentinians had a dreadful military leader when they invaded the Falklands and they were clearly quite wrong to do so. So sad. Maybe why there has no legal challenge ? No idea.

Of course the UK should share sovereignty with both Argentina and Spain. They are our good friends now and surely we can work together. We have quite enough enemies around the world.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 22:16 - Apr 3 with 1779 viewsLohengrin

versus

Madre mia!

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 23:25 - Apr 3 with 1728 viewsKilkennyjack

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 22:16 - Apr 3 by Lohengrin

versus

Madre mia!

Rangel
Roberto
Pablo
Michu
Chico
Bauza
Bessone
Lorente
Pintado
Pozuelo
Canas
Amat

👍😎🇪🇸

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 01:02 - Apr 4 with 1699 viewsGroo

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 21:42 - Apr 3 by trampie

I've already said no imperialist powers can be trusted including Spain.

Brit Nats continue to do their stuff not just 150 years ago, those Chagos islanders are still not allowed to return and live on their island even today.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2017 21:51]

Not yet but they won the right to return, although the ICJ awarded that Mauritius will gain the sovereignty.

They also have been awarded compensation more than once.

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 01:05 - Apr 4 with 1697 viewsGroo

What sort of idiot are you?

"Of course the UK should share sovereignty with both Argentina and Spain."

Why the hell should we? Especially as the inhabitants, you know, the people who actually live there, don't want that.

If I become you friend will you give me half your house, after all, we're good friends.

Let alone we are not good friends with either Country, giving something away to someone who has no rights because they mourn and whimper is no good reason, what else do you want to give away while your at it?

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 07:18 - Apr 4 with 1667 viewsLohengrin

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 23:25 - Apr 3 by Kilkennyjack

Rangel
Roberto
Pablo
Michu
Chico
Bauza
Bessone
Lorente
Pintado
Pozuelo
Canas
Amat

👍😎🇪🇸

If you're asking which is the one sleeping on the beach I'll go with Chico.

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 08:46 - Apr 4 with 1636 viewstrampie

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 01:02 - Apr 4 by Groo

Not yet but they won the right to return, although the ICJ awarded that Mauritius will gain the sovereignty.

They also have been awarded compensation more than once.

They are not allowed to return home and live there, most that were booted out are probably dead, died of old age.
Its the way imperialists operate, its their rules.

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 09:30 - Apr 4 with 1609 viewsShaky

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 21:23 - Apr 3 by adamswan

Well there's a lot of truth in that, but let's not forget that the Leave side has traded heavily on Britain's history +150 years ago, not only though an appeal to patriotic fervour generally but more specifically in touting a return to the nation's vast historical prowess as a great trading nation.

Alas the dismal reality is that Britain's former wealth was built primarily on military/imperialistic power as opposed to any real commercial capabilities.

For example as evidenced by the systematic looting and exploitation of India:

++++++++++++++++++++++
Inglorious Empire by Shashi Tharoor – the rapacious Raj
A combative history of the British in India swats aside notions of benevolent imperial rule

https://www.ft.com/content/1885a53e-07d4-11e7-97d1-5e720a26771b
++++++++++++++++++++++

Still, forgive and forget though, eh? No doubt India will literally be fighting to get to the front of the queue to sign post-Brexit trade deals favourable to their former masters.

Who knows they might even petition the Queen to vouchsafe them the honour of once again supplying conscripted soldiers as cannon fodder in the righteous forthcoming war against Spain.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 12:39 - Apr 4 with 1559 viewsHighjack

We should give Argentina back to the Falkland Islands. Hawaii should belong to Mexico and give middle earth back to New Zealand. Brazil used to be connected to west Africa before the continental shift drove them apart in a divisive and probably racist manoeuvre so the Ivory Coast should take over the running of that, and there used to be a land bridge between the north of England and Scandinavia so Finland should take control of Hull. Russia is so big they are geographically near every country in the world so they should be our supreme overlords and we should give Germany back to the Sudetenland.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 16:28 - Apr 4 with 1511 viewsLoyal

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 12:39 - Apr 4 by Highjack

We should give Argentina back to the Falkland Islands. Hawaii should belong to Mexico and give middle earth back to New Zealand. Brazil used to be connected to west Africa before the continental shift drove them apart in a divisive and probably racist manoeuvre so the Ivory Coast should take over the running of that, and there used to be a land bridge between the north of England and Scandinavia so Finland should take control of Hull. Russia is so big they are geographically near every country in the world so they should be our supreme overlords and we should give Germany back to the Sudetenland.

I'm liking the idea of North Korea running Scotland.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 16:32 - Apr 4 with 1509 viewsLohengrin

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 16:28 - Apr 4 by Loyal

I'm liking the idea of North Korea running Scotland.

They're mad enough now, mate. What do you imagine they'd be like on Buckfast?

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 18:29 - Apr 4 with 1451 viewsadamswan

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 09:30 - Apr 4 by Shaky

Well there's a lot of truth in that, but let's not forget that the Leave side has traded heavily on Britain's history +150 years ago, not only though an appeal to patriotic fervour generally but more specifically in touting a return to the nation's vast historical prowess as a great trading nation.

Alas the dismal reality is that Britain's former wealth was built primarily on military/imperialistic power as opposed to any real commercial capabilities.

For example as evidenced by the systematic looting and exploitation of India:

++++++++++++++++++++++
Inglorious Empire by Shashi Tharoor – the rapacious Raj
A combative history of the British in India swats aside notions of benevolent imperial rule

https://www.ft.com/content/1885a53e-07d4-11e7-97d1-5e720a26771b
++++++++++++++++++++++

Still, forgive and forget though, eh? No doubt India will literally be fighting to get to the front of the queue to sign post-Brexit trade deals favourable to their former masters.

Who knows they might even petition the Queen to vouchsafe them the honour of once again supplying conscripted soldiers as cannon fodder in the righteous forthcoming war against Spain.

Forgive yes, forget no. What is the alternative you are offering, we just give up as a nation and drive ourselves into the ground because our ancestors did wrong? By the same logic, should we punish the children of murderers or petty criminals, so they can continue to repent for the sins they did not commit.
We should acknowledge our history, and learn from it- and as we are on the topic of India, like they should acknowledge their ongoing Caste system- or, is that Britains fault too?

As for your without any real commercial capability remark, I genuinely laughed out loud when I read that, and I'm not saying that to be patronising. Are you aware of the industrial revolution.......?
Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 18:51 - Apr 4 with 1434 viewsKilkennyjack

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 01:05 - Apr 4 by Groo

What sort of idiot are you?

"Of course the UK should share sovereignty with both Argentina and Spain."

Why the hell should we? Especially as the inhabitants, you know, the people who actually live there, don't want that.

If I become you friend will you give me half your house, after all, we're good friends.

Let alone we are not good friends with either Country, giving something away to someone who has no rights because they mourn and whimper is no good reason, what else do you want to give away while your at it?

A people's right to self determination is important.

Thats why Scotland is upset about being dragged out of the EU against its will by midfle aged Tory England.

Or does the principle only hold when its 'in favour' of the tired old union.

Working with other contries is often a good way to avoid later conflict. That said if you are prepared to take up arms yourself in defence of the Falklands and Gib then i respect your position. I still dont agree with it.
On the other hand, if you just want to send the army in whilst you stay at home then i have no respect for your views.

Simples.

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 18:51 - Apr 4 with 1433 viewsShaky

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 18:29 - Apr 4 by adamswan

Forgive yes, forget no. What is the alternative you are offering, we just give up as a nation and drive ourselves into the ground because our ancestors did wrong? By the same logic, should we punish the children of murderers or petty criminals, so they can continue to repent for the sins they did not commit.
We should acknowledge our history, and learn from it- and as we are on the topic of India, like they should acknowledge their ongoing Caste system- or, is that Britains fault too?

As for your without any real commercial capability remark, I genuinely laughed out loud when I read that, and I'm not saying that to be patronising. Are you aware of the industrial revolution.......?

My point was about Brexit.

The alternative? Not to Brexit.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 18:57 - Apr 4 with 1427 viewsShaky

. . .And on the subject of the industrial revolution, invention does not equate to commercial nous.

Indeed in the case of steam railways inventions turned to financial disaster for the UK, and caused a loss of capital and crippling malinvestment in shite incompatible infrastructure that the country has arguably not recovered from.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 18:59 - Apr 4 with 1424 viewsblueytheblue

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 18:51 - Apr 4 by Kilkennyjack

A people's right to self determination is important.

Thats why Scotland is upset about being dragged out of the EU against its will by midfle aged Tory England.

Or does the principle only hold when its 'in favour' of the tired old union.

Working with other contries is often a good way to avoid later conflict. That said if you are prepared to take up arms yourself in defence of the Falklands and Gib then i respect your position. I still dont agree with it.
On the other hand, if you just want to send the army in whilst you stay at home then i have no respect for your views.

Simples.

Scotland aren't being dragged out of EU, Scotland aren't in EU.

UK is. UK vote. UK voted out.

I realise the Jocks seem to believe their votes count waaaaay more than anybody else but sadly democracy doesn't work that way.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 19:12 - Apr 4 with 1414 viewsLohengrin

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 18:59 - Apr 4 by blueytheblue

Scotland aren't being dragged out of EU, Scotland aren't in EU.

UK is. UK vote. UK voted out.

I realise the Jocks seem to believe their votes count waaaaay more than anybody else but sadly democracy doesn't work that way.

You'll enjoy this, Bluey, Ruth Davidson putting Sturgeon back in her box.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024